Wurth Louis and Company Employee Reviews

Not Wurth it
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 15, 2017
Wurth has some great people, but has a lot of people that have only done this one job, or have not had a lot of other work expereince therefore this is a lot of 'we have always done this, we have never done that...'
Pros
not many
Cons
no work/life balance - no new positions despite growing greatlt last decade
long days
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 3, 2017
I learned a lot at this company and used to think it was a good company to work for. In the last couple of years that has drastically changed. Good luck!
Great company with good benifits
Coatings Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2015
Initiated sales with coatings product for Wurth Louis and Company. Developed sales staff and trained shops to correctly use products. Promoted company and team with education and application classes. Achieved 'Expert' rating for job from manufacturer. he continual product push from competition is hard to train sales team on overcoming as an obstacle. In a position now that doesn't offer any advancement for my education, skills or management capabilities.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Position advancement restricted
Wurth Louis and Company
Purchasing and Logistics Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 26, 2015
I worked in the United States with a leading provider of quality products to the woodworking industry called Würth Louis and Company. During this internship, I worked headquarter of company and learned how to use SAP. I gained exposure to all aspects of the supply chain, including purchasing, port, storage, warehousing, customs and shipping. I just worked 3 months there as an buyer assistant.
during internship process;

• I collated purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies.
• I followed the status of any orders.
• I ensured that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment, checked to unit prices, amounts and dates in the invoices.
• I checked daily internal transfers and products stock in SAP.
• I maintained supllier for helped the senior buyer.
• I made daily transfers between branches.
Base Compensation is okay
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  FremontMay 14, 2015
Starting compensation for hourly employees are okay, don't expect much raise. There also isn't much room for career development.
Pros
Benefits are not bad.
Cons
too much micromanagement and not enough employees to get daily work done
Great Company ... but being affected by the Sluggish Economy
Customer Service / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 15, 2015
Wurth Louis is a GREAT Company to work with; unfortunately it appears to be suffering from either 'Growing Pains' or from the sluggish economy as there have been several Reductions-In-Force. The Management though appears to be extremely supportive of the employees that have been laid off.
love the job, but no where to advance
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2014
I deliver cabinet supplies through out the Las Vegas area, I love working with the public. I have learned a lot about the cabinet industry, but I have no where to advance with this company.
Pros
love working with the public
Cons
no where to advance
Old school way of doing everything
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brea caNovember 23, 2013
If you need a place to work it's k but not for a career.definelty needs to update and make changes
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
A lot of overtime, very disorganized, lacking if full training, not everyone is on same page or pulls there weight
Excellent company
Controller (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 19, 2013
Forward thinking/innovative/fun place to work.

Great people/great products
Stable company - lacking promotion opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 1, 2012
This is not a bad place to work. Company lacks promotion opportunities but is a stable place to work if you don't mind doing the same job for 5-15 years. Pay increases are not merit based.
Pros
excellent health care benefits, excellent products, nice people to work with
Cons
limited promotion opportunities, pay increases not merit based, limited training opportunities