WPX Energy Employee Reviews

A good place to start and learn
Senior technician (Current Employee) –  Aztec, NMOctober 3, 2016
Poor management and no appreciation for employees who are not in management roles. Field operators are expected to do more each day while more benefits are taken away every chance management finds a legal loophole. I would not recommend the San Juan basin of WPX as a place to work.
Pros
Fewer each day
Cons
Poor schedule, no paid drive time, poor compensation.
Great people and atmosphere
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2017
room for lateral movement and learning. Lots of great people

Located in the BOK building has great offices and floor space. located near many other similar companies.
Administation
Temp through AcctKnowledge (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2016
Set up Administation department. Set up filing system, developed documents on PC, train administration temps, letters. I was only temp and they kept us in a locked area due to the confidential nature of our work.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2016
Enjoyed the department and team I worked with, productive and fun work atmosphere. Work place was nice, and benefits were great, wouldn't have left other than being laid off.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Laid off
Good Job with Excellent Compensation
Procurement/Purchasing/Inventory Management (Current Employee) –  WPX Energy Rocky MountainJune 1, 2016
This is a great place to work with great compensation, only downside is the stability.

A typical day for me is negotiating prices on materials and sourcing out materials for the best price as well as managing a multi million dollar inventory. I also do a lot of cost/maintenance and regulatory reporting. I am also responsible for office management and many other tasks.
Excellent
IT SOX Compliance and Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2016
I have enjoyed my 9 years here at WPX Energy and would recommend it to anyone. Management is interested in your work and shows knowledge of the daily functions in the areas that you work.
Evolving Company during an industry downswing
Senior Joint Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2016
Good Company with solid leadership and forward thinkers. They know that their company is only as good as the employees they have and they take care of those employees.

You are expected to do the job you are hired to do. Communication is encouraged and mentoring is offered to employees that want to learn more about the industry.
Pros
healthcare, 401K
Cons
cutbacks in the industry - this is a great company to work for
Need to stay in CO
Engineering Department Field Tech and Echometer (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COMay 27, 2016
Wish they would not have sold out the Colorado portion. It was a good place to work with great benefits and compensation. Well thought out decisions with the current economic climate.
Great place to work!
SENIOR VOLUME ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2016
Daily scheduling of upstream gas out of the Piceance basin. Great place to work and awesome co-workers. Overall company atmosphere was always upbeat and inspiring.
Great people make a great place to work
Land Data Tech and Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2015
Having been surrounded by the best of the best, WPX embodied the concept of "our people are our greatest asset". The level of expertise and experience are unparalleled anywhere in the industry. Very sad to see the Denver office closed and all that talent scattered to the four winds.
Great company
Accounting & Produxtion Reporting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYFebruary 24, 2016
Great co--workers, flexible, great benefits.
Family oriented. Enjoyable -Customer satisfaction at the end of the day.
Productive and fun workplace
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for WPX Energy
I learned a lot about the gas and oil industry
The management team was very competent and hard-working
I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers
The most challenging part was working remotely
The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and being challenged
WPX Energy going bankrupt
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2015
The stock went down another 5% today. The internal rumors are that the company is going bankrupt. I need to get out before management dissolves the company. I do not want to go through bankruptcy with this company. They need better management and more funds. Bankruptcy is definitely coming shortly. I sold all my stock at a loss today just to get out of it before it becomes worthless.
Pros
Cons
Bankruptcy shortly
Young Oil & Gas Producer- Lots of potential
Sourcing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COFebruary 6, 2015
As spun off from Williams, this company has a world of opportunity ahead of it. It is at times a little wrapped up in what is termed as the "Good Old Boy" world. Everyone knows everyone, and business flows with those mixes most of the time. This is good and bad at times. Management is young at the local levels, but boasts many combined years of experience. There are many positions with under qualified people in them, sadly.
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement, Salary w/ respect to competitors, politics driven environment
Great people and wonderful experience
Sourcing Specialist Sr for WPX Energy and Williams (Former Employee) –  Cannonsburg, Pa, Denver, CO, Parachute, CoAugust 27, 2013
Fast paced, work smarter not harder, upper mgmt good, co workers great, ensuring SOX requirements, adrenal rush fast paced challenges
Pros
Most everything
Cons
Local director lacked knowledge of O & G industry, and some major amnesia regarding large budgetary items, both made unnecessary challenges in an already challenging environment
Lots of uncertainty and shuffling of people
Reservoir Engineer, Appalachian Basin (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2015
Am sure of where we are going. Not sure if will get there. We know about the layoffs - but don't know the reasoning. I am getting the most out of work by mentoring with another engineer. He helps me with the science and I help him with software especially database (Access).
Pros
good severance
Cons
isolated
Great Company
Field Office Administrator II Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 4, 2015
This is a great company with even greater people!!! This company is very family orientated, I would have loved to continue to work for this company.
Pros
Great people to work with!
Cons
They moved my department to Tulsa, and I was not able to reloacte my family.
Fun place to work with very flexible schedule
Natural Gas Trader (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2015
Trade morning position, schedule pipelines and input trades and arrange in deal system for accounting. Trade seasonal positions and clear an errors for accounting
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cliques
Up and coming oil and gas industry company
Geological Technician I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2015
Worked at WPX previously as Geological Technician and Sr.Administrative Assistant, but I also have Human Resources Coordinator experience.

Company is good to work for, but in industry downsizing, I was laid off from there in March.
WPX Energy
Land Data Tech II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2015
WPX is a good company to work for, especially if you live in Tulsa, OK. They do care about good benefits, even if the salaries a bit low. The people I worked with were absolutely great. They do believe in doing the right thing, even though the industry downturn has put quite a few people out of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WPX Energy. Our community is ready to answer.