WVU Healthcare Employee Reviews

Incompetent management
Nutrition care (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 19, 2017
This was by far the worst job I have had. The hours are awful. Managers reward lazy people and push the hard workers away. The pay was the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Impossible to find management majority of the time, especially when there is an issue. Managers do not know how to schedule whatsoever. They post it and run away before everyone can get it fixed. If you don't stop them, they will take advantage and mess up your hours and then say there is nothing they can do about it. It is a trap and I would not suggest it to anyone ever, at least until they fix management.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything else
Na
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 22, 2017
I loved the job and what I need but management was uncaring, rude, and did not care about their employees. I would work for WVU and if so I would be resource pull. more money, less drama.
NOT where you want to work EVER
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  WvMarch 18, 2017
If you like to be lazy, and let ever one else do the work. This is the place to work. If you are a smoker this is the place for you. You can take as many smoke brakes as you want and each for as long as you want. Management has there pet's that can never do any wrong. Don't go to your manager with a problem. They are to busy talking to the lazy smokers. This is also a place for as much socializing as you can get in in an eight hour shift. Remember everyone else is doing your job.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
You get no respect
Flexibility
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2017
My director was very flexible with my time. This was extremely important. Likewise, my coworkers were awesome! The position changed as time progressed so that provided very welcome challenges and rewards!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Division Dissolved
Terrible management, mostly great employees
Registration (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 27, 2016
This hospital is one of the worst places I have ever worked. There is no room for advancement unless you get on you know someone (i have multiple forms of proof) and throw any experience you have or seniority out the window because it does not matter. Training is a joke, they literally say you will be trained and ready for your job but in actuality you are thrown in unprepared with insufficient training. Most of my coworkers were amazing, they want what is best for the patients but management could care less. Also do not dare to think about doing what is best for a patient or the facility because you will get wrote up for the most ridiculous reasons that will keep you in your role so you can't change positions. If you even make mention to your supervisor/manager that you want to move within the organization you better expect a write up pretty soon after because their whole goal is to keep you where you're at or fire you. They do not care if you have a family and need a different schedule even though you never call off abd don't ask for more pay, but if you're a student prepare for them to do whatever you ask because they love turn over. Also WVU medicine security is the biggest joke I've ever seen, their manager thinks he's law enforcement and expects his employees to behave as such.

I can say I learned a lot in the many years I was here before I gave my notice. I learned how not to treat people, how to do everyone's work and they then get promoted with 0 education and experience, I learned that they choose which policies will be enforced when it benefits them, I also
  more... learned that hardworking people trying to provide for their family are apparently worthless in the eyes of WVU medicine. Stay away from this organization if you want any type of growth with a company.

*sidenote: I have proof for everything said in my review and beyond and hope to help others to make a better choice
Pros
Learning experience, fast paced environment
Cons
Management, pay, schedules, no breaks
Great place to work for!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  10 West / CSDW/ CICUOctober 28, 2016
I have learned so much working at WVU Healthcare. I enjoyed my job and all of the employees. Everyone always worked together. Team work really effects workflow throughout the day!

I work on 10 west/ cardiac stepdown unit! Such amazing people to work with!
Pros
Great Teamwork
Productive workplace with great Co-workers
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 27, 2016
Enjoy working for this company but do not enjoy being a part of the union. Good benefits unless you become ill and need to take time off for awhile, it is hard to get benefits.
I wouldn't recommend WVU Medicine as a place of employment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVAugust 12, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this organization as a place of employment. Some departments had functional departments and were a great place to work but it was not across the board. Manager in my department was clueless on how to complete her job function. She needs to work on her interpersonal skills and learn how to communicate. She often maintained a "deer in the headlight" look. She didn't know her job well enough to answer questions and often had to refer to other managers or the hospital legal department.
bad management
did work there and got treated bad (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 24, 2016
Management is a big joke they don't have your back on nothing, bad place to work and also don't pay enough money. They don't even care about there workers at all. Can't even keep supplies for you
Pros
bad bossesExample: Free lunches, etc.bad
Cons
low pay
Disingenuous employers
Nutrition care assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 21, 2016
These employers pretend that they care about their employees, but what you eventually learn is that they don't. They treat you like you are in kindergarten and remind you that you are replaceable. The last straw for me was imposing the mandatory seasonal flu shot. You either took it, or you lost your job. I've never seen seen so many employees stressed and/or in tears about having to do something they were opposed to just to keep working. Many living paycheck to paycheck. Note: this mandate applied to ALL employees, regardless of whether or not they had contact with patients or the general public. You quickly learn not to apply yourself because in the end, your efforts are all about Just making your boss look good. Also, they send you home for coming in sick, then write you up (disciplinary action) for missing work. Their one-size-fits- all policies destroy employee morale.
Pros
Interacting with the patients
Cons
No opportunity for advanment, no incentive to excell.
Not a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 26, 2016
My experience was not good. My supervisor at the hospital pharmacy was worthless . They had no idea of my job performance. Yet if you speak your mind "your gone". You need to be young and keep your mouth shut to work here.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
They definitely favor there pets.
Not a job for the future
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 23, 2016
Busy work, constant increase in workload, no pay increases with more responsibilities. Unappreciated, little support or recognition from management. Just a number, no one knows your name or bothers to learn it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No advancement, poor working conditions
Horrible place to work.
Linen Services Attend. (Current Employee) –  Westover, WVMay 10, 2016
Management only cares about themselves. They pick and choose their "special pets". If you work hard you get stuck doing others work, but get paid the same or less than the lazy person. The time off you accumulate is also your sick time, and vacation time. The people either think they are above you, or are so narrow minded an ignorant. Don't apply. The only up side to this place is the fact that you have insurance, which in reality unless your healthy is a waste of money.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything about this organization.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  wvApril 30, 2016
worst place ever to work,......do not apply....other people 2nd this remark the management only cared about themselves and their money if you used your time and had an emergency you need off you could of been fired ,....worst place no consideration about employees
Learning and Clinical experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morgantoen, WVApril 18, 2016
General patient care, managing and maintaining ventilator support. Placing patients on bipap and cpap for their sleep apnea.
When patients are turning for the worse in the intensive critical care sites, the doctors, nurses and respiratory therapist work as a team to try and solve, manage the issue.
Maintained vents or patients who are on life support, comforting families when the time comes to withdrawl.
Worked along side core patients.
Pros
Learning experience
Horrible dishonest people
Administrative assistant emergency medicine (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 5, 2016
Terrible company to work for, they make promises they cannot keep. You get fired when you use your pdo that you EARNED. Family member passed away and they expected you to be at work instead of the burial. It's either your family or the job. This place is a joke.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything -too many to list
Fun place to work great staff
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 18, 2015
great place to work great doctors and staff always home to see my family. management was ok, hardest part about this job is that i couldn't stay
No problems here until later.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 16, 2015
See my prior review. As I stated before... the job was satisfactory the enforcement of the mandatory flu vaccine made my continued employment there impossible.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Illegal Mandatory flu vaccine.
Awesome place to work if you get to make own schedule
Staff Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 30, 2015
I loved where I worked and loved the co-workers I had. But, the pay isn't up to par. Loved the EMR system they have. Management does care about you and try to work with your life as much as they can. The best part is you are part of a large medical community.
Pros
co-workers and emr
Cons
pay
Busy and Productive
WVU Urgent Care/Student Health (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 14, 2015
Performing patients vitals
POCT if needed
Phlebotomy
Immunizations

I learned to work quickly and efficiently

Management and co-workers helped when needed.

Hardest part of the job was the shifts and working with childcare.

Most enjoyable was being able to take care of patients in need.