WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES

WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES Employer Reviews

bad management
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chilton, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
bad management, machines always down, too much overtime, employees create conflict.

I over all didn't enjoy working there. the amount of hours is ridiculous.
many people in upper management that are mentors
Welder development and safety manager (Former Employee), Wooster ohioJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: many job titles
Great company to work for culture centered around the people who work for the company
Great Company to work for!
Paralegal and Stock Option Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2014
Cons: the corporate office is not located in nashville where my family is!
This Company is a wonderful company to work for because the people make the difference. We are such a great team working toward doing the one thing we all wat in life to success as an individual and to be part of a Company that is succeeding, making money for itself and it's shareholders!
Typical Day
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Chilton, WINovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed learning a new field of work, especially on products that are high demand and the factory runs 24/7. Supervisors, co-workers, were pleasant to work with. Hours (my shift) typically were 4:55am till 3:00pm and every other Saturday. Sunday work was available as well and voluntary.
The first day or two of course, were usually the more challenging ones, being new and trying to learn the job, but again, Worthington was a great company to work for.
Energetic atmosphere & fantastic co-workers!
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Chilton, WIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i get to meet new people every day and and the employees there are very positive.
Cons: the job i have is temporary.
A typical day at work for me at Worthington Industries being incharge of orientation for new employees. Before the new employees can go through orientation I enter their background check and make sure that i check new employee records. I make sure that two other test results come back before they can start at Worthington. I collect the new employee paper work and identifications for the I-9. I also set up interviews with the HR Respresentative at Worthington, I update all new employee information and all new applications.
I learned a lot of information that I could not be taught from school. I learned more about the different cultures that live around me, and how important it is to be very detailed orientated in this position. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting different kinds of people throughout the orientations and other employees.
Great company that really operates by the Golden Rule!
Operations (Current Employee), ColumbusAugust 12, 2014
I am truly blessed to be working for such a great organization.
Group Leader (Former Employee), Jefferson, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: advancement for your work ethics
Group lead 18 people daily. Did daily turn-ins for production
Had daily control of inventory
Worked the paint line for 15 years.
Made use of lean management and 6S.
Powder coat and pre treatment daily
Daily interaction with entire plant
Enforced safety at all times
Worked with upper management daily to get orders complete
Use of FIFO
Training through the company was great. Moved from floor employee to middle management and supervisor within 5 years.
I loved the job I did. I was able to interact with management. we brainstormed daily and they listened to my ideas.
I was involved in many cost savings projects. Thinking outside the box was used daily.
Human Resource Recruiter (Current Employee), WisconsinJuly 22, 2014
The Worthington Industries Philosophy is based on the Golden Rule -- we treat our employees, customers, suppliers and shareholders as we would like to be treated. At Worthington Industries, we encourage our employees to join in the Worthington Philosophy by helping out in the communities where they live and work
Not a bad place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 21, 2014
I didn't mind working here but the factory life just isn't for me
Good place to work, great comradery
General Manager (Former Employee), Salem, OhioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: being responsible for setting the management image at my location
Begin by reviewing the previous days metrics, walk the office and plant floor making contact with as many associates as possible. Use this time as quick update on issues and problems. Attend meetings as scheduled with staff, work groups and customers as scheduled. Take personal time as needed for individuals with responsibilities on project development.
Hardest part: Keeping up with all the activities of a plant this size can have going on in one day.
Most enjoyable: Watching the different disciplines working together on projects and problems.
Picnic
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: tanks were dangerous
Great place to work and it provided me a great opportunities to work.
Worst job I ever had
Maintenance (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJuly 3, 2014
Cons: swing shift, 2 weeks first, 2 weeks second, 2 weeks third. supervisors are lost, one operation to the next has no clue what is happening.
Out of touch management, rotating shifts, 2 weeks then go next shift 1,2,3. Low pay bad benefits.
Productive days with good people
Helper (Former Employee), Monroe, OHMay 23, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: bi-weekly paychecks
It's a Good place to work at any level.
You'll be learning about different types of Machinery
still waiting for raise that was promised.
Press Operator (Current Employee), Pomona, CAMay 14, 2014
The Company operates 7 days a week.
I work 10 hours a day.
Management is okay.
Great Company to work for!
Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 27, 2014
Worthington Steel (Worthington Industries) was a great company to work for. The employees were given a lot of autonomy and empowered to make good decisions. The benefits were great and the people are fun and hard working.
friendly atmosphere, helpful co-workers
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee), Chilton, WIApril 6, 2014
A very good place to learn about manufacturing industry. I learned a lot about safe work practices and efficiency when it comes to productivity.
Technical manufacturing environment focused on quality.
College Intern for the Quality Group (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2014
Quality group is focused on ensuring that manufacturing systems and measurements are in place to make a great product.
Great Job
Assembler Fabricator (Current Employee), Westerville, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: healthy workplace with follow-up to health concerns from mgmt
Cons: n/a
Great place to work. Great co-workers. Quality benefits and fantastic Management!
Great team environment and excellent corporate values
Retail Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Worthington, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: team work
Worthington Industries is built on exceptional values for their employees and customers. I retained a wide variety of experience over the many years I was at Worthington. There was always something new to learn and develop. As a rapidly growing company I was constantly faced with new tasks and opportunities. Due to the quick growth many of the answers were not always readily available, however this was the challenge that drove me to learn more each day.
Friendly environment
TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR II (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2013
Pros: profit sharing company. quarterly bonuses.
Cons: location is in ohio which doesn't appeal to me.
I love working here.. benefits are amazing as well as the quarterly profit sharing. Close family atmosphere among the employees. High level of stress and very fast paced. Must have dedication to work here.