Worthington Industries Employee Reviews

Worst place I ever worked at !!!!
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INOctober 16, 2017
Just a BIG sweat box. Monkeys can run this place better. Currently hold 3 welding certs and was told I'm unqualified to tack weld..."mind blown". My advice just stay away. All they care about is their numbers. No room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Machines are Garbage, and so is Management.
well paid but money only gets you so far, need my life back
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chilton, WIOctober 10, 2017
They are more than willing to train you if you need the training, and once you are trained they will pay you for it, downfall is you work alot in maintenance, 12days on 2 days off and i need more time with my family than that, it would be different if i were able to get on first shift rather soon but nobody is ever certain of when the next job posting will be up for a first shift position
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of time out side of work
Job security
Painter (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 8, 2017
Worthington is a good company to work for,plenty of work and decent pay. Friendly environment, and the upper management listen to the people who work on the floor. They have good incentives and the paid vacation is fair.
Pros
Work incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Decent place to work lacking work life balance
Production Supervisor - Packaging / Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Chilton, WISeptember 21, 2017
Good company. States they promote work life balance, but this isn't necessarily so. Long hours, and they are slow to fill open positions within the company. Often we lack the staffing necessary to complete day to day tasks.
Great job if you're one of the good ole boys.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bremen, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Management lies. No room for advancement. Real welders do not work here as it's all automated and a slow moving monkey could do the job. The layoff constantly also.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Layoffs. No advancement. Mindless work.
stressful
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2017
everyday was stressful and works on yours nerves and makes you hate working there some days and love it the next the co workers are the best part of the job .
Pros
help ful management
Cons
stressful
Worthington sweat factory
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WISeptember 11, 2017
Worked to the bone with a terrible attendance policy, I am not happy with the policies and guidelines of the company, and look forward to bringing my skills to a better environment
Laid back
Receiving Clerk/Assistant Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 9, 2017
Overall the jobs I did was not stressful and some of my co-workers was a joy to work with. I never went home tired, my jobs was very enjoyable and I learned a lot.
Crane Operator/Shipping Recieving
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INAugust 20, 2017
Load and unloaded Trucks and rail. Paper work, scanning equipment, doing preloads, unloading transfer car, and truining in orders at end of day,exc....
Good place
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2017
Good place to work but work/life balance is bad. You work a lot of mandatory overtime. Management is ok at times but you don't always have a say in your development
Good job for overtime if you like it thats it
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 8, 2017
This facility is horrible stay away, you have no life when you work here average work hours per week is around 60 to 70 hours per week. Management is incompetent leads dont even know their own areas that they are supposed to watch over, some leads harass you because you are a woman or talking to women. Injuries do not get reported to upper management they sometimes force people to have lunch at your 6th hour which is illegal!!! I've seen a lot of hard good working people leave because of management stay away.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Horrible work environment
Forget this place of business
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 7, 2017
Worthington,great company good morals,Wooster facility is not the place to be for a good future they play by there on rules though corporate isn't aware of it they tend to shield the truth very untrustworthy management at this facility if you want a good job go elsewhere not Wooster plant !!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours unappreciated
One of my favorite jobs to work where I learned most of my job skills.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INAugust 3, 2017
Worthington Industries is a fair place to work. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a good fair job with decent wages, and also anyone who doesn't have a problem with hard work.
very productive
Columbus, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJuly 27, 2017
In this company I have learned a lot of things like different types of jobs that they have you can advance and transfer to other parts of the company good hour good benefit good people
unfair work enviroment
Powder Painter (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 7, 2017
Unfair work enviroment leads play favoritism with the employees,they do not do enough drug texting when drug use has been reported i would not suggest working for this company a lot of the employees seem to use the company as a dating site to pick up dates
Summary
Hydro Test Assistant / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 29, 2017
Great place to work showed me the IP Levels and how to read the machinery getting familiar with equipment is something ive always seemed to enjoy . management was excellent .
Take the good with the bad
Maintenance Planner, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2017
Great company to work for. Lack of Work/life balance. Working at WS has showed me the way companies should be run. WS is very good at protecting their employee's with safety programs and PPE. Management seems to feel they are Elite/better than the people working under them.
Pros
Pay, bennies, safety
Cons
management, Work/life ballance
Not the best place to work, Barely listens to Employees
Brake Press Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 5, 2017
No way to move up unless you are a Corporate person. Also the we are told that we can only have 70% of the pay until we as Cabs become profitable. There are too many overhead people as well.
This was once a great company.
Senior Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Porter, INMay 29, 2017
This was once one of the best companies in the country to work for until the founder retired and handed the keys to his son. Everything went down hill from that point. People started leaving in massive amounts and the company thought this was a great thing because they could hire people for less money. They did not understand that the people leaving had the knowledge to keep them profitable. It quickly turned into a company that is looking for ways to save money instead of how to make it.. While there is nothing wrong with saving money the idea is to MAKE it.
Cons
Poor employee relations, low pay, reducing benifits, "don't care" attitude
Excellent benefits but the company does not want to empower remote locations with tools needed to succeed and thrive.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSApril 28, 2017
People with language barriers in remote locations have problems getting adequate training needed to be successful and be promoted. A bit embarrassing for a "promote from within" company.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support, some markets within worthington may not be stable...leads to plant reductions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.