Wuesthoff Health System Employee Reviews

just one of the big 3
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLNovember 8, 2017
at one time, long ago, WHS "cared" about employees and work place conditions. soon smokers had "rights", and the non-smokers had to work through breaks to meet the production percentage goals.
Wuesthoff Hospital
Procedure Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FL 32955August 28, 2017
I would get authorization for the hospital ,by calling insurance companies. Scheduling patients for x-rays and other procedure. Explaining the prep for some of the procedures. Boss was great easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was having to talk to someone that really could not hear very well. The enjoyable part was my co-workers.
Pros
work hours
Cons
having to leave the job
I was proud to work for the company, it is a real asset to the community.
H R Coordinator, Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Wuesthoff Health Systems as both an Accounts Payable clerk and as Human Resources Coordinator. I was proud of the organization and the work they did.
Not a job for the faint at heart.
RN (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 30, 2017
Very fast paced, staffing based on census not acuity. Staff is great, very supportive of each other. Due to 12 hours shifts you get 4 days off a week.
Pros
Staff is great.
Cons
Not enough time in 12 hours to do all the work required.
wuesthoff hospital
Registered Nurse, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 23, 2017
wuesthoff is the most lousy hospital I work in thru out my entire nursing career, since 2014 to 2017 this hospital has been sold 3 times, and they have lots of traveller who don't care.
Love it
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 14, 2016
Great bosses and lots of support and room to learn and grow. The management is helpful, but gives you a chance to solve problems on your own.
Decent 1st hospital for 1st job.
Therapist (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 2, 2016
This is a good place to work if your beginning you career or at the end looking forward to retirement. It's a good place to work in a pinch or as a seasonal temp.
Pros
It's a job.....paycheck
Cons
Ancillary departments treated like "fecal matter.".
Wuesthoff Hospital Rehab
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 22, 2015
At Wuesthoff Health Systems the Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluating and treating patients in the acute and outpatient settings. The rehabilitation department works demonstrates excellent interdisciplinary skills. The rehab directors are excellent and are very helpful and encouraging. It definitely makes a difference when working. The hardest part of my job is when the hospital senses is very low and there is not enough work.
Fast pace acute care facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockledge FlOctober 1, 2015
Busy work place with many patients. Very fast pace and always on your toes for something could happen at the drop of a dime. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of sick people and knowing that you were the one who helped nurse them back to health.
Work at Wuesthoff
Patient customer service & patient advocate (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FloridaAugust 10, 2015
At times it was a fast paced job and required that we get patients to their tests on time.

I enjoyed learning new medical terminology and medical codes.
Pros
Work hours and health insurance
Cons
managers
Excellent leadership
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLMay 11, 2015
I have enjoyed learning and developing my professional career with the health system. I have been fortunate to complete undergrad and graduate school while working in the system.
Customers first
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Basic knowledge of accounting, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to analyze information and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and professional verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a team setting.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a large workload in stressful situations.
- Ability to multitask.
- Familiarity with human anatomy and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet process time standards.
- Ability to provide professional and courteous service in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to navigate through various hospital software applications, including Epic ADT/Prelude, Cadence, Epicare, Referrals and Auth/Cert applications.
- Ability to navigate and maneuver through multiple web site
Pros
Meet guidelines, time sensative
Cons
Sales
Perect place to get a perception of the workforce
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLMarch 10, 2013
I started volunteering from the age of 14 for almost 3 years and i enjoyed every minute of it.
This was what I called my first job because it was hands on, and fast paste. I volunteered in several departments of the Hospital and was never afraid to try something new.
Every day is a diffrent Day.
Safety/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at work is always exciting and expecting the unexpected. What i've learned is how to deal with people under stress and how to comfort them in bad times. My management has treated me with respect and always willing to help me with anything. The hardest part of my job is dealing with Baker Act Patients because these patients come in a different state of mind and its hard to make them understand that we are there to help them. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people every day and when you are able to satify a visitor or patient its very rewarding.
Pros
working with great hospital staff
Cons
being short handed with staff