WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Fast-paced environment, dedicated to their clients
Project Manager Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2015
WorleyParsons focuses on providing superior project management support to their clients. It is a fast-paced environment.
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee), HoustonJuly 28, 2015
With a good group of document controllers work days are productive and help is there if needed.

My co-workers are very helpful and easy to work and get along with.

The hardest part of the job is relying on suppliers to submit vendor data correctly.
Very Demanding and productive
Principal Document Controller (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Mega Project execution
Cons: Single project may leave you without a job in near future
At first, I thought this is the company where I need to be, the company that will provide me with the growth opportunity and support I require but now I am not sure anymore.

For 3 years now, I have been trying to work on my growth and prepared a plan to achieve my personal growth and secure a lasting relationship with the company but there was simply no effort from the management part.

Now, I have come to find out the reasons why management has been reluctant to get engaged our personal growth and that is because like many other companies they have decided to outsource our work to China.

The Decline has been astronomical but all management can see is the bottom link, they saved a buck or so they think.
good group of people to work with
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Cons: very aggresive work schedule
Company is always changing its policy. A lot of the work going to China now. Working on a project is challenging and you learn something new every day.
GREAT
Principal Structural Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed working here and all the people I worked with the best of the best at this company. I got a lot of hands on learning from a lot of great guys who have been doing this for a very long time.
Working in a barrel of monkeys
Senior Engineer (Weight Engineer) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Off every Friday
Cons: Micro Management
I drive at least 2hrs to my job to sit at my desk and analyze data for offshore floating platforms. I interact with all types of people, deck hands to lead engineers to senior managers. I've learned that management at Worley Parsons has found a way to keep your future at a "hush", meaning; they don't like to tell you that what is going to happen until you receive that 2 week notice e-mail. My co-workers are great. My group is small so we have bonded like a family. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with thousands of pieces of logistics that has been constructed on the platform or taken off. As a weight control engineer, we have to maintain mass property in compliance with USCG and ABS. Most of all, safety of our co-workers living and working on the platforms. The most enjoyable part of my job is definately traveling offshore to the platforms and seeing it real time
Network Admin (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
⦁ Responsible for the success of implementation of large to small telecom, network, and voice projects.
⦁ Configured and maintained Cisco Call Manager, Unity and related Cisco Unified Communications configurations.
⦁ Managed Cisco's IP telephony and IPCC Contact Center Enterprise.
⦁ Handled SRST, Voice Routing Protocols, QoS and Voice Gateways and even maintained network engineering framework.
⦁ Responsible for maintaining and supporting corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure for multiple job sites
⦁ Provided Technical Supports DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, VLANs/VTP on Local Network Area (LAN)/WAN issues.
⦁ Performed add/move/change switch ports to VLANs according to required access levels.
⦁ Configure and troubleshoot cisco routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP and static routing, BGP, route-map).
⦁ Responsible for replacement of Cisco switch 1900s and 2900s and creation of VLAN to meet PCI requirement.
Good company to work for but no stability.
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Bellaire, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great salary.
Cons: No job stability.
I enjoyed working on the projects and being a seconded employee to BP and Chevron. I was very disappointed when Chevron cancelled the WorleyParsons' contract resulting in the layoff of over 300 people during the Christmas holiday.
Typical Engineering company
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Rapid pace projects compromise quality
Worley Parsons has been rewarding and educational where I worked with numerous talented people who shared their knowledge that I used to lead my own project with exceptional CAD designers.
You can find new ways of doing things for yourself.
Principal Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAJune 24, 2015
You can find new ways of doing things for yourself. It's a young company finding its path to greater success. You are encouraged to find innovative ways to improve productivity in your day-to-day work. Hardest part is sometimes you get pulled in different directions, and you have to make your decision to sort it out.
godd work enviroment
Sr. Piping Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: excellent facilities
Cons: none
working with the PDMS model, modeling pipe and equipment, that is what i like to do, as well the opportunity to go off shore, to visit BP platforms to take field dimensions look for the best pipe route back in the office, and coordinate the info with all involved disciplines, WP provided all required training for this task, the opportunity to work with different project and clients, excellent supervision and the best at WP we are employes not numbers...
Great Company to work for.
PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJune 18, 2015
Great Company to Work for! I worked with numerous wonderful people and clients. This company taught me many things during my tenure that I use on a daily basis.
Great global company
Global Manager of Citrix Infrastructure (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home
Cons: Outsourcing IT
The company is a very good one. Unfortunately, the CIO has made a bad decision to outsource most of IT. Because of this morale has fallen.
Great Engineering Company
Associate Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Interesting Work, Lots of Vacation Time
Wonderful international company specializing in large engineering projects. I was in charge of specifying mechanical equipment. Had the opportunity to interface with clients and vendors.
Excellent workplace
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Van pool
Cons: supportive lead
The company provides competitive salary. Working environment is very professional. Provides subsidized van pool for employees.
A very good knowledge base
Lead Document Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great parking, good benefits, location
Cons: The drive for me.
Worley Parsons has many great assets, it's people! I have worked with some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry during my time here.
Great Atmosphere and very proffesional
Control Systems Principal Designer (Current Employee), Houston,TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hours of Operation
Cons: No Overtime
Usually my day consists of checking in with the floor manager for jobs. Working with several clients, we usually get handed different types of work. Mostly design loops, wire diagrams, and location DWG's based off the plants overall plot. My Co-workers are an amazing team, but due too the decline in work, we have lost over 70 percent of our staff. I am always learning something new, and the hardest part of the job is sometimes having to figure out how to manipulate a drawing with very minimal input from the client. The management are a great group. No complaints about the company in general, just in fear of losing my job to the decline in business.
Reputable company
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
I had fun working for WorleyParsons. Very convenient location and made a lot of good friends.I am definiltely consider coming back.
Review of WorleyParsons
Structural Engineer II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2015
fun and good company. Treat employee fair and give employee the opportunities to grow. They also provide some work shop every month and paid education.
Good company and people within the organization
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: Exposure to other projects
Enjoy working at WorelyParsons the past six years, enjoyed the diversity of the scope of work and the people on the projects I was assigned. Many opportunities to showcase ones professional capabilities.
Industry