Wurth USA Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work for
Tool Crib attendant/Inside Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
Coming into Wurth I was treated well and paid well for the services that I provided for the company that I was contracted for. I would highly recommend anyone who want's to be part of a team that's able to take on any obstacles and willing to do anything to take car and satisfy the needs for the customer! Many different learning opportunities along with a lot of different work areas you can get into.
Pros
Good Pay, Knowledgable Co-workers, oppurtunities to move around and aquite new knowledge
Cons
N/A
run around sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West CoastMarch 9, 2016
A sales job that will grind you into the ground. Limited salary and advancement opportunity. Poor sales support. Good opportunity to practice repetition in sales calls.
good company
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2016
can't really complain about anything with this company they have given me everything I need to succeed. company car and plenty of room for advancement
Productive job with ping pong table
Payroll Administrator / Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJanuary 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the Ping Pong table in the basement. Management needs a bit more improvement. You do learn a lot when you ask questions, but if you just repeat your day to day task, no new knowledge will be learned.
Poorly managed company
outside sales (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 3, 2015
Went through an interview process. HR then Regional manager then finally to the district manager. I was even taken along with the district manager to see what a typical day was like. Ordering of parts was so tedious. After the 13 hours I spent with the manager you would think they would come right out and tell me if I was hired or not. It's sad when the employee must follow up multiple times to finally hear bad news.

Guess what managers. Recognize when you have a good hire. Now I see why you have gone through 4 sales guys in the last year. Oh and your pay structure is horrible. It's mainly based off new sales which are near impossible to get when you are too busy servicing your own accounts.

Poorly managed company.
Pros
It's a German company
Cons
pay plan, poor management, time management, new sales
internal work experience
outside sales district mgr vive president division (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 4, 2015
20 years dealing with commercial companies in product instruction
service selling dealing with all employees form top management to
blue collar workers
Pros
na
Cons
na
Most mismanaged company ever
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  NY, PA, NJ, CTDecember 18, 2014
This company treats their own employees horrible. The office does not have your back and accounts receivable department is useless. Management picks their favorites and forgets about anyone else. You could probably be dead for days before they even know cause there is no communication. Management will stab you in the back by saying you have assigned territory then send someone else in to steal your prospects. So not only do you compete with other companies now you have to compete with your so called teammates. Oh if you want to be management you have to be a bad sales rep. thats the only way you get promoted. Cant come up with a compensation plan that really benefits the sales rep. Oh and they say you have a base salary but your base salary is a % of your monthly sales, THATS CALLED A COMMISION. If you are lucky you will only make $35k per year.No wonder the company has a turn over rate of 37% of sales reps. Only benefit is you have flexibility because you make your own schedule.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management, pay plan, no communication
Great place to work!!! Team minded co workers helpful in all areas
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJNovember 19, 2014
Wurth USA gave me experience I needed in sales. They had awesome training meetings that gave confident sales force in each product you sold for them. My typical day would be leaving my home going right into a route of customers in each city I was assigned and taken care of the customer base. At the time I worked there they had a few problems with management lacking personal skills dealing with employees. But the co-workers all worked as a team and was always helpful to each other. My hardest part of the job was understanding the car business and how it worked with Body shops and Service Shops with the products we sold. And the most enjoyable part of my job was my wonderful Customers. I loved going to work just to see them and be able to solve problems that they had to make them profits in there business and in helping them achieve their goals.
You get out what you put in
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day consist of making 11-18 calls/ stops a day from 9-5.
A 20 day route plan is your life support, without it you will struggle. Creating new business opportunity is critical, so having meetings set up daily is a great way to achieve growth.
Your only as good as your team, so if you have any questions it was always convenient to hear someone else's story or strategy to overcome objectives.
Management varies such as all people vary, everyone is different.
Hardest part of the job depends on how hard you make it. The job itself is easy.
Most enjoyable part of the job is scheduling as you are your own boss, treating it as your own company, you get out what you put in.
See Previous Review
FT Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2014
Please see previous review Very disorganized, very poor management, not allowed to order customer parts needed, had to wait on headquarters, resulting in late shipments to customers.
Pros
please see previous review
Cons
please see previous review
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Productive. i learned picking and packing and packing and how to receive package.
Cons
we had 10 min break at 10am and half hour at 12 and 10min at 2
One of the leading suppliers of high-quality automotive parts, products, and services. Extensive catalog of hardware, chemicals, fasteners, hand tool
Territory Manger-Colorado (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaDecember 11, 2013
Was Salesman of the year. Very competitive company. Very demanding and goal driven. Out in the field everyday hunting for new business. All employees where great.
Pros
responsible for my own success
Cons
high end product in a very price conscience industry
fun place to work and plenty of sales contests
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJOctober 21, 2013
Always offered some sort of contest each month and very generous rewards for meeting or exceeding sales goals.
Challenging
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2013
Freedom to move around visiting customers. A lot of interaction with people. Problem solver. Loved satisfying customers.
Good company, Sold the long straw.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  StatesAugust 19, 2013
Work at least 65 hours a week to be successful. Especially at the startup.
Productive and fun place to work
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oregon, SW WashingtonJuly 26, 2013
Typical day is from seven to six. Taking care of emails and pricing adjustments first thing in the morning. Visiting top customers promoting value added services and filling orders. Co-workers are the best in the business. Hardest part of the job, is keeping the GP around 72%. The most enjoyable part of Wurth USA are relationships that are built with customers.
Worst job I have every had...bad compensation and terrible benefits
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 4, 2013
Management not honest about pay and commission structure...conflicting details about expectations...Office support at headquarters treats sales people as second class citizens
Pros
good values
Cons
poor support from corporate office...worst pay structure i have ever seen
Stable company in the market.
Credit Associate (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJApril 23, 2013
Supervisors allow thier personal relationships with employees to influnce thier decision.
Pros
stable company
Cons
not upholding thier own policys.
You grow your territory, your income does not!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  43147April 15, 2013
My manager was stretched over a wide territory so assistance was difficult. My territory and driving requirements cost me more than the mileage reimbursement that was given. No company car, cell phone, computer, or expense account for food or office supplies. Growth expectations are not designed to encourage a long term career.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
cost you money to earn money
Excellent Management, CEO, and Monetary Rewards for Hard Work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJFebruary 9, 2013
This company is lead by the best CEO who has excellent character while producing impressive profits and truly developing human capital. It is a best company to work for. In this economy especially, this company stands out as five stars for employee morale, profits, and company culture. Anyone who gets to work for WURTH USA is very fortunate.
Pros
excellent benefits, monetary reward, company culture, company morale, ceo results, mission and vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wurth USA. Our community is ready to answer.