WWE Employee Reviews

The office works like their TV programming
Brand Management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 29, 2017
For a global entertainment company, WWE sure does operate like an ad agency in the 1950's. Backdoor politics, in-fighting, using bad numbers as metrics of success. Not a place to work unless you want to sweat and bleed to eventually be fired. Most staff I knew were let go.
Pros
Cool brand
Cons
culture, management, lack of direction
VP of DEVELOPMENT - REALITY/SPECIAL PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  NY, NYOctober 23, 2017
Hard work is rewarded.
Demanding environment but if you can handle the pressure, there is great opportunity to advance.
A unique opportunity for growth.
A creatively stifling, toxic environment
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 20, 2017
Management is extremely hierarchical. New ideas are not welcome. Everyone operates in a state of fear, and a reticence to be seen above radar, as the higher you get up the food chain, the closer you are to being fired for not executing only what is decreed.

Management missing opportunities to grow brand into cultural powerhouse beyond wrestling.

Fire drills and last minute initiatives that are half-baked.

Low quality content.

Fundamental misunderstanding of audience, operates like a monopoly with little incentive for innovation, rather a market rent seeking behavior sets-in both culturally and with product development.
great place to work
Editor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 10, 2017
Great management, Nice group of editors, always ready to help out new talent. Its located in several buildings. No parking problems on premises. Good food in the area. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
nice people
Cons
traffic to get there
Fast & fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 21, 2017
The job was the most awesome job I had ever had to me so far . I love working at fast paced and this job provided that for me the factory had great people working and I would never change that experience for Tha world.
Pros
Free gifts at times
Cons
Extra pay if u stayed over
Professional
Professional athlete, High (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2017
In the WWE theyhold you to a high professional standard. With you being signed you're required to meet a specific standard everyday. While the business can be busy you're also required to be physically and mentally tough enough to better yourself in the business.
Pros
Exposure, Fun work enviornment
Cons
Breaks
Senior Director Domestic Live Event touring
Senior Director Domestic Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 9, 2017
I worked at this company for 23 years and it was a great place to learn and grow

People are great and plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Company promotes from within.
Great place to work!
Production Office Manager (Former Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 1, 2017
Working at WWE is unlike any place I have ever worked. My co workers are family to me, everyone looks out for one another. It's fast paced and cut throat and if you like that environment, you would love it.

I traveled to a different city/state every week. Working in a different venue each week was challenging but rewarding at the same time. And, with a live TV show, there's never a dull moment. Every day you never know what's going to happen which I loved...always kept me on my toes.
Pros
Travel, great pay, home 3-4 days a week
Cons
No benefits or paid vacation
Avoid if possible
Media Researcher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 28, 2017
For one, the head person in charge of TV is a highly unprofessional jerk who is liked by very few. In my time there i saw multiple management changes and was EXTREMELY underpaid
Fun workplace
Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2017
There are a lot of people working the live WWE events so it can be a little intimidating. Once you get the hang of it, everything runs smoothly. i learned a lot of things about a camera jib while i worked there and when people get to know you then you start to feel apart of the WWE team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
doesn't feel like a family at times
ok
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 11, 2017
I was taught growing up that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. There are plusses and minuses. Unfortunately I've seen way too many minuses.
Awesome
Set up Crew (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2017
Even tho i worked there for a whole day it was awesome setting stages and working with really cool people who do this for there lives i wish i could work there.
Fun and Boys Club
SALES ASSISTANT/PLANNER, INTEGRATED SALES (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
During my brief employment there, worked with some wonderful people and developed some great relationships. The ad sales team was mostly men, as are most ad sales teams, which could be difficult for some.Fun brand to work on and still run by the owners of the company.
I'd go back in a heartbeat
Performer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Greatest people and best time I ever had in my life, the brotherhood among everyone was great, everyone wanted to see everyone else succeed sure there was a jerk here and there but it was never from any upper management, I'd love to go back and work for them one day.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
The company as a whole is fantastic. They produce great quality television and they treat all of their employees fairly. It is however, a hard environment and lifestyle to get use to, but once you do, it's a breeze.
Secure but Chaotic
Senior Manager, Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 24, 2016
WWE provides an environment where job security is great, pay is not bad, and benefits are above average. This would be good if you live in the Conneticut area and have a family.

The political in-fighting and morale are huge problems. Its hard to get anything done as people do anything they can to not take on anything for fear of getting it wrong. There seems to be a culture of fear that one cannot get away from in this environment. Additionally, many people seem stressed as managers do not respect the bounds of personal and private life.
Pros
pay, benefits, job security
Cons
work/life balance, politics, stress
Fun Work Enviorment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 30, 2016
WWE is a great place to work. They provide you with all the tools you need to succeed and the work environment is excellent. It is a great place to start your career
Work Hard, Work Harder
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2015
The best part of working there is the people. The amount of creativity present in the company is astounding. The amount of work produced is staggering. They expect a lot from you without giving you the resources needed.
Pros
Free dinner if you work over 10 hours, friendly people
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication
Fun, fast paced environment
Graphic Designer / Social Media Producer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 9, 2015
I was a student intern for WWE NXT while they were partnered with Full Sail University. Getting to work with NXT and seeing what is really involved was the highlight of my time at Full Sail University.

I highly recommend working for WWE. The hours are rough but everyone really seemed to love their job. I was truly saddened when I graduated and could no longer work for them.
Pros
Overall Experience
Cons
Fast paced work environment with a dynamic group of people
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 12, 2015
WWE is a very fast paced work environment with exceptionally high standards. It can be hard to keep up at times but is always exciting and delivers a sense of accomplishment when projects are finalized.

You will spend a lot of time with your Co workers, they will quickly become part of your life which helps make up for the lack of work/life balance.