Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With systems developed to conform to international standards for quality, environmental management and occupational health and safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson & Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major steel suppliers With sales of approximately $2.5 billion annually, our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; steel pallets and racks.
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, Worthington Industries operates on a philosophy grounded in the Golden Rule. We put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Steel Delta is looking for an individual to assume the Electrical Engineering role at Delta, Ohio facility. The primary purpose of this position is to make a positive contribution as a member of the Plant Engineering team. Develop and maintain excellent communication with users throughout the plant, during the identification, planning, writing, and implementation stages of projects.
Work closely with plant operations and maintenance departments to enhance plant uptime, productivity, and efficiency. Troubleshoot plant equipment to improve equipment design. Identify cost savings opportunities, analyze benefits, and implement solutions. Develop and install capital projects as required from the capital plan
- Experience with a programming language such as C++, Basic, Visual Basic
- Experience with a Human Machine Interface software, such as: FIXDMACS, WONDERWARE, US DATA or Factorytalk. Working knowledge of a Programmable Controllers (Allen Bradley, General Electric, Siemens, Texas Instrument)
- Working knowledge of electrical drive systems.
- Autocad basics
- Continuous process experience, paper web, plastics, or steel
- Project management
- Industrial Maintenance experience
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Effective - outgoing communicator
- Team player
- Works well independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Conduct and control effective meetings
- Ability to prioritize and delegate work loads
- Engineering aptitude (revision design)
- Leadership skills
- Planning skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to relocate
- Ability to excel in an informal environment
Prefer Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with 5-years additional experience.
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...