Wright Career College Employee Reviews

Terrible company, terrible values
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2016
The amazing employees and students striving to make a difference made this job bearable. The management is self-centered and money driven at the cost of students, employees, and quality of the education given. There is no need for a home/work balance in the eyes of upper management.
Good Work Environment
Lead Instructor Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 22, 2016
Wright was a great place to work for.Everyone worked together help the other person when needed. The managers were understanding and were in the best interest of the students. The Classes went smooth on a daily basis
Very unethical practices, not consistent.
Small Business Management Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2016
Wright Career College has filed bankruptcy and has lawsuits pending against them for their unethical, unlawful practices. Previous employees use the parent company name of Mission Group on resumes and applications due to the embarrassment of working for this company.
Pros
Originally, 3 day work weeks
Cons
Pay structure and expectations consistently changing.
Terrible Upper Management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 21, 2016
Not a good company to work for. The company shut down and filed for bankruptcy. Did not pay employees for the final 3 weeks they worked. Gave students no access to transcripts to be able to transfer any credits to other institutions.
The co-workers are what keep you there.
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2016
The job is rewarding because you get to see the transformation of a lot of people's lives. Co-workers are amazing, they become your second family. Have to say that the hardest part of the job is seeing people not make it due to uncontrollable circumstances.
Pros
Flexible hour schedule. Jeans on Friday!
Admissions model does not work
Campus Library Director (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2016
Corporate's admissions model is not effective. A large percentage of students do not complete their programs. This could be solved by marketing to prospective students who would be more likely to succeed.
Good co-workers
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2016
An ok place to work. But, had bad direction from corporate. Corporate decisions were counter intuitive to their mission statement.
very happy
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2016
I was very happy working for this company. I felt like I was appreciated and everyone was very nice to me. Things just didn't work out and they had to close their doors.
Pros
I was pretty much my own department
Cons
no chance of being promoted to a higher paying postion
Good people!
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2016
Co-workers were pleasant, facilities and vehicle were clean. Overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend this to anyone starting out.
overall good place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, I loved helping the students, and giving them a better life. I got along well with my management team, and my coworkers! The hardest part of my job were the hours! I loved making students happy!
Fun and Great Atmosphere
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2016
Work life balance is great. Work atmosphere is a plus. Benefits are awesome. Peers are great to work with and the campus is also very nice.
Not the best
Adjunct Instructor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2016
Low pay and did not actually "instruct." Spent a lot of time doing administrative work. Much of my time was spent making phone calls to students who missed class in attempt to "retain" them in their programs.
Review
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66210February 7, 2016
This is a great college to work. Administration is very friendly and co-workers are easy to work with. Everyone appears to get along
Work
Financial Aid Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2015
This company was not a good place to work. They are taking advantage of students who do not have knowledge about financial aid.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
poor management
Stressful inconsistencies
General Education Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 24, 2015
The individuals who create the curriculum are not qualified for their positions and play favorites to their family members or spouses for classes.
Most of the technology in the building does not work or works improperly.
Revolving door when it comes to positions, they hold instructors back and don't allow them to advance in any other meaningful positions.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Everything else
Supportive Dean
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 29, 2015
The fellow instructors whether adjunct or full-time are supportive and helpful in understanding practices and students. Students are alert and eager to learn.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Growth and knowledge
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2015
I enjoy my time at Wright, working here gives me knowledge and experiences that I can take with me to use in my daily life. I interact each day with a vast array of students and instructors from many different backgrounds.
Great place to work with others that work from home.
Course Builder (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2015
I worked on building courses online in Canvas from my home. I enjoyed it and I learned a bit about html and java. I worked directly with one person via emails ans Skype. I worked mostly at my own rate and the hours I wanted as along as I was always ahead of schedule.
Pros
Home
Cons
Working face to face
Productive and Engaging Classroom Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2015
Typical Classroom Day:
Lecture Class (9:30a to 12:20p)
Lab Class (12:40p to 2:30p)
Office Hours
Lecture Class (5:30p to 8:20p)
Lab Class (8:40p to 10:30p)

The most enjoyable part of the job: Watching students learn skills they will use to begin a happy and successful career.

The hardest part of the job: Maintaining the highest levels of student engagement.
Very Unethical and do not tend to students needs
Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2015
I would get to work at 7am and start by reviewing admissions notes on students that were ready to enroll and check their transcripts to make sure they had the right amount of credits to go through financial aid and complete their fafsa. The hardest part of the job was that not being able to educate the students of the risks of the student loans, management would not let me voice my opinion because they are a for profit school and they would be losing money.
Pros
Being able to interact with students
Cons
Very unethical experience

2.4