Come and be a part of our exciting corporate expansion and EMPOWER YOURSELF!
Our thriving technology company is looking for a result driven Linux System Administrator for our fast growing Scottsdale office. The Linux System Administrator reports to the Project Manager and the System Architect. As a system administrator, you are expected to work independently, multi-task between various clients, and perform multiple tasks on a daily basis. The person who fills this position will be responsible for troubleshooting customer problems, upgrading software, implementing upgrades, implementing custom built and third party products for new and/or existing web applications; and logging your progress into a task management interface and working to improve the services we offer.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve customer reported issues.
- Project work, including patching, security updates and improvements to the Managed hosting infrastructure.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve customer provisioning errors.
- Document daily shift activities in the appropriate reporting tool and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comfortable on the command line and the ability to write and execute shell scripts
(strong knowledge of BASH or python is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in Linux system administration (especially experience with Ubuntu/Debian based systems)
- Proven experience with load balancing and server clustering on the cloud
- Solid understanding of web services, including but not limited to Apache and Nginx
- Solid understanding of database installation, administration, replication, mirroring, and sharding (specific experience with MySQL and MongoDB are a plus)
- Server tuning, monitoring, and performance testing
(especially experience with Zabbix and graylog)
- Ability to set up and configure email servers
- Ability to troubleshoot system performance problems
- Strong knowledge of server hardware and system configurations
- Willingness to enforce and manage policies and procedures
- Superior communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units
- Exceptional project documentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to provide 24x7 server environment support including after-hours maintenance and on-call duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3+ years of Linux system administration experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with potentially changing priorities
- Results and detail oriented
- Self-motivated team player
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
BONUS SKILL SET:
- PCI Compliance
- Experience working with Jenkins CI tool
- Puppet or other system configuration tool set
- DNS Administration
- Zabbix experience
- Experience with Jira and Atlassian agile development tools
For your contributions, you’ll enjoy the sweet perks of discounts from hundreds of leading brand name retailers and cellular discounts with national providers like Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. Also a benefits package at 60 days of employment which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules