Wright State University

Wright State University Employer Reviews

Student employee
Student worker (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Office of Disability Services at Wright State University as an undergraduate student. My job was largely scanning textbooks and other written materials for a computer to read for the visually impaired. My co-workers and boss were exceptional people who made the office a fine place to work.
Best Job I ever had
President of University Activities Board (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: fun, worked around school schedule
I was the President of University Activities Board. My job was to oversee the rest of the executive board and the events that we planned. The school was very open to hear our ideas on events and gave us plenty of freedom to be able to plan and execute the events that we wanted.
A great work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2013
Working at Wright State University was a rewarding experience!
Great place to grow
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2013
Welcoming environment and I learned a lot. I had a great time there and learned alot.
Productive and Effective
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), OhioOctober 7, 2013
Every day is very new and innovative. To start a work, I had to go through few technical papers, go in detail on the project given and analyze the circuits and the parameters given to bring the best output.

Not just my effort contributes to my success but also my professor who guided me both personally and virtually, my friends and co-workers who supported – more... me through out by sharing their ideas. This co-operation and support encouraged me to move into semiconductor field and learn more.

Most enjoyable part in my work is when gathered information and study could show progress and bring some advancements in my work. I never felt anything hard or difficult but always spent time in figuring it out and analyzing the reason behind a failure. – less
fun work, do a lot of research
Grader (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: all new technology
Cons: something is not reality
you can learn a lot during research, also need to work individually and solve problem by yourself.
Underrated in Engineering
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 19, 2013
It is an exciting place to study. The quality of the professor's and the classes they teach are of extremely high standard.
Productive and learn a lot on the job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJuly 15, 2013
Pros: learning all the time and good environment plus could get an affordable education
Answered phones, direct contact with customers, run small errands for department, typing/computer tickets, handle complaints for heat/cold in class rooms and dealt with lost and found items, logged them in book, keys disbursement. Handled small money amounts for department. Filing, faxing and some times ordered supplies for the office.
Enjoyable place to work with very flexible hours.
Technology Center Employee (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 27, 2013
I worked at the WSU technology center throughout college. It was a great place that worked around my class schedule while still allowing me to get plenty of hours. During this job I developed my technology skills as I worked editing text books on a daily basis.
Fun and exciting
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioMay 15, 2013
I loved working with students and being my own boss. I'm so glad I could take advantage of this opportunity while I was in school.
Friendly work environment, Productive
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 10, 2013
Pros: easy access from home
I liked working at the Wright State University where I got an opportunity to learn techniques in an amiable and conducive environment.
Flexible schedule and challenging work
Graduate Assistant - University Center (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 3, 2013
You're given a great deal of responsibility and your opinions are valued and respected.
post-doctoral
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), DaytonMarch 22, 2013
This was a temporary post-doc completing the last few months of an existing grant which was not renewed. I worked with the identification of SAR matrix regions in regions of genes the lab studied for DNA repair.
Meeting New Students
Registrar Student Office Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: learning all of the different classes and meeting a lot of different people
Cons: n/a
This job involved a lot of face to face interaction with new students to the Unviversity. Working in the Registrars Office gave me an opportunity to know the campus ( as far as the buildings and and room numbers). When running errands I had the opportunity to me several staff members. That paid off in the end.
good place
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
good place to work, friendly atmosphere, great environment.
Comfortable environment with great values
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great learning experience, flexible schedule
Cons: no cons
I worked with students with various disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Rosenburg Chutorian Syndrome, and Spina Bifida. My work consisted of helping the individuals with showering, toileting, feeding, and accomplishing any tasks that they could not do physically. I learned how to advocate for people with disabilities better, how to treat – more... them equally, and how my part of the job can affect their lives, from a day to day basis. I am really good at following instructions, even if it is coming from a peer of the same age or younger. I am also good at time management, because I have experience working with several people and going to school at the same time. This job was more individualistic, so I never found myself having issues with co-workers. I got along very well with other personal assistants and had great mutual understanding among ourselves. The hardest part of the job was not getting too attached with my clients; however, I believe I did a great job of keeping things professional. The job overall was very enjoyable for me. My supervisor, as well as my co-workers, know me as the most enthusiastic person at my job, because I truly enjoy and love what I do. I enjoy being around people, learning from others, and making my surrounding a very comfortable environment. – less
Excellent place to work
Department of Psychology Office Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2012
It was an excellent place to work. My management and professors were really nice and a joy to work for. Never a dull moment in the office, we always found ways to make working fun!
Testing Nanostructures
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 4, 2012
Every week, we are assigned tasks and deadlines on testing different nanostructures. Each of the team work is unique but we will work collectively in discussing views and different approaches that can be made to solve the current situation. We have to be keep update our knowledge on the different researches going on around the world in our field.
Well rounded campus
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Celina, OHDecember 3, 2012
Typical day: answering phones, assisting students, making copies, preparing shipments with the courier, receiving shipments from courier, shelving items in correct areas
Management: Couldn't ask for a better management. They are family oriented. They care about the well-being of their employees. They are compassionate and very understanding
Enjoyable – more... part of the job: I really cannot pin-point one area. I truly enjoy it and enjoy the environment – less
Excellent work place and great place to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 13, 2012
I was a student in WSU and its a great place to learn and improve in career.