Wright Career College

Wright Career College Employer Reviews

Supportive Coworkers and Horrible Management
Instructor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: supportive coworkers
Cons: horrible management
Wright Career College - OKC was a horrible place to work overall.
I taught classes for 13 hours a day. Some of the students in my class were set up to fail. These students were on a third grade level and I was teaching on a seventh grade level. I was told that I would be fired if I did not pass them.

I kept changing the curriculum because I kept getting – more... in trouble by management because my curriculum was too hard for the students. When there was a conflict with the students and myself, some of the management backed me and some of them didn't, even when it was evident that I was correct. I spoke to my Human Resources Representative about an inappropriate comment that my supervisor made and he told me they were just words. It wasn't a big deal.

My coworkers were wonderful. They taught me how to teach the curriculum so that my students would stop complaining that my classes were too hard.

Teaching at Wright Career College has helped me be successful at teaching kids. I use the same teaching methods with the kids that I used with my students at Wright and the kids are able to grasp what I teach them. – less
Private Vocational Education
Instructor / Student Retention Advisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2013
Progressive education system with exceptional team players.
Wonderful non-traditional college
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2013
Wright Career College is a college that gives opportunity to non-traditional students. It is an atmosphere of learning that is electric. The instructors are very knowledgeable in his and her field of study and really care about the students. The most challenging part of the job is transportation for some students. Transportation causes some students – more... to miss school. Other challenges are personal and family struggles. If the students can overcome these challenges, the instructors and administration is available and ready to help in any way possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students understand, comprehend, and participate in their educational experience with the end result of graduation and securing a position. – less
Productive and diligent worker.
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2013
I am a hard working person that take pride in completing any task given to me.
No complaints, but no promises
Documents Clerk (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly administration, often bought lunches
The workload wasn't overbearing and the compensation was very fair, but there's no promise you'll be kept around in a slower time frame.
Productive, inspiring atmosphere with hard working employees
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 2, 2013
Fast paced
Build rapport and resolve student concerns and issues, while presenting the benefits and features of multiple degree programs, recommending the educational path best suited to meet individual, customized requirements
Love my coworkers and students... hate the rest
Instructor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: students are great, i love my coworkers
Cons: management is terrible.
Nothing here feels stable, and the students see it too. Good teachers have been fired due to "budgetary cuts" as the company hires other teachers to fill spots where they are not needed.
It feels like the company is run by 2-year-olds who are hopped up on Red Bull and have no impulse control or rational thought.
Great place to grow and learn.
Retention Coordinator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2013
Pros: making a positive impact on student's life.
Cons: seeing students struggle in personal areas.
A normal day would consist of managing seven advisors caseloads and making sure contact is being made to students who have been out for almost 30 days. My advisers are also instructors and are required to try and make contact with critical students in between classes. By 3pm everyday my I2's (advisers) are required to send me a daily attendance report – more... of their caseload of between 50-56 students in which i'm required to send a compiled DAR (daily attendance report) to our chairmen, president, and vice president. The DAR gives our corporate director insight on our attendance percentage and potential drops for the week. I've really enjoyed working under or campus director. She's an ultimate people person and enjoys working in the trenches with her employees. I also have the freedom to worth with a retention budget in planning student activities month to month. My co-workers are awesome! I've worked with the same crew for 3 years now and we've become like family. If there's any issues between co-workers it usually gets resolved within the same day. The hardest part of my job is motivating a student who is consistently unmotivated. Our student population is a bit rough. We admit students who may have a criminal background or even a felony as well as single mothers or ex drug addicts. So along with trying to get their grades up to par we also have to manage the issues our students go through on a day to day basis. Going to graduation with my co-workers is the most rewarding part of my job. To see a student transformed and motivated for the workforce makes everything worth it. – less
HORRIBLE
Dean of Students (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkJune 23, 2013
Cons: managment, culture, morals, values
This is an awful place to work! I am ashamed to even say I was an employee.
Great work environment
Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 29, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: a lot of last minute changes to curriculum
Great team to work with. Most of the instructors are there for their students advancement.
LOVE THE JOB !
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work is rewarding. I have learned more about the GED guide lines.Management is wonderful.Hardest part of my job is was accepting lack of training.Most enjoyable of my job is meeting the diverse of students and watching them acheive there GED.
4 Day Vacation Every Week!
Microsoft Office Instructor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 14, 2012
Pros: 4 days off possible with near 40 hours, coworkers
Cons: short 20 minute lunches, compensation, upper management, no way to advance as an instructor
I teach from 8:30am till 2:30. Then I prepare for the next classes and grade papers. At 5:30 I teach again until 9:30pm. It is a long 13 hour day, but I get 4 days off. The employees are the best part of the job as they are the collect coworkers around. Sometimes they bus us to Kansas City for a faculty retreat for the weekend. Some employees like this, – more... some hate this. – less
A jungle for a work place!
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaNovember 27, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: having to work with self absorbed rude people
This is a very bias company. People are promoted not by what they know but by who they know. I have never seen a company that was so greedy that, they didn't care about the students that attend their institution The commercial are great but this place is a Zoo. between the self absorbed faculty and staff, and the mindless students that are just there – more... for a check it's a wonder they are still in business. If ACICS could ever catch them off their guard, I am sure the government would revoke their funding. – less
NEVER WORK HERE!
Dean of Students (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2012
Pros: students are great! easy to work with!
Cons: management, older staff, and office politics!
I wish I had never met anyone at Wright Career College. I worked as a Dean. I worked there for 6 weeks before they let me go.

Everyday my very creepy bosses pulled us away from our work to a meeting. In the meeting, they would scream at us and threaten our jobs. They have no clue how to run a college or manage staff. There were 4 new deans that did – more... not cause the problems that management was freaked out about. Instead of letting go of the problem, they let go of all the new people!

The 4 men running the place will lie to your face and pretend to me nice. They will then throw you under the bus and you will have no clue as to what happend. They also create an extreme hostile enviroment that hardly anyone can handle. They do not care for the staff or students. They value nothing.

I enjoyed working with the students the most. The management and older staff members know how to play the game and they WILL do their best to hurt you!

Lastly, negoitate your pay! Don't take $13 hour!! They will a pay more!!! – less
A fun job to have
Business Instructor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 19, 2012
The work is meaningful and the co-workers are a lot of fun. Instructors have three day work weeks.
Exciting job to help others achieve their goals and go to college
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Leawood, KSOctober 6, 2012
I managed the Financial aid office and helped new students package their financial aid. This job was rewarding and helped me assume excellant customer service and organizational skills.
Great workplace with supportive staff
Course Builder Medical Assisting Program (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 5, 2012
Pros: telecommuting
Cons: not seeing co-workers daily.
I have been a telecommuter and have been able to create courses, at my pace. Support was always available from co workers and management.
An great learning experience and unique environment
Personal Trainer (volunteer) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great staff to help you progress at your job
Cons: no dental and very high insurance
Its a great place to meet alot of different people and experience all kind of differences in a work environment. Get a lot of leadership and helpful hands, motivated management to push you to suceed. The hardest part of the job not being able to continue to work with those individuals on an daily basis to help progress there sucess.
Productive and Professional
Testing Proctor - Temporary (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 8, 2012
Wonderful company, hard working and team focused employees.
Good place for a second chance at education
Assistan F.A. Director (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: lunch at your desk due to being overworked
The idea of the school is nice but I have seen where management is not looking out for the interest of the student just how much money they can get into their pockets.

September 20, 2012

They aren't looking out for their employees either.