WWE

WWE Employee Reviews

Exhausting and Draining
N/A (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great pay and experience
Cons: see above
WWE should be a dream factory. It can be, but those moments are few and far between.

In reality, if you aren't in the tiny inner-circle, you're done for.

Creativity is stifled, the business approach is timid and narrow, and it's all about the politics rather than encouraging people to speak and feel like they will be heard.

For such a potentially great product, they produce a poor environment behind the scenes, fostering paranoia and cut-throat policies. Something needs to change, but in order to do so, the culture needs to change from the top down.
Fast paced, leading edge, great people
Consultant WWE Network PM (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 14, 2014
Pros: respect for individual; flexible agile environment; leading edge systems
Cons: not as structured or as organized as other places
Worked on the WWE Network launch. Loved the people and the business. Development environment is free-form, no real PMO. Excellent managers.
Lacks Internal Communication
Project Manager / Brand Management (Former Employee), stamford, CTOctober 15, 2014
Very disappointed in the WWE employee culture... Good luck!
Fun job for a part time position
Digital Media Logger (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 24, 2014
WWE is a terrific company and treated us very well despite the low level of job we were performing.
Challenging, fast paced environment
Producer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 14, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day at work in WWE. The ever changing, organic nature of story lines makes World Wrestling Entertainment a rich place to work. During my time at WWE I learned many skills in the art of pre/post and live television production. The tight deadlines and long hours made the job difficult but ultimately enjoyable when a project was finished on deadline.
A wide variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment
Art Director (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great workout facility
Cons: little or no breaks, no good food options
A very busy and challenging work environment with a high volume of work. Often times there are projects that allow you to collaborate with other designers to produce great results. One of the more challenging aspects of the job was juggling a multitude of projects at the same time and trying to receive feedback, manage the deadlines, and go through several levels of approvals for all projects.
Great property, challenging culture
Account Executive, Integrated Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
The potential for success is great although management and internal culture, personalities, expectations and execution leave employee morale low.

Success is due to the care and effort of the individual and the benefit of a rabid and passionate fanbase.
NA
Social Media/ Branding Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Very fun atmosphere. I worked on the original promotions and internet marketing for the WWE NXT series on Full Sail University's campus. I was one of the original members (8 total) that were selected from hundreds of resumes.
A great place to intern
Creative Services Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
WWE was a great place to intern . I learned a lot about media and how to engage an audience.
Great Place to Get Started in a Tough Business
TV Production (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 27, 2014
If you're looking to work in TV and need to get your foot in the door, this may be your place.
Fast paced, learning environment.
Senior Associate Producer (Current Employee), stamford, ctApril 30, 2014
Pros: dinner free for anyone working 10+ hours in a day, tickets to live events, tremendous amount of pride in work throughout the company
Cons: communication from senior management is slow and goals change minute to minute, job/life balance is difficult
The typical day for anyone in the production world is at least ten hours. The work is fast paced, deadline oriented, and requires a lot of creativity and outside the box thinking. There are no gophers at WWE - from the instant you start work as a production assistant you are heavily involved in the actual production of whichever project you are working on. As a PA, I was writing scripts, editing segments, and learning on the fly.

The hardest part of the job is that WWE really should be more staffed. The bulk of work falls to a relatively small group, and it makes having the proper job/life balance tough, but the flip side of that is you get invaluable experience right off the bat.
Great Energy.
Executive Administrative Assistant, EVP (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 24, 2014
Great company to work for. Unfortunately, my job was my life. I learned to communicate effectively with C-Level executives and high-profile clients. The hardest/most rewarding part of the job was being able to excel while juggling multiple tasks with extremely tight deadlines with the ability to remain calm.
Dream Job
Student Social Media Manager, NXT (Internship) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, global scale of the company, learning experience, culture, creativity
Cons: distance
As a kid growing up I always wanted to be a WWE wrestler, but reality eventually sunk in. Now at 30 years old, I get to do an internship in one of the hottest jobs around Social Media for one of the companies who does Social Media perfectly. Before becoming an intern for WWE I thought Social Media was just writing Tweets and Facebook posts, but now that I am on the other side I truly see the powerful monster that Social Media is, and what it can become in the future. WWE & NXT opened up a new career path for me, as I always envisioned myself as a Graphic Designer, and now the opportunities have grown in either Social Media or Graphic Design.
Challenging, fast-paced work environment
DIRECTOR, Media Technology (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 20, 2014
Need to think on your feet daily, be ready to adapt quickly to change, and listening skills and patience are a must to succeed at WWE.
Great place to learn every facet of television production
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learning everything about production
I have been an Assistant Producer for two years at World Wrestling Entertainment. This position has provided me to wear many hats and allowed me to dive into all facets of production! It ranges from directly supporting Producers in the creation of shows for major television networks, to having extensive experience producing long form programming, cutting blockbuster movie trailers, promos, and packages across multiple editing platforms. I travel across the country to live events, shoots, and practice non-linear editing on a daily basis. Storytelling is a huge aspect of the job along with repackaging and editing shows for digital distribution. I truly care about the quality of the product. Even though I gained valuable knowledge of post and live production at WWE, I want to start working in the world I am most passionate about.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great gym
Cons: n/a
Great coworkers
Growth opportunities.
Extra training offered by the company.
Fun enviroment Knowledgeable staff
Lighting Assist III (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLNovember 13, 2013
As a new person arriving the crew is helpful with any questions you have about gear and operations.

Putting sometime in with the show at Full Sail the crew seeks for leaders to take over with basic/smaller projects, due to the fresh inventory of new students per show.
Not a bad place to work
Media Librarian Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: few good people
To work for the company was great some of the people was great. Other people made you feel like you are not part of the crew
AWESOME work
Vignettes (Former Employee), Winter park, FLAugust 5, 2013
Couldn't have a better job if you tried. It is crazy having people you looked up to as a kid and then working side by side with them professionally.
Fast-paced
Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 23, 2013
Great co-workers but doesn't offer a good work life balance.

WWE Salaries