Worldwide TechServices Employee Reviews

The job allowed complete autonomy
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HIDecember 30, 2016
The best virtual company experience I have ever had. They didn't start out as what looked like a good experience. As the company evolved and they grew and took on new customers it quickly became a wonderful place to work.
A typical day at work was never too busy for me. I would check the work orders on line and accept them based on how correct they were. I would coordinate with the end user based on the parts availability and schedule the repair around what worked best for the 2 of us.
I was required to keep up with the latest certifications for Dell, IBM, Lenovo, Sony, HP, Apple and Lexmark. The real learning was on site in front of the customer but the manuals were all available and it was great being able to educate myself prior to the repair.
Management was non existent. I never meet any of the management face to face as none of them were in the state of Hawaii.
In the beginning I was sent a senior tech from Oahu to help get me going and figure out the online software. After the one day experience, the only other time I met other techs was when I came up on a unit that I had not been certified on. In the 4 and a half years working with WWTS I only met 3 employees face to face.
If you are a self starter and enjoy helping people through their rough spots with computers, this is a great place to be. The only down side is that even though you are reviewed yearly and don't mess up, but showed that you where a valuable asset to WWTS they never increased the salary. I found that to be unbelievable in today's economy.
Pros
Autonomy, no boss breathing down my neck.
Cons
Not even a hint of advancement, financially or career wise.
Not a good career move
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2015
Besides that fact.....

1.Empty promises about performance reviews and raises (3 years in a row for most havent seen a raise in 6 + years)

2.As of this month Benifiet changed to a Income killer HSA (which mind you WWTS saves about $6,000,000.00) The company only contributes only about 40% of what you contribute into the premium)

3.Compensation 20%+ below the job market analysis statistic (01876)

4.Some manager should be fired because they do nothing and know nothing about management. Most managers are in there position, NOT for skill or Business related reasons or education ... more like my friend is a VP or a director so he is hooking me up even though I know squat.

And so on ......
Pros
Great place to go if you have a friend in Executive management
Cons
If you know noone in Executive management, you will be treating like a noone
Take your chances
former Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2016
Interesting... I was just laid off due to "not enough work" and now they're hiring? Chances are, they're rehiring at less than what I made with no benefits. Good for them, bad for the worker to takes this offer.
Pros
Gets you out of the office, lots of work variety
Cons
very little support from within, little to no advancement, manufacturer data is sorely lacking. Google is your best friend
I don't have a comment to make
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
I really just took this job for very good work experience and I didn't have any other job offers on the table at the moment.
Pros
Travel Reimbursement/ Very Flexible Work schedule and also weekly pay
Cons
No Job Security/benefits
Work very flexible schedule
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
I love the job flexible and you can make your very own work schedule on how you want to work. No micro managing. I also love the fact that they give travel reimbursement.
Pros
Travel Reimbursement, and make own schedule
Cons
No job security, and not always guaranteed work
A messed up company
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Field RepresentativeOctober 4, 2015
I had a complicated preocess to get hired, which I did, and the company was so unorganized you would be afraid to have your stuff in their tech reps hands. I was so shocked. I reccommed not applying to this rediculous company with no benefits, and they keep you down in hours for that reason intentionally. Also no chance for moving up and little pay raise on top of the paltry offerings they start you at. Its not worth the effort or time.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Benefits promotions, and pay are all garbage
Not stable work, good for retiree, student, or person with other steady income
Field Associate (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 24, 2013
Maximum of 29 hours per week as part time field associate. Some weeks you will only work 20 or less. Only .33 cents per mile being payed for usage of own car. You will have to perform some job responsibilities on your own time for no pay, such as faxing/emailing documents and making phone calls throughout the day. You are given 30 minutes each morning to call clients and perform admin tasks, but they will require that you continue to call clients through out the day and send in documents at the end of the day all off the clock. Supervisors are hard to reach when issues arise. Most of the time they will not answer. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to replace laptop/desktop hardware.
Pros
working with hardware
Cons
lack of work, benefits
Not worth the time if you want to stuggle on your paychecks
Field Service Technichian (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2013
This company used to be known as Qualxserv, when I worked for them. You got paid for each call you serviced at that time $32 per call. You were at the mercy of how many calls you received in your assigned territory which was predetermined. If you had no calls that day, you had no work! Also, they didn't compensate you at the time for your cell phone use or for gas/maintenance of your car. Unless you are just looking for somethig to start out with to gain experreince or believe you can live paycheck to paycheck without knowing what it would be, STAY AWAY!!
Cons
no compensation, not a full time job, work is sporadic
Love the people I work with, wish the pay and job security was better
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 2, 2015
I love the people that I work with here at WWTS. Management is great and so is my job. However, there is NO job security. They hire temps and the ONLY way to become permanent is to apply for a permanent position that you can only find by going on the website and looking every day. I started off as a temp doing escalations, making $12/hr. After 6 months, I was promoted to a permanent position, that I applied for, making $15/hr. After only 2 months in my new position, myself along with the other 18 people in the same position were told that our jobs were eliminated. Luckily, I was able to go back to my $12/hr position with a $1 raise (because I am now a permanent employee). I was extremely happy in my promoted position and was really sad to find out that it was eliminated. There are many departments and plenty of room for advancement.

PS: Health benefits here are so expensive its almost laughable.

If the pay was better and my job was more secure, this would be the best place I have ever worked for. Even with the negative comments, I would still, without a doubt, recommend this place to anyone who asked.
Pros
great managers, cafeteria, gym, relaxed work environment, room for advancement
Cons
no job security, low pay, benefits are too expensive
very demandable company, alot of travel, dangerous work conditions, alot of home accounts
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 12, 2012
very demandable job, on call 26 weeks out of year, service on all products varying from computers to tv's to servers networks. alot of home accounts, very intense travel daily, 200 to 600 miles per day.
Pros
company vehicle, benefits
Cons
200-600 miles per day travel, on call 26 weeks per year, 24hour customers
good place to work, if you want to work to death
WWTS Tech II/ Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2016
Company is based on getting the most out of its employees, to their detriment or not.
Company works on pushing itself upward by pushing downward on its employees.
Will degrade and use shaming techniques to push technicians further.
If employee shows signs of health problems due to stress, company will push employee further.
Some of the supervisors use guilt and manipulation to force employees to work unhealthy and illegal amounts of overtime.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
hours. overtime.
Great company to work for
Desktop Support/Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 19, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the field technician job is to interact and help all the customers with their software and hardware issues.
decent place, onsite gym
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 3, 2014
Nice Management
Good co-workers
Needing additional training for special projects
Learning new things in Excel, Access, VB SQL
Pros
Good people
Cons
turnover, compensation/benefits
Fun part-time job
Dell Certified Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJuly 10, 2015
Fun place to work and the freedom to schedule and manage your own work schedule. A typical day included picking up parts from UPS location center and making calls to schedule the day's appointments. Would go to businesses and home's and repair hardware and software issues on desktop and laptop computers. The hardest part of the job was locating another available technician and coordinating his time with mine to go onsite to take down televisions from wall mounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction or replacing parts and giving a working computer back to the owner.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Part-time status
Not consisstent job
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
this work is part time job.
No stable hours. Every week is different. You can make 20 or less hours a week. Sometimes you can do more than 30 hours. But this rare in part time position.
The management pretty much don't care about employees.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of hours
Very challenging job, with excessive travel
Field Engineer/Computer Tech II (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 17, 2014
A very challenging job, with 1500 or more miles of travel per week, using your own personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is only .33 per mile and doesn't cover return unless over 40 miles, however still subtracts last 40 miles and 40 minutes of time.
Pros
Got to meet people and companies
Cons
Travel, lack of understanding and support from management/company.
Gym across the hall
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MASeptember 18, 2015
I enjoy working for WWTS. The workers and management are very nice and fair. I enjoy customer service and helping people on the phone.
Worldwide TechServices
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 7, 2015
This job is by far my favorite kind of work. It was hard not being allowed to troubleshooting software issues for this job. I found myself liking the simplicity of just installing what is broke and leave software to the software department. This is a ok job for a side job or if your going to school other then that these people will just use you.
Pros
Simple easy work.
Cons
No money in this job.
Solo job
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista AZJuly 20, 2015
Accept calls in morning call customer and set up service calls, Drive to customer location and troubleshoot hardware.
Pros
decent pay for the work
Cons
could go weeks without work
Worked independently, learned allot, put on allot of miles.
WW Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAApril 30, 2013
In the morning I would check my computer to see what work orders and accept them. Review the work orders to see what needed to be done and use Google maps to create a tentative schedule. Next call the customers to schedule the appointments and revise the schedule as needed.

Drove to pick up the parts and then to the first appointment. I wrote down the time I left for an appointment, the time I arrived, I finished, and the miles driven. This information along with the parts used and if the parts where returning new or used had to be recorded when the call was closed. Most service calls could be closed at the end of the day. Some had to be closed in real time depending on the account. I believe a technician working now would have to close all service calls in real time.

On a service call I would confirm the problem, replace the parts, and then test the system. The majority of the service calls went smoothly. If the repair was not successful I would call the support number to help troubleshoot the problem and open another service call if needed. As I gained experience I required less help from tech support. I learned early on to check my work as I did it.
Pros
Learned allot
Cons
Put allot miles on my car, never new my schedule ahead of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worldwide TechServices. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5