Wrightspeed is currently looking for embedded software engineers to join our team. In this role, you will work with the engineering team on software/firmware that will measure and control key subsystems and components of Wrightspeed's Range-extended Electric Vehicle (REV) powertrain. This will include:
- Development of robust, safe and well-engineered microcontroller embedded applications in areas such as power management, vehicle dynamics and motor control
- Design and develop embedded versions of various control and measurement algorithms by working with domain experts
- Development of software for communication protocols and state machines
- Development of shared firmware for drivers, scheduling, network messaging and sensor interfaces
- Help with board bring-up and testing
- Unit and integration testing
- 3+ years experience in design and development of software and firmware for embedded applications running on 16-bit and/or 32-bit microcontrollers
- Extensive experience in C, especially for hardware data sampling and control
- Proficiency in real-time software architectures and tools, including RTOSs and diagnostic tools and schedulers, ISRs, bootloaders, network stacks, and profilers
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux
- Process experience including extensive use of version control tools, managed builds and releases, issues tracking,
- Demonstrable experience in performing unit tests and system integration tests based on test plans
- Clear and effective communication skills, including written documentation, participation in design reviews, and actionable feedback on system requirements and design specifications
Desirable / Preferred
- Experience with software for motor control, vehicle control systems and battery/power management
- Experience in software/firmware for vehicle systems, especially electric vehicles
- Experience in developing for safety-critical systems
- Some understanding of scripting and modeling languages such as MATLAB, Simulink, LabView and Python/Perl/Tcl
- Knowledge of vehicle networking protocols: CAN, LIN
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an engineering company located in the heart of Silicon Valley, and started by one of Tesla Motors' co-founders. Here, enthusiasm is king and everyone has a voice. Our high-performance team hails from all over the globe and offers a diverse mix of skills and personalities. We have particular strengths in control systems, high-reliability software, and high-power analog electronics. We value unfettered experience, meaningful contribution, pragmatism and creativity. We’ve delivered outstanding results in our first two years and are always on the lookout for rockstars who want to join us in our fast-paced environment.
What we do
Wrightspeed is a powertrain company; we do not manufacture vehicles. We like to make things go, and we like doing it well. Built on a tradition of quality systems engineering, Wrightspeed’s powertrains are the next step in the evolution of vehicle propulsion. Wrightspeed holds the IP for most of its powertrain components, including patent-pending controls, 200kW inverter, 41kg 250hp electric motor, two speed gear box with clutch-less shifting, battery pack, battery management system, and LCD user interface.
For more information about Wrightspeed, please visit www.wrightspeed.com.
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an...