WPS Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Training does not prepare you for what you will do on the floor!!! Management wasn’t trained properly either so they are no help. Even though the pay is better than my last job, I would go back to my last job because I knew what to do on a call and I HATED that place. You spend 4 weeks in training and when you get out they say forget everything you learned smh. Do not waste your time
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Inconsistency, Poor training
Lies
Claims Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 8, 2018
the recruiters lied to filled the building. lied about the shift difference and benefits. You are not getting paid your worth. Supervisor get paid for 3 contracts and reps get paid for 1. They tell you, you supposed to work with 1 contract but they have you working 3 and only pay you for 1. The supervisors they hire only are there to supervise and asking them a question on anything is pretty useless. They employees know more than they do. They only got the position because they had supervisor experience(kind of understand). But to pay them more, and expect the reps to know more than they do. It possibly could be a great company once they get the recruiters the correct information.
Pros
set schedules, Pto, PTO on Demand
Cons
HR takes for ever to contact you back. Things are unorganized.
Looking forward to see what happens
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 17, 2017
I’ve been here for two months. At the moment, it’s a pretty relaxed environment. In the next month or so work will be picking up. Training doesn’t prepare you for the real work. Some managers aren’t trained on the system so they aren’t much help at times. Coworkers are pretty cool. Parking is horrible. Overall a decent place to be. Come to work and remain professional, some people cannot distinguish personal vs business
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Expensive healthcare, poor management
Good Company
Provider Certification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 12, 2017
New Growing company. for people just starting out this company would be perfect for you. the insurance is expensive but if your married and your spouse has insurance then it works
Uneducated caretakers
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 7, 2017
Very cut throat and power hungry management team. Uneducated and a lack of concern for developing employees. The management team is divided on priorities and there is a total disconnect when it comes to communication.
Pros
Flex schedule
Great Group Of People.
Quality Assurance Claims Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23666November 9, 2017
Overall the company in its self is a great company to work for. The group of people I work with one of the best. Pay and management are lacking and need some more incite. Parking is a little lack but this is a new site for this company, their home base is in Madison WI. Since this is a new site the communication between the home site and here is lacking but that is to be excepted.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Lack of Communication
Wps
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 3, 2017
Environment could be better, benefits are expensive and do not cover much. 40 hours a week. Security clearance required. No drug test. Call center. Customer service does a lot of work. Lots of rules but they are not consistently enforced.
It Was Okay
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monona, WI 53713September 25, 2017
I didn't mind the job itself, but morale was pretty low.

There seems to be a problem with the union contract (it expired October 2016 and as far as I know, has still not been renewed.). I think that my be part of the morale problem. Also, there was a lot of mandatory overtime.
Pros
Very nice people work there
Cons
Mandatory OT
No consistency !!!!! The pay doesn't match the responsibilities that is required for each job title.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 6, 2017
Stay way!!!!! Poor salary unless you work in a leadership position. Focus more on getting you in and out on the phones after being overloaded with information that is beyond your title.
Pros
Paid holidays and weekends off
Cons
Benefits are expensive and small amount of PTO
Very inconsistent work practices
Medicare B CSR (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2017
Work practices are very inconsistent which make the job stressful. The computer system used is not very good, screen crashing constantly which makes the job hard to do.
Not an enjoyable company to worj for anymore
Provider analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2017
Wps had been a fair work place but since the new CEO took over the environment has taken a drastic change. We have currently been working the past year with no union contract. Wps is trying to take away many benefits including our annual raises and for those of us that have been there over 10 years, our earned vacation days.
Cons
No raises, the increased cost of our benefits
growing company, evolving change
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2017
there is lots of room for growth in practices and methodologies here. good work/life balance. management engaged with staff. team environment is department dependent.
LOVED this place
Small Group Processor (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 4, 2017
My typical day consisted of all coworkers saying "Good morning", getting your first cup of coffee, settling in at your desk and starting your day off right. I loved everyone I worked with here. I would've been a lifer had I not been a temporary employee through an agency. This is by far, the best place I have ever worked!! I have been working for 25 years and this place rocks!! If I ever move back to Wisconsin....I will definitely try getting a job here!
Constant Hiring
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 1, 2017
Revolving door recruiting, Constant flow of people. No value of front line employees.

Work 45-50 hours a week and come in a little late you are in trouble.
Toxic
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 3, 2017
This place is the most toxic environment to work in. People are let go for over staffing issues, and then new people off the streets are hired the next day. Management mostly doesn't care about the individual employees, and overall people truly hate working here because of how awful the supervisors or managers can be to the employees. Even the top performers get laid off for no evident reason.
Pros
Holiday pay, paid time off
Cons
Horrible management, never know when you might be fired next
It was all a numbers game.
Redetermination Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILMarch 29, 2017
Wonderful people to work with. The position was extremely high stressed with constant monitoring and control of quota and quality. The job itself was interesting and constantly changing. Every case was different. Dealing with CMS protocols was challenging and constantly changing. I was fine until my eyesight started deteriorating.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Rediculous insurance options.
Not recommended
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 24, 2017
This company unfortunately is set up to run with more chiefs than Indians. Management is encouraged to micromanage employees. The culture is not a very positive one.
Benefits
Cons
No flexibility, short lunches, dress code, only able to use restroom during breaks and lunch .
Great Job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2017
Working at WPS was a great experience. The people were very friendly and willing to answer any questions. The pay was decent too. I learned a lot. And this company had it's own lunch room and cooks onsite. You could also get in house massages during the day on certain days. They had great little company picnics and events. It was a great place to work. Unfortunately I was hired as a temp employee so I didn't get to stay.
Pros
Company treats employees well
Cons
Hard to get hired on, mostly temp help need
Toxic Place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2017
The culture at WPS has been and will continue to be a problem under this management. It's a unique place with a union and non union members. Nothing positive is done to embrace this, instead it seems they're trying to push out the union, which helps create the toxic work environment. Salary, benefits, and even health insurance are well below average in most areas. A health insurance provider that has sub par insurance to their own employees really represents how WPS views it's employees, not as investments but as an expense. Job advancement is difficult, especially with their inept HR. The same people that set the laughable wages. Many director positions that open up after retirement are simply consolidated to the remaining employees, with no increase in pay or job title. Which stifles growth. WPS also makes employees reapply for their own positions so they don't have to fire them. Only positive is 19 vacation/sick days. Though this enables people to come to work sick because they don't want to use their "vacation".
Pros
401k match up to 6 percent. 19 starting vacation days.
Cons
Wages, insurance, benefits, culture, growth, disrespect, increased work load
Customer Service, a disgrace.
CSR, Va (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 20, 2017
They pride themselves because they won the "most ethical company" a few years in a row.
Is it ethical to bang your direct supervisor?
Lie to providers?
Set ridiculously high expectations for employees so nobody meets their standards? I don't think so.

The Customer Service department for the Triwest contract I was in is a disgrace. Managers have favorites and it shows. You are literally treated as a warm body at a desk. The contract that I worked in is a-- backwards with its authorization processes for veterans to receive care, and even worse paying the providers.
Since you are in customer service you are the one that gets the brunt of the horrible job that the auth dept does; fellow csr's that are in your department giving providers the wrong information and then you need to back peddle and be quick on your feet to make up another excuse.
On top of dealing with providers, you are expected to adjust claims that your fellow coworkers sent back to be adjusted, but because of the changing procedures on what is supposed to pay and what isn't, one supervisor says adjust and the other says leave it deny....
One step forward three steps back.
Don't do it. Save your soul.
Pros
Decent benefits, 401k, Pto, flexible with calling in bc weather conditions
Cons
See above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WPS Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7