Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

I Learned a lot in Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 5, 2017
Good experience for me work in Wyckoff Pharmacy , Amazing people work there , i enjoy my every worked day. I learned a lot, all my coworkers was very helpful and nice to me .
Hospital Setting
Unit Reception Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2017
You like a challenge the medical field is for you. The patients vary daily the pace varies daily and amount of changes you would have to adjust to will also change rapidly. Need a challenge the hospital setting is for you.
Clinicals
Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Good place for medical students to do their clinicals. Great learning and patient exposure. Students attend weekly grand rounds and discuss various topics with the Attendings and residents.
hospital provides good benefits/incentives. healthy environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is a non profit hospital that serves the Bushwick area in Brooklyn NY. I worked in the PACU and had a flex time schedule working 12 hours x 3/wk. with a rate of 48.00 an hour. I had a very rewarding time working at Wyckoff. Management is very supportive in helping staff advance through encouraging staff to apply for Masteral studies which is fully reimbursed by the hospital. In PACU nurses collaborate well with all members of the healthcare team to give our patients excellent care and treatment in a safe and caring environment. i will definitely recommend Wyckoff Hospital to anyone wanting to work in the tristate area.
Pros
reimbursement of advance studies, free uniforms, free seminars
Cons
can get very busy
the staff
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2017
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.
 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great area
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Clerk - Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2017
Has good stability and great union, been there for 7 years and still going strong, but the. Company still needs a little more work so that we can be one of the top hospitals in NYC
Local Hospital moving up
Administrative Assistant dept.of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2017
Many changes are occurring within Wyckoff however, I strongly believe it is for the betterment of the community and employees. Patient care is priority and that goes a long way.
Pros
Care of Patients is first
Cons
Needs more staff to accommodate the volume of Patients
productive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2017
what I have learned working here is that just like your personal family goals, your work life enviornment is also a kind of family that has daily and life goals. To attain your goals there has to be cohesiveness of skill,desire,tenacity,and passion in what you believe while being considerate of others. Management is a reinforcing asset and always helpful
Pros
people and sometimes pts whom are pleasant to work with makes the day go by smoother
Cons
negative attitudes
fun place to work
Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2017
The people are very caring. A typical day can be very busy but at the end of it everyone comes together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part is helping the patients.
16 years of good work ethics
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2017
A typical day was remaining ready for incoming patients and assisting medical staff. Management was always willing to step in to create a very helpful and cheerful atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job was just being to assist both staff and patients alike.
I learned a lot about the medical field from Wyckoff and it has prepared me in ways that I am most grateful for.
Good place to learn the field of work you choose
Linen aide, environment services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, nyJuly 11, 2017
Its OK... A typical day of work consist of stripping and waxing, sterilizing equipment, emptying waste baskets. Dusting, cleaning bathroom and all assigned.
Pros
Full time hours available for part time workers
Cons
Management shows a lot of favortism
Evolving Healthcare Institution
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2017
The hospital is in a great location, right off of the L train and with multiple lines of mass transit available. The patient population that utilizes their services is in great need of their services. They have made strides to improve their services.
relaxed environment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2017
Lay back environment, not as fast pace as you would think a hospital should be. Most of the people that work there are some really great people . good doctors
Telemetry/Step down/Stroke Staff RN/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 7, 2017
The telemetry is an excellent place to work . Teamwork is a key to good communication between all level of coworkers.Very flexible schedule and good pay.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
sometimes no breaks at all
Excellent work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
would recommend this place for employment. It can be stressful at times, but every job has certain degree of stress. Street parking sucks. Food choices are ok. Cafeteria food tasty, but expensive.
Pleasant staff to work with
Senior leadership (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
Overall, there needs to be a revamp of this institution. Senior administration is far more concerned with meetings than running the hospital effectively.. Leadership should be more hands on rather than chained to there desk. Management by walking around is more effective to learning the detail from the bottom up.
Pros
salary, no micro management
Cons
lack of organization, very dirty for a hospital, poor decision making skills, fiscally irresponsible
Great staff and can work together without issue.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2017
I was able to learn a lot volunteering at the IT department at Wyckoff Hospital. The manager and staff are friendly and helpful. They were able help me push myself further to advance in my career.
Worked with some very good people
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2017
worked at an off site clinic. very good clinic manager, good doctors and nurse practitioners. loved it there. upper management is horrible though, the ceo cares only for himself.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
horrible upper management
interesting
Outreach (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2017
Job title was outreach. My job was to escort patients for testing at the department of Health, and to clinic in the hospital. Responsible for providing patients with results and referrals. Provide presentations on sexually transmitted diseases in the community.
Pros
good experience
Cons
Emotionally distressing.
Great team of people
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2017
Great staff with people passionate about their work. We reach people with need in the community. There is a lot of learning on the job and people to help on the way.