WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employer Reviews

project management
PROJECT COORDINATOR/ANALYST (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
Involved mostly in project coordination. Support procurement team in the preparation of contractual documents. Supervise work in accordance with the approved schedule and client’s requirements. Manage project personnel responsible for implementation of the project tasks. Prepare statistical reports, workflow records documentation and time records. Contribute – more... to the development of overall project schedule. Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the client as they arise. Monitor oil and gas market, prepared weekly, monthly analytical reports on market fundamentals and main price drivers. – less
Offshore Project
PROJECT CONTROL- SENIOR SCHEDULER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: great company
BP GoM Project , which includes several assets, Nakika, Pompano, Mad Dog, Atlantis
Great company with a family-feel
Principal Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: working environment, co-workers, and supervisor were exemplary
Cons: when project finishes, so does the assignment
Excellent supervisor and project controls team. Had the opportunity to learn all aspects of scheduling and cost while part of the project controls team.

A typical day could include: updating schedules for multiple projects; preparing weekly and monthly reports for management and client for either schedule or cost; attending meetings and working with – more... client, engineering team, and subcontractors. – less
Very productive place to work
Site Construction Manager (Current Employee), Pretoria South Africa.March 17, 2014
Pros: learned alot about power plant procedures form south africa.
Cons: health insurance not provided for my wife in the states
Good project management team.
Enjoyable place to work with present co-workers.
Great place to work and move around
Lead Instrument Engineer (Current Employee), Atyrau, KazakhstanMarch 12, 2014
Pros: multucultural (true for n america and cis), strong corporate and engineering standards
Cons: compensation is usually lower then competitors
WP is no doubt a fully staffed EPC company with lots to gain from. Its extensive engineering standards covering all aspects of job makes it easier to place your self in the right direction.
Worley is a wonderful company who is dedicated to their staff
Office management of engineering firm (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, co-workers, diversity of work
Cons: the industry can be tempermental
They realize that their staff is what their product is, and they treat us accordingly. VERY good pay and benefits. In my office (they are international), we've had a great team and we work together to produce a quality product. I can honestly say I've loved my 6 years here and am sorry to leave (relocating to another state). I wish them all the success – more... in the future. – less
Excellent Company with terrific benefits!
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Learned a lot about the employee benefits administration. Great people to work with! Favorite part of my job is working with the employees.
Construction consultant
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDFebruary 11, 2014
Great firm, lots of opportunities.

Project based, so be prepared for the ebbs and flows that this provides.

Very intellectually challenging and a great group of co-workers
alright to work for
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Reading, PaFebruary 4, 2014
Struggle to get projects. Not an EPC therefore are being priced out of the market. Several Layers of management causes a lot of inefficiencies.
Wonderful company with great benefits and support for growth and development
Procurement Coordinator, Senior (Senior Expeditor) (Former Employee), Monrovia, CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2014
WorleyParsons is a great company to work for, with a positive learning environment.
Happy when company had works
Engineer II (Current Employee), Azusa, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: higher salary
Cons: not very stable career
Pretty nice company to work with except it may not be a good career path for long term job.
great opportunity to travel and great jobs thru different clients
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Reading, PAJanuary 10, 2014
great co-workers
opportunity to travel
great ckients to work for
too much upper management
I love the work I was doing
Crazy and confusing place to work
Principal Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Monrovia, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: bagels on thursdays (of course you had to donate a dollar)
Cons: too many to list in 100 words.
Went in on contract in October 2011, the atmosphere wasn't like anything I'd experienced in an Engineering firm;
- People yelling at each other over aspects of the project
- Lead Designers treating some of the Junior Designers like they were worthless.
- Everyone looking out for themselves, there was no loyalty amongst the employees on a given projects
Very challenging work environment with wonderful employees that work very hard through tough times
GLOBAL DIRECTOR BUSINESS SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT (Current Employee), Concord, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: international expereince
Cons: working odd hours due to the global nature of the role
Working for an internationally based company has it's challenges - matrix management at it;s highest levels. I learned so much about international cultures and the need to manage change in specific areas. The most enjoyable part of the job are he people - so very hard working and all have an excellent perspective with the work life balance.
Balance between life and work
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2013
Pros: 4x 10 schedule
Cons: frequent management change
Every Friday off enable employee to balance work and life. Typical day in this company is chanllegeable and great managers.
Advancement is limited to expertise only, hard to advance
Supervisor (Former Employee), Reading, PAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: no room for growth, hard to get exposure
While working at WorleyParsons seemed to have its perks, the downside was there was limited room for growth. Working with Leadership was a good experience. Some of the work processes are very outdated compared to that of other companies I have worked for. Training I had at a previous employer 5 years prior to working at WorleyParsons was only offered – more... to WorleyParsons employees in my second year of working for them. – less
Productive and quiet environment with great people
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 14, 2013
Working for WorleyParsons was a great experience for me and I learned a lot from working there. They had great management to train you as well as let you know what your job title consists of, so you know exactly what is expected of you.
Fast-paced workplace
Document control specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
Work for a document controller usually begins when new documents or updated versions of existing documents come into the records for a company. The controller is tasked with ensuring these new documents are seamlessly integrated into the existing records, or updating older records with new information and documents.
Graduate Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB CanadaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, diversity, great workplace, proper training, lunch and learns.
Cons: none in my experience
A typical day of work involved performing a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analysis. I had a team and we all worked for a certain project fulfilling the requirements of the deadline and quality.
I learned how to work with other disciplines, and how to use the database of the Project. I learned to use all the – more... standards and where to find them, also everything related to the engineering calculations..perform hydraulics, size pressure safety valves, etc...
The management was good. They were always looking for our development and assuring all workers had all they need to work. Benefits were fair.
I had great co-workers, we had a really professional atmosphere at the workplace and there was always respect among us.
The hardest part of the job for me was start without having an initial training for a particular task. For example, the first time I had to size a Pressure safety valve, I had to figure it out myself, as there were no trainings at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, as I learned from all my co-workers. – less
Nice company to work for.
ERA/Certification Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Management and peers were great to work with. Learned HSE and became certified in High Rise Fire Safety. Worked with Russians and learned some Russian in order to communicate with team members.

1 2 3 4 5

About WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Corporation puts its energy into energy and chemical plants. The US subsidiary of WorleyParsons Limited, the company – Read more