Worthington Industries Employee Reviews

Great way to stay in shape
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 4, 2017
job sites are hot and humid. compensation is more than fair. coworkers are friendly and very helpful. i enjoyed the camaraderie
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
physical labor
Transformational Organization
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES & MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2016
Worthington"s culture follows the golden rule. It is never satisfied with the status quo. It does not fear change management. Every discipline is motivated to get better through profit sharing and bonus structure
Pros
Outperforming Organization
Worthington Industries
WELDER FITTER (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 21, 2016
Worthington was a great company to work for. I'm always interested in learning something. The people were great as well. And we also had great benefits.
Pros
It was a great company!
Cons
They closed our division.
Worthington Industries is a company that values their customers, and is dedicated to their employees.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 15, 2016
Worthington is a company that embraces the philosophy of the Golden Rule, provides competitive benefits, promotes work life balance, and recognizes the important contribution that is made by employee's.
Pros
flexible schedule, competitive benefits and wages
Cons
n\a
Very self-reliant work environment with people happy to help when needed.
Mechanical Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I successfully completed various projects including the classification of drawings and machine schematics. Daily activities were fairly consistent and involved a project where I was almost solely self-supervised. I was also around the general maintenance team very often learning and assisting wherever possible.
Great company, Good people, nothing to complain about here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2016
I worked here right after high school and three months in and they wanted to advance me, so they sent me to school and it was payed by them while they had already advanced my position to a Maintenance Technician to learn
Great people, great benefits
Pros
Flexible, leniant and understanding
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bremen, OHJuly 23, 2016
Good atmosphere with tight schedules.
Need to work on your own as the support in very limited as everyone has a deadline.
Management is young and still has learning ahead of them but getting the job done.
working while attending college
Electrical Maintenance Technician- Technician (Current Employee) –  technicianJune 23, 2016
this job was very fun for me due to my education background and military experience and my skill i found it i was not utilizing all skills to grow in my career field
Pros
great
Cons
great
Always stay focused on task at hand and clean up after yourself
Welder (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 14, 2016
Plant closed in September due to slow orders coming in from the customers. There or different assembly lines that operate because of the different customer businesses.
Close to home.
Forklift operator/laborer (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 2, 2016
Was a nice place to work. They are moving to Indiana. I did enjoy working with everyone. Forklift part of the job was my talent.

Want to know more about Worthington Industries?

Ask a question
Worthington Industries
Draftsman/Designer (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSFebruary 3, 2016
Worthington Industries has potential for a long term career. However with recent activities in the oil and gas industry there have been several broad terminations throughout this facility. Unfortunately there doesn't look to be improvement in the amount of sales that would be needed to keep the current staff. I believe in the near future more terminations will be handed out due to lack of work. The company is looking to upgrade this facility for when the industry picks back up. They have a decent engineering department that is capable of meeting a much higher demand that what is available at this time. The manufacturing side has 2 departments, steel and fiberglass. Currently Fiberglass is carrying the facility in sales and work flow. The steel side has been dramatically reduced, but the availability of work will undoubtedly create a need for a larger work force that can get the job done.
Pros
currently 40hrs week fridays off
Cons
lack of work, lack of communication, new ideas and constructive criticism is not well received
good enviroment
Paint Line (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, OHDecember 21, 2015
I loved working there, even though half the people on the paint line where actually rude and huge drama starters, I mainly kept to myself. The days went by pretty fast, there wasn't really much overtime when I was there. I would love to go back there if I had the chance!!! definitely a great place to work. Oh the main bad thing is you have to wear a jacket every day all day for the first 90 days even in the burning hot weather!!!
also the benefits are great the insurance for the health care is also good.
Pros
good people
Cons
only two breaks. and having to wear a jacket in the summer.
Great Company
Assistant Project Manager Internship (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNNovember 25, 2015
Great Company to work for, great culture, good benefits, great balance between personal time and work, good management, Had an awesome internship experience.
production above safety or happiness always
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 13, 2015
You got through a lot to get on there. And you stay broke for almost a month waiting on the first paycheck. Plus having to buy boots. Some people work very very hard. And others do not. Which is terrible and makes the hard workers burned out. Beware if you get hired for production they will throw you anywhere they want. And if you don't like it there's the door. Very unsafe.
Pros
Some very good people. Not all but some. Ok money
Cons
management don't want to know how things get done. Not really. Watch your back always.
Not a good place to work
Machine Operator/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WINovember 8, 2015
They just don't no how to treat people and don't care anything about the people working there just numbers. They would walk out hard working people that they hired becausethey were not able to keep up.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
mangement
Good People, Far From Home
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 20, 2015
I accepted a position with Worthington Industries directly out of college. They did a good job utilizing the knowledge that I gained at school while teaching me about their industry and products. The people were great and always quick to help and teach. My position was located in South West Kansas which was less than ideal as there is not much going on in the area. I have moved back home to Minnesota since leaving my position
Comfortable
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OhioOctober 5, 2015
Ordered the steel for special projects.
Set up meeting with local vendors.
Tracked product being shipped from over seas.
Pros
Own office
Cons
nonw
Productive Work Place
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHAugust 27, 2015
Worthington Industries is a great company to work for. Daily I handle quality issues with material for various lines and blanking presses. Also I enter quality results for testing and run a CMM machine to check dimensions on blanks and various tooling.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of opportunities to grow within company
Great benefits
trainer in advanced powder coat paint systems (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 26, 2015
Worthington Industries is a Fortune 500 company that is full of opportunities to advance and self improve with college reimbursement, onsite medical facility, and gym.
benefits
Cons
time at work up to 7 days a week
Productive and fun work place to weld..
Sales went down.. (Former Employee) –  Florence, South CarolinaAugust 18, 2015
For the time i worked at Worthington i have learn many diffenert ways of welding and i enjoy working there. Also the people dat were working with me was some workers to be working around...
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks, Health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Worthington Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Worthington Industries Reviews by Location