Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With systems developed to conform to international standards for quality, environmental management and occupational health and safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson & Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major steel suppliers With sales of approximately $2.5 billion annually, our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; steel pallets and racks.
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, Worthington Industries operates on a philosophy grounded in the Golden Rule. We put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries is seeking to hire a Consulting Manager. In this position, you will be responsible for the internal consultants to drive change and provide leadership to the overall Centers of Excellence Program. Developing and implementing business models and implementation planning along with mobilizing resources for the successful implementation of the Transformation effort is also important to this role.
- Leadership and Direction
- Change Management
- Accurate and timely analysis
- Positive influence over other
- Accurate and timely planning requirements
- Timely deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Leads overall engagements – Provide direction to teams on methodology, project plans, and overall direction. Maintains a highly motivated team
- Oversee quality of work products from Analysts
- Work with Local Management to ensure effectiveness of teams (local and engagement). Actively utilize change management to increase effectiveness of team
- Develop/mentor analyst capabilities, provide feedback on a timely basis, and help grow the analysts holistically to be able to assume roles within the business
- Identify and schedule transformation deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Facilitates problem solving sessions with Local Team and Analysts
- Establish operational targets with intermediate and long term objectives
- Develop local (plant) team member talent * Train and develop plant leaders in operational excellence, drive cultural transformation, and the standardization mindset
- Identify and execute “Quick Wins” with immediate financial implications
- Report out to executive leadership on performance of operations
- Problem solving-Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces, creative thinking, analytical/quantitative analysis, fact-based data collection
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams, and implement improvement within an established time frame, then sustain process improvements
- Strong oral and written communications-adept at building trusting relationships, ability to motivate and convince others especially regarding conflicting points of view.
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate personnel to drive positive change within the organization
- Self-starter that is adept at taking initiative and a proven track record of setting high goals for themselves, pursuing, and obtaining them
- Formal training in Lean and 6 Sigma and quality management systems preferred
- Demonstrate potential to be a leader within a WI business
- 4-year college degree or equivalent, MBA or similar advanced education or experience preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in at a Consulting Firm within a process improvement role, leading teams
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...