Wrightspeed is looking for mechanical engineers of all levels to work on our high-performance Range-extended Electric Vehicle (REV) powertrain retrofit kits. You will work with the engineering team to design and develop structural, packaging, thermal and control systems, and take prototype hardware into production, changing the designs and manufacturing methods as needed.
Mechanical Engineering support may include:
Drivetrain Development and Testing
- Drive unit internals (electric motors, gearboxes, and sensors)
- Drive unit mounting and integration
- Powertrain thermal management (heat exchangers, vapor compression refrigeration)
- Battery system packaging, cooling and vehicle integration
- Drive and control electronics packaging, cooling, and vehicle integration
- Environmental (thermal, moisture, vibration, EMI) protection of electronics
- Circuit board control drawings
- Integration with existing vehicle systems (electrical, steering, brakes, HVAC, fuel)
- Harness design and routing
- Improvement and cost-reduction of existing designs for volume production
Support and administration of CAD systems to ensure data is appropriately stored and shared
- Deep technical understanding and experience in structural, thermal, machine, and other mechanical design and analysis
- Hands-on fabrication and integration skills
- Conversant in basic electrical concepts
- Highly experienced 3D CAD user (Creo/ProE preferred)
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough and methodical, but with the flexible attitude needed to work effectively in a fast-moving start-up environment
Desirable / Preferred
- Hybrid/electric vehicle experience
- Vehicle system development experience
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an engineering company located in the heart of Silicon Valley, and started by one of Tesla Motors' co-founders. Here, enthusiasm is king and everyone has a voice. Our high-performance team hails from all over the globe and offers a diverse mix of skills and personalities. We have particular strengths in control systems, high-reliability software, and high-power analog electronics. We value unfettered experience, meaningful contribution, pragmatism and creativity. We’ve delivered outstanding results in our first two years and are always on the lookout for rockstars who want to join us in our fast-paced environment.
What we do
Wrightspeed is a powertrain company; we do not manufacture vehicles. We like to make things go, and we like doing it well. Built on a tradition of quality systems engineering, Wrightspeed’s powertrains are the next step in the evolution of vehicle propulsion. Wrightspeed holds the IP for most of its powertrain components, including patent-pending controls, 200kW inverter, 41kg 250hp electric motor, two speed gear box with clutch-less shifting, battery pack, battery management system, and LCD user interface.
For more information about Wrightspeed, please visit www.wrightspeed.com.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an...