WS Packaging

WS Packaging Employer Reviews

Not a very good place to work.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GANovember 21, 2013
Pros: you can run at your own pace
Cons: too many to name.
I had a cool boss but by far one of the worse companies I have ever worked for,no room for advancement , horrible pay, horrible benefits, the only way you could get a day shift is if someone retires or drops dead and I just don't feel like running a press was for me. To each his own but glad I got out when I did.
Was my life's passion for almost 34 years
Customer Service Quote Specialst (Former Employee), Wilton, NHNovember 16, 2013
Pros: flexibility when family crises issues came up.
Cons: pay increases were not forthcoming in recent years due to the economical constraints in our society.
Everyday was a joy to go to work. A typical day was providing customer service to distributors around the country. My co-workers were great. It was like my extended family. Management was superior, caring while maintining corporate directives.

The hardest part of my job in the past was not being able to deliver a product on time. But, our average was – more... excellent.

It was my pleasure to represent the company at many Trade Shows throughout my career. I still feel that our division delivered the best products and had the best customer service in the printing industry.

I partially retired in 2007 but went back part time a couple of months later and have been working as needed. – less
Good People to work with. Terrible Management.
Press Operator currently printing the product (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: um....
Cons: to many.
Bad management. Poor Raises. Good co workers. Very nice people overall.
too much overtime
Press Operator, Mark Andy (Former Employee), Algoma, WIAugust 30, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: mandatory overtime
Hard to balance work and life. it seems to be one or the other.
Small print shop part of a much larger corp
Press Operator (Current Employee), Elk River, MNJuly 10, 2013
Everyday is different. New problems to overcome and new things to learn. Just when you think you know everything there is to know about a machine you realize there is more to it than you thought.

The management are like a second family. They are very flexible and are there to help you in whatever way they can. Same goes for the coworkers.

The hardest – more... part of the job is figuring out how to tackle any giving problem coming from the printing aspect of the job.

The best part of the job is the diversity of items you work with and seeing your finished product on store shelves or in magazines is always a great feeling. – less
enjoyable work place with flexible hours
Rewinder (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJune 29, 2013
Pros: on site lunch paid time, flexible hours, good vacation time, good benefits
Cons: management communication is not good
quality control of rolls of labels,packaging and shipping
i learned how to run a machine with a camera attached and with no camera for quality control,how to splice rolls and properly package for shipping
everyone was very nice and helpful at all times as well as production goal oriented
the training was the hardest part of the job because it was a – more... new skill for me to learn
the best part of the job was the flexibilty in the hours and the understanding of needed time off for family and if lunch was taken on site it was a paid 30min – less
Great group of coworkers!
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Wilton, NHFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, paid half hr lunch, job security
Cons: healthcare, not alot of job growth
Every day I am met with new challenges. The other day I had to recreate art from a drawing on a napkin. Its things like this that keep life interesting. I also love my coworkers. There is a good mix of people from all different backgrounds and it has been very easy for me to get along with everyone I work with. The healthcare isn't the best and it is – more... a little difficult to move up within the company. The nice thing is that I feel that I do my job very well and that I'm appreciated at work, so I feel like I have job security. – less
Friendly Workers
Parts Cleaner (Former Employee), Neenah, WIFebruary 6, 2013
it is a ok place to work if you want to get into the printing world.
What I have learned!
Part-time Tailor (Former Employee), Algoma, WIJanuary 10, 2013
I have learned team work here and how to work as an individual! I have also learned how to follow directions and get along with people for your job even if you dont like them. A positive attitude will go a LONG way!
Great company
Printing Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: long drive
Management was very encouraging to all employees. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish daily goals.
Corporates way or no way!!!
Artist (Former Employee), Franklin, PAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: benefits
The plant I was employed at was bought out by WS. They came in and turned everything upside down. Our plant was very profitable until WS took over. The plant never made money again. Then shut down half the plant since we didn't make money.
Not a bad place to work.
Finisher (Former Employee), Neenah, WIMay 15, 2012
A fast paced work environment with plenty to do. There was the occasional down time, however there would still be something to do. The management was friendly and willing to help when you need it. Most of the people there are friendly and outgoing. I really enjoyed the flexibility of being part-time.
enjoyable work with a long standing compnay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, OHMay 14, 2012
It was a good place to work until the parent company bought us and closed us down
would definitely like more hours and overtime
laborer (Current Employee), Mason, Ohio 45040October 18, 2011
Pros: fair
organized compnay but would like more hours. would like to become a permanent employee instead of working via job temps.

About WS Packaging

WS Packaging Group is one of the largest printing and label converting operations in North America, producing high-quality packaging – Read more