Wyle Employee Reviews

Management and growth both show limited options
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDOctober 18, 2016
The overall work is great and fundamental towards any engineering career. The hours are normal and can be flexible. The coworkers are knowledgeable and for the most part, easy to work with. The management is lackluster. Not very aware of the surroundings and lacks knowledge of the team and their abilities. Okay place to work.
Wyle takes care of their employees and creates a fun work environment
Field engineer (Current Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at Wyle starts with the team checking on the day's scheduled events ensuring they don't need to be rescheduled. The team culture is invaluable for mission accomplishment. Everyone feels like a valuable part of a good running machine. I learn different reporting criteria and new training presentation methodology weekly. I manage several programs to ensure an efficiently run process. Management is at a different site so our system is a team management of all associated tasks. This holds all team members to their individual responsibilities from a team concept. The most difficult part of the job is the lack of job security. Being government contract several things can happen. The contract can be cancelled and everyone becomes unemployed, the contract can go to a different company with no guarantee the original cast moves to the new positions, or the management could transfer to civil service with no guarantee of original employees transferring to those positions.
Pros
Excellent pay, good benefits, good 401K plan with matching funds.
Cons
Job security.
Decent company with poor management and leadership.
Flight director (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 6, 2016
Extremely disappointed with the way CAS handled a situation myself and another employee were involved in. No integrity, in higher management. Manager of the CBP mission is one of the most incompetent man i've ever worked with. S**T sure floats to the top with CAS.
Pros
Good benefits and company
Cons
extremely poor management
Profession Workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 15, 2016
Wyle is a profession and stable company which offers good benefits and opportunities for advancement to their employees. Good leadership and upper level management.
intereting experience
RCM Engineering Analyst MRAP Command, Control (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 3, 2016
the company itself is a great company. management tries to help you better your education and or career. depending on the duty location it can be joyful to work for the company.
Dependable and Supportive
Configuration/Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2016
Wyle's role is the placement of professionals in government support positions. The company was dependable and supportive of the embedded staff. I worked in an Air Force office and only interacted with Wyle as the official employer.
Pros
Dependable and supportive of embedded staff
Cons
Lots of local management turnover.
Wyle, Aero Group
Configuration Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseJuly 20, 2015
This company is many sectors of government support. My experience has been very positive. I work on location with the Air Force and feel that Wyle provides me excellent management support from my remote location.
The pay is good, the reviews held in a timely manner and pay raises every year.
I am not micro managed and appreciate the freedom to complete my contracted duties. The company is appreciative of mature and accountable support staff located away from the company office.
Long term tenure at highly professional company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
Great work/life balance, nice professional people, family friendly, and generally free of petty office politics. Flexible hours and zero micromanaging by leadership equals ability to get work done.
Pros
A very professional company which also believes in its employees and tries to take care of them.
Cons
Wyle is a government contractor and must operate according to the will of the federal government.
Wyle Corp.
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Wyle is a great company to work for. They care a lot about their employees. The pay and benefits are excellent. The management team is outstanding to work with.
Productive and great workplace environment
Project Manager/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 26, 2016
Awesome company, full of great people. Company is down sizing and needed me to leave my family and deploy to Iraq for 6 to 8 months. That did not suit me or my family. Parted on great terms.

Want to know more about Wyle?

Ask a question
Great Team
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 22, 2016
It was a pleasure to work with skilled professionals in a production environment to deliver a quality product i a timely manor.
Great Management
Senior Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2014
The management of Wyle/CAS Colorado Springs truly cares for employees. We are continuously updated on the happenings within Wyle Inc, by having regular gatherings (local breakfasts) occasionally. This is usually a great time for our managers to let us know what is going on within the company, how current contracts are going, what our customers are saying and if they are pleased with our work. There is a focus on families, and our holidays are always emphasized, with holiday family get togethers at the CAS Office each season. It's a great time for everyone to bring food, and share.
Pros
Vision, 401K, Dental, Legal, Insurance, Management
Cons
Not much
excellent experience
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Impressive company, offers a lot of opportunity for employees. A job at Wyle would be fantastic!! Wyle offered 401k, great benefits for fulltime employees and very family-friendly.
Pros
excellent mentoring
Cons
Excellent place to work & great team comradery!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Wyle CAS team, although it was short lived. Daily management I worked with created a team environment - great communication and there were no "Big I's and "Little U's."
Pros
401K
Government Contractor
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT ANALYST/ TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 18, 2013
Same as all other government contractor companies, they do provide educational reimbursement.
Pros
no perks
Cons
no coffee, no water, many cuts...no raise in 3 years
Work
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  MDDecember 22, 2015
Love the company and the people they have helped me become the person I am today and I have learned so much from my mentors that I couldn't thank them enough if I got the chance.
Good Company - Challenging
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 13, 2014
Wyle provides a challenging work environment where you have the opportunity to do many different tasks which will test your abilities.
Pros
If you like to be challenged this is a company you will like.
Cons
Job Work/Life Balance can get out of balance because the work load can be great.
Majority of the individual that work in the Arlington office are outgoing, friendly and professionally oriented.
F-35 Senor FMS Airframe Engineer (Israel) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 14, 2013
Currently, most of my work is ansering engineering questions outside my perview, putting together presentations using outside sources, and very little hands on efforts.
Pros
Benefits are reasonable compared to other local companies.
Cons
No managment backing. Continuing rebidding of contracts.
Great company to work for.
Junior Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 23, 2015
Great people, great managers, just an all around great experience. I was in a position to get a lot of extra training and valuable hands on skills.
Wyle
SR. XML DEVELOPER (NATIP/NATOPS) (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDSeptember 27, 2015
Daily work requires development and maintenance of XML DTDs and FOSI required for Naval Flight Manuals and development of new XML tools to enhance production and reduce costs. I personally designed all of the XML applications for two types of flight manuals (NATOPS and NATIP).
Pros
Great people to work with, great company
Cons
Government customer can be difficult to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyle. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2