Wounded Warrior Project Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the experience of working with our military wounded warriors
Alumni Manager (Former Employee) –  Landstuhl, Germany and Colorado Springs, COOctober 17, 2016
The job was challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about being a manager of people and communicating with multiple personalities. A typical day included meetings with my staff, discussing warriors and how we could best serve them and their families. We worked closely with other veteran organizations to give the warriors the best care we could.
I had amazing , hard working staff that really cared for the warriors and families. Trying to maintain a work life balance not only for myself but to make sure staff did as well. We were responsible for warriors in a 4 state area so that meant traveling and time away from family.
I really enjoyed the success stories, the families ww could help. To see the families grow and cope with their new normal was rewarding.
The hardest part was letting the warriors stumble and fall occasionally so they could learn to be strong without us and to push them at times to do the right thing.
I enjoyed my time with WWP but knew it was time for me to go back to my first love, nursing, so that is why I made the decision to move on.
Pros
worked with a great group of people that really cared
Cons
short staffed, many warriors to care for with multiple issues
good work by good people
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2016
Working with this nations wounded is great way to start your day.

Typical day starts with engaging warriors and their family members.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Job security
Passionate environment
Combat Stress Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 1, 2016
WWP is a great organization who's mission is simple, "Honor and Empower Wounded Warriors".
The biggest strength of the organization is it's culture and burning desire to support Post 9/11 wounded warriors and their families. Depending on the program, there is no such thing as a 9-5, Mon-Fri week. The company does offer flex hours and staff is compensated in time for any weekend work. Management is very aware and does a good job to monitor for compassion fatigue. The hardest part of the job is having to work with a warrior in crisis mode. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is witnessing the positive transformation of a struggling warrior and knowing you did your job in empowering them.
Pros
Changing and saving lives
Cons
Not enough time in the day to accomplish everything
Great Place
Giving Outreach Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2016
This organization is great and has dedicated people working there everyday. Everyone works hard and puts in 110%. I loved working there and the people make everyday worth it.
Productive, energetic and fun environment.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day consist of troubleshooting and resolving IT issues, performing Active Directory maintenance and managing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The hardest part of my job was leaving on time. I also really enjoyed helping the Wounded Warriors when ever presented with an opportunity to help. When it came to helping wounded warriors me and my teammates always made sure that we went above and beyond what was expected. We were like a family and we treated the Warriors like family.
Pros
Helping wounded veterans returning from war.
It's not work, it's a calling to service.
Soldier RideĀ® coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2016
Wounded Warrior Project, Inc. has been a fantastic organization to be a part of in our service to post 9/11 veterans. Their focus on empowering and honoring those veterans goes beyond most that can imagine.
Pros
work/life balance, teamwork, coworkers that become family, fun work environment
They truly care about the Wounded Warrior
Information Technology Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2016
I love working at Wounded Warrior Project. It is a place where you feel truly appreciated for the work you do. The executive staff really works to give you support so that you can do your job effectively. I would recommend WWP to anyone interested in working there.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
None that I can think of
Work
Project Odyssey Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work at , the mission is great. Like any other jobs it has it's up and down. At the lower level amazing people and staff to work with..
Pros
Great pay, Great teammates and over all the mission is great.
Cons
Lots of travel
Productive and fun place to work. Honoring and Empowering veterans
SOLDIER RIDE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2016
The best place to work, the mission is great. The culture and work life balance is perfect. The hardest part of my job is the decision to leave because I am fulfilled and passionate in what I do, serving veterans, honoring and empowering those who need it. I enjoy every second.
CSRP Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2016
Great Job, Great People, bad leadership./ This is an organization in crisis. Miss management has led to the firing or quitting of very qualified teammates.
Exciting and face-pace place to work and develop
Resource Development (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2016
Thoroughly enjoy my time at Wounded Warrior Project. Service and integrity mindset with a chance to give back.
Work more than 40 hours typically.
Benefits are outstanding
Pros
great benefis
Student Intern
Internship at Mayport station education center (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
This was a program to help Veterans get back into school and the work force by helping us for one year during school. We also had an internship with a company to learn some skills. My Intern was with Florida State college at Jacksonville at the Mayport Education Center. I was the front person in the office. Taking phone calls doing paperwork and helping soldiers start their paperwork in order to enter into school.
Great organization
Resource Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Amazing Organization, they do so much for our heroes.
Learned that there are people that will never forget about all of our service members and care takers.
The greatest organization I've ever worked for
Physical Health & Wellness (Current Employee) –  Multiple locationsJanuary 25, 2016
Nothing compares to working for Wounded Warrior Project. Every morning I wake up feeling incredibly grateful and blessed to work for such an extraordinary organization. Wounded Warrior Project is extremely mission driven, focusing all efforts on honoring and empowering wounded warriors. You truly see the difference you're making in the lives of veterans and their families. The leadership genuinely cares about each and every employee, and they make a conscious effort to ensure staff has a great work/life balance. I love my job at WWP more than anything in the world!
Pros
Team oriented, mission driven, positive work environment
Poor Management/Poor Worklife Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 24, 2015
I truly thought this was what I wanted in life, back to helping veterans, their spouses and caregivers. When I first started working their, it was all about the warrior, how, what we could do for the warrior. As time progressed, it turned into, what was best for the company and the chiefs in the organization. How could we make more money for the company.

It turned into a good old boy system, who was in the click and how is not. the warriors, took a backseat to the money.

No advancement for good people unless you are in the click, no promotions from within, unless you were among the chosen few. EVP's who ware yes men/women, information gatherers, not decision makers.

People afraid to rock the boat for fear of losing their jobs. Truly a hostile work environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Horrible management at the cheif, EVP levels. No adavancment opportunities
Lousy for contractors
Marketing Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2015
This was a lousy company to work for if you were a contractor. You were excluded from anything staff-related and were made to feel like you were not welcome
Wounded Warrior Family
MailRoom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2015
Wounded Warrior Project is amazing their co-workers are lovable people. They are a fast pace work environment and there's never a dull moment.
WWP is the best company to work for in Jacksonville
Online Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Laid-back culture
Innovative and communicative management
working on computers all day can be a bummer, but you know you are a part of an organization that changed lives, helps people, and serves a community of people who laid down their lives in service for our freedom.
Can be high stress some days, but low stress most of the time.
Always free food so beware of the freshman 15
Pros
Free lunches and breakfasts every week, thrilling work
Cons
High-stress
The organization's mission statement is commendable.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2015
The review quoted below was a previous post but it mirrored the same experiences i had when i worked there, so i thought it was worth posting again.

"After an exhaustive hiring process of almost 6 months I was so proud when I finally got the call to say I had the job. Multiple conversations leading up to joining the team had to do with employee empowerment, core values, and culture. In the begin I felt all these things but much like any relationship as time goes on you begin to see what is behind the curtain. If you are not in the select group you are often discounted and dismissed. If you ask to many questions or attempt to assert your feelings you will be corrected and basically side lined until ultimately they remove you. The mission of the organization is amazing and the majority of the staff is awesome. But again, if you ask to many questions or are a bit left of the select super stars in your approach you are deemed to no longer be a culture fit and removed. They have dropped from the number 1 non profit to work for based on employee reviews to 21 according to Non Profit Times. They have also seen a massive turn over in their executive level management coupled with major board departures, likely a glimpse at top lined issues. I truly wish what I thought was the environment at WWP had been tru because I would strive to make this my last job ever, but since it isn't I am looking to leave. I hope things improve."
Pros
It's a great place to work for a temporary assignment.
Cons
The politics can really wear on your morale.
Fun work place. Especially rewarding to see veterans get the help they need by a hard working team of professionals.
Receptionist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2015
As a temporary employee, I was accepted into their "family" immediately. Very caring individuals who have the veteran's concerns and needs as their number 1 priority. It was gratifying to be able to work with the Alumni Manager and as a result, I was able to register over 100 veterans in the Wounded Warrior Project.
Pros
All the snacks you can eat! Beautiful office on Pier 66 with a fantastic view of Elliot Bay.
Cons
Communication within the group could be a problem at times.

4.2