Wrightspeed is currently looking for power electronics engineers to join our team. You will play a pivotal role in the development of the cutting-edge power electronics elements of the Wrightspeed Range-extended Electric Vehicle (REV) powertrain. Tasks will include:
- Take ownership of our next-generation power conversion architecture, including on-board generation and grid-connected inverters
- Complete detailed design and analysis of power supplies, power converters, and motor drives ranging from tens of Watts to hundreds of Kilowatts
- Design responsibility includes gate drives, protection circuits, I/O interfaces, and control electronics
- Generate technical documentation such as schematics, specifications, design guidelines, application notes, test procedures and bills of materials
- Supervise the PCB layout process
- Test, characterize, and fully validate prototypes
- Collaborate with software, controls, and mechanical engineers, as well as your fellow electrical engineers, to deliver well-packaged, manufacturable, high-performing, low-cost products to market
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, demonstrating an established track record of delivering working power electronics designs into volume manufacturing
- Experience with at least one schematic capture tool (OrCAD preferred)
- Experience with relevant simulation/analysis tools, such as SPICE, Saber, MATLAB, ICAP
- Experience debugging and diagnosing component level problems in a lab environment.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interface with other disciplines, including software and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of electronics thermal management
- Knowledge of signal integrity, EMC, and regulatory compliance is desirable
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an engineering company located in the heart of Silicon Valley, and started by one of Tesla Motors' co-founders. Here, enthusiasm is king and everyone has a voice. Our high-performance team hails from all over the globe and offers a diverse mix of skills and personalities. We have particular strengths in control systems, high-reliability software, and high-power analog electronics. We value unfettered experience, meaningful contribution, pragmatism and creativity. We’ve delivered outstanding results in our first two years and are always on the lookout for rockstars who want to join us in our fast-paced environment.
What we do
Wrightspeed is a powertrain company; we do not manufacture vehicles. We like to make things go, and we like doing it well. Built on a tradition of quality systems engineering, Wrightspeed’s powertrains are the next step in the evolution of vehicle propulsion. Wrightspeed holds the IP for most of its powertrain components, including patent-pending controls, 200kW inverter, 41kg 250hp electric motor, two speed gear box with clutch-less shifting, battery pack, battery management system, and LCD user interface.
For more information about Wrightspeed, please visit www.wrightspeed.com.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Who we are
At Wrightspeed, we’re passionate about designing and delivering products that work. We are an...