WSP USA Employee Reviews

Housing Inspector
Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2018
I learned time management , long working hours, I enjoyed the diversity working environment, and working with people to help them with there immediate needs.
Pros
Scheduling work load
Cons
Waiting on expense payments
Stressful but organized work environment.
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Stressful but organized work environment.
Upper management way over-payed.
Some of the upper management not even qualified for position.
Clean, safe and enjoyable employees.
WSP is a low-paying, poorly managed company
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2018
WSP is a large corporate company that does not care about individual employees. Benefits and compensation are not good. Company does not offer bonuses and raises are small.
Good Place to Work
Sr. Principal Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
- Worked with a variety of people (multi-cultural).
- Refined ability to develop time tables toward meeting deadlines.
- Higher level personnel with very specific skills have a more difficult time getting new jobs after one project is complete even though company tries.
Pros
Significant autonomy as long as goals are being achieved
Cons
Highly susceptible to client perceptions
Great company to work for
Structural Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
working for WSP has been a great experience. I enjoyed the peers with relaxed culture. we all were serious with our work yet are very helpful to each other if we needed help. I got along with everyone in the office with their different background and different work areas. it was a great experience.
Pros
great culture with great peers
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2017
I was there for a short time as an intern, but while I was there I was welcomed by the other employees warmly. My co-workers answered every question I had and wanted me to succeed.
Perfect workplace to learn and Grow
Geotechnical & Tunnelling Engineering- Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2017
I am working since 5 months with WSP. I was working as an Intern in Bridge Inspection Department and currently, working with Geo-technical Group. It is best place to learn variety of different aspects.
Progressive, Challenging, Professional, and Satisfying
Senior Plumbing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC / Richmond, VAJuly 22, 2017
I would highly recommend this company to any young engineer that is serious about growth and experience in their career. Opportunities for advancement and interaction with highly skilled professionals abound in a supportive and professional environment that utilizes cutting edge technologies, information systems and software.
Pros
Excellent benefits package, supportive environment, exciting projects, company sponsored social events and activities.
Cons
Somewhat demanding workload, occasional overlapping deadlines, multi-tasking and reacting productively to change is part of the daily routine.
Difficult work environment
Plate Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work: CYA.
I learned to keep my head down & not join the "clique".
Management is unapproachable & untouchable.
Culture: produce or get written up, unless you're in said "clique".
Hardest part of the job: meeting quotas daily.
Enjoyable part of the job: you can wear headphones and listen to music, pod casts, books on cd and pretty much be left alone.
It's micro managed and there are cameras everywhere, EVERYWHERE except in the bathrooms.
Pros
Headphones
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Overworked, Underpaid, Mismanaged
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAMay 30, 2016
The facility was being remodeled so much of my position was throwing away old files for the first couple of days with very little direction. The billing assistant position was a great learning opportunity, but asking that this be a job with the administrative position and having to clean out old files to update the office was too much for one person. The job should have been made for two people. I was also asked to maintain HR files but was not permitted to look at them.
Pros
Free Coffee with variety of Keurig options
Cons
Position should have been two full time not one.
Very Productive and great atmosphere
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Learned and was apart of many different types of accounting projects. Had the chance to experience all the different types of accounting there is. Very knowledgable field.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Very Flexible
Office Manager and Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Greentree, PAFebruary 18, 2014
This company is extremely flexible and understands managing work and home. I am a dedicated employee and when I need to take care of my children, this company allows me to work from home and also gave me email on my phone to answer emails at anytime. As a contracts manager, I can do my job without leaving my office all day,but I enjoy interaction with people and that is lacking within our office due to recent cut back and with people choosing to leave.
Pros
The technical nnowledge and becoming the contracts manager has increased my job skills.
Cons
Office has become depressing due to layoffs and people leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSP USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8