WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Wonderful workplace with incredible growth opportunities, consistent training and development, Salary and other incentives is highlymotivating.
Senior Project Engineer/Deputy PM (Former Employee) –  LagosJanuary 16, 2017
Always excited to go work.
Team spirit is the culture and day-to-day way of life.
Management are approachable and care for the welfare of the company.
Growth opportunities is unlimited.
The salary is far better compare to competitors in the industry.
Employees work together as a team to achieve together
Pros
Staff business, Yearly bonus, Fantastic renumeration, Work life balance
Good company to work for
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
I have been fortunate to have worked within exceptional groups of employees and can't ask for more.

There are several challenges with management, though. There is a general lack of transparency in performance reviews and hardworking employees are not given adequate encouragement. Performance Review process is a joke, in general.

There is no opportunity for career advancement or training.

Business Development group appears to lack focus.

Excessively 'top-heavy'.
Pros
Great work-life balance; some 'good teams'; several exceptionally professional staff.
Cons
No transparency in performance reviews, one-way communication from the top, lack of training and advancement options; not so good Insurance options
Great projects
Senior Client Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Deal with clients and employees and I learned a lot of the 5 years I worked for WorleyParsons. The project managers were great to work for but if the client did not like their political there boss would remove them from the project. The culture was diverse which made it nice to work environment.

Bad CEO he didn't care about getting new projects all he care was about his bonuses to his colleagues. WorleyParsons was either bidding to high on projects or low that we did not receive not one of the projects.
Pros
Meet a lot of good employees
Cons
Bad CEO
Used to be a wonderful place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
WP used to be a wonderful place to work, but began deteriorating a few years ago when the 'global mindset' crept in, and all employees became numbers. No regard for work/life balance, and the lay-offs were handled poorly. Very unfortunate that a one time people oriented company has dissolved into what it is today - mismanaged, overspent, with no regard for it's employees or their loyalty.
Pros
Benefits; compensation
Cons
Lack of training; no work/life balance; employees are numbers
A company that is slowly dying in the States
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Great job while the company actually had work. Due to not winning or obtaining work the entire office has shrunk to the point of not being able to be competitive.
Pros
great work life balance, great co-workers and managers
Cons
no work, too many managers to employees
To much traveling
Instrument Technician QA./Q.C. (Former Employee) –  Old Ocean, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Working with W-P, I had no problems with staff or management. Good working conditions, where as the places I worked for them.
Pros
No rushing
Cons
No chance for advancement
Amazing company to work for
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2017
worked there for 3 years and loved every minute. they have great management and a great work culture! would love to work for them again in the future.
Productive work environement with sustainability issues
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 2, 2016
Excellent first few years, but impacted by volatile business conditions and high employee turnover, i.e. two successive managers left the company and two more successive managers were laid off.
Unwieldy management structure that has a dozen layers communicating with all employees all the time with surveys; layoff, retirement, new hire announcements; organization changes; newsletters; directives; procedures; constantly revised policy documents, etc.
Company management structure and positions reorganized each year for the past several years created great deal of uncertainly.
Pros
Excellent compensation, benefits, and IT support. Great learning environment.
Cons
Constant disruptions by all levels of managment.
I do not recommend employment with WorleyParsons
Major Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
The loyalty by the Senior Managers to the staff that made them and the company large is not there. I worked a total of 15 years for the company. Made them millions of dollars and saved their clients hundreds of millions. Built a world class Engineering Team in the Anchorage Office and at the end a more Senior Manager let me go so he could take my place on the project team.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
The new CEO has destroyed the company moving the engineering and design work to India and China.
Dynamic, forward thinker , team builder and always successful
Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Managed mega to small project in both construction and a wide variety of oil and gas projects, both in US and globally

Hardest part of job was balancing the demand of the project engineering scheduling with keeping all documents in compliance.

Very enjoyable to hire, train, and develop a wide , diverse staff and see them go on to have success careers launched with the foundation and mentoring I had a part.
Enjoyed working with a bunch of great people for the past 18 years.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  575 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston TX 77079August 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company for the past 18 years. The people there were a great bunch of people. A typical day was doing what ever came across your desk that day. I was always learning new things, which I liked. The management was fair. They tried to do what was best for the employee until the down turn of the economy.

I really enjoyed going to work every day, even though after moving to the Katy Freeway, the drive was a bit much. I really felt that all my coworkers were part of my family. We would do just about anything for each other.
Cons
The company moved from Greenway Plaza, to Bellaire to Katy Frwy. and Dairy Ashford
Aloof Senior Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Al khobarAugust 9, 2016
The Location Director and Finance Director do not have enough experience and make bizarre decisions. Financial cutbacks target the lower paid staff. No Leadership direction at all
Pros
Salary
Cons
No team spirit, aloof senior management
A very friendly and nice people to work with
Civil Engineer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Worleyparsons.
Good management and good benefits.
Nice co-workers
The hardest part is how to prioritize the multiple assignments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job done.
Productive and fun workplace
Chief Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2016
One of the great company that I work with. Technicaly and ethicaly excellent environment. Great teamwork with very frindely project management. Almost all diciplines helpfull and cooperative.
Pros
good facilitiy for lunch
Cons
Project was very tight targeted.
Easy going and flexible
Lead Construction Engineer - Civil & Structural (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 27, 2016
Good working environment with facilities at International standards.

Good Medical Insurance.

Multi nations and multi cultures in the work
Good working system and safety practices.
Company is heading in the wrong direction
Lead Controls Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 28, 2016
Slashing benefits, lack of business development, lack of leadership transparency

Since company was bought by Australian Public company. Benefits, morale and workload has taken a drastic hit.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of leadership, top heavy company
Good Company takes care of employees
Logistics/ Material Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 12, 2016
A large multi national group, our location did not get many visits from upper management.

Most of the work done by company requires degrees and higher credentials.

Advancement for older less educated employees seems to be somewhat limited
Pros
Good benefits and communications from corporate
Cons
Need more procurement and logistics positions
Good company.
Senior Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2016
Good company, good pay, good benefits, good 401K. A very good place for the seasoned professional to work. I would like to work for Worley Parsons again on a short term project.
great learning experience
I/E Designer II (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 23, 2016
Was able to get great field experience on this assignment. I learned a lot about the construction side on engineering on large projects.
Pros
compensation
Cons
communication with management
You could do worse
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
This job started off promising as a contractor and I was hired on within 6 months. The salary compensation is better than most offered but still just above average. They have an awesome work life balance policy and I didn't have to work if I needed to take time off on short notice. My co-workers are great, friendly and helpful. We are not micro-managed and so, expected to work independently and be responsible. The hardest part of my day is probably getting out of bed, but once I'm at work we get our job done then we can relax a bit. Unfortunately, the promise it had no longer exists as any hope I had for advancement had been outsourced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorleyParsons. Our community is ready to answer.