Wunderman Employee Reviews

Fast paced, quick turnaround environment
Senior Art Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2018
The people around me on a day to day basis is what has kept me there. My co-workers are super talented kind people. As of late the creative team has been asked to turn around work at an even faster pace. Work life balance is beginning to suffer.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
slipping work life balance
Wunderman
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Work from home great
Great web team
management not good a communicating or understand the web development. They are stuck in the 1990's with there ideas of web development.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor communication skills
Lots of snacks, land grabs, not enough work
Senior Account Planner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2018
It's a good place to go and check out! You can leave your ambitions at the door. We've resigned ourselves to being the production agency who takes direction from lead AOR. If complacency is cool, definitely give them a try.
Pros
Snacks!
Cons
Tactical projects, order-taking
Meh
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Most siloed working experience in my life. Horrible management but, compensation was pretty decent and I had a lot of freedom. Very sterile work environment and unfriendly. If you are into that sort of thing, this is the place for you.
Pros
Freedom to come and go
Cons
siloed, management, invisible
Great benefits/lousy pay
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 7, 2017
You can't beat the benefits, especially the vacation allowance, so long as you're not too busy to take your vacation, but the pay, and the pay raises in particular, are lousy.
Overall Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2017
People who work there are great but incredibly young.

Great company if you want to start small with zero budget and a constant fear they are going to lose their #1 client.

Overall company is very diverse.
Great big advertising machine
Vice President Digital Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Wunderman is seemingly endlessly mired in the complexities of matrix management, highly competitive client teams, demanding clients, and often struggling internal resources

A victim of its own considerable success it is a great place to work if you can manage the culture and stay on top of your management and client situations
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Competition for resources, cut-throat culture
Great people to work with
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
The team is great to work with and the benefits are very comforting. It's very laid back and casual clothing is acceptable. Most people here are recent local graduates. Working from home is great and they do have an internship program that has improved very well. The best thing I like here is that I can leave work at work and go home without being interrupted.
Pros
Great number of days off, and casual clothing
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great team
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
This is a place with a lot of great people who are genuinely talented and gifted at what they do.
I've made some lasting friendships here, which is hard to do in today's rapid fire agency life.
I would say that career advancement is possible, as long as you fight for it and your manager champions you.
Pros
team
Cons
senior leadership
Fantastic Corporate Culture
Account (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2017
Wunderman DC is a fast-paced, always-on work environment. While it can be a stressful, the people are great. It is one of the only places I have worked where people stay because of one another, because of the great culture. People are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
Little-to-no work/life balance.
Lots of opportunity--global leader in Direct Marketing
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Wunderman is a world wide leader in Direct Marketing--each time I felt I needed a new challenge a different opportunity presented itself. I would recommend the Agency to anyone looking to build a strong foundation in Advertising with top tier brands.
Great people, casual dress, relaxed environment
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Great, stable company. Generally, managers are very flexible with schedules and time off for personal reasons (doctor, etc.). Working remotely is generally acceptable but can vary depending on your department and specific responsibilities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary less than average
interesting job
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
this is my first job to work with computer, Wunderman had been made me interesting in computer. so I work hard, work more because I need to learn, because it is interesting, I love this job
Fun work place, extremely inefficient
Other (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Coworkers love to play and work is always delayed. Many of the core systems crash multiple times a week. Technical teams are extremely slow to respond. Large gaps in age in the departments making it a struggle to communicate. Most of the time blame is pushed over the fence and very hard to get things done. Most of my day is spent fixing everyone else's issues making it difficult to move forward with my duties.
If you love to slack off, come to work late, and have others do your work, this is the place for you.
Pros
come in late, paid lunches, fun people
Cons
you clean up a lot of work that isn't yours, computer systems dying causing massive cleanup efforts, no one admits fault, hard to get anyone to solve problems
OK place to work
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2016
Was a nice place to work at first but went downhill as the job went on. Was ready to move on by the time I left. Got a better job afterwards.
Digital Art Director (Current Employee) –  Santiago, MNDecember 13, 2015
Wunderman chile is a very good place to work and learn, we work hard but we have very good time there! The people there is very nice and everybody is willing to teach the knowledge.
Pros
small park behind the workplace
Cons
low salary
Working in advertising was very stimulating and always presented challenges that I thrived on embarking on.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I truly enjoyed going to work every day and working for a manager that enjoyed that I took the reigns and got my job done. The work was interesting and I had the opportunity to work with colleagues that still remain in my social network today.
Pros
Flexible schedule (able to work from home), great pay and yes free lunches!
Cons
Often there were very long hours and the commute to New York City could be tiring.
Great neighborhood, young and smart people
MANAGER, MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Advertising is a fast-paced environment that can quickly change due to loss or win of accounts. Long hours and weekend work. Fun employee events.
see below
Manager, Office of the Chairman & CEO (Current Employee) –  Manager, Office of the Chairman & CEOFebruary 12, 2015
A typical work is not a typical day. Working in the CEO's office you need to be flexible and be able to deal with all types of requests. Sorting emails, handling calls, getting briefs ready, making changes to the schedule, dealing with other C-level staff and their assistants, etc.
Pros
the best technology
Executive Assistant at Digital Advertising Agency
Executive Assistant to the Founder and CIMO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
My day consists of supporting two high profile advertising executives. I manage an extremely heavy calendar for both executives. I communicate with current and potential clients via email. And monitor both my and both executives email accounts.

I have worked for the founder, which is the "father of direct marketing" since 2007 to present. He is not only a famous ad executive, but has an art collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I have had the pleasure of being exposed to both the digital advertising and art world simultaneously. Therefore, manage both business and personal affairs for him.
Pros
My position is like an education in advertising.