Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

A lot of great opportunities
Occupational and Physical Therapy Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Working at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center was a great experience.
Friendly staff and doctors and management will always work with their staff to accommodate hours of work and school.

Great opportunities for growth and lots of overtime. Wicked Hospital also provided schooling for those who were interested in continuing their education and move up within the hospital and their different departments.

The union delegates alway assisted the staff when there were issues with HR and always fought to make sure the staff did not get fired as well as provided staff with the discipline and corrective plans needed for them to continue with their job and growth.
Pros
Free schooling, Great job opportunities and the best Healthcare benefits.
Cons
No cons.
Decent place to work in a cool area
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2016
I was lucky I knew someone to get into this hospital. It was interesting to work with 1 &2nd year residents. I rather work with dentist who have been in practice a bit longer. However, the experience wasn't bad. Staff at the time was cool, pay wasn't so great but I managed. Location was good by lots of stores. No affordable benefits or union at the time.
Pros
good location to shop and eat and commute
Cons
pay could be better, no affordable benefits
Challenged
Adult Gerontology Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2016
A typical day at work is seen walks in-patient with variety of complaints and diseases, which makes me to learn a lot. I learned many things that I have only seen on books and for the first time in life. Management is awesome. My co-workers are multicultural and I learn how to go on with them. The hardest part of the job was my first day, after that my job has been a big challenge and I am very happy with this. the most enjoyable part of my job is when patients come to you saying how happy they are because I helped them or just because I listened to them.
Pros
professional enviroment
Sucks
Security/ Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2017
this place was the worst, long hours low pay and administration was greedy and couldn't balance a budget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
good
Lab technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2016
not bad, good job culture and good management. my coworkers were cooperative, my supervisor was good but busy schedule. the overall experience not bad.
Great Place to work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 20, 2017
• Scheduled, pre-registered, and registered patients for various services; maintained patient demographics data.
• Initiated and directed timely assignment of beds for patient’s admission; coordinated beds with supervisor.
• Obtained authorizations based on insurance plan contracts; answered multiple phone lines.
Pros
Pay and the staff
Cons
Hospital location
Providing greet service to the community is a great reward.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2014
A typical day at work Is to start the day with a positive outlook and expect the best, hoping that you can help to save a persons life is more than a great reward. Getting along with my co workers makes my job a lot better having conflict at work does not give you the drive to desire to be in that environment, so for me as a friendly individual it makes it easier being a team player. management can be scary at times but for the most part having good communication skills makes it less scary. The hardest part may be analyzing how to approach a patient who is non complaint, the most enjoyable moment is when you can be of service to a patient and put a smile on their face, make them feel better or help to save their life and for the to come back and tell you thank you.
Pros
long breaks, benifits, healthcare
Great Volunteer Hospital
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2016
I did my mandatory rotations with them and it was a great experience. I learned a lot and would volunteer back again, possibly for Paramedic training.
Positive Review
Medical Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2015
This Hospital is a great place to work for. The environment is very
friendly, I love the people that I work with. I have been there for
almost two years now, from the very beginning the staff welcomed
me with open arms. The staff appreciates the work I do. I am always
rewarded with gifts and constant praise, for what I do for them.
Pros
As a Volunteer I do receive free lunch, up to $5.00
Cons
I would like to be employed there permanantly
Timekeeping
Scheduling Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2014
Manage hours using Ultipro payroll system
800 nursing employees time sheets are corrected
Their are new managers now
My co-workers are very friendly and very helpful. Its like a family atmosphere
The hardest part of the job is all the interruptions that I get throughout the day. Staff comes to the office to ask questions and I have to stop working
All the thank yous I receive when I help a staff member that couldn't fix an issue that they might have
Pros
close to home
Cons
benefits are not great and no promotion
Very busy
Patient Access Service Representative (PASR) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2015
A lot of people to be registered and directed to different clinics. It's a very good hospital, co-worker very friendly and the administration staff conduct themselves in a respectful way.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
A little be stressful
it was great while it lasted
Receptionist - Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  brooklyn nySeptember 18, 2013
i loved working at wyckoff in the engineering department, but security is not too good i was laid off twice
Pros
salary management
Cons
laid off
Fun Volunteer Experience!
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2016
I did two rotations here for my EMT training & they were both very educational experiences. I would volunteer here again!
nice place to work
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2016
there are a lot of great nurses and doctors there. they should get better pay they are that good. I enjoyed everyday when I was there.
Pros
good challenge to work there
Cons
gd experience
good communication skill
Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 2, 2014
Positive Health Management is a comprehensive HIV primary care and Prevention program that is associated with the ambulatory care system of Wyckoff Heights Medical Center since 1995. The program boosts culturally competent services which are provided by bilingual service providers. Our services are targeted to those living in the communities of Northern Brooklyn and Western Queens. The goal of Positive Health Management is to provide excellent and safe care to persons who are at risk for or who are already infected with HIV. Below is a summary of each of Positive Health Management’s services.
Pros
culture sencitive
Terrible place to work
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 2, 2015
The management is absolutely atrocious. The way they speak to you , in a condescending manner, micro - manage you and treat you like you are a piece of dirt . Not saying everyone that works there is terrible but most of the staff was rude , especially the management ! There is no job security here. I didn't learn a thing working here, i had to listen to patients actually complain to me about other staff , again , about the management.
very busy work enviroment
Patient Service Acess Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn New YorkOctober 20, 2015
During the past Years with Wyckoff Heights Medical Center I was fortunate to grow with the hopsital during to many changes and upgrades with the physical hospital and with the software and computer systems, I moves to and from various position with in the hospital, WHMC has a very good union which assisted with the moving process. During the times when the hospital made cut back the ensured their employees received employment in another department or with another hospital. overall it was a pleasant experience.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
all of management work very hard towards making the workplace a strong financial place
Director of Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2014
My day as a director would be to make sure all aspects of billing is attended especially if it affected billing. I learned so much as a director both professionally and mentally, I learned that nothing is hard once you put your mind to deal with it with an open and successfull approach. Dealing with other management team I grew as a person and learned each person strenght is different and I educated myself from the strenght of other managmentt.
My team both my mangers and staff is an awesome group and have learned that they were my battle front in everything I did.
I continued to say the hardest part of my job was telling an employee he/she will be losing their job due to job cut at the organization.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowning I had a great team of peole to work with on every project.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
little room for growth
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2013
You never what to expect. Working in a hospital enviorment their are many things that i have encountered yet every experience was quite enjoyable.I learned registration,billing and admitting .Management ran a smooth and productive. They were very hands on and helpful. My co-workers were the best. We were a team. Hardest part of the job i would say being stuck working three shifts. Most enjoyable part was all the experience i gained while working there. I enjoyed working in the Labor & Delivery and the ER are the best departments (and Peds). I loved being a part of new life and enjoyed extending my help in support to those who grieved.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
mandations
low moral among workers
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  374 Stanhope Street, Brooklyn New YorkFebruary 21, 2014
A normal day at work starts off very stressful because cases are usually not picked right so you spend most of the time looking for items that should be there.
I have learned to deal with all types of different personalities in the Operating Room
Management is in transition so everything seems to be changing
The hardest part of the job is not having enough supplies which tends to hold up the surgeries from starting.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the outcome of all the surgeries that I have worked in and speaking with the patients and comforting them in anyway possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Reviews by Location