This job is great for students who are willing and able to work week nights and days/nights on Saturdays during the summer AND school year!
Wright’s is Tampa’s premier café, bakery, deli, and catering company since 1963. Employees can expect the following from us:
- Courtesy, respect, and communication
- Good working conditions and a fun place to work
- Proper training
- Reward and recognition
- Competitive compensation and outstanding benefits
The steward is responsible for the day-to-day work station preparation. A steward ensures that Wright’s creativity and quality are enjoyed through guests’ food experiences. The following is a sampling of the tasks stewards perform:
- Cleans & prepares cooking and food preparation stations
- Prepares basic food –proportioning salad dressing and washing vegetables
- Covers, dates, labels & rotates all food containers per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
- Checks pars for shift use, determines necessary preparation for next shift
- Practices safe food handling techniques
- Performs inventory control – assists in receiving delivered goods – ensures those items are the right item, quantity and in good condition when received
- Assists Pots & Pans Washer in keeping facility clean
- Breaks down boxes and removing all trash from building
Every employee at Wright’s must help to meet our goal of making every visit a special experience for our guests by having:
- A commitment to offering great food and great service in a clean, safe, exciting atmosphere
- A commitment to teamwork
- A good days’ work for a good day’s pay
To join our team of dedicated cooks, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to work quickly, precisely, and consistently
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work Saturdays and Holiday Season between Nov. 1 through Dec. 31
- Thrive in an organized environment
- Seek long-term employment---one year or more
- Welcome a drug-free, smoke-free environment
- Agree to a pre-employment background check (criminal and driving)
- Compensation is between $8.50-10.00/hr commensurate with skills and experience
The following shifts are available:
- Full-time shifts for those who are able and willing to work between 4a and 10p Monday through Saturday.
- Part-time shifts for those who can work 15-20 hours/week, especially during lunch between 10a and 3p
- Shifts available for students who can work 6pm-10pm and all day Saturdays
Helpful tips for a positive applicant experience:
- Expect to dedicate at least 30-45 minutes to the application and assessment.
- Have an email account that you will regularly check. Be sure to check your junk email folder for emails from both wrights.biz and corvirtus.com and/or add these domains to your safe senders list
- Do not use a cell phone or tablet to apply. The application and assessment require extensive use of a keyboard, mouse and at least a 9" screen.
- Have all relevant information for your last three jobs to include name, address, dates, compensation, supervisor information, and reason for leaving.
- Once submitted, you will be advised whether you meet our needs. If you do, you should expect a call in four business days. If you do not hear from us, you may call for a status update.
For further questions, call 813-344-4064
Welcome to Wright's
Tampa's premier cafe deli, and catering company since 1963. We offer a wide variety of food and services to please our...