Worthing Industries is seeking a Mechanical Product Design & Development Engineer with preferred experience in a manufacturing environment employing DFMA (Design For Manufacturing and Assembly). The ideal candidate has experience working for a company that designs & manufactures consumer products in retail and commercial markets.
- Develop full scale project plans
- Responsible for product design, planning and implementing new product designs & modifications for retail and commercial markets, to improve quality, cost, & overall customer value.
- Design, test, & troubleshoot components & systems for Consumer Products
- Take conceptual designs through supplier sourcing, design development, product validation, manufacturability, and product launch.
- Upgrade existing designs to meet current requirements, improving reliability and reducing cost when possible
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component, subsystem, and system level
- Create & execute design changes of varying degrees of complexity by ensuring that performance parameters are met while meeting quality targets during launch.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Communicate with and provide support to the Sales and Marketing departments
Up to approximately 25% travel may be required
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (preferred), Manufacturing Engineering / Technology, or Industrial Technology (MSME degree a plus)
- 2-7 plus years of Engineering experience (ideally with mixture of Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, and Test Engineering)
- 2+ years of experience using SolidWorks and/or AutoCad or a similar 3-D software package
Experience designing mechanical components & systems (flammable systems, soldering products, etc.) would be a PLUS
- Strong problem solving skills such as 6-Sigma or another structured methodology to solve complex problems
Experience performing simulation analysis (i.e. FEA) of materials & structures or experience working with plastics and UL requirements a PLUS
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional listening, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills and adept at influencing
- Knowledge of product and process design techniques (i.e. APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, ISO, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office computer based tools.
- Knowledgeable of or ability to learn UL, CSA, and etc. standards, rules and guidelines.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities of fast past retail needs
Worthington Industries, Inc. (Worthington), is a diversified metal processing company, focused on steel processing and manufactured metal...