WS Packaging Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work environment.
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 12, 2016
While at WSPG, I was given greater responsibilities the longer I was there. Only worked part time (28 hours per week) due to Social Security limitations and insurance reasons. I enjoyed working with the personnel at WSPG and was disappointed when my position was eliminated.
Pros
Friendly emplyees and atmosphere.
Cons
Heating issues in the building.
productive
TURRET OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 27, 2016
very poor management supervisor are to agressive don't knowhow to treat the employees is i nice place just the supervisor need to get more trainning
Cons
short breaks
Friendly enviroment where eveyone works for the same goal
Component Washer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 8, 2015
The workplace is very friendly and everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job is getting everything memorized. What I learned is to ask for help and also to rely on co-workers to achieve the final goals.
Pros
stable hours
management
rewinder/finisher (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 3, 2015
management is very helpful there and they will do what they can to make sure you job is enjoyable. Also the employees are very helpful, they have great pay and benefits
Pros
good management
Enjoyed working with everyone there co-workers & management.
Planning & Estimating (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 24, 2015
I did planning & estimating of printed Wine & Liquor labels. When I left I was the only estimator there, so I had to train an estimator in Wisconsin. I retired in 2010 form WS Packaging.
Pros
Management let me do my job without to much looking over my shoulder.
Cons
Flying to Wisconsin in the winter time.
this is a step up company
Skid Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 14, 2015
Company required a lot of overtime sometimes with no notice, pay below scale, lots of tried unhappy coworkers, lack of communication
Great place to work with many wonderful people to work alongside.
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Ever changing environment with many chances of furthering you knowledge and career in the label manufacturing field. Working hard and some times long, can gain you some great future opportunities.
Pros
Good work environment with good career opportunities.
Cons
Management and supervisors are often changing witch causes friction with employee moral.
Fast paced work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 1, 2015
Maintain the machine so it can operate at highest levels of speed. Take products and box and get it ready for shipping by putting bubble wrap, tapping it up and then onto the pallet.

I learned how to manage my time when things get hectic and still get the job done the right way.

I never really saw management unless there was a company meeting or if they were going to change my work schedule.

Hardest part of the job had to be Learning how to operate machines i have never ran with minimal mistakes.
Pros
Was getting plenty of overtime
Cons
Changing my schedule to accommodate there needs almost on the daily.
Great people to work with also very understanding.
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJune 25, 2015
Great people to work with, but stressful environment. Management was understanding with personal situations and worked with you best they could.
The BEST place i have ever worked at.
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJune 10, 2015
This is by far the best company i have ever worked for. They offer great benefits, have excellent employees as well as management, and make the job fun.
Rewinder Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Karns, TNJanuary 30, 2015
Make labels for appliances
Nice facilities
learned how to use a scanner and a fork lift operator
The hours are flexable.
Fun,Friendly, and Educational company to work for
On Site Printing Service, Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 15, 2014
WS Packaging is an industry leading company with locations all over the country. I enjoyed the 8 plus years I worked for CPI-WS Packaging. It was unfortunate that I needed to relocate to an area where the company has/had not branched off too yet.
Pros
great managment
Cons
promotions are limited to applicants relocation availablility
work
Customer Integration Developer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 9, 2014
a typical day at work:
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Not a very good place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 21, 2013
I had a cool boss but by far one of the worse companies I have ever worked for,no room for advancement , horrible pay, horrible benefits, the only way you could get a day shift is if someone retires or drops dead and I just don't feel like running a press was for me. To each his own but glad I got out when I did.
Pros
you can run at your own pace
Cons
too many to name.
Was my life's passion for almost 34 years
Customer Service Quote Specialst (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NHNovember 16, 2013
Everyday was a joy to go to work. A typical day was providing customer service to distributors around the country. My co-workers were great. It was like my extended family. Management was superior, caring while maintining corporate directives.

The hardest part of my job in the past was not being able to deliver a product on time. But, our average was excellent.

It was my pleasure to represent the company at many Trade Shows throughout my career. I still feel that our division delivered the best products and had the best customer service in the printing industry.

I partially retired in 2007 but went back part time a couple of months later and have been working as needed.
Pros
flexibility when family crises issues came up.
Cons
pay increases were not forthcoming in recent years due to the economical constraints in our society.
Good People to work with. Terrible Management.
Press Operator currently printing the product (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 27, 2013
Bad management. Poor Raises. Good co workers. Very nice people overall.
Pros
um....
Cons
to many.
too much overtime
Press Operator, Mark Andy (Former Employee) –  Algoma, WIAugust 30, 2013
Hard to balance work and life. it seems to be one or the other.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
mandatory overtime
Small print shop part of a much larger corp
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNJuly 10, 2013
Everyday is different. New problems to overcome and new things to learn. Just when you think you know everything there is to know about a machine you realize there is more to it than you thought.

The management are like a second family. They are very flexible and are there to help you in whatever way they can. Same goes for the coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is figuring out how to tackle any giving problem coming from the printing aspect of the job.

The best part of the job is the diversity of items you work with and seeing your finished product on store shelves or in magazines is always a great feeling.
enjoyable work place with flexible hours
Rewinder (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 29, 2013
quality control of rolls of labels,packaging and shipping
i learned how to run a machine with a camera attached and with no camera for quality control,how to splice rolls and properly package for shipping
everyone was very nice and helpful at all times as well as production goal oriented
the training was the hardest part of the job because it was a new skill for me to learn
the best part of the job was the flexibilty in the hours and the understanding of needed time off for family and if lunch was taken on site it was a paid 30min
Pros
on site lunch paid time, flexible hours, good vacation time, good benefits
Cons
management communication is not good
Great group of coworkers!
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Wilton, NHFebruary 14, 2013
Every day I am met with new challenges. The other day I had to recreate art from a drawing on a napkin. Its things like this that keep life interesting. I also love my coworkers. There is a good mix of people from all different backgrounds and it has been very easy for me to get along with everyone I work with. The healthcare isn't the best and it is a little difficult to move up within the company. The nice thing is that I feel that I do my job very well and that I'm appreciated at work, so I feel like I have job security.
Pros
great coworkers, paid half hr lunch, job security
Cons
healthcare, not alot of job growth