WOW! Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AugustaJune 20, 2017
Wow cares about stats. Not the customers and not their employees. You are a number and if your number doesn't meet their standards you are expendable. 10 years with the company and my loyalty means nothing to them. Management is horrible!
Great Atmosphere
Advanced Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2017
One of the few companies that actually cares and follows their core values. They have fun competitions and events they hold for their employees. It is a great place.
WOW was a fun place to work given the area worked was small.
Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 19, 2017
WOW was a fun place to work given the area worked was small. The area was small but we supported many customers in different regions in the Midwest as well as other areas.
One of the best company to work for.
Field Service/Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2017
Daily work schedules is assign
listening to customers issues
Daily Team Focus and company cord value
Keeping up with Tight scheduling and job add on.
Customers satisfaction
Pros
Company Gathering
Cons
Short lunches
If you want to work in the worst company ever work for wow dispatch
CSO Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 14, 2017
Let me tell you about the dispatch department if your hispanic and not of color you will be highly discriminated on. Theres always favoritism even with people who do the bare minimum. The health insurance sucks, management specially upper management dont have a clue of what they are doing. would love to see them on a call and they would be clueless. The manager of the dispatch department is someone that you cant trust if you have a personal issue. attendance policy is very unfair and like i said HR is very rude and they lie so they wont let you get unemployment if they fire you for no reason that aint your fault.
Pros
Cons
everything
Growing Company
System Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 28, 2017
On the macro view of the company, WOW is continually growing and adding product to compete with the large cable operators in the US. There is a strong focus on customer satisfaction and uptime statitistics with a quick 2 hour or less response time to outages. I enjoy the fact that the company puts this emphais on the customer versus just assigining a number and getting to it when it can.
Pros
Work Atmoshere
Cons
System Growth Opportunities
Great place to work and love the team moral
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 27, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Great benefits, co-workers are caring individuals. Management is spot on if you need help or have questions. Family like atmosphere.
Pros
Flexibility
Productive and fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 4, 2017
I've been there almost 3 years and I really do enjoy going to work. The people are friendly. Management works with you if you have problems. I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.
Pros
Fun environment, great coworkers, awesome atmosphere
Cons
30 minute lunches
Wide Open West
Business Sales Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 22, 2017
Working for WOW! is a fun and has a great culture of service to its people. I enjoy working for this company and all of the people that I work with are great people.
productive workforce
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2017
good staff friendly staff most other techs are willing to help out the corporate office communicates pretty well to the different branches in the company
Great team to work with
BBNT (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 21, 2017
Love my job. Love the group of guys on the BBNT team. We are a family. There is not one person on our team that would not back you at the drop of a hat in the field. The supervisor for out team is awesome. he trusts us to go out and do our job and would not ask you to do anything that he wouldn't or has not done. He leave you to it but will not leave you hanging by yourself on a problem. The rest of the teams are not as lucky as ours.
Pros
Freedom, pay, benifits
Cons
Some management tries to lead through fear instead of motivation
good
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 15, 2017
fun place good place enjoyable place what else
lovely place interesting place awesome place place weird place free lunch easy coworkers
Wonderful place to work.
Accounts payable and technical support (Former Employee) –  the computer system wasnt the bestFebruary 12, 2017
WoW was a great Place to work the only issue was the turn over rate was due to high call volume and a not so good computer system I learned a great deal of thing about trouble shooting and customer service.
Pros
great people
Gain skills
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Good environment to keep improving yourself. Helps you with communication skills and networking with different parts of the company. There is always room for growth.
Great Job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 18, 2017
I loved all the people I worked with in the Dothan, AL office. The company was very family oriented and very much believed in taking care of it's employees.
Excellent work group
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked in an excellent team. We covered and helped each other and always got task completed in a timely manner. Good manager.I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Relaxed management style
Cons
regionlization
Awful
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 28, 2016
This company states they are a great place to work. They only have 2 available shifts. You sit though 5 weeks of training where they literally teach you nothing to do you job. They only give tech support one week to figure out there awful and cluttered knowledge base. When you need support they do not offer anything. As a tier you do everything and very paid very little for the amount of work you do. This place is awful.
Pros
Coffee machine. Benefits at 30 days
Great company
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 15, 2016
Love it here. The people are great, the company is loyal. You are rewarded often for great performance. One of the best employers in Illinois.
a good place to work
sales and retention (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2016
hardest part of job was people wanting service and couldn't set them up because we didn't cover the area
took calls to set up service
learned good ways to do sales
what i liked best about the job was helping the new people
Pros
pretty easy going
Cons
layed off some of the best management
Worst cable company to work for
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHNovember 16, 2016
Supervisors treat you terrible. I had a supervisor come pick me up in company vehicle while intoxicated. No room for growth. Everything is lateral movements. Supervisors don't care bout you. They just want their bonuses. And almost every call is because of outages in the system so customers aren't happy when you go there
Pros
Don't pay for gas
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOW!. Our community is ready to answer.