WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

Great Company
Construction Inspector II/Senior Inspector (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I have enjoyed my 9 plus years with WSP/PB. They are the company that gave me the opportunity to pursue a career in construction inspection and I don't plan to leave the company anytime soon.
Do not care about the people in the trenches
Inspector (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 2, 2017
They lay people off with no regards for that persons livelihood. They lay people off for 5-6 months a year. I would not recommend this job for anyone who is looking stable work. The only people that prosper at WSP is the mid-level or upper management.
Pros
Cons
lay-off, favoritism, cut throat
Fun environment
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 19, 2017
Fun and exciting place to work. Fun people, management was great and easy to get along with. Free food on several occasions while setting up the office.
High turnover
Biller (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PADecember 27, 2016
You are just a nameless unimportant face in a sea of many. Management not concerned with high turnover. Employees are treated like a dime a dozen. Hence the revolving door of employees coming in and out.

A lot of favoritism and cliques. Feels like back in high school.

Workload not equally divided. Some employees work overtime to complete work while others watch Netflix because they have nothing to do.

They lie about room for advancement. There is very little as they like to hire from the outside for open positions.
Pros
Alternate work schedule available.
Cons
Compensation, medical benefits, puppet managers
They do not care about their employees
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTDecember 10, 2016
Do not work for this company,they do not care about their employees,They laid me off after hiring me on furlough,after 8 months they said wait to 2017
Pros
Cons
Pour care for emplyees well being

Comment – December 13, 2016

This company hired me as an inspector and kept me on furlough for a year. Then once the job finally came out from all the re bids, they put the job back out for re hire. I know the chief inspector that was to work with me was so irate about this he said he would never apply to WSP again and tell every inspector he/I come across to never work for this company. All you are is a number on a piece of paper, no family orientation what so ever.

Revolving door
Biller (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PASeptember 22, 2016
This may be a great company if you are at a higher level. However,for those that are lower on the ladder, you are just a number. The turn over rate speaks volumes. They do not offer competitive wages, even though they are a world wide company. The benifit package is minimal. I had a better package working for a smaller company, and didn't pay near as much either. Also, they are not as big on promoting within as they claim. Many of my co-workers found it a very difficult process.
Pros
Gym, nice break area
Cons
Benifits, wage, lack of local growth
Professional, worked on large scale projects and experiencing
Engineering Intern II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Transportation: Highways and Roads
Quantity and Estimates
Reviewing plans
TxDot

These are some of the things that I experienced working for the company.
Growing company and committed to excellence
Principal Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2016
I am learning a lot with this company and would highly recommend anyone who is capable to join. Everyday is a new challenge.