Wright Career College Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
I would talk to potential students about enrolling in school. I received a lead via internet, or walk-in. I would call the person and asked him or her questions to find out what type of degree would meant their career goal.
Pros
Enter acting with people
Cons
poor management
Corporate Greed
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 12, 2017
When I first started, I was excited because we were student focused. However, we quickly became a money hungry corporation. Soon the instructors were demanded to make house calls on students that had not attended our class.Not my cup of tea!
Fun Place to Work
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2017
Wright College had instructors and staff that really cared for the student body, especially because the student body was made up of students who couldn't attend a university as a regular student because of what was in the students' background.
This school gave students a second chance to turn their life around and make a career choice that will guaranteed a life skill that they could use to bring in income for their family.
The school is no longer in business.
The company no longer exists.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 21, 2017
Because this company no longer exists, any review at this time is moot. However, this system requires a minimum of twenty words to review a defunct company.
Nice place to work and have input into the nursing profession
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 14, 2017
Productive and fun place to work at. Opportunity to give back to future Nurses and watching them develop into the next generation of nurses. Hardest part of job was feeling helpless if a student dropped the program without seeking help first be fore making the decision quit. Management very receptive to ideas of staff. one of the most exciting things about the job was also their interest in keeping up with new ways of helping student develop their skills, ie. real to life computer programmable dolls from new born to adult, with various disease processes.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
lots of take home work
Good for a resume, but poor in quality teachers
College Teacher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed teaching math and business, but the school don't care about the well fare of the students. Only cared about the aid the students applied for them.
Pros
College teaching
Cons
Only cared about gov. funding
Help Desk
Corporate IT Student Technical Support I & II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2017
Help Desk Software & Hardware. Help Desk for students. Test software with existing software and Operating systems. Password resets
Terrible company, terrible values
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2016
The amazing employees and students striving to make a difference made this job bearable. The management is self-centered and money driven at the cost of students, employees, and quality of the education given. There is no need for a home/work balance in the eyes of upper management.
Good Work Environment
Lead Instructor Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 22, 2016
Wright was a great place to work for.Everyone worked together help the other person when needed. The managers were understanding and were in the best interest of the students. The Classes went smooth on a daily basis
Very unethical practices, not consistent.
Small Business Management Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2016
Wright Career College has filed bankruptcy and has lawsuits pending against them for their unethical, unlawful practices. Previous employees use the parent company name of Mission Group on resumes and applications due to the embarrassment of working for this company.
Pros
Originally, 3 day work weeks
Cons
Pay structure and expectations consistently changing.
Good place to work except for the lack of honesty and communication from the corporate offices.
Adjunct Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 24, 2016
Wright Career college was a good place to work. I enjoyed the students and the other instructors. We all worked as a team. The only drawback was the lack of communication from the corporate side.
Pros
Staff and students
Cons
Lack of communication from the corporate side.
Terrible Upper Management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 21, 2016
Not a good company to work for. The company shut down and filed for bankruptcy. Did not pay employees for the final 3 weeks they worked. Gave students no access to transcripts to be able to transfer any credits to other institutions.
The co-workers are what keep you there.
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2016
The job is rewarding because you get to see the transformation of a lot of people's lives. Co-workers are amazing, they become your second family. Have to say that the hardest part of the job is seeing people not make it due to uncontrollable circumstances.
Pros
Flexible hour schedule. Jeans on Friday!
Admissions model does not work
Campus Library Director (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2016
Corporate's admissions model is not effective. A large percentage of students do not complete their programs. This could be solved by marketing to prospective students who would be more likely to succeed.
Good co-workers
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2016
An ok place to work. But, had bad direction from corporate. Corporate decisions were counter intuitive to their mission statement.
very happy
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2016
I was very happy working for this company. I felt like I was appreciated and everyone was very nice to me. Things just didn't work out and they had to close their doors.
Pros
I was pretty much my own department
Cons
no chance of being promoted to a higher paying postion
Good people!
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2016
Co-workers were pleasant, facilities and vehicle were clean. Overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend this to anyone starting out.
overall good place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, I loved helping the students, and giving them a better life. I got along well with my management team, and my coworkers! The hardest part of my job were the hours! I loved making students happy!
Fun and Great Atmosphere
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2016
Work life balance is great. Work atmosphere is a plus. Benefits are awesome. Peers are great to work with and the campus is also very nice.
Not the best
Adjunct Instructor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2016
Low pay and did not actually "instruct." Spent a lot of time doing administrative work. Much of my time was spent making phone calls to students who missed class in attempt to "retain" them in their programs.