Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,077 reviews matching the search
a good place to work
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 28, 2016
I just started the job and i'm liking it so far. i'm looking forward to making this a long time career. an maybe moving up in the company also.
A caregiver job
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 27, 2016
Before I start my job, I put everything in order. Sometimes I train new employees, and also help my co-workers when I'm done with my section. Since I'm used to the job, everything is mostly easy for me. I'm a fast worker and a very passionate one, I always finish before my exact time. I enjoy talking to the guests and taking care of their needs.
Pros
the management
Cons
the benefits
Clean and friendly
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 24, 2016
It is very clean and awesome management. Very friendly. Needs more amenities. Very pet friendly. Needs different uniforms and not scrubs.
Own personal office
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 23, 2016
Day to day overseeing property requirements and making sure employees are performing at a high level at all times. Proper management of employees provides best customer service. Employees felt that they could be open and bring and concerns regarding work and personal issues to me.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
No health benefits
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJune 23, 2016
Maintained a healthy and positive environment while housekeeping. Cleaning the rooms to satisfy the costumers who were staying the night.
A comfortable place to be
Front Desk Manager / Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 23, 2016
The most important part of the job is satisfying my guest making sure I leave an ever lasting impression. The hardest part of my position is the end of the day when there is nothing left to do. My co-workers are very funny they try very hard to get the job done its never a dull moment at the work place.
Pros
bonus
Cons
leaving the premise
Fun job with oppertunity for advancement
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 21, 2016
I did not work for Wyndham. I worked for a company that took over the Super 8/ Ramada when the owners lost it. We kept it up and running until it was bought by someone new.
enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 19, 2016
Loved it. Worked with the restaurant staff to deliver a great experience. Paid out wait staff (gratuities) at the end of each shift. I ran receipts and prepared financial reports for the auditor. Cashiered private parties and conferences.
Juice isn't worth the squeeze
Community Marketing Agent (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2016
I cannot put my heart and soul into company where I am just a number. This company is strictly about numbers. I have shown production, but I do not feel like I am part of a team. I am looking for a company that I can grow with.
independent, calm work environment
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475June 17, 2016
Spent my shifts assisting customers with their needs and setting up the dining area as needed. Shifts were worked mostly alone, handling all cash and technical procedures.
productive place to work in
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
Very good companty to work for, career growth and many benefits. Great co workers and learned alot. too much manual work that should be eliminated
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Bad, just bad
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 15, 2016
Restaurant was/is in terrible condition, trying to get things fixed was like pulling teeth. Wasn't allowed to adequately compensate quality employee's, got stuck with low skilled employee's with bad attitudes in a kitchen that lacked even the most basic of maintence. The hotel management at the time was just....bad.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Hawthorn Suites Typical Job LIFE
Hotel Front Desk Agent/ Night Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2016
Hawthorn Suites was a great learning ground for me. I was located near the DFW airport which was a great location for guests on business trips and Groups. We were often busy and even busier during storms or bad weathers. I would be the only person working with over 20 people to check in at the front desk. I could have happy customers and yet frustrated customers that were still frustrated over their flight delay. I've learned to deal with the fact that sometimes we will get angry customers. I always keep my customer service intact and go above and beyond to change the mood of my customers. If I fail to do so, I just keep trying anyway. I've had many customers apologize and praise me for staying on top of my game, giving everyone a speedy check-in and yet keeping a great attitude. I had great co-workers who were there because they wanted to work and wanted the best for the hotel and our guests, and yet I had co-workers who were there for the money. Management was great and I learned a lot of customer service and back office skills from my management team. The hardest part of work is probably when we have a storm and everyone is calling from the airport at the same. I am answering phone calls and checking in guests altogether. I can get 5 calls at once. My job is to sell out the hotel so although I am the only one, I get the phone information down and let the guest know I will call them back shortly while keeping an eye on the vacancy of my hotel. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and learning new things every day. There is many things that I've learned from the hotel  more... and I am grateful for that opportunity. It was my first job after high school while I was a student at North Lake Community College. I was given the opportunity to work with a great team and great managers.  less
great lil place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
I loved interacting with guest helping them get around the Island, we had a great team. I learned there registration system, and how to listen to guest if they was dissatisfied and help them resolve the problem.
Pros
discount on rooms
Cons
working nights and weekends
fun job i really enjoy working there.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 12, 2016
I would come in prepare breakfast when I was a breakfast attended. Clean up breakfast area and put things away afterwards. For housekeeping I did whole rooms and stay overs.
I really enjoy doing that.
friendly work environment
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 11, 2016
Responsible for checking guests in and out. Taking payments for posted reservation charges. Executing weekly unit inspections and communicating any safety hazards to dispatch and maintenance. Completing and totaling up all daily charges for night audit.
Fast pased under staffed
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 10, 2016
UNDER STAFFED, over worked, not a classy environment. Not thrilled with the work load or environment. Current management is not on point.
Can be very demanding
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJune 9, 2016
This job is one that will leave you drained at the end of the day. A higher standard of professionalism is needed but if other needs aren't met that are out of your control, you will receive the harsh end of things. You act as the face of the business and all complaints mostly are vented towards the front desk staff (even when it is not your fault).
fun fast paced place to work
Engineer Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJune 8, 2016
Every day is a new adventure with great people. Employee perks are great for your own travels. Location is one of the best in the Dells area.
I learned a lot in my time at Best Suites.
Front Desk & Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2016
I was only 18/19 years old, but was a management trainee. My hospitality experience taught me a lot about customer/guest service, which is helpful in nearly any line of work.