WVU Medicine Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding
Physician Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 10, 2018
Fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding. Every day is different and along with well diverse population of employees, Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers.
Clinical Therapist on the DDU (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 8, 2018
Only leaving because I'm moving. Great place to work. I like working with an inter-disciplinary team. Excellent PHysicians. Excellent pay and benefits. Must like working with a team.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Parking
10SE - best unit in the hospital!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 4, 2018
I made great friends, had a wonderful manager, and was truly sad to leave when I had to relocate. With the patient population it could be stressful at times, but I had a great team that worked together to help each other out.
Overall Company Review
Ambulatory Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  UTCDecember 29, 2017
Overall WVU Medicine is a good company to work for, pay is competitive, benefits are excellent, and work environment is great. Some areas of Management could use improvement.
Pros
Benefits, free life insurance
Cons
some management needs improvement
Sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  MartisburgDecember 18, 2017
Sustaining a sterile environment, fast pace very demanding. I've learn how to clean equipment, beds, floors, sinks, lots of trash to discard. Most people are not happy about the job.
Pros
awards, free meal tickets
Cons
demanding, cleaning feces, blood, high risk of contracting disease, or infestation in your personel home life.
A joke
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 15, 2017
This was a joke to work there. the management did not do there job and when you can to the management about a problem they would tell you to talk to someone else about it and that is was not their job to solve the problem. They are not understanding and would write people up when they are sick and went home.
A great place to work if you are willing to do the work.
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 13, 2017
Productive workplace with the satisfaction of helping others. The Plant Managers position could have been ran better. Employees who were close to management worked the position that they wanted while others would be given the harder positions or positions that they didn't care for because of who they were. My favorite position while working at United Linen was in the Pack Room. I enjoyed folding the surgical gowns, running the autoclave and working closely with those who were in the pack room . I had a feeling of being needed and I was good at my job.
Pros
Overtime was encouraged as wanted.
Cons
I had to drive 40 miles one way to work. Alot of back stabbing between employees.
Room to grow your career or studies. Management like every other place is disappointing drives most people out.
Perioperative Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 6, 2017
I’d love to say but given how my management where at the time they couldn’t understand family emergencies. Despite having your kid being really sick or wrecking your car they’d still hold it against you. For every department.
Benefits
Cons
Trying to get leave
Productive fun place to work
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 9, 2017
I love working at WVU Medicine. Its a great place to work to get your foot in the door. The experience is hands down the best. The people are very warm and welcoming.
it is a place that has wonderful workers and horrible administration
RN (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 6, 2017
I loved my job for 10 years or more before they refused to cover my twins for a therapy they really needed and became greedy with putting luxury items above basic care necessities to make more profits. My former co workers were amazing and I miss them terribly. They do an excellent job and should be commended. They are the ones creating the excellence for care that the hospital has. I still go there for care because I trust them. But the administration is not to be trusted. They are dishonest people only worried about money and reputation and don't set care as a priority.
Pros
working in a teaching environment with wonderful people
Cons
being over worked and treated badly by management
Medical Scribe
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 4, 2017
Quick paced and stressful
learned a lot of medical terminology.
management was really nice.
workplace was quick paced.
hardest part is working with physicians.
Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 24, 2017
Fast paced environment. Always learning new concepts/ideas. Making a difference in patients' lives. Magnet designation - 3 times. Positive nurse culture.
Learned a lot
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 21, 2017
always had to take care of 6 patients on night shift, very busy, pleased with the management, wish that they gave more bereavement days (only give 2),
Pros
job security
Cons
short staffed
Dietetic Assistant
DIETETIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 17, 2017
Always short staffed.
Manager was never around.
You were set up for failure.
People were lazy and I always had to pick up their slack.
Always being thrown around from station to station.
Overall, not a good experience.
Cons
Central Transport is a toxic work environment
Support Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 16, 2017
Transporting is an easy job. You get a pager and it tells you where to go. You sometimes work with nurses and the staff at various procedure rooms. They are all great. The people that are hardest to work with are the transporters themselves and the management team of the department. You will get the most ridiculous write ups and the manager will call you constantly and it is never a positive experience. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Poor management/ work place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505October 2, 2017
Never work here. Terrible! Treated unfairly and they do not care about your health or family. They are all about themselves. No room for advancement unless you were a kiss ... or doctor.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
It's a good company with good benefits. People are great. Parking is terrible.
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Betty Puskar Breast Care CenterSeptember 23, 2017
It's a good company to work for co workers are wonderful people. I'm looking to actually get same type of job with Uniontown Hospital. My parents both are ill so I live with them and want to work somewhere closer. The only bad thing I can say is parking is really a bad issue.
Pros
People I love enter action with patients.
Cons
Want to be closer to home.
Do not work here
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 16, 2017
The management does not care about you unless you are in their "group" of friends. Your voice is not heard when you come to them with complaints. In no way do they try to help with scheduling conflicts or hear your concerns.
Growing in Nursing and other areas
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 12, 2017
The entity is going in the right direction & there are very nice people to work with. They are adding staff in many areas to take care of patients well.
Pros
Experience
Content
Courier (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 1, 2017
Overall, I am very content with my job at WVU Medicine. The only reason I am looking for something else is personal advancement and more pay. The only issues I had with the company really stemmed from other employees, which the management is only minimally responsible for through hiring choices.
Pros
Lots of benefits if you actually look into them. The usuals, variety of insurances, retirements, etc., but also ample opportunies for discounts, various events, a wellness campaign, extremely cheap access to a gym, etc.
Cons
I have heard that the pay is a little low, but I don't have a reference. Also, I know for a fact that the dental insurance is a little "stingy."