Wright State University Employee Reviews

Administrative Support Coordinator for the UCIE (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2017
It's a very comfortable environment to work in. Everyone is sane and polite. It's just that the finances of the university are a mess and the specter of downsizing haunts our days.
A good place to learn.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 11, 2017
I loved working with my professor in the field of research he was involved in. The research group I was involved with was very helpful and got to learn a lot of things in the optimisation field.
Very flexible hours
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2017
This position was one in which I could create my own schedule; while being in school full time, I was able to create hours to work around my classes. My supervisor was extremely flexible and understanding. I greatly appreciated that about this position.
Ping Pong
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 3, 2017
Decent place to work, but the pay is low and has been severely mismanaged over the last several years.

Pros: Free lunches, employee recognition

Cons: Low pay
Great job to go along with grad school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2017
As a GTA at Wright State University I gained substantial leadership and teaching experience, as well as bolstered my confidence in my public speaking abilities. Although teaching as a career has never been one of my long term goals, my time as a teaching assistant has opened my mind to the possibility of becoming an educator, in some form or fashion. I now view teaching and educating the public as one of the key skills that I acquired during my time in graduate school, despite the fact that I originally loathed the idea teaching.
The greatest summer of my life!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 28, 2017
I cannot speak for any job at Wright State, but my undergraduate research experience is one that I will cherish forever! I got to spend the summer at a beautiful campus, living in a nice apartment less than a minute away from campus, and learning to use 3D printers! Part of my job required waiting for hours watching the 3D printer and compression testing machine, making sure they worked properly. On the plus side, I got a lot of reading done! In addition, I got to travel to Youngstown, Ohio for tours of a few engineering and manufacturing companies and schools. I had a lot of fun teaching adults how to use SolidWorks and 3D printers, and I made some new friends. The best part is, I contributed to a paper that is going to be published! If the job were being offered again this summer, I would accept it in a heartbeat!

Not every job at Wright State University is like this, I'm sure, but the working environment I experienced seems to be present everywhere on campus. I would definitely recommend working at Wright State University!
Pros
Great salary, friendly atmosphere
good experience
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 25, 2017
I have learned a lot working there.i have worked sometimes in team which was very helpful in various ways.
Workplace culture was awesome.
in other words, i feel lucky to get the opportunity to work in that nice environment .
Student worker for an advising office
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHApril 4, 2017
I was a student worker. We made appointments, answered phone calls, and helped with several projects around the office. Hardest part was having a boss that worked in a different office. In this position I learned customer service skills and skills with Microsoft programs. The culture of the office was very quiet, you worked alone a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students and attend programs with the dean of the college.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2017
Lots of opportunity to learn new skills, people are all very easy to work with, students are there to learn and very cooperative. Contract work only.
Pros
Excellent environment to work in
Cons
too short, no room for advancement
Educational
A student researcher is required (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 22, 2017
The Streams program at Wright State University is a 15 week research internship for minority undergraduates sponsored by the NIH. While participating in streams I conducted research on the Parkinson's disease causing mutant allele VPS35 using budding yeast as a genetic model.
Bad management
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 21, 2017
Budget crisis is all I have to say. Lack of accountability now is going to cost hundreds their jobs. I came in with 20 years of experience and was paid at the lowest level there was. It was a major slap in the face but I had to take the job due to no other choice.
Pros
Free tution
Cons
No place to advance
Very interactive and fun workplace
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  University Center for international educationMarch 14, 2017
I was allowed to interact with the international students in the office of international education where i got a chance to experience all the traditions around the world which i think is the one of the main skill when it comes to manage a group of people. This gave me confidence to handle a group and lead them.
Pros
international people and their traditions.
it was nice
Student worker /IT assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 9, 2017
it was really a good experience in all manners.I learned a lot there each and everyday.
I also learned various team skills and leadership skills as well.
Awesome
Teaching Assistant, Electrical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 4, 2017
It is a great and fun and enthusiastic place to work.I am challenged to do better every day.I love MATLAB and I use a lot of that here.
na
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHFebruary 24, 2017
Nice place to work. Parking is a hassel. Small state level university for getting graduate studies completed. Staff are nice and friendly.
Stable work place
Material Handler for Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Started at 7:30am and got off at 4:00pm. Had trucks normally waiting for me when I first arrived. USPS packages marked for delivery. Prepare order forms for Environment Services paper products,chemicals, and supplies. UPS packages unloaded about 10:30 mark for delivery. Delivery of packages across campus. Inventory control for the rest of the day.
Pros
Lots of free time.
Cons
When someone ordered something they may not be ready when it does come in.
It's all about the money
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Students are not a priority for administration; neither are employees. Saving money is the only factor that matters. No prospects for promotion. No tenure for instructors. They'll replace you with someone cheaper.
Pros
nice campus, good health insurance
Cons
No chance for promotion or tenure for instructors
Poductive workplace
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 8, 2017
I wasable to get my homework done while also taking care of my work at the time. It shows that they care about my school life as well as my job. The hardest part of my job was lifting the disabled students at the time, it was only hard because I was so nervous about dropping a student but I never did at all. I loved my job because of the amazing people I got the chance to meet during this time.
Busy environment and greeting students
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 2, 2017
The office is very busy with students coming in and out of the office all day from picking up packages, keys or returning keys.
Easy
Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Easy enjoyable job. Able to do other work at the same time. If you enjoy sports this is a good opportunity. Get to participate in sporting events and have logistics control

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3