Wowza Media Systems creates disruptive technologies for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from computers to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and are deployed in more than 150 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
Our Business Technology department is seeking an individual with strong MySQL administration and database architecture skills to help support Wowza’s business analytics needs. The primary business database is currently stored in Microsoft SQL Server and the first task will be to migrate the data, structure, and stored procedures over to a new MySQL environment. After that the candidate will work closely with business analysts in making the data accessible for company reporting. We would also like the candidate to be responsible for our existing MySQL structure supporting our marketing website including migrating it to a high-available environment.
The successful candidate should be:
- Able to demonstrate they can work independently as a part of a geographically distributed team.
- A self-starter who can work in a pro-active manner.
- Able to demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills and be a team player with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Five years of MySQL administration in various UNIX environments
- Working knowledge of database best practices including schema design, normalization, SQL tuning, etc.
- Strong shell scripting knowledge
- Experience in implementing high-availability environments using MySQL topologies (master-master, master-slave, etc.)
- Experience in implementing standard backup and recovery processes
- Expertise in writing and debugging SQL queries and performance optimization
- Enough experience with Microsoft SQL Server to be able to migrate a SQL database to MySQL
This is an Evergreen, CO-based position, however the majority of the team, as well as the direct supervisor for this position are in the Pacific Time Zone.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers, and has a track record of delivering results.