Wunderman Employee Reviews

Fantastic Corporate Culture
Account (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2017
Wunderman DC is a fast-paced, always-on work environment. While it can be a stressful, the people are great. It is one of the only places I have worked where people stay because of one another, because of the great culture. People are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
Little-to-no work/life balance.
Lots of opportunity--global leader in Direct Marketing
Senior Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Wunderman is a world wide leader in Direct Marketing--each time I felt I needed a new challenge a different opportunity presented itself. I would recommend the Agency to anyone looking to build a strong foundation in Advertising with top tier brands.
Great people, casual dress, relaxed environment
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Great, stable company. Generally, managers are very flexible with schedules and time off for personal reasons (doctor, etc.). Working remotely is generally acceptable but can vary depending on your department and specific responsibilities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary less than average
interesting job
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2017
this is my first job to work with computer, Wunderman had been made me interesting in computer. so I work hard, work more because I need to learn, because it is interesting, I love this job
Fun work place, extremely inefficient
Other (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Coworkers love to play and work is always delayed. Many of the core systems crash multiple times a week. Technical teams are extremely slow to respond. Large gaps in age in the departments making it a struggle to communicate. Most of the time blame is pushed over the fence and very hard to get things done. Most of my day is spent fixing everyone else's issues making it difficult to move forward with my duties.
If you love to slack off, come to work late, and have others do your work, this is the place for you.
Pros
come in late, paid lunches, fun people
Cons
you clean up a lot of work that isn't yours, computer systems dying causing massive cleanup efforts, no one admits fault, hard to get anyone to solve problems
OK place to work
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2016
Was a nice place to work at first but went downhill as the job went on. Was ready to move on by the time I left. Got a better job afterwards.
Digital Art Director (Current Employee) –  Santiago, MNDecember 13, 2015
Wunderman chile is a very good place to work and learn, we work hard but we have very good time there! The people there is very nice and everybody is willing to teach the knowledge.
Pros
small park behind the workplace
Cons
low salary
Working in advertising was very stimulating and always presented challenges that I thrived on embarking on.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I truly enjoyed going to work every day and working for a manager that enjoyed that I took the reigns and got my job done. The work was interesting and I had the opportunity to work with colleagues that still remain in my social network today.
Pros
Flexible schedule (able to work from home), great pay and yes free lunches!
Cons
Often there were very long hours and the commute to New York City could be tiring.
Great neighborhood, young and smart people
MANAGER, MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Advertising is a fast-paced environment that can quickly change due to loss or win of accounts. Long hours and weekend work. Fun employee events.
see below
Manager, Office of the Chairman & CEO (Current Employee) –  Manager, Office of the Chairman & CEOFebruary 12, 2015
A typical work is not a typical day. Working in the CEO's office you need to be flexible and be able to deal with all types of requests. Sorting emails, handling calls, getting briefs ready, making changes to the schedule, dealing with other C-level staff and their assistants, etc.
Pros
the best technology
Executive Assistant at Digital Advertising Agency
Executive Assistant to the Founder and CIMO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
My day consists of supporting two high profile advertising executives. I manage an extremely heavy calendar for both executives. I communicate with current and potential clients via email. And monitor both my and both executives email accounts.

I have worked for the founder, which is the "father of direct marketing" since 2007 to present. He is not only a famous ad executive, but has an art collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I have had the pleasure of being exposed to both the digital advertising and art world simultaneously. Therefore, manage both business and personal affairs for him.
Pros
My position is like an education in advertising.
Cons
Overall Wunderman was a place you can count as family
Project Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  3 columbus circleSeptember 9, 2014
In the past 28 working at Wunderman I was able to grow and train young talent for a career in Marketing.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I won't stop believing....
Interactive PM (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2014
Wunderman was a great place to work. It tested my ability to keep my nerves intact and how to play a good prank. For a mid-level move this is a great agency, but their lack of agility can be frustrating. This causes high turn over, under resourced departments, uncertainty with clients and management to put on a veil that freaks everyone out. All stated should be expected of a client that size, but I still believe they will evolve into a stronger agency.
Great Advertising Agency
TV Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2014
Exciting and progressive ad agency! Working with some of the best and biggest clients in the world.
Fun fast paced environment.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 4, 2014
Very busy as usual for agency life. Client is Best Buy and it is a very fun, social, innovative agency with an amazing staff who all works together as a team.
Peaks and Valleys
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2014
It is incredibly fast paced, especially in the first 3 months! The people are great to work with although management seemed to overlook a lot of individual's hard work if they were not working on that project as well. There is opportunity for huge accomplishment on the project/client/personal level, however management has many blind spots. Work/life balance is promoted throughout the company but DOES NOT apply to project managers who, as an unspoken rule, are expected to work 45-70 hours a week without compensation.
Pros
Working from home, Good Clients, enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
additional work is expected for no compensation for project managers
Great experience, but prepare for volatility
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2013
Everyone says it's prudent to have agency experience under your belt, and Wunderman is a great place to cut your teeth. As with any agency, the company is chock full of innovation and creativity but unfortunately a lack of process and disonnect between global and local markets stifles that.

Overall, a decent place to put in a couple of years.
Pros
Fun work environment, great talent
Cons
Work hours can be harsh, little room for upward growth, lack of process
Excellent Company
Systems Migration Engineer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2013
Excellent Boss, excellent team, excellent employees. Work everyday included serving IT needs.
Hip place to work with fun atmosphere
Client Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2013
Very "cool" marketing firm which doesn't seem to value its employees a whole lot
Fun place to be
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2013
When I first started there it was an amazing experience. I got to learn a lot of great things from some great people.
Pros
nice atmosphere, great people
Cons
became very corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wunderman. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval