WRIGHT-PATT CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

The management is unstable and picks favorites. This is the worst place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 23, 2017
If you aren't drove out of this place by being micromanaged and treated like a child then eventually they will find something they don't like about you and fire you, if you're not one of the favorites that is. The call center at the corporate location has the worst management "team" I've ever worked for. They fight with each other daily and they make it IMPOSSIBLE to have a good work environment where you can grow and succeed. If you like job security do not work here.
Overall Great Job!!!
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 14, 2017
Get your feet wet and learn a lot in IT

Great opportunity to work with multiple vendors and engineers on numerous projects, things are growing fast but the infrastructure isn't growing as fast.
Pros
great experience
Cons
little room for advancement
Junior Cognos Developer
Junior Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 12, 2017
• Requirements gathering from end users through meeting sessions.
• Designed Framework manager models to support new reporting needs and published them into Cognos Connection.
• Involved in the ETL design using Microsoft SSIS utilizing different design concepts and in performance tuning.
• Developed Stored Procedures and User defined functions using T-SQL and PL/SQL and used them as metadata objects in Cognos Framework.
• Created credit reports, scheduled and automated them to perform weekly, bi-monthly and monthly and burst to the account managers to notify accounts that were past due date via E-mail with drill through capabilities.
• Created aging reports for lenders and account managers with bookmarks, filters to assess the historical information about the reports.
• Developed reports for underwriting team, which enabled them take assess the credit worthiness of a customer. This reporting involved complex reports with master-detail relationships.
• Authored Credit reports that are overdue were automatically burst to collection and recovery via E-mail and sent in a timely manner.
Middle Management needs Work
Lending and Business Account Agent (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 4, 2017
Middle management needs work. Outside of that the training is good and fair compensation. Their office hours are not easy with families at least they didn't use to be.
Pros
benefits, training, income
Cons
middle management
Could use a better support system.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
Depending on which member center you were working at, a typical day could either be a very easy day or an incredibly stressful one. The need for staffing, and lack thereof, more often than not led to a very stressful workplace for all involved. Especially for management as they would find themselves unable to fully complete the tasks of their role because of filling other roles within the member center.

As a very member focused company it was refreshing to work for someone that was not forcing sales on their members or unattainable goals for their partners. The lack of sales goals and flexibility with the members was a pleasant experience.

Their management system needs a lot of work as there was a noticeable lack of support from those above you. Coaching, communication and the willingness to work with you months before any potential issues made it frustrating when mistakes were made that could have been avoided if the proper coaching and teaching took place.

Coming from a very sales focused and operational company I learned more about serving the member and not the company and how to look for those grey areas that served everyone's best interest.
Pros
Best benefits package
Cons
Lack of proper support, coaching and teaching
It was ok.
Member Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2017
It was an OK place to work, but I wouldn't work here again. The work life balance was horrible and everything was so unorganized.
Member Help Center - Call Center
Member Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Hostile working environment in the Member Help Center. Favoritism with Department Manager and her direct reports.

No work/life balance, hours rotated weekly/daily.

Issues with integrity.
Wright-Patt Credit
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 27, 2016
Working to serve the financial needs of the under-served while maintaining a robust financial position. At time, loose focus on the people and employees.
The best place I've ever worked!
MER (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 9, 2016
Wright-Patt aspires to be the best place you've ever worked, and they fulfilled that for me. I wish I didn't have to leave. The management there is spectacular. They really do want to support their employees. They try to prioritize internal promotion so advancement is definitely feasible with enough time and effort. The culture there is genuine and they are all about service to their membership, but also prioritize the well-being of employees.
Pros
Paid holidays, great healthcare, nice PTO plan, structured advancement and raises
Cons
Much is expected of you. You'll work hard but you'll be rewarded.
It brought the family environment which made my job a lot more fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2015
A Family Oriented Non profit organization. I would recommend to everyone. I learned alot from them and I will carry on there teachings with me in life. the only complaint I would have is the music, it distracted me from my job, and I know I would have provided better service to the members if the music wasn't there.
Pros
Always felt on my toes and ready for action there
Cons
the chairs, a little uncomfortable, and on our feet all the time I should have worn better shoes. :)
nice place to work
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 18, 2015
I learned how to be better customer oriented. The hardest part of my job was the high call volume. Management wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the interaction with my members.
Wright-Patt Credit Union
Graphic Designer & Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 3, 2014
WPCU is a growing company and my department is fast paced. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Growing
Cons
Need more staff
Very close knit company
Accurately process transactions for member-owners (Current Employee) –  Englewood OhioJune 13, 2014
I love my job and the advancement is great. I just need a part-time job that I love just as much.
WPCU Short and Sweet
Senior Financial Solutions Coach (Current Employee) –  Dayton,OHApril 24, 2014
WPCU is a great place to work if you are trying to get experience in banking. I don't recommend it if you are having a young new family. But for right out of college folk it would be a great start in a career within the banking world.
Pros
laid back, flexible, great management, no pressure
Cons
long long long days
Branch manager for a fast growing credit union in Ohio
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 21, 2013
I had over 15 years with this credit union, and I started as a cashier/teller on the main branch of the credit union, which is a military base. I advanced as a loan interviewer, loan officer for many years, and did accept assistant branch manager for another branch, and became branch manager for the last 10 years with the credit union.
I did learn how to manage a branch office, manage a cash-handling facility on both an on-base office, and off-base office for the credit union. I did work with many personalities, and dealt with many different types of customers, and as loan officer, had the abililty to read credit reports ( this was before credit scoring ) and if a loan was not within my guidelines for approval, I was able to review the loan, and recommend a loan for approval or denial to the credit union "credit committee"
The most enjoyable part was the friendships that I have made, and the knowledge of lending, mortgages, and the laws of credit unions and the advantages of credit unions.
Pros
obtain knowledge of cash management, loan officer responsibilities, and management of manager of a credit union office.
Cons
no cons
Long hours and no set schedule
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 14, 2012
While the compensation was decent, the hours were very long and the management didn't work with your schedule very well. They expect you to be able to do your job effeciently, yet are more worried about getting people in and out of the door.
Pros
good management
Cons
no set schedule, benefits weren't great
Great benefits but the management does not care about the employees
Teller Loan Officer Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 2, 2012
Great benefits but the management does not care about the employees