Worldwide Flight Services Employee Reviews

Great place for training
Loadmaster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
Great for training and see other opportunities. Management still needs work and the break times need to be adjusted. Its great to travel to other stations to learn new things
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Poor management
close knit employees
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Gypsum, COJune 21, 2017
I worked at a small station where the employees were like family and worked well together. It is an experience that I enjoyed very much as it was seasonal and provided wonderful connections.
Terrible place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2017
The worst place I've ever worked at. Extremely underappreciated, understaffed, and way overworked. What makes matters worse is the turnover rate far exceeds their hiring capabilities. Most of the people quit after the first day of week because it's just not worth $8.50 to do all the work this WFS statuon demands from its employees.

They make it seem like ramp agents only load planes but no. Ramp has to clean planes when they need it. Not to mention the actual cleaning crew starts at $10. So basically you do someone else's job for $1.50 less.

Management is terrible. Most supervisors think they can just talk down to us and the upper management are a bunch of incompetent idiots with no understanding of keeping the "values" of the company. There's a poster that they put up that says "Treat our employees like customers." That couldn't be farther from the truth. They expect you to do all of this work, including extra B.S. for $8.50. Sometimes if it's just we don't even get a lunch. One time I started at 2pm and didn't eat the whole time I was at work which was nearly 2am. And did I mention that it can be up to 20 degrees hotter in the tarmac? The manager said it got up to 150 last year on the ramp. So if you want to literally melt then be my guest.

The only plus side is that they will hand out lots of extra hours during the summer, but you really have to think if that's all worth it for only $350-500 a week.

If you would like to get ramp experience and transfer to a better airline, then go ahead and try it out. But the way I see it, you can make minimum wage doing something
  more... easier and in an air conditioned building.  less
Pros
Lots of extra over time hours in the summer
Cons
Sometimes no lunch, understaffed, terrible management, too much work for $8.50
Fun and interesting place to work
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 14, 2017
Interesting day of checking in passengers, checking passports making sure all documents are legal and represents the passengers and checking in their luggage. I learned a lot of from working as an agent in the airlines industry, management is ok but they have favorites and sometimes don't know how to talk to employees. The hardest part of the job was learning different passports and to see where they can fly to and if they need another form to enter a country. My co-workers make the work day enjoyable.
N/a
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2017
Its was great love this job.great opportunity. . the hours was fuuny bt it payed a bill or two.. This company gave me another chance at a good job will nice people to work with
Not a bad PT position
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2017
Absolutely no benefits, no paid vacation, and no holiday pay. Other than that the workplace is relaxed and the General Manager is a good guy as long as you do right by him.
Good Job
Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
Basically good all around.Management is good, The seance of order is great. The culture is well ll around good.I like everything about it despise the split shift stuff
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2017
It was a great work expirience. I am currently looking to transfer to the Palm Springs branch to continue the great opportunity I has in the LAX branch.

I learned AMS and I handle transfers. I've learned of Import/Export of cargo. The management was very good. Everyone was very kinda and understanding. They were great trainers as well. The whole experience is very enjoyable.
Pros
work expirence
Cons
benifits
good company
Warehouse Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2017
it is a really good company, i feel pretty comfortable working there
there's good bosses and co workers fast pace environment of work hard schedule 12 hours shifts and 3 and a half day to rest
N/a
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
work preparation is very easy to start, after i hop into a vehicle and start to deliver cargo and packages to and from warehouse to airplanes, management isn't on you too much, friendly environment, hardest part is getting a 100 ton pound piece of cargo to move, but its all worth it at the end when the job is finish
fun work place
Mail Processor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 1, 2017
Wait for plane to land. Drive and pick up strings. Unload and scan each parcel. Make sure to not put 25 pounds or over on belt. Separate first class and priority mail from the rest.
Pros
good people and good workout
Cons
planes delay short hours during slow season
Horrible
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
Managers, dispatchers and drivers are the worst in the business. The drivers take company vehicles to other employee houses in company vehicles and sleep with each other and smoke weed on company time. This place is all about money and the needs of the customer is never met. Do not ever use or recommend WFS to anyone unless they are totally desparate.
fun workplace
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for WFS, different background and fun. Although, I had to help with Marshalling flights and ground work, I still enjoyed the outdoors.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
n/a
Don't do it.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2017
Excellent place to work if you like being take advantage of with no compensation. Upper management is incompetent and inexperienced. No pay increases for a minimum of 18 months and then only a maximum of 3%!
Pros
Plenty of sunshine.
Cons
Expensive insurance with poor coverage.
Non
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 10, 2017
Working at this company is the best experience ever to learn about the flight what kind of flight is it ,how to book a resevation for passengers ,when theres a delay you have to know what to do.
I got to see the airplanes
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Specialist (Ramp Agent) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2017
Perform Loading/unloading of trucks on daily day-day basics
• Stock Merchandise in proper and appropriate location with in the warehouse
• Load and upload, Airfreight, mail, in the carts for the respective flights
• Trained to complete all TSA Cargo screening procedure (ETD) of cargo
Fun, productive enjoyable work place
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hayden, COMay 4, 2017
worldwide flight service was an amazing and fun place to work. I learned so much about the airline industry and loved my job and did it very well. Management was equally as amazing. We were paid great but did not receive benefits as we were only seasonal. Until United and Continental airlines merged I always knew I would have my job next season. When the airlines merged they did not keep any of the continental employees ( this was at the Hayden location)
This was very upsetting as I really loved doing and enjoyed my job and knew the system very well.
Pros
Experience, pay and the people i worked and met daily
Cons
seasonal, benefits, merge layoff
Organizacion, entrenamiento, puntualidad de pago.
Warehouse Agent Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
La direccion o gerencia se caracterizo por cumplir con su organigrama en el nivel operacional logrando los standares de calidad y servicios presupuestados.
Pros
Seguro Medico
Cons
El stress al que eramos sometidos durante la realizacion de las labores diarias.
Would not recommend applying to this company
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2017
This is by far the worst contractor at the airport. The company only worries about making a profit and not the employee. You're better off working at a fast food restaurant than with this company. My advice: look elsewhere for employment.
Unable to progress as an employee due to management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 14, 2017
Management is terrible, there is no structure. Supervisors act as if they are superior to their employees instead of trying to strive to make every individual succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide Flight Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8