Wright State University Employee Reviews

Great job during undergrad
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHFebruary 9, 2016
exposure to performances in my field of study, enjoyed talking to audience members and other staff members alike, management didn't micro-manage.
Great place to gain experience.
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Interact with faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, all while working in a laboratory style environment.
Pros
Friendly, Interactive
Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Co-workers were fun. Laid back work environment. Schedules around classes very well. Could trade and pickup shifts to meet your needs.
Had a very good computer lab for instructing the students and very good books.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2015
The staff at the university was very good at assisting me in keeping up with the latest information and drawing packages. My teaching aids were the best students that I could hire and were more like a part of my family than of students.
Pros
The best programs and assistance in the class room.
Cons
We had 25 work stations and there needed to be more for spare systems.
Student Employee
General Chemistry Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 15, 2015
I worked in both the campus recreation and student services departments at Wright State University in Dayton, OH.

As a Supplemental instructor I worked closely with a professor as well as my supervisor in order to provide a better experience for General Chemistry students and allow them more opportunities to succeed in the classroom. I worked with brilliant professors and co-workers in order to provide the best services possible.

As an Intramurals employee, typically I officiated athletic events or monitored open gyms.

Through these jobs, I learned communication, management, organizational skills, conflict resolution, and public speaking skills.
The company provided student employment to give experience as well as skills to students at the university.
Student Caller, Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OhioMay 27, 2015
I personally enjoyed my time at the Wright State University Phonathon program. The program gave the employees an office related environment while challenging us by using our people skills to try to persuade alumni of the University to give back through donations.
Pros
The office environment as well as friendly staff.
Cons
The length of the program only lasted as long as the semesters.
Stressful work environment; but also very rewarding.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton Ohio, 45435May 27, 2015
The position I held as a Teaching assistant required me to teach one or two introductory physics lab courses. My responsibilities included presenting topics in calculus-based introductory physics to inexperienced students, assisting students in lab, grading papers and I was also responsible for determining their final grades with full discretion. The job, therefore, required that I be reliable.

Most hours I was paid for were flexible hours for grading work. I only had to teach one to two times week, in addition to training.

I leaned how to multitask, solve problems quickly in a stressful work environment, and I also gained invaluable experience with public speaking. These skills will be useful in other jobs outside of physics and teaching.
Graduate Assistant in Lab. I assisted the Professor, students and corrected papers
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 31, 2015
I set up the Lab as instructor and assisted students as needed. I took this time to educate myself by learning whatever that was being taught.
Pros
I love my first teaching job. I learn and grew professionally
Cons
I had to leave and move to Cleveland
Great research and development environment
Graduate assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 19, 2015
Great research and development environment. Relatively small size university, but has great facilities. New ideas are encouraged. Collaborative environment.
Student Distance Learning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2015
Great place to learn new things. Good work environment. I had a chance to learn lot of new technologies. Co-workers are very kind and co-operative.
I was a graduate assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raj Soin School of BusinessJuly 7, 2015
I was a grad assistant, so my salary was obviously low, but the free tuition made it a very good deal. The culture at Wright State is great, and the professors are always willing to help out students.
Productive and inter-active work place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 1, 2015
I learnt good management skills and organizational skill. My communication skills have certainly improved and learned to work in tight schedules.
Pros
Friendly working atmosphere
Cons
salary
Exciting and very productive
Recreation Adaptation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 14, 2015
I would design different workouts for clients to do and have them succeed and meet their goals. I learned that you can make a difference others lives.
Challenging and Unpredictable
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2015
Diverse tasks
Research databases, scope management, and report generation
Hierarchical (functional) management
Friendly and professional co workers
Stringent timelines
Intrinsic motivation is required
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 12, 2015
This is the very good place to enhance your skills and build network with people in your area and learn lot of things from the colleges in organisation.
Productive and learn a lot on the job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJuly 15, 2013
Answered phones, direct contact with customers, run small errands for department, typing/computer tickets, handle complaints for heat/cold in class rooms and dealt with lost and found items, logged them in book, keys disbursement. Handled small money amounts for department. Filing, faxing and some times ordered supplies for the office.
Pros
learning all the time and good environment plus could get an affordable education
Intimate work atmosphere
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2012
Small office environment with 3 other professional co-workers. I learned how to focus my attention on expanding my skills in different aspects of the business world. Management gave me a new perspective on the difference between leading and managing. The hardest part of the job was the slow pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about different management skills from my supervisor and how to incorporate them in daily work life.
Pros
only 4 employees
Cons
slow pace
It fulfilled my passion for learning and extended my communication and team work skills.
Research assistantship (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 30, 2012
I have a passion for learning and working on challenging areas and problems. In WSU I had the chance to work with a great team on the subject of flight in nature. I learned how to apply my knowledge to solve new challenges and problems. I enjoyed working with lots of talented people in our team. I also had the chance to meet great scientists in conferences and get my work to be judged by them.
Good benffits
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2012
Open parking booth.ensure there were maps and reports work student workers. write parking tickets after leaving booth.
Before opeming booth would down load ticket writters, check e-Mail for any special event for the day.
Co-Workers were easy to get along with.
Management was easy to get along with, but at time out of touch with what went on outside their office.
Dealing with student and staff after they recived a ticket or ask not to park somewhere.
Dealing with student and staff when they need motorist assist.
Pros
wsu gave 80% reduction in family turation.
Cons
student and staff always yelling when they recived a ticket and treated less then an equal
Well rounded campus
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHDecember 3, 2012
Typical day: answering phones, assisting students, making copies, preparing shipments with the courier, receiving shipments from courier, shelving items in correct areas
Management: Couldn't ask for a better management. They are family oriented. They care about the well-being of their employees. They are compassionate and very understanding
Enjoyable part of the job: I really cannot pin-point one area. I truly enjoy it and enjoy the environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wright State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4