WOW!

WOW! Employer Reviews

Great company moral is awesome and laid back
Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: not enough pay and opportunities to move up
Everyone is so nice they treat employees with respect and show that they care fair amount of calls and many ways to get help
Core Values
Sr Broadband Manger (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, flexible schedule when needed, benefits
Cons: it appears that the company grew too fast which caused budget/financial shortfalls
WOW was a great company to work for. There was always an open door policy at all levels of the organization and I always felt as if they really cared about their employees.
bait and switch...dont apply
broad band tech (Former Employee), n Charleston scAugust 31, 2014
Pros: nice guys
Cons: everything else
I applied for Charleston ... I am a fiber tech...the job description sounded good, then I was training for cable installs..a step backwards. No organization and no direction. HR is horrible. Low pay. I stepped away after two days.
Stay away!
Tech (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJune 19, 2014
Cons: everything
I can only speak for Auburn, AL but I can tell you it's a complete joke. Local "management" is horrible. Cheap equipment. Head end techs are lazy and don't care about anything except nap time. Direct supervisors are too caught up in riding an office chair and pretending to know "what it's like". You will not receive support. You will be harassed constantly about every little detail and they expect you to snap to it. However when you need help, calls will go to voicemail. You will sit possibly for hours with zero support when it is needed. The "WOW" way is horrible and it won't be long until they are non existent here.
ugly place to work.
Customer (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 13, 2014
Pros: company truck, phone
Cons: too busy to find another job. company truck does not go home with you and the phone is a flip phone.
I have worked closely with many of their OSP techs in my industry and see and hear horrible things. They are required to clock in and out for lunch via their phone and are constantly being micromanaged. The pay scale seems extremely low for the work they try to accomplish. I would not apply in fear of getting hired.
Lost Vision, No Longer A Joy to Work For
Sales (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: nice breakroom, nice free coffee pods, frequent free food
Cons: out of touch management, no bonus in past 2 years, small raises
Opportunities for advancement used to by abysmal and no they are nearly non existent. The company used to promote from within, but ever since a certain person was hired on as VP, many people are being hired to feel spots that should have been given to existing employees, but are instead handed to people who are friends with this new VP. You spend a lot of your time getting yelled at by customers due to outages and other issues. The company prided itself in being nothing like Comcast, but is slowly migrating to Comcast behavior such as raising fees for customers that are in rate guarantees. Many of my coworkers are looking for employment elsewhere. Things have gotten so bad that our CEO is taking a voluntary step down so that she was CEO while "the grass was green" and they are also now hiring a recruiter. Many of the "vets" have recently left due to the stress. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day goes by quickly. If you want a career where your hard work is rewarded with pay raises and promotions-stay away. If you want a career where your raises get screwed because of bad acquistions and you don't mind management that is blind to bad morale-apply right away!
Poor overall network to sell
Sales (Former Employee), OhioFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: poor network
Don't let their promise of a different " culture " fool you! No different than anywhere else. Very little management support.
I have never seen a company work so hard to put a facade to give a grand, wonderful, happy appearance that does not exist.
1yr Beach Cable/11yrs Knology/3yrs WOW Fired (Former Employee), Panma City, FlFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: the benefits are average to better than average. good for short term employment.
Cons: no loyalty to the employee or the customer. hard to make a career at this company.
The time given for completion forces employees to violate the company and osha policies for safety. Once all requirements to complete ant task are itemized the time required is all ways twice what is allowed. If each managers requirement is not met you will be terminated even if you are performing the job hired for above and beyond the requirements. In all instances if a violation benefited the manager it was overlooked. If a complaint is made officially they will deny requiring the job to be performed in that manor. This company will hire you to fill a position, but then require you to absorb other positions to keep your job. Over 50% of my prior co-workers are no longer with this company. It took less than three years for this company to develop a bad name in this community. Do not trust the JD Edwards report of this company. It was doctored by deleting poor reviews such as this one. All of my friends still there are searching for new employment.
Overall not bad but you daily have a fear of being fired.
Sales/ Retention (Current Employee), ColoradoOctober 4, 2013
Pros: lots
Cons: even more
Log into system, take inbound calls and go to break. they have 2 ping pong tables, pool table, a nap room, frequent catering and company events.

The downside is the managers. You have a fear of getting fired because if you are not in the top 35 consecutively you will be fired. One of the supervisors makes women cry, but other than that, it's not bad.
Productive and fun workplace that made sure to make employees and customers feel at home
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: available televisions, and computers with occasional catering and chances to reward employees with various prizes.
Cons: slow advancement opportunities
A typical day at work involved solving a variety of customer issues from problems with the cable box to issues with email involving multiple devices(computers, smart phones, tablets, etc.). I have learned to patiently deal with customers and to effectively address each individual customer's needs and dealing with a variety of different systems from Microsoft based systems to MAC OS. My co-workers are nice and extremely knowledgeable. I never noticed an issue if me or anyone had a question or problem; it was a completely team oriented environment. The hardest part of the job although was some of the script that needed to be adhered for the starting of addressing customers and the time stamp to complete customer issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and having the opportunity to always learn new things technology wise.
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 17, 2012
Pros: emphasize on employee well being
Cons: downsizing
I love my job and the company! It's very relaxed and pro-employee. There are great benefits to the job as well.
Great benefits, but a lot of issues amongst managers and procedures
Routing/Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 5, 2012
Pros: work hours of 3am to 12 noon
Cons: culture
I would arrive at 3:30am and begin putting the routes together for the technicians in a designated management area until 7 am. Afterwards, I would have dispatch for technicians in all areas making sure that all of the jobs for the done are done and that the day runs smoothly. I gained a vast amount dispatching knowledge and routing and dealing directly via phone, internet and SMS messaging with technicians, so I basically was running my own crew which I believe has improved my management skills. There was not alot of attention nor coaching from the management team and there was a lot of unnecessary changes which sometimes made our jobs harder.
Excellent learning experience.
Dispatch/Telephony Operations Specialist (Former Employee), NapervilleApril 25, 2012
Pros: excellent team of technicians.
Cons: no opportunity to advance.
Most/all training on job training. Dispatch 100+ technicians in other states for cable, telephone and internet industry. Work with a team of 8-10 members to dispatch all areas. Answer incoming calls from technicians, respond to incoming text messages via pda and outlook emails, and answer incoming phone calls from other departments. Monitor for outages and area issues. Relay information directly impacting the routes and work day of technicians to supervisors. Route jobs, assign equipment as necessary.

About WOW!

WOW! is proud to serve a number of communities in the Midwest and Southeast. We started out in 1996 delivering cable TV service – Read more