WRIGHT Employee Reviews in United States

Highly respected in the community; a lot of pro bono work
Legal Secretary, Wills and Litigation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
Enjoyable place to work; I worked in litigation for the first time. Learned to e-file pleadings and maintain pleading binders.
Pros
Beautiful building and great co-workers!
Cons
Stressful environment at times; fuses could be short
Great work experience
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 22, 2016
Working for the right services is great! I've learned different ways to clean and different products that work well! Management is organized and helpful. Working with a partner is a lot of fun and you are able to get the job done faster. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others clean their house and feeling accomplished after the job is done.
Productive and Hard Working Health Clinic
Internship (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 19, 2016
Managing charts and handling patients. Arranged educational information sessions on health problems and behaviors. Arranged Health Fairs for college students. Co workers were great, management was great as well. Great experience at the internship level. Very involved and learned a lot.
Pros
Projects, communication, face to face
Cons
Small office space
Rewarding to work for a company that gives back to the community
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 1, 2016
While at the Wright Group I became very passionate about Campus Security and worked hard to research and develop training programs for all levels of employees and students. Schools are facing such hard times ahead with all the threats made against our schools. There really isn't a typical day in security. I had to be ready to address a crisis at a school/client on a moments notice. We were often called in on stalking cases, death threats, thefts,etc.
Pros
Never a dull moment and always learning
Cons
Difficult to plan your day not knowing what the next phone call will bring.
Great boss. I was able to learn a lot.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I was able to build upon my clerical skills and lean the ins and outs of the gospel music industry. I was able to assist with artist promotion, development, and events. Also under this umbrella was a franchise chain. I helped to ensure we improved associate moral, community brand awareness, and updated outdated software. Thus providing a $340,000 growth in three quarters pushing sales to just over the $1MM mark.
Stressful enviornment with high employee turnover
rather not say (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 19, 2016
Very high employee turnover, great benefits if you are able to stay long enough to enjoy them. Management will expect you to live breathe and eat for the company. Do not expect work life balance if you choose to work for this company. A lot of team building events, charity work, and committees to join if you are willing to put in additional hours to make up for these activities or be written up for not putting in enough hours.
Pros
benefits, vacation, sick leave, ESOP, team building events, activities
Cons
Nothing is ever good enough, managment is deceitful, will say one thing and do another, no one has the ability to be truthful.
THE best place I have ever worked!
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 24, 2015
This was a great place to work - friendly, easygoing atmosphere. Everyone willingly helped each other out when needed, worked closely with the attorney in all aspects of preparing a case for resolution, I spent almost 16 years there and worked for various attorneys over those years. I learned a lot about being a legal secretary from this company and would work there again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Very family-friendly and loved the attorneys & my co-workers.
Cons
can't think of any
Great opportunity
Lead Customer Service Agent, I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
I loved the atmosphere at this job. There was never a boring day, I loved the customers, they were always grateful for any help you could give them.
Loved job, but direct report was impossible to work for!
Member Business Service Director (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 21, 2014
I was hired to take a specialized hobby that management was admittedly unfamiliar with and turn it into a line of business. Upon my arrival, I discovered that the "hobby" had been poorly managed for 9 years.

We quickly hired a team of 15 professionals to assist in turning the hobby into a line of business. In doing so, we slowly pealed back the layers of the onion and reported our findings and recommended solutions.

I love to problem solve, but this opportunity had unintended consequences. In reporting our findings and recommended solutions, our findings, unnerved management, who had no prior experience in managing this specialize service.

My direct report stated that I was scaring people and that I should choose my words carefully in reporting my findings. All I ever did was to report the facts as I found them and recommended needed solutions based on my experience, as the problems were not going away otherwise.

Upon fixing all the problems of the division and installing the necessary infrastructure to support the line of business, I was informed by my direct report that I was not a good fit for the position. I knew better, as all of the internal and external audits of the division were complementary of all of the improvements made in the 3 plus years that I was employed by my employer.

Bottom line, my discoveries and recommendations made my direct report look bad, as he was not aware of all the problems. The discoveries and recommendations of myself and staff had unintended consequences, which ultimately led to me being forced out of my position.

I loved the job, staff
  more... and challenges and where it not for my direct report, I believe that I would still be managing the division today.

My take away from this unfortunate experience is sometimes egos get in the way of good decisions being made.
Pros
great place to work, but senior management was a work in process.
Cons
fractured organizatinal culture
Good office environment
o Office Aide/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaNovember 17, 2014
Management was not good but the job was nice and easy. Learned a lot of office skills. Making copies, answering phones, renting appartments
Excellent work/life balance
Editor, Everyday Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2014
The job itself was more paperwork than actual editing. The work/life balance was good--once you'd worked there for a year you were eligible for one day a week telecommuting.
Informative and structured
Public Health Apprentice Trainee (Former Employee) –  Wright Patterson AFBAugust 11, 2014
Structured and informative blocks of instructions every week. Provided military training and technical health training on a daily basis. The instructors and my fellow classmates made it an interesting and fun filled environment. The hardest part of the training was the block exams we had. The most enjoyable part was passing the exams and moving onto the next block of instruction.
Fun workplace where I learned a lot so far
Tech Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 15, 2014
I have learned how to use programs such as IPro Tech E-Scan, CT Summation iBlaze, PC Law and IPro Tech QC. I have one manager and one supervisor to whom I report. Both of them are great guys and very easy to work with. I have learned a lot from my manager - office manager. My coworkers are nice people and very respectable of others. The most enjoyable part of this job is when on the first Wednesday of every month all empolyees get toghether and have a lunch together. The firm pays for that and all of us get to spend some time together at that free lunheon. The furm is also very flexible if someone needs to leave early or come to work late. I have used that pro a few times already.
Pros
very flexible schedule when needed, free luncheon once a month
My goal in life
Porter (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 1, 2014
I wasn't running for Vice President at these past jobs, but my goal wa s to be a sold contrbutor to these companies to be a solid successful winner on their team.
Project open ended
contractor (Former Employee) –  Arlington TNMarch 1, 2014
No advancement opportunity

Helped Company stay on top of SDLC that current full time techs could not handle without contract help
Awesome place to work for
PORTER (Former Employee) –  41 S. High St, Columbus, OH 43215February 25, 2014
It is always busy everyday, meeting with attorneys which I do enjoyed working for as they do have a great sense of humors. We have special events to go to, contests, co-workers and supervisors are great.
Pros
being busy everyday
Underpaid and overworked
Legal Secret. for Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work would involve coming to my desk and having stacks of work/files put on my chair...that is how most days began.
boutique firm
Civil Paralegal/Eviction & Bankruptcy Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
Run and operated as a boutique firm. Primarily Atty run law office with few support staff.
Pros
lost of learn opportunities
Cons
not flexible
BUSY, busy, busy
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wright Patterson Air Force BaseAugust 5, 2013
Working in an office to most people sounds easy, unless you are the one doing all the work then you know how hard it is to get everything crammed in one day without working overtime every single day. It is busy, energetic, at times crazy, but most of all fun. I enjoyed every second of my hectic schedule and continuously helping people with anything from benefits to pay, promotions to even their transcripts from several years prior.
Great opportunity for experience, but commute is too far.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 15, 2013
Basic work duties include drafting pleadings, client communication, and calendaring trial dates. I learned legal process. I have the opportunity to openly communicate with my superiors. My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is the long distance from home, while the most enjoyable part is working with highly educated individuals.
Pros
work events
Cons
long commute

4.3