Worldwide Flight Services

Worldwide Flight Services Employee Reviews in United States

Overworked and under appreciated. Management is full of favoritism and we're always short staffed due to people quitting
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2016
Management didn't appreciate their workers, everyone gossips about each other. Short staffed overworked and underpaid
Pros
Experience with an airline
laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2016
worked with overseas fright at the pittsburgh international airport. i would build the freight to be loaded onto the plains.
ramp worker puntagorda florida
ramp worker (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 6, 2016
I worked their loading and unloading the planes. the co workers there were ok but the lead people were lazy and always tried to put the work on new employees also the management treated the employees very badly this place had a high turnaround of employees the pay was vary poor there 9.50 hour they worked you very hard in 100 plus temp. weather and would send you out in lighting storms when they right on top of the airport. the mgt. did not care about the employees the only time you saw them was when they were there to fire someone they have a union there that takes money out of your check then never returns phone calls when you have a problem. the best part of the job was when the shift ended and you got to leave of the 40 plus years I worked this is the worst place I ever worked at in my life.
Pros
co workers ok
Cons
see commits above or everything bad.
Horrible management
Client Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 16, 2016
I would not recommend working for this company as it is a "Mickey Mouse" operation. Very unprofessional, poor training, and lack of communication.
Thank you.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 31, 2016
Happy to learn about the other side of the airline business--cargo. Glad to meet all the desk agents along with supervisors and middle management. With the loss of a major contract there was a big void felt by employees as well as management. Management offered a separation allowance that was welcomed.
Pros
Sincerity of office staff
Job isn't Guaranteed
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2015
When you get hired for the first time, they offer it to you on the first day of the interview. They explained that it was part of a Union and that the hourly rate of gonna be 8.50 and that shifts are available to those who been there longer then you, even though they want it.
During training, there is a class full of people and the studies are very easy but hard to understand at the same time. You go through a whole 8 hour day with an instructor, who is well competent of their job. They give no hands on training only visuals. I have to be honest, I did learn a lot but the actual wait time to even see the work site takes for EVER! I was already in my second month of employment before I got fed up of the wait time because of the security clearance takes either 2 weeks or a month. Money wasn't coming in so I decide that it wasn't for me. Plus over the time I was employed, I've heard stories on the news.
Pros
The classes are very helpful
Cons
No food provided during classes, the pay sucks, and the placement for your job isn't guarenteed
God awful
ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Puta Gourda FloridaNovember 4, 2015
good people to work with. the pay does not match the work load. It gets hot and handling 800 to 1000+ bags a day at 50lbs a bag is hard work. no benefits and a weak union makes it easy for management to take advantage of most everyone, and they do. don't plan on going home as scheduled. I have seen many people come and go. most quit in the first week.
Pros
lose weight because you can't afford to eat
Cons
everything you've ever heard of a bad job that's WFS
excellent customer service skills,reliable,motivated,,able to work in fast enviroment.
passengers agent (Former Employee) –  NWK jrOctober 11, 2015
It is great interest that i submit mu resume as an application for the position of passengers agent at WFS with my brillant hospitality back ground,excellent customer service in fligjt attendant with an international airlines for 8 years, in hostess and waitress for at least 10 years in Nyc,I am comfident I can make a solid contribution to your airlines.The diferent position I have held in the past for many opportunities to develop the strengths you require, including highly skilled in receiving guests, recording necessities of the work.
In the meantime I can be reached at my cell phone number or email.
I thank you for your considerstion

Sincerly

Majda sediri
productive fast paced workplace
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDOctober 10, 2015
a fast paced environment where adhering to rules and regulations is key. Management could've been a lot better, however, the company overall need improvement.
Productive work place
CTX X-Ray Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens,NYSeptember 2, 2015
Learning all aspects of stocks, including sales, buys, trades and wires. Learning all aspects of stock markets. Dealing with shareholders and companies.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
working all kinds of hours
Great work environment
CSA LEAD AGENT (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 31, 2015
Fun work environment with great employees. Good decent pay and flexible schedule. Best part of working for WFS is working with my colleagues. A regular day at work concise of data entry's conference calls planing and answering e-mail's and phone calls.
Pros
good pay, good schedule, great employment atmosphere
Cons
Short handed, not good healthcare
airport
Passanger Agent (Former Employee) –  newarkAugust 18, 2015
The job was alright, management needs to improve.Consideration towards the employees need to be recognized. Not enough hours were given. The coworkers were nice.
Pros
good time
Cons
not enough hours
Great Company
Station Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2015
I was blessed with having an amazing boss. Our contract ended which is why i do not work there anymore. but it was a great job.
we had to assist customers in getting on and off of planes, and getting their possessions on also.
Logistic services for USPS.
Ramp Service Clerk (RSC) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2015
Processing mail package for USPS.
I have learned all about this process, as also about Federal mail and American Airline Security Rules.
Management and co-workers are good.
The hardest part is to carry repeatedly heavy package and work at nightshift.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Nightshift work and carry heavy cargo.
Amazing coworkers! However the management at this Mesa location will throw you under the bus!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2015
Hours are not ideal at all, be sure if they call you for an interview that you ask very detailed questions about the schedule! they will have you scheduled for a 3-4 hour shift very early in the morning, then have a 3-4 hour break before you have to return for another short shift. Myself and my co-works wasted more gas than what we made at the shift. The co-works are truly amazing, but please ensure you ask all possible questions during your interview! Compose a list of questions and ask them at the interview. Good luck!
nice people but no benefit
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2015
I love the people I am working with, but honestly, the employing company doesn't provide you with much benefit. The supervisors are helping pretty much well, although your concern/problem may not get any better because management sucks.
Would not work for them again
Ramp Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 3, 2015
WFS was full of drama, no supervisors, if there was one its a 50/50 chance they were drunk and talking trash to employees. We ran gate to gate like chickens with our heads chopped off for really bad pay.
forklift driving and airplane view
Ramp Services Clerk Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2015
Breaking down material shipped from China to place it on proper trucks for shipments. I learned to drive a forklift on this job and how to handle heavy machinery, also we had a UPS contract so I became very familiar with packaging mail and shipping to correct zip codes. My coworkers were decent, of all ages and backgrounds as well. The hardest task would b off loading Tons of heavy material from the planes and the dollies. The most enjoyable part of the job was growing up to the challenges that were thrown at us daily and feeling accomplished.
Pros
planes, forklifts, truckers.
Cons
shifts
24/7 operation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark Liberty International AirportApril 27, 2015
24/7 on-call job. The logistics involved in the movement of freight was educational. Operation continued 365 day a year. Work force and management worked well together to meet goals.
Great Station Manager, Tough Job
Ramp Agent/Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Belgrade, MTApril 16, 2015
A typical day consisted of at least one "turn" flight (a flight that arrives and departs from the airport), and at least two "RON" flights (a flight that remains overnight). For security purposes, I cannot explain in detail what I do, but it includes offloading and loading luggage, cleaning the aircraft, and performing a security search on the aircraft.
Our Station Manager is great, but the "leadership" at our station was severely lacking. Day-to-day activities were often made more complicated and arduous than need be, mostly due to poor or non-existent leadership.
At best, this was a good college job. It paid well enough, and wasn't extremely difficult. It is a tough job to do full time though, both mentally and physically. The most enjoyable part was the rare times that you get to work with a good crew.

2.9