WWE Employee Reviews

Secure but Chaotic
Senior Manager, Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 24, 2016
WWE provides an environment where job security is great, pay is not bad, and benefits are above average. This would be good if you live in the Conneticut area and have a family.

The political in-fighting and morale are huge problems. Its hard to get anything done as people do anything they can to not take on anything for fear of getting it wrong. There seems to be a culture of fear that one cannot get away from in this environment. Additionally, many people seem stressed as managers do not respect the bounds of personal and private life.
Pros
pay, benefits, job security
Cons
work/life balance, politics, stress
Fun Work Enviorment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 30, 2016
WWE is a great place to work. They provide you with all the tools you need to succeed and the work environment is excellent. It is a great place to start your career
Fun, fast paced environment
Graphic Designer / Social Media Producer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 9, 2015
I was a student intern for WWE NXT while they were partnered with Full Sail University. Getting to work with NXT and seeing what is really involved was the highlight of my time at Full Sail University.

I highly recommend working for WWE. The hours are rough but everyone really seemed to love their job. I was truly saddened when I graduated and could no longer work for them.
Pros
Overall Experience
Dream Job
Student Social Media Manager, NXT (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2014
As a kid growing up I always wanted to be a WWE wrestler, but reality eventually sunk in. Now at 30 years old, I get to do an internship in one of the hottest jobs around Social Media for one of the companies who does Social Media perfectly. Before becoming an intern for WWE I thought Social Media was just writing Tweets and Facebook posts, but now that I am on the other side I truly see the powerful monster that Social Media is, and what it can become in the future. WWE & NXT opened up a new career path for me, as I always envisioned myself as a Graphic Designer, and now the opportunities have grown in either Social Media or Graphic Design.
Pros
Atmosphere, Global Scale of the Company, Learning Experience, Culture, Creativity
Cons
Distance
Relaxed environment with good people
Commercial Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 25, 2013
Very relaxed workplace. Came into woke usually around 10 am. Worked late but the people there were very nice and had a good sense of community. Moving up and getting a raise is tough but the experience was well worth it. Got to travel around the country basically for free and experience working for live television.
Pros
travel with almost all expenses paid. good benefits and nice people to work with.
Cons
hard to advance.
Exhausting and Draining
N/A (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 1, 2015
WWE should be a dream factory. It can be, but those moments are few and far between.

In reality, if you aren't in the tiny inner-circle, you're done for.

Creativity is stifled, the business approach is timid and narrow, and it's all about the politics rather than encouraging people to speak and feel like they will be heard.

For such a potentially great product, they produce a poor environment behind the scenes, fostering paranoia and cut-throat policies. Something needs to change, but in order to do so, the culture needs to change from the top down.
Pros
Great pay and experience
Cons
See above
Great property, challenging culture
Account Executive, Integrated Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
The potential for success is great although management and internal culture, personalities, expectations and execution leave employee morale low.

Success is due to the care and effort of the individual and the benefit of a rabid and passionate fanbase.
Fast paced, learning environment.
Senior Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  stamford, ctApril 30, 2014
The typical day for anyone in the production world is at least ten hours. The work is fast paced, deadline oriented, and requires a lot of creativity and outside the box thinking. There are no gophers at WWE - from the instant you start work as a production assistant you are heavily involved in the actual production of whichever project you are working on. As a PA, I was writing scripts, editing segments, and learning on the fly.

The hardest part of the job is that WWE really should be more staffed. The bulk of work falls to a relatively small group, and it makes having the proper job/life balance tough, but the flip side of that is you get invaluable experience right off the bat.
Pros
Dinner free for anyone working 10+ hours in a day, tickets to live events, tremendous amount of pride in work throughout the company
Cons
communication from senior management is slow and goals change minute to minute, job/life balance is difficult
Fast paced work environment with a dynamic group of people
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 12, 2015
WWE is a very fast paced work environment with exceptionally high standards. It can be hard to keep up at times but is always exciting and delivers a sense of accomplishment when projects are finalized.

You will spend a lot of time with your Co workers, they will quickly become part of your life which helps make up for the lack of work/life balance.
Wrrestlemania Axxess line security
Wrestlemania Axxess Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2013
This was a week long event leading up to Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta Georgia. I only volunteered for a 4 hour shift on a saturday afternoon. I was working line security for the wrestlers and managers that were singing autographs for fans. Management was really nice to all of us that was working. Co-workers was great as well. We had to stand the whole time we was working but I really didn't mind it. I really enjoyed meeting some of the wrestlers and managers whom I grew up watching on tv since I was a kid. There were people from all over the world there I was able to meet and interact with. An experience that I will never forget
Challenging, fast paced environment
Producer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 14, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day at work in WWE. The ever changing, organic nature of story lines makes World Wrestling Entertainment a rich place to work. During my time at WWE I learned many skills in the art of pre/post and live television production. The tight deadlines and long hours made the job difficult but ultimately enjoyable when a project was finished on deadline.
Great Energy.
Executive Administrative Assistant, EVP (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 24, 2014
Great company to work for. Unfortunately, my job was my life. I learned to communicate effectively with C-Level executives and high-profile clients. The hardest/most rewarding part of the job was being able to excel while juggling multiple tasks with extremely tight deadlines with the ability to remain calm.
Great place to learn every facet of television production
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
I have been an Assistant Producer for two years at World Wrestling Entertainment. This position has provided me to wear many hats and allowed me to dive into all facets of production! It ranges from directly supporting Producers in the creation of shows for major television networks, to having extensive experience producing long form programming, cutting blockbuster movie trailers, promos, and packages across multiple editing platforms. I travel across the country to live events, shoots, and practice non-linear editing on a daily basis. Storytelling is a huge aspect of the job along with repackaging and editing shows for digital distribution. I truly care about the quality of the product. Even though I gained valuable knowledge of post and live production at WWE, I want to start working in the world I am most passionate about.
Pros
Learning everything about production
Entertaining Product, Well-Run Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 1, 2013
A typical day at work as an intern has me coming in at 9am, with fresh brewed coffee waiting at the starbucks machine. They gave me my own desk right away with the other employees, who are a joy to work with. My assigned tasks, even as an intern, makes me feel like I'm making a real difference and getting into the core operations of the company. My supervisors are very nice, and provide guidance while creating a manageable workload. The hardest part of the job is the monotony of excel, which you learn to overcome very quickly. Other than that, I love it. I've learned a great deal about corporate finances, excel, how a company is managed, how taxes and returns on stocks are handled and distributed. I get a decent lunch break, there is a fully equipped gym, the cafeteria is great, and the atmosphere of the building fits the WWE, edgy and cool.
Pros
great lunch, full scale gym, great co-workers, challenging work, great atmosphere
Cons
finances can get boring, but thats with any company
Na
Social Media/ Branding Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Very fun atmosphere. I worked on the original promotions and internet marketing for the WWE NXT series on Full Sail University's campus. I was one of the original members (8 total) that were selected from hundreds of resumes.
Lacks Internal Communication
Project Manager / Brand Management (Former Employee) –  stamford, CTOctober 15, 2014
Very disappointed in the WWE employee culture... Good luck!
Market Research Intern
Market Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 16, 2013
My time at the WWE was relatively short. However, a typical day in the office would include every morning to visit my supervisor, and discussing the projects and duties that needed to be worked on that day. Which would include documenting previously aired WWE programs for use by other departments within the company. As well as providing a document of information regarding competing programs whenever a WWE program was aired. The information we obtained was through Nielsen Ratings. The handling of this information was done by my supervisor; however, I assisted with taking this information and updating special documents when needed. My co-workers were very lively and friendly and you could tell that they did in fact enjoy working there. I got along with my supervisors swimmingly, oftentimes asking them questions in regards to the work I was doing, and if I had a question on how to do something I never hesitated to ask. But overall, although my internship only lasted 4 months, and I had not learned everything there is to know in the realm of Market Research, I enjoyed my time at the WWE.
A wide variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 9, 2014
A very busy and challenging work environment with a high volume of work. Often times there are projects that allow you to collaborate with other designers to produce great results. One of the more challenging aspects of the job was juggling a multitude of projects at the same time and trying to receive feedback, manage the deadlines, and go through several levels of approvals for all projects.
Pros
Great workout facility
Cons
Little or no breaks, no good food options
Fast-paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 23, 2013
Great co-workers but doesn't offer a good work life balance.
Fast paced, leading edge, great people
Consultant WWE Network PM (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 14, 2014
Worked on the WWE Network launch. Loved the people and the business. Development environment is free-form, no real PMO. Excellent managers.
Pros
Respect for individual; flexible Agile environment; leading edge systems
Cons
Not as structured or as organized as other places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WWE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9