Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With systems developed to conform to international standards for quality, environmental management and occupational health and safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson & Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major steel suppliers With sales of approximately $2.5 billion annually, our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; steel pallets and racks.
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, Worthington Industries operates on a philosophy grounded in the Golden Rule. We put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Cylinders is looking for a Quality Manager in Columbus, Ohio. This person is responsible for assuring that the facility meets all standards while continually improving the quality of products and reducing manufacturing costs. The position requires interaction with customers, suppliers, purchasing, sales, manufacturing, and auditors in order to drive continual improvement throughout the operation while at the same time reducing PPM defects in the supply base, internally and at the customer base. Quality manager is a senior member of the facility staff that demonstrates leadership with regards to all quality and non-quality related tasks. Mentoring, coaching and driving the Worthington Philosophy throughout all levels of the facility is imperative.
- Ensure facility compliance to standards: Ensure compliance to all domestic and international codes, standards, regulations. Example of codes are : DOT, TC, ASME, EN and Brazil cylinder codes.
- Management and Leadership of Quality Group: Responsible for hiring, training, developing and supervising the quality department.
- Lead the facility in reducing total PPM (parts per million) defects: Responsible for leading the facility in reducing supplier, internal (scrap/rework) and customer PPM defects.
- Management of Quality System: Responsible for implementing, developing, auditing, maintaining and improving the facility quality system, Worthington quality systems and customer related quality systems.
- Cost Reduction: Involved with initiatives to reduce costs associated with materials, products , processes and any other related area of waste in the facility.
- Customer and supplier liaison: Interacts with customers and supplier in order to eliminate defects, improve products and reduce costs.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and guidance to facility management team in order to drive continual improvement in the facility
- Strong Communication (Verbal and written), organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong Problem solving Skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Quality system knowledge QS / ISO / TS 16949
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Methodology
- Strong Leadership and Management capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of Statistical Process Control method
- Bachelors degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing/quality experience preferred
- CQM (Certified Quality Manager) status through ASQ (American Society for Quality) desired
- CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) status through ASQ (American Society for Quality)desired