Worldwide TechServices Employee Reviews

Its what it is
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 19, 2017
They will you use for their own needs.
Bad pay.
Bad befits
No 401 k match
Mangers have no experience on management.
Low morale.
Really their are no good points.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
No advancement, bad pay and bad benefits
Fast paced and demanding with oppurtunities
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2017
Work in field repair can be very demanding but a great opportunity for people just entering their career working with computers, great chance to learn the inner workings of computers and printers and teaches strong troubleshooting skills
It's a lot of driving
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INSeptember 27, 2017
Constant threat of being fired. Very high pressure. A lot of training and certification. As soon as you get all necessary certifications it seems they no longer work with the equipment you've trained for.
fun place to work
Global Program Director (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MassachusettsSeptember 7, 2017
fun work place do work. management is very good to work with also the team members are very nice to work with also. there has been a lot of opening in the company.
Good Experience for Newbies, That's About It
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 22, 2017
Great firm to gain experience, but once you have it, you're better off elsewhere. Management is more focused on numbers than actual results, which reflects in how calls are initially managed. No real culture exists given most conversations are via phone or email.

Typical day starts at 8 when you receive assignments. You call the users, set appointments, then handle each case individually on site.

The greatest difficulty is also the greatest joy. The large service area allows for a lot of travel within your territory, but also puts a lot of personal strain as outriding 2 hours for a repair means that much travel time back. While compensated, it makes it hard to plan a personal life.
Pros
Flex Scheduling on Calls, Work out of Home, Travel
Cons
Large Service Area, Lowball Wages, Bare Bones Health Insurance
only worked there for a year
Repair field tech (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJune 19, 2017
I only worked there for a year so i really cant give a honest review. It would not be fair to them. But i did enjoy my year working there. the people were nice
Severe understaffing
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 2, 2017
Very stressful on myself and my car. Driving around fixing computers doesn't sound so bad, but with a 2-hour driving radius as my territory I spent most of the time driving. Would not have been so bad if the company would have agreed to high more technicians to spread the work load out.
Bad manager for my area
Sr. Hughes Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johnson, VTMay 29, 2017
Other managers I've heard good things about but mine said I wasn't doing enough calls each day. They ask that you do at least 2 calls a day whithout overtime which wouldn't be too difficult if each one wasn't 2 hours away and both of the places I could pick up parts weren't an hour away from my house. I told my manager this everytime we talked and all he could say is do better. Just got tired of being told I wasn't good enough even though I was busting my hump for them. Other managers even disliked my manager because he didn't help them when they all helped him out.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
Bad manager in vermont
All work and low pay
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 23, 2017
A lot of driving, poor management, low pay, don't promote from within the company, no career opportunities. would not recommend as a permanent job. Don't work here
Pros
Cons
Work
Dead End
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2017
Unless hired Full Time do not bother, Part Timers go days/weeks
with no work (company expects you to be available every day however).
If hired Full Time, be prepared to drive your car into the ground.
Pros
Working here will make you feel better about any job you had before
Cons
No career development or growth
Good place to work while you are looking for something more consistent.
Customer Service Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAApril 12, 2017
The company is fair, could stand to increase the per call compensation but otherwise a good company. Your geographical area could be huge as mine was and create a deficiency in the mileage compensation.
Pros
self driven. You are responsible for your area.
Cons
pay structure creates inconsistent income stream.
The job allowed complete autonomy
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kekaha, HIDecember 30, 2016
The best virtual company experience I have ever had. They didn't start out as what looked like a good experience. As the company evolved and they grew and took on new customers it quickly became a wonderful place to work.
A typical day at work was never too busy for me. I would check the work orders on line and accept them based on how correct they were. I would coordinate with the end user based on the parts availability and schedule the repair around what worked best for the 2 of us.
I was required to keep up with the latest certifications for Dell, IBM, Lenovo, Sony, HP, Apple and Lexmark. The real learning was on site in front of the customer but the manuals were all available and it was great being able to educate myself prior to the repair.
Management was non existent. I never meet any of the management face to face as none of them were in the state of Hawaii.
In the beginning I was sent a senior tech from Oahu to help get me going and figure out the online software. After the one day experience, the only other time I met other techs was when I came up on a unit that I had not been certified on. In the 4 and a half years working with WWTS I only met 3 employees face to face.
If you are a self starter and enjoy helping people through their rough spots with computers, this is a great place to be. The only down side is that even though you are reviewed yearly and don't mess up, but showed that you where a valuable asset to WWTS they never increased the salary. I found that to be unbelievable in today's economy.
Pros
Autonomy, no boss breathing down my neck.
Cons
Not even a hint of advancement, financially or career wise.
Work very flexible schedule
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
I love the job flexible and you can make your very own work schedule on how you want to work. No micro managing. I also love the fact that they give travel reimbursement.
Pros
Travel Reimbursement, and make own schedule
Cons
No job security, and not always guaranteed work
Remote Operators
Computer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  JAX, FLMay 25, 2016
No departments to reach or deal with, all through internet and ghost managers that think they are superior to all and those who come in contact with. Not truly Americans.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No Growth
Great company to work for
Desktop Support/Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 19, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the field technician job is to interact and help all the customers with their software and hardware issues.
I don't have a comment to make
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
I really just took this job for very good work experience and I didn't have any other job offers on the table at the moment.
Pros
Travel Reimbursement/ Very Flexible Work schedule and also weekly pay
Cons
No Job Security/benefits
Take your chances
former Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2016
Interesting... I was just laid off due to "not enough work" and now they're hiring? Chances are, they're rehiring at less than what I made with no benefits. Good for them, bad for the worker to takes this offer.
Pros
Gets you out of the office, lots of work variety
Cons
very little support from within, little to no advancement, manufacturer data is sorely lacking. Google is your best friend
good place to work, if you want to work to death
WWTS Tech II/ Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2016
Company is based on getting the most out of its employees, to their detriment or not.
Company works on pushing itself upward by pushing downward on its employees.
Will degrade and use shaming techniques to push technicians further.
If employee shows signs of health problems due to stress, company will push employee further.
Some of the supervisors use guilt and manipulation to force employees to work unhealthy and illegal amounts of overtime.
Pros
work from home.
Cons
hours. overtime.
Not a good career move
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2015
Besides that fact.....

1.Empty promises about performance reviews and raises (3 years in a row for most havent seen a raise in 6 + years)

2.As of this month Benifiet changed to a Income killer HSA (which mind you WWTS saves about $6,000,000.00) The company only contributes only about 40% of what you contribute into the premium)

3.Compensation 20%+ below the job market analysis statistic (01876)

4.Some manager should be fired because they do nothing and know nothing about management. Most managers are in there position, NOT for skill or Business related reasons or education ... more like my friend is a VP or a director so he is hooking me up even though I know squat.

And so on ......
Pros
Great place to go if you have a friend in Executive management
Cons
If you know noone in Executive management, you will be treating like a noone
A messed up company
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Field RepresentativeOctober 4, 2015
I had a complicated preocess to get hired, which I did, and the company was so unorganized you would be afraid to have your stuff in their tech reps hands. I was so shocked. I reccommed not applying to this rediculous company with no benefits, and they keep you down in hours for that reason intentionally. Also no chance for moving up and little pay raise on top of the paltry offerings they start you at. Its not worth the effort or time.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Benefits promotions, and pay are all garbage