WS Packaging Employee Reviews

Only regret? Not being hired on
Prepress Job Creator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 5, 2017
I worked here as a temp for over a year. It was the first time in a long time that I've had steady work. The hours of my shift would fluctuate since I was here to help someone who was still recovering from medical leave, but everyone from the Customer Service team to Production and Shipping were friendly, helpful, fun and great to work with. Only problems I had were getting a parking spot once I arrived to the office. The work loads would be light to heavy. It all depended on what day of the month it was and who the customer was. Even when they had to cut back on some of the employee events, the atmosphere was upbeat. I would love to have my previous job title back on a more permanent basis, if allowed.
Pros
great people, good area, keeps you busy
Cons
Temporary assignment, not enough parking
do not care for this company
Cell operator (Current Employee) –  Algoma, WIApril 3, 2017
Very unorganized company. They like to change employees hours frequently and not pay people the raises they were promised. They are not consistent with the different shifts which means it will be fine on one shift but the other shifts it is not fine. Very hard to advance with this company unless you know someone. You can be very qualified but they will chose the least qualified because they know them or they are friends with them.
Pros
As much overtime you want, breaks are paid.
Cons
no chance for advancement
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 18, 2017
The people i worked with here just weren't happy with their jobs. Everyone seemed pretty miserable working there but felt stuck to be able to find other work.
Nice coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 30, 2016
good pay, overtime, medium amount of noised, and safe environment.
Label mails
Sort mails
Pack mails
Great place to work,very kind and courteous group of colleagues to be with every day
Clean, climate controlled facility
Acceptable if you desperately need income.
Turret Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work would involve showing up. I came in with 5 years on press, however every suggestion or tip I would offer was ignored. Not sure if they didn't believe me, or felt there was no way anybody else could be right instead of them. It became very frustrating to know I had put the time in to learn what I have, only for this company to literally treat me like another cog in the machine. If you weren't a favored operator you might as well not speak. The job was easy and nothing was enjoyable about it. Not when you have to work every Saturday and every other Sunday.
Pros
I earned a paycheck
Cons
Lack of leadership, no clear cut goals, ignored specific customer instructions for product.
Productive Workplace with kitting tables
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  263 e Oak Street Mcrae Ga 31055October 14, 2016
The typical day consist of clocking in then getting each kitting table what they need individually if they don't already have it, next I would find other small task such as taking cardboard to recycle or help to pull future orders and making sure all parts are in stock and at my disposal, by the time I have completed that they will need me to restock the materials.
Was a great company but has fallen on hard times.
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2016
Lost direction and expanded too rapidly without underlying knowledge of the print industry trends. Now closing plants and adding management without industry experience. The future is uncertain.
Pros
People
Cons
Strategy
fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2016
very hot always stayed busy i learned how to make printing labels and i how to cut stack of them and making orders manage was very cool didnt really have run ins with them
Productive and fast moving, room for moving up in the company
Press Helper (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 26, 2016
Good company communication, learned a lot about printing presses and warehouse work, good employees. Frequent team meetings, lots of management involvement.
interesting place to work.
press kitter (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 30, 2016
It was a fun place to work for. I enjoyed that there was so much to learn and that made it never really boring to be there. the co-workers and management were pretty great. The hardest part of the job at times was keeping up with everything that needed to be done. the most enjoyable parts was learning and correctly doing stuff on the press.
Excellent work environment.
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 12, 2016
While at WSPG, I was given greater responsibilities the longer I was there. Only worked part time (28 hours per week) due to Social Security limitations and insurance reasons. I enjoyed working with the personnel at WSPG and was disappointed when my position was eliminated.
Pros
Friendly emplyees and atmosphere.
Cons
Heating issues in the building.
productive
TURRET OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 27, 2016
very poor management supervisor are to agressive don't knowhow to treat the employees is i nice place just the supervisor need to get more trainning
Cons
short breaks
Friendly enviroment where eveyone works for the same goal
Component Washer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 8, 2015
The workplace is very friendly and everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job is getting everything memorized. What I learned is to ask for help and also to rely on co-workers to achieve the final goals.
Pros
stable hours
management
rewinder/finisher (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 3, 2015
management is very helpful there and they will do what they can to make sure you job is enjoyable. Also the employees are very helpful, they have great pay and benefits
Pros
good management
Enjoyed working with everyone there co-workers & management.
Planning & Estimating (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 24, 2015
I did planning & estimating of printed Wine & Liquor labels. When I left I was the only estimator there, so I had to train an estimator in Wisconsin. I retired in 2010 form WS Packaging.
Pros
Management let me do my job without to much looking over my shoulder.
Cons
Flying to Wisconsin in the winter time.
this is a step up company
Skid Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 14, 2015
Company required a lot of overtime sometimes with no notice, pay below scale, lots of tried unhappy coworkers, lack of communication
Great place to work with many wonderful people to work alongside.
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Ever changing environment with many chances of furthering you knowledge and career in the label manufacturing field. Working hard and some times long, can gain you some great future opportunities.
Pros
Good work environment with good career opportunities.
Cons
Management and supervisors are often changing witch causes friction with employee moral.
Fast paced work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 1, 2015
Maintain the machine so it can operate at highest levels of speed. Take products and box and get it ready for shipping by putting bubble wrap, tapping it up and then onto the pallet.

I learned how to manage my time when things get hectic and still get the job done the right way.

I never really saw management unless there was a company meeting or if they were going to change my work schedule.

Hardest part of the job had to be Learning how to operate machines i have never ran with minimal mistakes.
Pros
Was getting plenty of overtime
Cons
Changing my schedule to accommodate there needs almost on the daily.
Great people to work with also very understanding.
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJune 25, 2015
Great people to work with, but stressful environment. Management was understanding with personal situations and worked with you best they could.
The BEST place i have ever worked at.
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJune 10, 2015
This is by far the best company i have ever worked for. They offer great benefits, have excellent employees as well as management, and make the job fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WS Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval