Worthington Industries is seeking a Mechanical Product Design & Development Engineer which will be located in the Garden City, KS facility. The position is in a manufacturing environment designing Steel & Fiberglass storage tanks and pressure vessels. Candidate will support the tank products through original designs, as well as design changes to existing products. Will provide key information to sales and quoting groups, as well as being a key resource to our customers.
- Design of Steel & Fiberglass storage tanks.
- Direct customer contact to collect and understand specifications and requirements
- Upgrade existing designs to meet current requirements, improving reliability and reducing cost when possible
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing
- Create & execute design changes of varying degrees of complexity by ensuring that performance parameters are met.
- Communicate with and provide support to the Sales and Marketing departments
- Design of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code products, according to Section VIII.
- Perform code calculations and define material and process requirements for oil and gas storage vessels
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Fiberglass design experience/knowledge ideal
- Fundamental knowledge and/or ability to quickly familiarize oneself with codes and standards (ASME, UL, API, ASTM)
- Experience with structural steel design
- Steel & Fiberglass storage tank construction and design
- Solid Works and/or Auto Cad or a similar design package. Mathcad knowledge a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Experience performing simulation analysis (i.e. FEA) of materials a PLUS
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities of fast paced manufacturing needs
Indeed - 5 months ago
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...