WVU

WVU Employer Reviews

turoring fun
Tutoring 6-9 (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 15, 2014
a great program offered by wvu for teachers working on their masters. I really enjoyed helping.
Fun atmosphere, hard work, learned a lot.
Institute of Technology Head Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Montgomery, WVSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: coaching baseball, great boss, work with college kids
Cons: bad facilities, small budget, low pay.
I usually Started at 9:00am. Did office work such as answering emails, recruiting, phone calls, scheduling opponents, budget, travel itinerary's, etc. Practice was usually at 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm. The kids went to go eat dinner then we lifted at night on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's at 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm while I conducted the workout. I learned a lot about communication while working here. It forced me to open up and I really learned a lot from the experience. Co-workers were great people and created a good atmosphere. Hardest part of the job were the facilities and the long drive to work each day. Most enjoyable part was having a great boss and working with and helping college kids realize their dreams.
The learning never stops
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVAugust 7, 2013
I wouldn't have changed a single thing about this work environment. The constantly moving work day kept me from learning new ways to get things done along with learning life lessons that I will take with me the rest of my life. Having a close knit small office of only 3 permanent full time employees and 2 students workers, the was no room for slacking or falling behind especially when it came to working with management. Even when the days were hard, I enjoyed this job because I was always learning something new and constantly interacting with new and familiar faces. I would say that this job definitely helped shape me into the person I am today but more importantly the type of hard worker I am today.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVMarch 29, 2013
My main motto I learned in my research experience is Read, Work and Publish
Fulfilling Work Environment
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2013
Pushing student athletes to succeed was a great experience when the students were willing to learn. It was great to be able to pass the knowledge that I had gained in my classes on to others.
Mutually beneficial and fun to work job.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVOctober 21, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: office hours to be maintained
* The day I was praised by my Manager for a break I brought in the project.
* Learned how to debug or find solutions by interacting with different people and using google search
* Management is FLAWLESS.
* Co-workers are very co-operative and friendly.
* Staying back at office, though the work is done, for required office hours.
* Setting our own tasks.
A very nice college.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJune 28, 2012
A very good college to go to and to work at. Worked with some very smart and nice people.
Nice place to work
Office Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee), Ripley, WVJune 12, 2012
Pros: working as a team
Cons: limited time due to my status as a student
In a typical day, I did a myriad of tasks. I mainly helped students in whatever way I could. I learned how to work with their computer software and what needed to be accomplished to get the teachers and students through each semester. I loved working with my co-workers. Our tasks were clear and we carried them out with efficiency. The hardest part of the job was the flow of students coming in between classes and needed to get things done in a quick and professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the students so that they could concentrate on their classes.
Decent Benefits, Poor Management
Infant Teacher(assistant) (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 3, 2012
If managment was more on the same page the work environment would have been better.