Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,046 reviews matching the search
Horrible Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 29, 2016
The job seems great at first, but I applied as a part-time employee and worked more than a full time employee. I applied as part time because I am going to college. No benefits for part time. Management is awful. Does not schedule enough people to work and does not give correct hours for payroll. Ive lost money working here. I got paid more for my vacation time than actually working. And oh yeah, dont plan on calling out sick unless you want to get fired. Every time you call out sick, you get an occurrence. Too many occurrences and you get fired. I do not reccommend this job at all!!! Especially to anyone applying to it in reno!
Pros
Cons
Everything (not even kidding)
good place to work , employees are fun and easy to get along with
front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 1, 2016
I love my job. I enjoy seeing the people that stay with us on a regular basis as well as new faces. The job has its perks and lows as any job does. There needs to be opportunity for advancement. I myself have been there for two years and still where I was when I started. Our co-workers are great ! We joke everyday. There is not a dull moment with the girls. We are like family. I have learned a lot of new and valuable things that will help me in other aspects. If I ever do decide to leave , this will definitely be a place I will miss. You don't often find a job that you really enjoy and guests / customers ask for you by name. It makes you feel good knowing that you are good at your job and guests appreciate you.
Pros
fun, family atmosphere with co-workers and guests
Cons
no opporunity for advancement or raise
HOA Accounting-Very Poor Management
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
HOA Accounting Department-Each accountant is overloaded with specific resorts. No one is adequately trained including management. You will feel overwhelmed and stressed out on a daily basis. Even if you are being a team player and trying your hardest with minimum training, management will continually to push you towards unrealistic goals. There seems to be a long history of this type of management in the HOA Dept. They will also expect you to work long hours and weekends. And management is very unprofessional they will talk down to you. No opportunities to grow within the department or company. Other managers don't really hire internally from other departments. Management forms clique's like high school, you can be a great worker, but if one manager doesn't like you for personal reason's, your career at Wyndham will go no where! The sad thing is the job is not that complicated if you had the correct training and leadership
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, poor management, no training, stressful work environment
Working in a strond team that can make negative situations into a positive one
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2016
I was good at discovering what was important to my clients when they arrived at the resort. I enjoyed giving them a great experience while they stayed with us. We were responsible for setting them up with an update to go over any new programs or resorts. I always incouraged them to do that because we were forever changing. The hardest part of the job was not being able to set a client up for an update and that hurt your penetration. We had certain goals to make on owners and nonowners. It was very frustrating to help a client but not able to set them up for an update either because they refused or because they weren't qualified. This hurt your production even though there was nothing you could do. We had a great team that helped each other make sure we reached our goals.
Pros
discounts on vacations, great benefits, team players
Cons
Long hours standing, crazy schedule, high production hurdles
In House Marketing
customized concierge service and marketing efforts (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLMarch 28, 2016
While there is opportunity to make some money, it's not as much as they want you to believe. New hires get very little training and after only a month you're thrown into the deep end and are expected to meet the same requirements as other marketers that have been in the business for years (some have transferred from sales to marketing) so it's pretty much sink or swim.
Benefits
Cons
Too much pressure, high stress, lack of training, questionable sales techniques, no work-life balance
Poor Management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAMarch 1, 2016
I did not like working for this company at all. At first management was very nice and inviting but after a month or so they turn very mean and rude. They sit at home watching you on the security camera all day. When there was a customer complaint or a very upset customer they would hide in the office and tell us to tell them that they were not here and that we were not allowed to call them. The customers would be screaming in our faces calling us bad names and management would be hiding in the office watching it on the cameras.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no benefits
worked everyday
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOMarch 28, 2016
IN the morning I would come in and make all the housekeepers papers for the tasked we was doing that day.i learned how to talk to people and computer skills.
management was not that great they would never help and I worked with all women so there was a lot of fighting.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get people to do there job right.i did not really enjoy this job I just stayed cause it was stable for me at the time.
Pros
take breaks whenever
Cons
no benifits
Not recommended
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2016
Really fast paced environment. Management is ok, but not very understanding when emergencies occur. Co-workers were good, lots of team work. Liked meeting new people from countries overseas.
No time for lunch at all, you eat as you go.
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
No advancement, poor salary, no benefits, and no pto or overtime paid.
enjoy meeting new people
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCNovember 6, 2015
hotel would be better once remodeling is finished guest complaints on rooms and housekeeping front deskcatches more slack from guest on this and when reported to management nothing is done due to being family members working housekeeping we need a supervisor over housekeeping to clear a lot of issues with the rooms. The owner is very nice to work for but need to follow through with the changes he states he wants to make with management and housekeeping
Pros
learning different hotel system than the hampton inn love some of the fellow staff members
Cons
no healthcare or raises for those who try to do their job the best to their ability
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This was a great company to work for, and had awesome benefits. I had some health issues while I was there and required open heart surgery. When I was released to go back to work I wasn't fully recovered so I resigned. Since then I had to have another surgery to correct the problem with the first.
Pros
Great management, great benefits, great hours
Cons
A lot of people could not get approved for financing.
Laid back productive workplace
Front Desk Receptionist / clerk fulltime (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 6, 2016
a typical day at work would be busy . I learn different things each day . management is ok gotten waaaaaay better over the months . my coworkers are great . the job isn't hard at all besides guest accommodation and the most enjoyable part is meeting people from all over the world
Cons
no insurance, no overtime, no paid vacay no benefits period
Professional work environment
Manager, Product Development & Integration (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2016
Learned problem solving, leadership skills, management, training and development and how to be a better professional. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people, mentoring, coaching, training, developing and seeing them grow professionally.
Pros
Great benefits
Nice atmosphere! great learning experience.
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 15, 2015
I have been at this job for a year now, although this job offers stability there is no progression. I have taken on a supervisor position and i do learn something new everyday. This job offers a great learning experience in the manner i have learned how to deal with a certain type of guest, situations as well as employees. I see here that it is so important to finish what you start. This job has taught me to be very thorough in my work and communication.
Pros
steady paced atmosphere.
Cons
no benefits, no raises. no commission on sales.
Front Office Hotel Manager
Front Office Manager-Randee Talwar, GM/Owner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2015
My favorite part of the job was meeting people from all over the world and growing with the ever changing travel industry. You are one of the first to gain advance knowledge of major developments and events in the local area helping you stay active with the community and surrounding businesses. As an employee, Wyndham perks include hotel discounts throughout the franchise but benefits and holiday/vacation pay can lack depending on the individual property owner. Business hours are 24hrs a day 365 days a year so this job is ideal for anyone that needs flexibility. Good place to work if you like a corporate structure but a small business environment.
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Associates at Wyndham are hardworking, friendly people. The culture is very relaxed and welcoming. Work life balance is pretty flexible for most positions.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Cons
Does not do enough to develop non exempt associates.
Very biased enviroment to work in
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2016
The job itself was fine. Pay was good with monthly bonus. Management kept changing as well as the work environment and standards of the company. Enjoyed benefits and weekly pay period.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Poor work environment
good job, slow paced
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 20, 2016
Hardest part of shift is all the downtime when not with customers or doing work chores, isn't a fast paced job unless is a busy night.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no benefits, no full-time unless management, lots of down time
Night Auditor/Front Desk Receptionist
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Shift change, check for reservation and Guest checking out.
Drawer count. checking walking Guest, print vacant and occupied
Room list.
balance the pre audit Payments before running the night audit
Pros
busy place and big establishmenet, truckers and rail road workers, checking in at all times
Cons
no health and pension benifits
Great learning and sales environment
Resort Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 19, 2016
This is still Wyndham Resorts overall great work environment and management . Positive reinforcement for top producers, and great training.
Pros
Incentives, Travel and Benefits
Cons
turnover
No chance for advancement
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 11, 2015
I worked for an independent Days Inn, The Days Inn Burlington East in North Carolina. The managers hired me at 7.50 per hour with no benefits, no insurance, and no chance for advancement. They were often rude and did not make it easy to work there. I'm not judgmental at all, although I did see at times they thought that they were better than the people that they had working for them. There was a large turnover rate in the short amount of time I worked for this company. They found people off of the street to do their handy work and paint jobs. There was mold under the paint that was scraped off of the walls, which proved to me that they only completed the bare minimum to satisfy state laws. This was the dirtiest employer that I had ever worked for in my life.
Pros
No incentive. Just a job. No perks.
Cons
No healthcare. No lunch or break.