Worthington Industries is a global metals manufacturer that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, agriculture, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. With annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion, our company is North America’s premier value-added steel processor.
Since 1955, Worthington Industries and its employees have lived a customer-centered philosophy, based on the Golden Rule. Our family of 10,000 employees in 83 facilities throughout 12 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry.
The primary role of the business analyst is to help solve the strategic problems that our business unit leaders face. This role requires a broad range of creative problem-solving skills, combining technical and analytical excellence to generate solutions while identifying even greater opportunities for transformative growth. This role is a high-visibility opportunity that will offer many chances to influence the strategic direction the company. The problems addressed by the team range anywhere from international strategy to product/service innovation and all parts in between. This position is expected to travel ~75% of the time (Monday through Thursday) to manufacturing facilities
- Establish deep relationships with fellow team members.
- Successfully integrate and drive value with our business unit partners, including colleagues ranging from production employees to executive leadership.
- Gain deep understanding of Worthington’s business portfolio and sources of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Create a self-development and discovery program that will allow quick add new capabilities.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data to drive performance and fact-based decision making
- Serve as a change agent to foster a high performance management culture at local facilities
- Identify and schedule transformation deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Recognized as top-performer by existing leadership.
- Four-year degree or equivalent, MBA or similar education preferred.
- 3 years or more experience solving a variety of business problems.
- Ability to break down large problems into manageable pieces and produce actionable solutions.
- Working with Ambiguity (ability to proceed without always being able to clearly see the next steps)
- Influencing without Authority (ability to synthesize, simplify and communicate pointedly)
- Prioritizing Value (effectively choosing where to spend time/efforts for largest impact/return)
- Working with Data Sets (ability to collect, group, and merge data to produce insights and facts)
- Creative thinking, analytical/quantitative analysis and fact-based data collection.
- Self-starter that is adept at taking initiative and a proven track record of setting high goals for themselves, pursuing and obtaining them.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
Indeed - 11 months ago
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...