WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Engineering Firm
Buyer / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
WorleyParsons was a great place to work until the oil prices began to fall. I know so many people, good workers, that were laid off because of this. The one thing I did admire WorleyParsons about the process, is how they treated their employees with dignity and respective during the lay-off process.
Pros
4 day work schedule, 10 hours a day
Cons
no new projects
Good work life balance
Process Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
WorleyParsons management offers a good work life balance along with a variety of different projects and jobs to advance your career. Their management is very accommodating to your life's needs.
O&M Unusual
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 24, 2015
Though we do get a good standard salary with built in over time, the room for advancement is minimal.
It is the location that is the most frustrating though. the work/life balance is good, but traffic in between is horrid.
Pros
Good Pay, Great Training
Cons
No advancement, Commute
You could do worse
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
This job started off promising as a contractor and I was hired on within 6 months. The salary compensation is better than most offered but still just above average. They have an awesome work life balance policy and I didn't have to work if I needed to take time off on short notice. My co-workers are great, friendly and helpful. We are not micro-managed and so, expected to work independently and be responsible. The hardest part of my day is probably getting out of bed, but once I'm at work we get our job done then we can relax a bit. Unfortunately, the promise it had no longer exists as any hope I had for advancement had been outsourced.
Nice workplace
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 4, 2015
Great place to work with but management and the supervisory personnel is in high amount of politics. I learned a lot of things and it's not a very stressful job.
Pros
Good compensation and work day schedule.
Cons
Health insurance is not quite good. Too much politics.
Safety and Risk Assessment
Safety & Risk Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
As WorleyParsons' Safety & Risk Subject Matter Expert (SME), I perform a wide range of Technical Safety studies in relation to Offshore and Onshore Oil and gas facilities. More recently, I have been working as a Process Safety Manager on Sasol's US Mega Project's Lake Charles Chemicals Project. My function over here at LCCP is mostly IPMT overseeing the work performed by a number of Engineering Contractors.
Pros
WP encourages excellance and initiative.
Cons
Good Company, very few negatives and downsides that I can think of.
Downturn
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Point Thomson, AKOctober 26, 2015
Company sluggish during the down turn in the Oil & Gas market. Burdened with multiple departments taking care of the same tasks. In need of a restructuring with concentration on employees.
The Payroll Manager and Supervisor were very pleasant and helpful.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 18, 2015
Worley Parsons had a great payroll department. Everyone got along and worked together. It was a joy to go to work every day.
Pros
Learned alot about SAP.
Very knowledgeable staff in a pleasant working environment
Chief Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 14, 2015
Very knowledgeable staff with pleasant working environment. Managers were on top of things although communication could have been better.
Productive and a fun place to work
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
Various projects kept me busy and each job was a learning experience. For me this was a job I did not mind going to.

Every project was different I had the chance meet and work with new people and sometimes coworkers from previous jobs.
The fact that WorleyParsons offered flex time and PTO was a plus.
Anytime something was not agreeable the matter would be taken care of from large moving request to resetting the room temp.

The Term Team Work did come into play everyone tried to work together to maintain a good work environment, and meet set deadlines.
Pros
We had Lunch and Learn
Highly Recommended
Senior HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 13, 2015
Worley Parsons is a world renowned Australian company that promotes excellent work culture and ethics with good corporrate governance.

I highly recommend WorleyParsons to the world.
Senior Mechanical Nuclear Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 7, 2015
Good to me but company doesn't seem to be moving forward and getting new business. Wish that they had a plan to expand their nuclear business
Nice place to work
Sr. Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 23, 2015
Nice and fun place to work. Coworker are nice. sometimes to much work with no planning, but colleagues helps went they can. they can improve to have a better training department.
Professional and caring with employees! They have an awesome employee safety program. Also, a fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CASeptember 14, 2015
Management was supportive in every aspect and always there and available when job or personal issues arose. They valued their employees and treated all in same respectful manner regardless of their title.
Pros
Large company with job opportunities worldwide.
Cons
None.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Supervising Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Professional and caring work environment and management.
I was able to mentor young professionals.
I had a freedom to implement my ideas
Great place to work.
Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2015
WorleyParsons was the place that gave me my start in the pipe design industry. They hired me right out of college and put me through workshops to learn how to use the programs necessary to do my job.
Engineer company
Payroll Administrative (Current Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 25, 2015
It is a very different working for an engineering company.Tbase here job are project base. They have a 9/80 schedule and 4/10 schedule.
There benefits pretty good .
Pros
FRIDAY OFFS
Fast-paced environment, dedicated to their clients
Project Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2015
WorleyParsons focuses on providing superior project management support to their clients. It is a fast-paced environment.
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee) –  HoustonJuly 28, 2015
With a good group of document controllers work days are productive and help is there if needed.

My co-workers are very helpful and easy to work and get along with.

The hardest part of the job is relying on suppliers to submit vendor data correctly.
Very Demanding and productive
Principal Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
At first, I thought this is the company where I need to be, the company that will provide me with the growth opportunity and support I require but now I am not sure anymore.

For 3 years now, I have been trying to work on my growth and prepared a plan to achieve my personal growth and secure a lasting relationship with the company but there was simply no effort from the management part.

Now, I have come to find out the reasons why management has been reluctant to get engaged our personal growth and that is because like many other companies they have decided to outsource our work to China.

The Decline has been astronomical but all management can see is the bottom link, they saved a buck or so they think.
Pros
Mega Project execution
Cons
Single project may leave you without a job in near future