WPX Energy Employee Reviews

Great Company
Field Office Administrator II Specialist (Former Employee), Minot, NDAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with!
Cons: They moved my department to Tulsa, and I was not able to reloacte my family.
This is a great company with even greater people!!! This company is very family orientated, I would have loved to continue to work for this company.
WPX Energy going bankrupt
Project Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bankruptcy shortly
The stock went down another 5% today. The internal rumors are that the company is going bankrupt. I need to get out before management dissolves the company. I do not want to go through bankruptcy with this company. They need better management and more funds. Bankruptcy is definitely coming shortly. I sold all my stock at a loss today just to get out of it before it becomes worthless.
Good company to work for.
Measurement Technician (Former Employee), Parachute, COJune 11, 2015
If you aren't related to someone or best friends from the 3rd grade, good luck getting hired on with them. It's a pretty good ole boys type organization. If you can get in, work hard and keep your nose down. Great benefits and compensation.
Up and coming oil and gas industry company
Geological Technician I (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2015
Worked at WPX previously as Geological Technician and Sr.Administrative Assistant, but I also have Human Resources Coordinator experience.

Company is good to work for, but in industry downsizing, I was laid off from there in March.
WPX Energy
Land Data Tech II (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 1, 2015
WPX is a good company to work for, especially if you live in Tulsa, OK. They do care about good benefits, even if the salaries a bit low. The people I worked with were absolutely great. They do believe in doing the right thing, even though the industry downturn has put quite a few people out of work.
Lots of uncertainty and shuffling of people
Reservoir Engineer, Appalachian Basin (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good severance
Cons: isolated
Am sure of where we are going. Not sure if will get there. We know about the layoffs - but don't know the reasoning. I am getting the most out of work by mentoring with another engineer. He helps me with the science and I help him with software especially database (Access).
Young Oil & Gas Producer- Lots of potential
Sourcing Specialist II (Current Employee), Parachute, COFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: advancement, salary w/ respect to competitors, politics driven environment
As spun off from Williams, this company has a world of opportunity ahead of it. It is at times a little wrapped up in what is termed as the "Good Old Boy" world. Everyone knows everyone, and business flows with those mixes most of the time. This is good and bad at times. Management is young at the local levels, but boasts many combined years of experience. There are many positions with under qualified people in them, sadly.
Good work environment
Division Order Analyst I (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at Williams/WPX Energy. I enjoyed the work environment and I gained a lot of knowledge of the oil and gas industry, particularly in the Joint Interest Billing and Division Orders departments.
Great people and wonderful experience
Sourcing Specialist Sr for WPX Energy and Williams (Former Employee), Cannonsburg, Pa, Denver, CO, Parachute, CoAugust 27, 2013
Pros: most everything
Cons: local director lacked knowledge of o & g industry, and some major amnesia regarding large budgetary items, both made unnecessary challenges in an already challenging environment
Fast paced, work smarter not harder, upper mgmt good, co workers great, ensuring SOX requirements, adrenal rush fast paced challenges
Fun and Relaxing Place
Data Processor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2012
I enjoyed the managers and the atmosphere the job was great and I wish I was still able to be there.
Headquarters