WYNDHAM HOTELS AND RESORTS Employee Reviews in United States

Great company back in the day
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
I worked for this company for over 10 years, transferring from Philadelphia PA to Bellingham, WA to Cleveland OH and lastly to Atlanta GA. They were my introduction to the industry and trained me to be the superb sales professional that I am today. The company was unable to maintain their market share and the brand took a nose dive in the late 90's.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Company lost momentum
Productive and fun working environment.
Complex Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
Hospitality, fun and a board range of expertise among the management team. The associates are loyal and long term employees.
Pros
Free Parking and Dry Cleaning
Cons
Redmodel and restructure.
micro managed, terrible work-life balance
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
micro managed, terrible work-life balance, bad management
Fun workplace however not enough employees.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 7, 2013
There are not really any typical days in the hospitality industry, each day is different, I enjoy dealing with guest and employees alike. The most difficult part of my job is lack of employees, the most enjoyable is to work with co-workers hand and hand.
Pros
people and owners
Cons
benefits and advancement
Lively and fun place to work.
Night Auditor/Manager/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2012
Typical day at work: Greeted and checked guest in and out of the hotel, answered phones and transferred incoming and room to room calls, managed hotel and night staff, audited transactions for the day, balanced credit cards and reset system for the next day made sure all accounts were paid and settled for events and upcoming events. That is were I learned excellent customer service. Management there was very good always helpful making sure I had everything I needed to move up there as I did. My co-workers as a line employee and a manager were great we always had a lot of fun. The hardest part of my job there was having to deal with the customers when we didn’t have a room for them, they were pretty angry to say the least, but I managed to always work it out. The most enjoyable part of my job there was again the customers; it was a corporate hotel so we become very familiar with our customers.
Pros
i was able to meet people from all walks of life.
Cons
not having rooms for people