WVU Healthcare

WVU Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive, friendly, and motivating
Student Internship - Cardiac Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 9, 2015
This was an unpaid student internship required to earn my Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science. It was an exciting environment. I assisted and witnessed patients recovering from episodes such as heart attacks, cardiac disease, etc. All of the patients were greatly appreciative of the work we did for them and how comfortable of an environment we created. Although I was there for only 120 hours, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.
Great place to work in caring for patients
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: insurance and good hours
Cons: merlin computer system can be a little confusing, not very user friendly, but can catch on.
Registering patients, preparing them for their appointments. Entering their address, health history, insurance, etc. Taking co-pays form insurance. Preparing the patients charts for the nurses and doctors for the patients appointment. Checking patients out, scheduling return visits to the clinic.
Great staff, nice environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJune 6, 2014
Pros: able to work 4 ten hour days, ample pdo time, good management
Cons: current department does not offer any advancement for me.
Started out doing administrative assistant duties. I now abstract charts, help with NRCPR abstractions, assist with monitoring temptrak and other duties normally not performed by administrative assistants.
Great learning environment
Neonatal ICU RN (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 31, 2014
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: 12 hour shifts are not available at this time
The nurse practitioners and attending physicians are very good about educating the staff and explaining situations.
good work enviroment
HOUSEKEEPING AST (Current Employee), morgantown wvOctober 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits unlimited overtime local union
Cons: no hazard pay
I worked 16 hour shift since 2010 I love the job and the fact im a union steward.