WRIGHT

WRIGHT Employee Reviews

Good office environment
o Office Aide/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaNovember 17, 2014
Management was not good but the job was nice and easy. Learned a lot of office skills. Making copies, answering phones, renting appartments
Excellent work/life balance
Editor, Everyday Mathematics (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2014
The job itself was more paperwork than actual editing. The work/life balance was good--once you'd worked there for a year you were eligible for one day a week telecommuting.
Informative and structured
Public Health Apprentice Trainee (Former Employee), Wright Patterson AFBAugust 11, 2014
Structured and informative blocks of instructions every week. Provided military training and technical health training on a daily basis. The instructors and my fellow classmates made it an interesting and fun filled environment. The hardest part of the training was the block exams we had. The most enjoyable part was passing the exams and moving onto the next block of instruction.
Fun workplace where I learned a lot so far
Tech Production Specialist (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very flexible schedule when needed, free luncheon once a month
I have learned how to use programs such as IPro Tech E-Scan, CT Summation iBlaze, PC Law and IPro Tech QC. I have one manager and one supervisor to whom I report. Both of them are great guys and very easy to work with. I have learned a lot from my manager - office manager. My coworkers are nice people and very respectable of others. The most enjoyable part of this job is when on the first Wednesday of every month all empolyees get toghether and have a lunch together. The firm pays for that and all of us get to spend some time together at that free lunheon. The furm is also very flexible if someone needs to leave early or come to work late. I have used that pro a few times already.
My goal in life
Porter (Current Employee), Naples, FLMay 1, 2014
I wasn't running for Vice President at these past jobs, but my goal wa s to be a sold contrbutor to these companies to be a solid successful winner on their team.
Project open ended
contractor (Former Employee), Arlington TNMarch 1, 2014
No advancement opportunity

Helped Company stay on top of SDLC that current full time techs could not handle without contract help
Awesome place to work for
PORTER (Former Employee), 41 S. High St, Columbus, OH 43215February 25, 2014
Pros: being busy everyday
It is always busy everyday, meeting with attorneys which I do enjoyed working for as they do have a great sense of humors. We have special events to go to, contests, co-workers and supervisors are great.
Underpaid and overworked
Legal Secret. for Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work would involve coming to my desk and having stacks of work/files put on my chair...that is how most days began.
boutique firm
Civil Paralegal/Eviction & Bankruptcy Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: lost of learn opportunities
Cons: not flexible
Run and operated as a boutique firm. Primarily Atty run law office with few support staff.
BUSY, busy, busy
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Wright Patterson Air Force BaseAugust 5, 2013
Working in an office to most people sounds easy, unless you are the one doing all the work then you know how hard it is to get everything crammed in one day without working overtime every single day. It is busy, energetic, at times crazy, but most of all fun. I enjoyed every second of my hectic schedule and continuously helping people with anything from benefits to pay, promotions to even their transcripts from several years prior.
Great opportunity for experience, but commute is too far.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: work events
Cons: long commute
Basic work duties include drafting pleadings, client communication, and calendaring trial dates. I learned legal process. I have the opportunity to openly communicate with my superiors. My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is the long distance from home, while the most enjoyable part is working with highly educated individuals.
fast paced and travel
temp (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 24, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: only temporary
loved the opportunity to travel and visit different states, learned a lot about assembly and installing.
Productive IT work
IT Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2013
Has a lot of great people there that makes the work day go by fast.
Productive and interesting place to work
Mail Room Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2013
Pros: family oriented
Cons: available hours
Overall it was a great company,should have never left the company! It was and enjoyable place.
I started WSG in June of 2012. I enjoy the work I do.
President (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: choosing exciting projects
Cons: health care, benefits, etc.
I especially like the work I have done with schools in the area of instructional progress monitoring. I also enjoying customizing curriculum and assisting schools develop a better environment and culture focused on success.

I have learned that having a great solution isn't enough. There are a myriad of issues that must be dealt with in order to experience a successful implementation. School leaders especially need training and support in order to "walk the walk" of a truly data-driven school. I have also learned that teachers are more likely to embrace a solution if the building principal becomes the lead advocate.

One of the most difficult aspects of the work I do is to get a resistant key decision maker in a school district to buy-in to the initiative. I have come to call this person, "Dr. Yeah, but." Regardless of the value of the soultion, some leaders are just not ready to move beyond their own way of doing things, no matter how dated they may be.

I have adopted the following rule, however, that has helped tremendously:

Help your customer to understand what they would want to do, if only they knew they could do it.

Most school leaders don't understand what is possible today. Once they get their mind around how new tools, systems and
Customer Services, Claims, Calls Center
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MarylandOctober 25, 2012
Pros: very professional
Cons: company went under
On the computer/phone everyday by 8am in the morning taking calls and servicing customers and transferring to Doctor offices and other departments. Taking over 145 calls a day and closed most of the calls on the same day.
VERY HARD JOB
OPERATOR A BLOWN FILM EXTRUDER (Former Employee), Plastic, COAugust 29, 2012
Pros: no pressure everyone got alone good
Cons: heavy lifting dailey
TYPICAL DAY 12 HRS SHIFT REMOVING PLASTIC FROM A BLOWN FILM EXTRUDER MACHINE WHILE IT ROLLING AROUND AT A FAST PACE OF SPEED.I LEARN HOW TO DO THIS WITHOUT ANY FLAWS.MAQNAGEMENT OK COOL. ALL CO WORKER WERE MENS EXCEPT FOR ONE AND ME.THEY ARE OK.THE HARDEST PART I HAD TO LIFT ONE POUND FROM MY SHOULDER TO THE TABLE ON ONE END . I DID IT FOR TENS SHIFTS.THE GOOD PART OF THE JOBS. THE GUYS CHOOSE ME TO ALWAYS GO GET LUNCH AND THEY TREATED.WE PLAY A FOOTBALL POOL THU THE PLANT.
Owners very professional and helped clients pay the lowest income taxes.
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee), 63rd and Portland Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2012
Pros: company christmas dinner and lunches during heavy tax season.
Cons: not enough hours to hire me to a full time employee. i stayed contract.
My supervisor was very intelligent and could figure numbers in his head on the fly. He was very organized and instilled this system to me. At times he was very trying but overall I appreciated his help and insight into preparing taxes for the company's clients.

My hours were mostly flexible out of tax season and fixed during tax season. I enjoyed working with the owners and staff.