WS Packaging Group, Inc Employee Reviews

Growing and Busy Company
IMPACT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37931May 30, 2017
Always new things going on. Onboarding multiple new customers. Largest plant in the company. Most diverse plant in the company. Plant Manager is great and a fantastic leader. Many resources are available by reaching out to other plants and corporate office.
Pros
great people
Cons
many corporate employees in plant
A good place to work
Flexo Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed working there the management and employees are a great group of people to work with, i was able to gain more experience in the printing department.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Health benefits not so good
Challenging yet rewarding work environment; healthy competition; positive work culture
Corporate Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 10, 2014
Talented employees committed and dedicated to meeting customer expectations and fulfilling organizational goals.
Poor business practices, hostile work environment, incompentent management
Prepress Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 10, 2014
When I first began working for this company I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of opportunities in a variety of departments and room for advancement. However, as time went on I began to realize that my value and morals were not equating in the same direction as the corporation. The work itself is still quite enjoyable but I have never worked for a more incompetent & hostile group of managers. They do not lead by example, expect you to put work above everything else (family, health, religion, civic responsibilities & personal obligations) no matter the circumstance. They are outright dishonest about the conditions of your employment. Remind you daily that you are replaceable. This company breeds a culture of fear and intimidation and will aggressively push you out if you question any of their policies or procedures. They care more about making the company look good on paper than creating an effective and profitable operation.
The managers behave in a manner that is unbecoming of their positions and commonly violate the confidential relationship by slandering/defaming employees to others within the company. They will encourage you to be dishonest on your reports to make the numbers look more favorable. They have preferential treatment toward certain employees and they promote based off nepotism & cronyism. They do not address major issues within the company. This company is the worst place I have ever worked and it's taken a highly negative effect on my personal life as a whole. I would never recommend anyone for employment at this company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, hostile work environment, below industry average compensation, dishonest managers, breeds a negative culture based on fear and intimidation
Fast paced manufacturing
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2014
Safety and quality are top priorities with a lean business focus.