WVU Employee Reviews in United States

Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 20, 2015
Sometimes wvu can be unreasonable about what they expect from employees As a whole wvu is a great place to be employed and I love it.
Computer and desk work within a team project working on an original project.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 9, 2014
I worked alongside graduate students for a research project of a faculty member. I provided leg work research through reading reviewed journals that helped guide the project's goal. It was a small team (4 people total). The goal of the project was to determine whether or not a change in agricultural practices in the Sahel region of Africa had any influence on the monsoon climate through increased land/atmospheric interaction. My job included a lot of statistical analysis of different factors at work and creating visual aids for the project. I primarily used the GrADS and Panoply programs for the generation of visual materials. Some of the coding I used during the project I had to create myself.
Pros
worked closely with others and the project leader
Cons
fixed hours and temporary position
turoring fun
Tutoring 6-9 (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 15, 2014
a great program offered by wvu for teachers working on their masters. I really enjoyed helping.
Fun atmosphere, hard work, learned a lot.
Institute of Technology Head Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVSeptember 30, 2013
I usually Started at 9:00am. Did office work such as answering emails, recruiting, phone calls, scheduling opponents, budget, travel itinerary's, etc. Practice was usually at 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm. The kids went to go eat dinner then we lifted at night on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's at 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm while I conducted the workout. I learned a lot about communication while working here. It forced me to open up and I really learned a lot from the experience. Co-workers were great people and created a good atmosphere. Hardest part of the job were the facilities and the long drive to work each day. Most enjoyable part was having a great boss and working with and helping college kids realize their dreams.
Pros
coaching baseball, great boss, work with college kids
Cons
bad facilities, small budget, low pay.
The learning never stops
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 7, 2013
I wouldn't have changed a single thing about this work environment. The constantly moving work day kept me from learning new ways to get things done along with learning life lessons that I will take with me the rest of my life. Having a close knit small office of only 3 permanent full time employees and 2 students workers, the was no room for slacking or falling behind especially when it came to working with management. Even when the days were hard, I enjoyed this job because I was always learning something new and constantly interacting with new and familiar faces. I would say that this job definitely helped shape me into the person I am today but more importantly the type of hard worker I am today.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 29, 2013
My main motto I learned in my research experience is Read, Work and Publish
Fulfilling Work Environment
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2013
Pushing student athletes to succeed was a great experience when the students were willing to learn. It was great to be able to pass the knowledge that I had gained in my classes on to others.
Mutually beneficial and fun to work job.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 21, 2012
* The day I was praised by my Manager for a break I brought in the project.
* Learned how to debug or find solutions by interacting with different people and using google search
* Management is FLAWLESS.
* Co-workers are very co-operative and friendly.
* Staying back at office, though the work is done, for required office hours.
* Setting our own tasks.
Pros
job security
Cons
office hours to be maintained
A very nice college.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 28, 2012
A very good college to go to and to work at. Worked with some very smart and nice people.
Nice place to work
Office Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVJune 12, 2012
In a typical day, I did a myriad of tasks. I mainly helped students in whatever way I could. I learned how to work with their computer software and what needed to be accomplished to get the teachers and students through each semester. I loved working with my co-workers. Our tasks were clear and we carried them out with efficiency. The hardest part of the job was the flow of students coming in between classes and needed to get things done in a quick and professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the students so that they could concentrate on their classes.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
limited time due to my status as a student
Decent Benefits, Poor Management
Infant Teacher(assistant) (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 3, 2012
If managment was more on the same page the work environment would have been better.