WSFS Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great work/life balance and culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PAMay 4, 2016
Really try to make sure you are happy and the right fit for position. Focused on Human Capital and having a comfortable work environment
Pros
Company culture focus on employee satisfaction as well as customers
Cons
Health insurance is really high.
Productive and fun Workplace
Personal Banker II (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 29, 2016
The Company has many Training programs to help develop their associates. WSFS also tries to make your workplace fun. They seem to frown upon promoting from within and hire outside of the Bank for upper Management positions as well as Back office Positions, rather than giving the associates that want to move up a chance to.
fun job
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 22, 2015
May, 2014 Cash Connect Newark, DE
Receptionist
▪ Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone
▪ Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
▪ Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
non
productive, fun workplace , everyone helps each other so that the Customer is not affected
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  409 Silverside RdDecember 18, 2015
keying deposit verifying amounts ,Accounts and import files to FED and WELLS balancing work and doing EOD Processing. check for duplicates create EOD spread sheet. Send emails to Managers on how the night went
Claims to be something they're not...
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 14, 2015
WSFS claims to be a bank that views its employees as "more than just a number"....yeah right. If you have anything to complain about at all, you might as well start looking for a new job. That's exactly what happened to me. My complaints about one of their training staff went not just completely unheeded, but I was basically told that this guy had been working with them for ten plus years, so shut up. They "chose to transition me from the bank" due to two minor customer complaints, where my actions were backed by company policy. There was little coaching. There was no probation period or suspension. No. Instead, they chose to fire a bride who was only 54 days away from her wedding at the time, and also a diabetic who was on their insurance benefits without any warning.
Pros
Free food. Offers direct deposit and almost immediate benefits/PTO
Cons
Everything else
Family oriented workplace, largest ATM network in Delaware
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 27, 2015
WSFS is an excellent place to work. They not only value their customers they value their employees. They DON'T product push!
Great bank to learn from to further your career and find success in the business world.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 7, 2014
WSFS Bank truly cares about its employees. It is a great place to work because of the family environment that is created throughout the entire bank. I interned in three different departments in the bank and each one was very unique and interesting. Each one taught me a lot of interesting things about the bank and where I would find success in the banking world based off of my own skills and experience.
Vverall, it was a healthy, satisfying experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, Delaware, USAMay 16, 2012
A regular weekly time schedule ( 40 hrs) - I always looked forward to.

I learned that punctuality and reliability were key factors for Customer Service and the job as a whole.

Management was always there to help, was very friendly and approachable and professional.

Most of the co workers were very cooperative.

Handling difficult demanding customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to handle difficult demanding customers in a polite/ firm manner, knowing at the back of your mind that the company would stand by you.
Pros
loved cutomer service
Cons
location lead to security issues at times
Results Driven Bank
Loan Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2014
My day started reviewing prior days reports for any errors to be fixed . Reviewed accounts in que and on general ledger, Contacted client to secure late mortgage payments and set up repayment plan to avoid forclosure.Reported late payments to Sallie Mae. Attended staff meeting when necessary. Hard part sometimes getting in touch with the client to set up a repayment plan .
Pros
free lunches
Liked the duties
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 13, 2013
My immediae manager and I had a good working relationship. I liked the ability to schedule travel, seminars, speakers, accommodations for the new product being offered. I prepared correspondence, submitted expenses, handled a team that reported to my manager with regard to mail, phone coverage, reviews, training new clerical/admin staff, etc.
Pros
liked my mgr
Cons
no room for advancement
Great work environment and helpful/encouraging management.
Internship Program - WSFS Bank (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 23, 2015
Greatly enjoyed my time with WSFS Bank. Felt like I was a meaningful part of the organization. Great environment and management.
Fun and interesting place to work... if you like accounting.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 28, 2013
I have to admit, accounting has never been my strong suit. Although I generally liked all of my coworkers and superiors, the way the systems and rules worked often left me very confused and frustrated. The customers were very kind and so were the managers... for the most part. As an intern I was unable to do many of the functions full-time employees were able to do, which left many customers feeling frustrated when I was forced to tell them to wait for someone else assist them. Not only that, but I was always asked to work Friday and Saturday which wouldn't be an issue if I were not working 10 hours on Friday and then from 8-3:30pm on Saturday. This is a great place to work... permanently. As an intern I often felt left out and useless, but the environment was very supportive.
Pros
community involvement, sense of unity in workplace, sensible hours.
Cons
not good as temporary position/
Great Company to Work For
Systems Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2013
All in all, this is a fantastic company to work for. I've learned almost everything about Information Technology at WSFS Bank. The most enjoyable part about my job is making other Associate's jobs easier.
Pros
flexible schedule, work from home occassionally
Cons
takes a long time to get a job offer
The company is good at providing excellent customer service.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 2, 2013
3.5 stars - Required to work 8-5 no flexibility with hours. Cannot be promoted above current position, my current position does not match my skillset.
Pros
nice environment, friendly staff
Cons
distance, growth opportunities, pay
WSFS Bank is a great place to work.
Commercial/Deposit Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 20, 2013
WSFS Bank is a great place to work. A regional bank with a stellar reputation for doing the right thing. It is a company where Associates are empowered with the tools and resources to provide world class service to bank Customers.
Productive place to work
Treasury Operations Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 17, 2012
WSFS Was a great company to work for, but my job did not fit the department I was assigned too. I am still able to be employed should I choose to be reassigned at a lower salary.
Pros
human sigma
Cons
not up to date on changes regarding individuality.
A great company to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Millsboro DelawareOctober 3, 2013
Typical day consisted of processing teller transactions, opening accounts, and performing various audit duties. Great people to work with. Everybody gets along great. Could not say anything but great things about branch management.
Great Company to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 5, 2013
Great place to work. Wonderful colleagues who want to excel and provide the best service for their customers. However the branch I worked at has a very low foot traffic rate which made the days unbearable after a while.
A solid business to work for
Accounting Specialist, Controllers Dept (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work included morning reconciling for the Trust department. Deposits, and then special project assistance.
Pros
good resource access
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Fast paced work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 29, 2014
Customer satisfaction a priority. Friendly staff. Training could have been more in depth.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
job security.

4.2