Worldwide Tech Services Employee Reviews

Great Company
PC Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 31, 2016
Enjoyed working from home and being in control of my day to day activities and understanding customers. Managers and supervisors were very detailed, helpful and on time with everything. Representatives at fedEx were very helpful and knowing us technicians were on a timely schedule for the day. Overall, great company to work for...
Pros
work from home
Cons
use own gas money
Very little interaction with other company employees and supervisors, every thing was managed remotely from Chicago/Florida HQ
Worldwide tech (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 25, 2016
99 % of the times I have to works as independent, the company supply the calls via internet and listed in the WO. the company also provide a storage room on a public storage where they send the parts that will be necessary for the repair, and at the end of the day I have pack control and return parts and send service order completes. The company maintain contact with us via phone, mostly trough the supervisor, who solve problems with parts and customers when it was needed. the work was OK the only setback was the need to use our own vehicle and the company always finding ways avoid the expenses on mileage according to the industry standards making tax prepare very complicated and increasing the cost of it.
Pros
. The company was very solid and provide us job when other companies were filling for bankruptcy
Cons
No recognition, always was avoiding to pay for the car/mileage expenses under Industry standards
Not applicable
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2015
No review provided. Requesting to not leave additional comments about this position.

Company changed hands multiple times and as a result the overall direction from management was not clear, and this also affected the ability of those whom Worldwide Tech Services held contracts with to offer consistent work to the company.
Long days, longer nights
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2015
one of three hughes network certified service technicians.
day started at 7 am, printed my calls from home and left to pick up parts and schedule the service times. day ended around 8-9pm. covered within 5 hours of st. louis. Also fully certified to work on all dell pcs, laptops, and servers.
Good if you're with the parent company, Not good if you're a contractor
Field Service Technician-Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 30, 2015
WWTS hourly employees get benefits,perks,transportation,and good training. If you're hired as an independent contractor through some of the smaller contracting companies, you are in for a different world entirely. The training is extremely scattered and much less than sufficient. There are no benefits. The work is extremely unreliable and as you work per contract can go through droughts. There is nearly no direction or protocol for closing and nothing is uniform. You will be making judgement calls with no direction on a daily basis. This is fine when you work as a field technician, that's to be expected. The problem is when you have to guess how much you'll make, how to close a job on the extremely scattered portal you must use, how each individual company handles returns. The work is really fun, the company is an absolute logistical nightmare. THIS ONLY APPLIES TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS! If you are hired DIRECTLY as a worldwide tech services field technician the job is very fun and well structured if you are technically inclined. Wish I had known before I wasted my time..
Pros
Work/Life Balance. Fun work
Cons
No benefits, Unreliable hours and pay, Horrible organization for training and job closing, Absolutely clueless management.
Productive and fun, doing the things you love, and meeting great people.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 7, 2015
First thing in the morning, I get my work assignments from the web portal. Call my customers and make appointments. Then I head out to pickup the parts to the services with. I learned time management and how to recognize issues and repair many different kinds of computers, printers, and TV's. The hardest part has to be driving 4 hours to do 2 assignments and driving 4 hours back home. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the issues resolved the first time.
Pros
Expanding your knowledge of computers and TV's
Cons
Traveling outside your territory.
Fun place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 4, 2015
Engineers are exposed to various technologies
I would only recommend this job for someone that is looking or experience in IT
Laid back technical services company
Worldwide Tech Services (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAFebruary 11, 2015
I only worked here for a few months until they decided to lay off everyone in my dept. and go in a different direction with the position. I have heard that they have done this a few other times. I would say that the work environment is not stable
Go nowhere job
Worldwide Tech Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Never get a raise. Continually wants you to do more and for less and on learn/train on your own time and try to manage you with people who have no clue what you are doin.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
To many late hours, unrealistic expectations and expected to lie to clients
Typical Day
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2015
*Accept & print work-orders for customers/clients
*Call & schedule with the customers/clients for the repair
*Pick up parts and arrive on time
*Complete the repair to make the customer satisfied
*Package & return parts used & unused
Pros
Driving around to amazing locations you normally wouldn't go.
Cons
Long Distance driving

Want to know more about Worldwide Tech Services?

Ask a question
productive but stressfull
Field Service Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  southeastern ma.and R.I.January 16, 2015
very stressful place to work
learned something new every day
management has been on decline for the last 10 years.
co-workers all hard working good people
put on short time constraints with large amount of miles between calls.
the people i worked with.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
being blamed for managements poor decisions
Intense Learning Environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaDecember 15, 2014
Knowledge based, highly motivated learning experience, hands on
environment.
Break/fix on the job training, customer satisfaction. Excellent resources an data base referral.
Pros
Intensive learning environment
Cons
high driving mileage
Company Review
QualXServ Service Partner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2014
WWTS was a great company to work for. The managers I interacted with were very nice and wonderful to work with. They provided all materials and training needed. They also provided opportunities for Dell and IBM certifications.
fun job never tired
Computer technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 9, 2014
it very good work i learn new something everyday i like it but i want permanet job
Great work but poor management
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 9, 2014
It's good work but the managers don't care about much. I learned a lot on the job, and it made me a better Tech. They can't keep employees on staff because they don't know how to treat them. You receive the jobs through a web portal, and you need to set up appointments. You pick up the parts at the UPS Store, or FEDEX. You would drive to the destination and do the repairs on Tv's, computers, or printers. I truly like the work but it wasn't worth what they paid you.
Pros
Working hours, and the work involved
Cons
Poor management, Terrible pay, Company only cares about themselves.
Working for WWTS was better than a stick in the eye. I guess
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Western, New YorkApril 2, 2014
I worked for WWTS for a little over a month. In the morning you would collect your one job. The attempt to contact and arrange an appointment with a client. Clients often wanted you to work after 6:00 PM. You would then travel to job site and perform work, order additional parts if needed. Then return unused or used parts as required.

I was not impressed by the process they have in place and very surprised Dell and IBM are doing business with a company that operates like this. It would basically take an 8 to 10 hour day to obtain 2 to 4 hours of pay. The longest day I had was 5 hours. Training was very sloppy and materials were incomplete and very rushed. Questions went unanswered by trainers but then by managers.

I did finally end up meeting some of my co-workers who were forced from full time positions to work part time like myself. Despite the story WWTS feeds you the expenses that you incur will not be tax deductible unless they are 10% of some magical UN-obtainable number. So basically not a wise choice for employment.
Pros
I got to work from home for 1 hour a day.
Cons
I think the Cons were running the place.
Extremely process oriented and completely remote operation
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  New OrleansFebruary 24, 2014
This company supports warranty repairs to DELL, IBM, HP, SONY and other name brand computers, TV's, printers and an abundance of consumer and business technology. Their work process is streamlined and well tested to a point where anyone with intelligence, handy with hand tools and a car can perform first rate repair work. The days start with parts collection or in lucky case, the parts are sent to the site. Then the rest of the day is spent contacting the customers to arrange a site visit, travelling to site and replacing parts. You need to be organised enough to schedule the jobs in appropriate order which can be difficult if the customers work or are away form the equipment during the day. The hardest part is working alone and never getting to know co-workers. It is offset by meeting an abundance of clients for all demographics and some often extremely dubious living conditions.
Pros
Organisation
Cons
Not being paid for driving time or mileage. Working alone. Unpaid paperwork time.
Computers are a passion
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 13, 2014
I like computers and everything to do with them had a lot of driving but didn't get a lot of hours
Good work/life balance
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater Chicago AreaDecember 28, 2013
I loved the flexibility with the job. There was no chance of advancement with the company. Management was okay. I mostly enjoyed the friendly customer encounters and helpful coworkers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement or steady scheduling which leads to layoffs.
Satisfying job as you are working directly with end users
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 28, 2013
Worked from home, no office in area. Picked up parts from UPS and Fedx for small computer business. Drove van stocked with parts for the Hughes satellite contract.
Management located around the country but mainly in Tewksbury, MA. The job was enjoyable due to the fact that you were interfacing with people in their homes and you were genuinely satisfied that you could make a difference with the end user.
It was a pleasure to work with the other techs as we all helped each other so that if anything was misunderstood there was always someone there to confer with and straighten out any problems.