WOW! Employee Reviews in United States

The project I worked on was awesome.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 15, 2016
A wonderful work environment. The office team and management team were so helpful and encouraging. They want me to apply after 6 months when my contract with the Temporary Agency I was hired for to do the project at hand.
Loyalty, management and pay is all a joke
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  GAJune 14, 2016
I was part of the original former company group when the company was purchased by WOW. We were led to believe that there would be a review of compensation and better opportunity. What really happen is that WOW implemented the 5 year "get rid of all former group employees" plan and set about firing people. If they didn't get you in the first few rounds of "layoffs" then they fabricated a reason to get rid of you based on their laughable "core values". Promotions are based on who you know, not ability or experience. Women are especially targeted as they fabricated a reason to get rid of me when I complained about a pay gap between men and women in the same position. In addition to getting rid of people, they fight any attempt to get unemployment or even find a new job. I've kept in touch with many ex-company people and the story is all the same. You have to move into a different field or accept a position far below your experience level just to get back into the job market. There is a concerted effort to hold back current and former employees from being able to simply live life. The level of pettiness and juvenile behavior is astounding. I've never had a problem finding a job, and after working for this lot, I fear that I won't be able to find anything in my field and I'll be forced to work way below my current need. Do yourself a favor, read the reviews, and take a hard look at the locations. You'll see any good review is from a WOW market, not a former Knology location. If you apply in the Southeast, you can assume they will make your life incredibly difficult and you'll end  more... up fired for no apparent reason. Worse than that, you won't be able to find a job because they will block you at every turn.  less
Pros
The local people I worked with were amazing.
Cons
No loyalty, laughable wages, no advancement possibilities
I Love Wow. The cowrkers is what made it worth the effort
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 7, 2016
I Love Wow. The cowrkers is what made it worth the effort.
Clearing the call que, andswering external calls, assisting internal
employees with equipment issues.
Don't depend on this company to keep you if you become a liability to them ; will fabricate any reason they need to fire you.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDMay 21, 2016
This company (formally Broadstripe) was repackaged under the WOW culture a little over a year ago. They were so concerned with creating a cookie cutter company like WOW, that through extremely poor decisions regarding equipment migration they managed to drive the customer base into the ground. The cable plant is so antiquated that it barely handles the minimal services they currently provide, with no plans for upgrades or plant build outs scheduled for this year. Verizon, with their new service offerings and price point, will be the final nail in their coffin this year. All their pipe dream's about capturing the business internet sector will not come to reality soon enough to keep their customer base from bottoming out this year. You will enjoy your co-workers as they are a phenomenal group of people to work with; management, or what passes for management, not so much.
Pros
Co-workers, NCTI training, company functions
Cons
They love numbers and documentation, but they left out the human factor. Did I mention management?
Better than its predecessor.
Sales Admininstrator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 27, 2016
My time at WOW! came during and after its merger with Knology. It was exciting news, as WOW! won many awards for its service to customers and employees alike. Unfortunately the other side of the merger was lacking and dragged WOW! down. The result was a disappointing mix of WOW! forced optimism and Knology bureaucracy with very little down-to-earth functionality. The much-touted culture washed out to a forced rictus grin; it became very difficult to accomplish anything requiring input from personnel outside one's own local division; and a snowball effect of everyone's building stress lead to departures lead to more duties divided among fewer people lead to more stress for everyone.

It was another Office Space, and they took my stapler.
Pros
Local division, local customers
Cons
Corporate.
The bad reviews are a lie.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 21, 2016
Yes there are problems with routing as a field tech however let me correct a few misconceptions. The compny pays for gas when driving compny vehicles. So far I havent had any issues from management. The only problem I have and the same exhist in other companies is dispatch. Never have I felt rushed to the point of being unsafe.
Pros
Do not have to buy any tools or gas
Cons
Boots not provided
Biggest mistake you'll make!
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 3, 2016
I got put in a room like cattle For an 8 hour meeting while they cleared out all 35 of our desks. Poor management, they could care less about you or your family you have to provide for. ZERO JOB SECURITY they just drop you if you make too much money and keep the people who fall asleep at their desks!
Pros
Good money if you work hard
Cons
You get dropped if you are a good employee, you weigh the two!
Worst company possible
customer service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 9, 2016
There is no HR on site so from day one there is no formal training, real management, and no real understanding of roles. Workers and customers can't even understand billing because this is a "learn as you go" environment. Customers constant have outages and are upset with the REFURBISHED equipment. Management does as little as possible and are more worried about cookouts that company has while working is passed on to others. No help with customer situations. The turn over rate is sky high for a reason. The company in it self is sloppy with no urge to change. Most unprofessional and lazy people I have ever witnessed in one building. I would give no stars if it were possible. Avoid if you know what is good for you.
Pros
Available commission
Cons
Poor mangment, unfair treatment, no training
Bad Decision
maint tech (Former Employee) –  charlestonAugust 25, 2015
No employee loyalty what so ever. They do not live up to their core values. They do everything in their power to make it difficult to get pay raises and when you manage to push forward then you have a target on your back.
Pros
Cons
many
Don't do it!
manager (Former Employee) –  Denver coAugust 19, 2015
don't apply for a position at wow! Even if you are desperate. The particular posting they have up now is for a project manager in the Denver office. you will be reporting to a senior vice President that is basically a bully. He has no capability to give direction, or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Only negative feedback. One of his female employees is scared to talk with him. while I was there, about 5 people left the company every week. They had a layoff about 8 months ago, all the good people are gone. If this position reports to Scott C., don't take the job!!
Excellent Company.
Front Counter Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2015
The employees really seemed to take pride in their roll at WOW! Communication between employees to resolve customer issues was great. Much better work environment than other cable providers I have worked for.
Pros
great work atmosphere.
Cons
no cons
Good Company values
Business Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work with good company values. Very flexible and supportive when family events occurred. Good benefits and prior to a few years ago bonuses were given each year to all employees. Great company offering training and college tuition reimbursement. I learned a lot from my co-workers especially my direct supervisors. I enjoyed working on the projects, migrations and traveling during customer migration projects.
Pros
Company events, values, support and flexibility
waste of time
service tech/sales/dispatch/everything (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohJuly 29, 2015
Management crying all the time work for 7 years got no where in less you play with there balls. All in all there core values mean nothing a joke if you ask me
Pros
none what so ever
Cons
everything
Training & QA Developer
Training and QA Developer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 1, 2015
• Developed material for new-hire classes and to keep current employees up to date on new information
• Created and maintained articles on the company intranet for new and existing documentation
• Communicated information in a proactive and consistent format with the least amount of impact whenever possible to all Customer Care representatives
Fun challenging work
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 8, 2015
Fun enjoyable job. Learning to troubleshoot and fix only what is broken is nice and fun to do. I love the work and industry in general. Unfortunately the company has changed into something they didn't used to be. Micro managing, and miscommunication seems to be a norm here. Worst of all is them changing rules, policies and guidelines on a weekly basis and if you are not informed about the changes you are disciplined if you break them. I love what I do here and never disliked the line of work, I became very good at it. There is just no structure here anymore and seems stability is badly lacking.
Pros
Treated well here, boss never breathes down your neck.
Cons
Overwhelming amount of metrics and policies to keep up with, huge amount of micro managing, policies and company guidelines change weekly.
I wish I had reviewed this company before working here
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  naperville ilMarch 7, 2015
Beware . Read the reviews and please research company before applying. The hardest part of the company is accepting the good with bad . The co workers are awesome . But it is hard to move in the company
Pros
Great employees
Cons
high insurance rates, low pay, horrible management
Great company moral is awesome and laid back
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 2, 2015
Everyone is so nice they treat employees with respect and show that they care fair amount of calls and many ways to get help
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough pay and opportunities to move up
Core Values
Sr Broadband Manger (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 23, 2014
WOW was a great company to work for. There was always an open door policy at all levels of the organization and I always felt as if they really cared about their employees.
Pros
company vehicle, flexible schedule when needed, benefits
Cons
it appears that the company grew too fast which caused budget/financial shortfalls
bait and switch...dont apply
broad band tech (Former Employee) –  n Charleston scAugust 31, 2014
I applied for Charleston ... I am a fiber tech...the job description sounded good, then I was training for cable installs..a step backwards. No organization and no direction. HR is horrible. Low pay. I stepped away after two days.
Pros
nice guys
Cons
everything else
Stay away!
Tech (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 19, 2014
I can only speak for Auburn, AL but I can tell you it's a complete joke. Local "management" is horrible. Cheap equipment. Head end techs are lazy and don't care about anything except nap time. Direct supervisors are too caught up in riding an office chair and pretending to know "what it's like". You will not receive support. You will be harassed constantly about every little detail and they expect you to snap to it. However when you need help, calls will go to voicemail. You will sit possibly for hours with zero support when it is needed. The "WOW" way is horrible and it won't be long until they are non existent here.
Cons
everything

2.5