Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,746 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership United States Employee Reviews

Fast pace for 6 doctors to 1 Medical assistent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: enjoyed training patients
Cons: when patients don't comply to the doctors order
Patient care, capsule endoscopy, blood draws, injections, procedure room. had to give the patients IV fluids, educate the patients on Hep C protocol
fun work place
Motel desk clerk (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits and management were great
Had a wonderful time working for this company they i did front desk full time paid on time never had any problems with management. Hardest part of job was running up and down the stairs with cots, pillows, towels.
My worst work experience in IT
Engineer (Former Employee), PhoenixApril 22, 2015
Pros: Maybe your boss and coworkers are still in another state.
Cons: Poor workflow internally, lack of cooperation among teams
Disjointed management across the country, rival internal factions throwing stones defending their silos, no cohesive architecture across IT unilaterally, plus I simply felt entirely out of place there as the only person on my team in the location. I usually say, worst jobs in IT are for companies that IT wasn't and isn't their focus, like most treated IT as a burden, and there simply was no strong leadership I could tell that cared otherwise.

Very frustrating experience, only stayed a few months before moving on.

One of the better memories was watching several people playing solitaire every chance they got, which apparently was most of the day for some. They were on the "hotels" side, so apparently exempt from working.
Interesting!
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: short days
Cons: short to no breaks, no weekends off, everyone works hard and no appreciation!
A typical day at work is busy some days busier than others. On top of trying to keep a team motivated when the district manager don't care about anything except making money is aggravating.
Easy layed back job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Fairfield, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Hotel discounts are always good
Cons: Pay was never going to increase
This was a very nice place to work, very slow paced but very interesting. Management really wasn't involved with staff but where very flexible with schedule changes if needed.
Nice place to work with indoor pool.
Head Chef (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Nice place to work.
Cons: No off days.
I like working there I was my own boss and could really show my cooking skills at Wyndham Garden Hotel TX. The GM was always there for you anytime you need them. And we all was one big happy family.
Overall
Laundry Aide/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Port Angeles, WAApril 20, 2015
Working for Days Inn was tough but it wasn't a bad job. I loved my manager and my co-workers they were all very nice. Though I must say the hardest part was that you only got a certain amount of time to get the job done and then move on to the next room. Overall it wasn't bad and I wouldn't mind going back.
GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT
MAINATNENCE (Former Employee), VIRGINIA BEACH, VAApril 20, 2015
LEARNED A GREAT DEAL ABOUT HANDY WORK AND POWER TOOLS EXCEPTIONAL STAFF MET NEW PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD LEARNED A GREAT DEAL ABOUT DIFFERENT CULTURES
Really enjoyed working here.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Burns, ORApril 19, 2015
The management was great. I became friends with all my coworkers and I enjoyed the environment! Very nice people and very nice vacation location!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2015
• Shift Deposit
• House Keeping when needed
standing
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Meridian, MSApril 16, 2015
Pros: standing all day
Cons: 30 min lunch break
standing all day was hard on me but at the same time the job was easy to do and didnt take long another hard part of the job was not knowing who you would be working with and what kind of people i would have to deal with every day but thankfully i worked with nice people and made several friends
Beautiful Hotel
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast
Cons: Management changed hands.
I sold the meeting rooms and conference rooms. Managed meetings, and banquets.The hardest part of this job were the different hours I would need to be on property for events. The most enjoyable part of the job was when events were over and the guest were happy.
Fast Paced Environment
Community Marketig Sales Representative (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Resorts are fun places to be - people are usually excited about their vacation.
Cons: Seasonal work - seasonal pay
Myrtle Beach is in the top 10 most visited beaches in the U.S. For this reason you have the opportunity to work with many different personalities from all walks of life. You have one shot at closing the sale so you must be able to overcome objections quickly.
good job for someone who doesn't have a family
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), ashland, ohApril 15, 2015
Pros: easy, fun
Cons: pay, benefits
I liked my job, however the pay was very minimal to support 2 children on, wasn't able to live on my own while working there. Fairly easy job.
Loved working with my girls
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: work was never boring
Cons: I thought the housekeepers and Laundry personal should be payed more.
I started each day at 6:30 am with setting the housekeepers work sheets for the day checking to see how many check in and checkout we had talking to kitchen and wait staff as well as front desk to see if any problems from the night before and taken care of those. I learned how to deal with guest in all types of situations. I like working with Mr. Pozin he was hard but fair with everybody. I love the people there it felt like family. Toughest part of the job was balancing the work load because the house count could change hourly and when you are trying to make schedules for the next week sometimes it didn't workout. Having time with my staff during meeting and letting them know when they had done a good job. I will miss those Ladies.
Productive and Entertaining
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 14, 2015
Pros: fun, interactive, supportive
Cons: rude customers
I love this job because in a short time I have learned a lot. The people are awesome and nice and supportive. I love the fact that I feel as though I can advance. I was hired within a day of my interview and was contacted for an interview very fast.
already answered
Marketing Administrator Coordinator (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLApril 12, 2015
7:00-7:30 TOUR RECEPTION MANIFEST VALIDATION
7:30-10:00 LAST MINUTE CORRECTIONS FOR PRELIMS
10:00-10:30 RUNNING TR REPORT FOR PRELIMS
10:30-10:45 FORMULATING EXCELING AND WEEKLY SUMMARY FOR MANAGERS AND TEAMS
10:45-11:55 CURRENT WEEK DISPO / ASST SHONTERI WITH TR DEP (creating CRS #'s)
11:55-1:00 CHANGE REQUEST FOLLOW UPS / LAST MINUTE DIRTY PAYROLL CORRECTIONS
1:00-1:30 LUNCH
1:30-4:00 CURRENT WEEK DISPO
4:00-5:00 END OF THE DAY TR VALIDATION
Laid Back atmosphere
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Prattville, ALApril 11, 2015
Pros: Laid Back, Friendly, Job Security
Cons: No insurance, Little pay, Not much free time away from work
A typical day at work include coming in, waiting for guest to arrive, set up the breakfast bar, and run the audits.

management is great!
all but 1 coworker is great. the other one has a bad attitude, frequently misses works and is very rude to customers.

the hardest part of job is not having time with my family

the most enjoyable is the night shift because its laid back .
NO COMMENT
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2015
I liked the people I worked with however it's nearly impossible to get all the work done on the property when the some of my crew are not doing their jobs thoroughly. What I have learned from this job is to do your job the best you can and if it's not enough then it's time to go elsewhere where my expertise is appreciated
Challenging Sales Job
Front-Line Sales Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2015
Pros: Short term and Long term disability included
Cons: somedays you wait around all day and dont get a tour, so no income. PTO and vacation time doesnt acrue until you've been with the company for some time.
Supposed "Count on Me" atmosphere, however when you're "on tour" it's every man for himself. Management is lacking except for a couple exceptional examples, otherwise it's "go on a learn for yourself, that is until you make a considerable amount of sales, then we'll work with you".

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Salaries