The primary role of the senior analyst is to assist in solving the strategic problems that our business unit leaders face. This role will allow you to apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills, combining analytical excellence with experience and learning to generate solutions, while also identifying even greater opportunities for transformative growth. This role is a high-visibility opportunity that will offer many opportunities to influence the strategic direction of a dynamic and growing company. The problems addressed by the team are varied, ranging from international strategy to profitability improvement to product/service innovation.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Establish deep relationships with fellow team members.
- Successfully integrate and drive value with business unit partners, including colleagues from production employees to executive leadership.
- Gain a deep understanding of Worthington's business portfolio, and identify sources of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Create a self-development and discovery program that will allow you to quickly add new capabilities
- Four-year degree or equivalent; MBA or similar education preferred
- Experience utilizing lean methodologies in a manufacturing environment
- At least five years of experience solving a variety of business problems specific to a manufacturing plant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel. Travel may be up to 60-70% at times
LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS :
**Ability to break down large problems into manageable pieces and produce actionable solutions
**Working with Ambiguity (ability to proceed without always being able to clearly see the next steps)
**Influencing without Authority (ability to synthesize, simplify and communicate pointedly)
**Prioritizing Value (effectively choosing where to spend time/efforts for largest impact/return)
**Working with Data Sets (ability to collect, group, and merge data to produce insights