WVU Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

No problems here until later.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 16, 2015
See my prior review. As I stated before... the job was satisfactory the enforcement of the mandatory flu vaccine made my continued employment there impossible.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Illegal Mandatory flu vaccine.
Disingenuous employers
Nutrition care assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 21, 2016
These employers pretend that they care about their employees, but what you eventually learn is that they don't. They treat you like you are in kindergarten and remind you that you are replaceable. The last straw for me was imposing the mandatory seasonal flu shot. You either took it, or you lost your job. I've never seen seen so many employees stressed and/or in tears about having to do something they were opposed to just to keep working. Many living paycheck to paycheck. Note: this mandate applied to ALL employees, regardless of whether or not they had contact with patients or the general public. You quickly learn not to apply yourself because in the end, your efforts are all about Just making your boss look good. Also, they send you home for coming in sick, then write you up (disciplinary action) for missing work. Their one-size-fits- all policies destroy employee morale.
Pros
Interacting with the patients
Cons
No opportunity for advanment, no incentive to excell.
I wouldn't recommend WVU Medicine as a place of employment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Morgantown WVAugust 12, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this organization as a place of employment. Some departments had functional departments and were a great place to work but it was not across the board. Manager in my department was clueless on how to complete her job function. She needs to work on her interpersonal skills and learn how to communicate. She often maintained a "deer in the headlight" look. She didn't know her job well enough to answer questions and often had to refer to other managers or the hospital legal department.
Horrible place to work.
Linen Services Attend. (Current Employee) –  Westover, WVMay 10, 2016
Management only cares about themselves. They pick and choose their "special pets". If you work hard you get stuck doing others work, but get paid the same or less than the lazy person. The time off you accumulate is also your sick time, and vacation time. The people either think they are above you, or are so narrow minded an ignorant. Don't apply. The only up side to this place is the fact that you have insurance, which in reality unless your healthy is a waste of money.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything about this organization.
Horrible dishonest people
Administrative assistant emergency medicine (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 5, 2016
Terrible company to work for, they make promises they cannot keep. You get fired when you use your pdo that you EARNED. Family member passed away and they expected you to be at work instead of the burial. It's either your family or the job. This place is a joke.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything -too many to list
Learning and Clinical experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Morgantoen, WVApril 18, 2016
General patient care, managing and maintaining ventilator support. Placing patients on bipap and cpap for their sleep apnea.
When patients are turning for the worse in the intensive critical care sites, the doctors, nurses and respiratory therapist work as a team to try and solve, manage the issue.
Maintained vents or patients who are on life support, comforting families when the time comes to withdrawl.
Worked along side core patients.
Pros
Learning experience
Not a job for the future
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 23, 2016
Busy work, constant increase in workload, no pay increases with more responsibilities. Unappreciated, little support or recognition from management. Just a number, no one knows your name or bothers to learn it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No advancement, poor working conditions
Not a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 26, 2016
My experience was not good. My supervisor at the hospital pharmacy was worthless . They had no idea of my job performance. Yet if you speak your mind "your gone". You need to be young and keep your mouth shut to work here.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
They definitely favor there pets.
bad management
did work there and got treated bad (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 24, 2016
Management is a big joke they don't have your back on nothing, bad place to work and also don't pay enough money. They don't even care about there workers at all. Can't even keep supplies for you
Pros
bad bossesExample: Free lunches, etc.bad
Cons
low pay
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  wvApril 30, 2016
worst place ever to work,......do not apply....other people 2nd this remark the management only cared about themselves and their money if you used your time and had an emergency you need off you could of been fired ,....worst place no consideration about employees
Awesome place to work if you get to make own schedule
Staff Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 30, 2015
I loved where I worked and loved the co-workers I had. But, the pay isn't up to par. Loved the EMR system they have. Management does care about you and try to work with your life as much as they can. The best part is you are part of a large medical community.
Pros
co-workers and emr
Cons
pay
Fun place to work great staff
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 18, 2015
great place to work great doctors and staff always home to see my family. management was ok, hardest part about this job is that i couldn't stay
Busy and Productive
WVU Urgent Care/Student Health (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 14, 2015
Performing patients vitals
POCT if needed
Phlebotomy
Immunizations

I learned to work quickly and efficiently

Management and co-workers helped when needed.

Hardest part of the job was the shifts and working with childcare.

Most enjoyable was being able to take care of patients in need.
good work enviroment
HOUSEKEEPING AST (Current Employee) –  morgantown wvOctober 27, 2013
I worked 16 hour shift since 2010 I love the job and the fact im a union steward.
Pros
great benefits unlimited overtime local union
Cons
no hazard pay
Excellent Employer while Providing Excellent Patient Care
Anesthesiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 3, 2015
A typical day at work consists of supporting any anesthesia staff and providers with their needs for upcoming surgeries. To be available for any possible traumas that may arise. Co-workers are enjoyable and provide an easy atmosphere to work in. The hardest part of the job may be repetition however I enjoy being able to provide for the anesthesia staff and help their day to day operations run more efficiently while enabling them to provide excellent patient care.
Great staff, nice environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 6, 2014
Started out doing administrative assistant duties. I now abstract charts, help with NRCPR abstractions, assist with monitoring temptrak and other duties normally not performed by administrative assistants.
Pros
able to work 4 ten hour days, ample pdo time, good management
Cons
current department does not offer any advancement for me.
Productive, friendly, and motivating
Student Internship - Cardiac Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 9, 2015
This was an unpaid student internship required to earn my Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science. It was an exciting environment. I assisted and witnessed patients recovering from episodes such as heart attacks, cardiac disease, etc. All of the patients were greatly appreciative of the work we did for them and how comfortable of an environment we created. Although I was there for only 120 hours, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.
Great place to work in caring for patients
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 2, 2015
Registering patients, preparing them for their appointments. Entering their address, health history, insurance, etc. Taking co-pays form insurance. Preparing the patients charts for the nurses and doctors for the patients appointment. Checking patients out, scheduling return visits to the clinic.
Pros
insurance and good hours
Cons
merlin computer system can be a little confusing, not very user friendly, but can catch on.
Very friendly and team oriented place to work.
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 10, 2015
Everyone works well together. There is constant movement around the facility. Management works hard to keep employees happy. Patient care is top priority.
Great learning environment
Neonatal ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 31, 2014
The nurse practitioners and attending physicians are very good about educating the staff and explaining situations.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
12 hour shifts are not available at this time

2.6