Wounded Warrior Project Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great mission, poor leadership
Soldier Ride Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
WWP provides good benefits and a modest pay range for their staff. Due to FLSA managers make less than the staff they supervise. All the staff working with the warriors are amazing. However, there is questionable middle and upper management. Since the fake news scary in 2016 by CBS leadership care more about outside perception and the image of the company over taking care of warriors. The organization has become highly bureaucratic and leadership doesn't share anything with their first level leaders. Opportunities for development for the manager and their teams are nonexistent. The staff that has been with WWP for years have been leaving in waves in the last 12 months due to the shift and lack of trust in upper leadership. There is very little growth available with the nonprofit.
Very great place to work..
Non-Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2017
This is a very great place to work. being able to help wounded soldiers and their families. This job makes you appreciate the life we live and provides you with free trips.
Challenging and competive enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Very interesting place to work. It kept you on your toes, throughout the day, as you encounter soldiers with different problems that had to be addressed. As the day continued you found yourself not only being a driver but sometime as a listening ear for someone who need somebody to talk with. Sometime you could give advice being a much older disabled veteran, then again you knew from experience
not to say anything just sit there and lend a ear.
Pros
Made you feel you made a difference in someone life.
Cons
Sometimes encounter veteran who were in very bad condition.
Lack of communication
N/A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2017
I have applied with company several times on different levels, I have never heard anything back. I know that I am qualifies experience and education I have heard negative things about this company and their hiring policies that does not match how they hire or consider people for employment
WWP great at reinventing people
Alumni Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Wounded WArrior Project helped me to adjust back to civilian life again after i was injured in the line of duty twice and forced to retire from the Navy. They helped me to adjust to struggles i was having and helped me connect to similar stories and amazing people.
Pros
free lunches and vending machines
Cons
no breaks, too many drug tests to count
So so
Track (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
It was an ok environment lacked good leadership and people of high moral character. Needs improvements in how they serve veterans. Currently not all about the veteran and more about their own brand
Pros
Free lunch and location
Cons
Negative and not all about the warrior
Fun and rewarding place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Wounded Warrior Project is a great place to work. Every day is a rewarding experience with great teammates. The finance department is a fast-paced environment.
I love my country
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2017
I served my country to give back to it. There is nothing more to say other than I loved it. Even the bad days were good. Now I'm just adding words because there is minimum of 20 words, but for some reason the counter is off or they just want more material. So I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I have a great day.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 22, 2016
One time event I participated in. I was the only one arriving early but once the others came it was a fun event with a good cause. Overall was happy to be able to help others.
Pros
Good cause
Get in to fit in
Lead 9 warriors participating in the TRACK program (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2016
in crowd culture with clicks. Everyone looks out for themselves and do not care about the clients. Money hungry and scum.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
exploitation
Wonderful and Fun place to work
Transitional Training Academy (TTA) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 28, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working for the warriors. True team environment. WWP operates by its core values everyday - Fun, Integrity, Loyalty, Innovation, and Service.
Enjoyed the experience of working with our military wounded warriors
Alumni Manager (Former Employee) –  Landstuhl, Germany and Colorado Springs, COOctober 17, 2016
The job was challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about being a manager of people and communicating with multiple personalities. A typical day included meetings with my staff, discussing warriors and how we could best serve them and their families. We worked closely with other veteran organizations to give the warriors the best care we could.
I had amazing , hard working staff that really cared for the warriors and families. Trying to maintain a work life balance not only for myself but to make sure staff did as well. We were responsible for warriors in a 4 state area so that meant traveling and time away from family.
I really enjoyed the success stories, the families ww could help. To see the families grow and cope with their new normal was rewarding.
The hardest part was letting the warriors stumble and fall occasionally so they could learn to be strong without us and to push them at times to do the right thing.
I enjoyed my time with WWP but knew it was time for me to go back to my first love, nursing, so that is why I made the decision to move on.
Pros
worked with a great group of people that really cared
Cons
short staffed, many warriors to care for with multiple issues
good work by good people
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2016
Working with this nations wounded is great way to start your day.

Typical day starts with engaging warriors and their family members.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Job security
Passionate environment
Combat Stress Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 1, 2016
WWP is a great organization who's mission is simple, "Honor and Empower Wounded Warriors".
The biggest strength of the organization is it's culture and burning desire to support Post 9/11 wounded warriors and their families. Depending on the program, there is no such thing as a 9-5, Mon-Fri week. The company does offer flex hours and staff is compensated in time for any weekend work. Management is very aware and does a good job to monitor for compassion fatigue. The hardest part of the job is having to work with a warrior in crisis mode. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is witnessing the positive transformation of a struggling warrior and knowing you did your job in empowering them.
Pros
Changing and saving lives
Cons
Not enough time in the day to accomplish everything
Great Place
Giving Outreach Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2016
This organization is great and has dedicated people working there everyday. Everyone works hard and puts in 110%. I loved working there and the people make everyday worth it.
Productive, energetic and fun environment.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day consist of troubleshooting and resolving IT issues, performing Active Directory maintenance and managing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The hardest part of my job was leaving on time. I also really enjoyed helping the Wounded Warriors when ever presented with an opportunity to help. When it came to helping wounded warriors me and my teammates always made sure that we went above and beyond what was expected. We were like a family and we treated the Warriors like family.
Pros
Helping wounded veterans returning from war.
It's not work, it's a calling to service.
Soldier RideĀ® coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2016
Wounded Warrior Project, Inc. has been a fantastic organization to be a part of in our service to post 9/11 veterans. Their focus on empowering and honoring those veterans goes beyond most that can imagine.
Pros
work/life balance, teamwork, coworkers that become family, fun work environment
They truly care about the Wounded Warrior
Information Technology Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2016
I love working at Wounded Warrior Project. It is a place where you feel truly appreciated for the work you do. The executive staff really works to give you support so that you can do your job effectively. I would recommend WWP to anyone interested in working there.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
None that I can think of
Work
Project Odyssey Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work at , the mission is great. Like any other jobs it has it's up and down. At the lower level amazing people and staff to work with..
Pros
Great pay, Great teammates and over all the mission is great.
Cons
Lots of travel
Productive and fun place to work. Honoring and Empowering veterans
SOLDIER RIDE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2016
The best place to work, the mission is great. The culture and work life balance is perfect. The hardest part of my job is the decision to leave because I am fulfilled and passionate in what I do, serving veterans, honoring and empowering those who need it. I enjoy every second.