Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With systems developed to conform to international standards for quality, environmental management and occupational health and safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson & Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major steel suppliers
With sales of approximately $2.5 billion annually, our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; steel pallets and racks.
Worthington Industries is looking for a Supply Chain Analyst in the Columbus area. As a member of the Procurement team, the Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for conducting in depth analysis and making recommendations that drive improvements in our supply chain, resulting in reductions of our overall inventory exposure and the best total landed cost within the Retail Product business unit. The Supply Chain Analyst will partner with Product Development, Sales and Operations teams to understand the diverse needs of each group (e.g. new products, new markets, new production methods) and develop innovative, cost-effective solutions within an international supply chain network.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes.
- Responsible for assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems and developing recommendations.
- Serve as financial analyst support for supply chain leadership providing quality analysis leading to correct strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Drive changes that will lead to improvements to logistic processes, packaging, sourcing, landed cost reductions and improved company profitability.
- Analyze current supply chain positioning and develop supply chain expansion strategies to meet future customer and business needs, particularly regarding supply chain network growth and optimization with the goal to improve customer experience and supply chain scalability.
- Identifies patterns or trends in industry from a supply chain perspective and reports on findings
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of end to end supply chain components including order fulfillment, forecasting, inventory management, master data management, item lifecycle and disposition and supplier planning for retail products.
- Responsible for analyzing supply chain systems/processes and develops recommendations based upon business needs of each component. Applies these strategies to enhance existing product supply chain networks and develop new product networks.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma processes and techniques to identify and remove waste, variability and excess lead time in our existing processes. Responsible for performing the regular analysis, review and manipulation of parameters used to deploy inventory throughout the supply chain (e.g. procurement process, safety stock, target service levels, etc.
- Create supply chain network models to analyze the network need to support future sales growth
- Designs, develops and performs analysis on key inventory KPIs to determine when KPIs are out of acceptable tolerances, to determine root causes and to identify unfavorable trends requiring attention. Responsible for tracking, analyzing and communicating performance and exceptions.
- Develop new tools and improve existing metrics to evaluate supply chain performance (e.g. industry best practices, market intelligence, supplier data research, etc.)
- BSBA Preferred in Finance, Accounting, Business or Supply Chain/Logistics
- 2 - 5 plus years of applicable experience preferred
- Ability to travel both domestic and international up to 25-30%
- Experience with international manufacturing supply chains required
- Strong analytical capability and aptitude. Demonstrated ability in process improvement, metric development and problem solving is required
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to get results from cross functional teams without a formal ‘chain of command’
- Strong understanding of supply chain functions and management concepts
- Fundamental understanding of business financial and accounting principles
- Experience with network modeling tools, network optimization and long range planning a plus
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, Worthington Industries operates on a philosophy grounded in the Golden Rule. We put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...