Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,621 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Productive and Interesting place to work
General Manger (Current Employee), Laplace, LAJanuary 25, 2015
- Productive and busy providing better service to customers
- Better attitude for better service
- Better management to keep business competitive
- Sometimes dealing with hard customers
- Service to customers and enjoy job related interactions
Sales and Marketing
Timeshare Salesperson (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: sales trainning and bonuses
Cons: no sick time
It was a fun and fast pace sales environment. The compensation was good. The only drawback was that it was a seasonal position.
Busy day makes for a fast day.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hours and location
Cons: healthcare
8 hours cleaning rooms vacated by check-ins... It was a self paced environment, Management was very knowledgeable. Great company to work for would do it again. HIRING?
Rather busy business; especially during the Summer months
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Depending on the shift worked I did laundry and light housekeeping, made reservations or if I worked the over night shift I did the night audit.
Dead end position due to the fact that time shares have seen their heyday, and the state of New York doesn't want time share industry here.
Marketing Rep (Former Employee), West side of ManhattanJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: no scheduled time for breaks, and always new people to pitch.
Cons: not enough guest traffic to get the kind of numbers we needed to make good money.
Every day was different because we had to practically chase down the guests to pitch them. Most guests were international, and much of what we gave away for time share tour signers was more beneficial to guests that were also US citizens. Management never was clear on what they wanted, and they made many promises they never followed through on.My co-workers were great people, but, they faced the same music I did. All in all, the best part about any sales or marketing position is always when we get the "yes" that we strive for.
Great mentors
IN HOUSE MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee), orlando, flJanuary 23, 2015
Sales analysis. Profit per tour. Created strategic vents and pitches to drive sales
Great Company
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Surfside, WAJanuary 22, 2015
I loved in interaction with the guest and being of service when they needed extra help or time.
A Day at Super 8
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee), Waverly, IAJanuary 22, 2015
Started off by going in early and getting off usually befor 2pm. The day would be fast and productive.
GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: discounted rooms
Assisting customers with questions and concerns. Checking customers in and checking out. Processing payments. Used system to account for rooms occupied to determine availability.
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Oversaw the day to day operations of the hotel. Performed front desk duties, online rate management, and brand standards.
If you're a good seller you'll do very well
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: product, culture, locations, hours, benefits from day one
Cons: you will work holidays and weekends and you will be commission based, which is really a pro if you want that
I work in the face to face sales dept, have worked both frontline and in house. It has been a good company to work for. Good benefits, some of the best training in the industry, and there is an opportunity to advance quickly if you are a great salesman. It's a commission job so don't expect to make money immediately if you're inexperienced. It definitely is NOT easy, and you have to deal with a lot of negativity daily so having a great attitude is imperative.

The managers are great for the most part. They and the experienced reps go out of their way for those hungry to learn more. The company culture rewards the top sellers, as it should. Everyone is respectful and executives are not afraid to put disrespectful workers in their place. The employees in my office tend to be very friendly and hang out outside of the office, but I can't speak for every office. When I am forced to work more than 30 hours a week I complain in my head, but then I realize I'm spoiled for the money I make.

It is also a great product with lots of angles to sell compared to some other products in the industry so that makes it a bit better on us salesmen.
typical day at work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 20, 2015
would go into rooms that guests had stayed in and changed the beds and cleaned the rooms and the bathroom.
Productive atmosphere
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on hotel rooms
Cons: the people
The company itself was a great place to work. I learned how to manage my money better. I loved working with my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was people trying to be invested within my personal life and i did not agree with that. I enjoyed stepping out of my comforts zone, plus learned how to be a great marketer and meeting new people everyday
was my frist job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: was frist job i had
hot the people didn't have a good word about any thing I was my very frist job and they gave me a chance. I found out I like housekeeping and made a career out of it
Fair
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 20, 2015
Uncomfortable place to work at. A lot of bad things were going on.
laid back work
desk clerk (Former Employee), Atchison, KSJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: very easy job
Cons: did not get hardly any hours.
not a bad place to work pay was just to low and the only shift open was the weekend graveyard
Fun and informative.
Front Desk Clerk/Manager (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discounted rate at other wyndham properties.
Very pleasant to work in this indoor property. Always helpful online and in person. Directors and management handled each guest queries with great care and avoided any extra stress at the property level. Co-Workers were very pleasant to work with and easy to train. The hardest part was when guest was not satisfied and and maintain a good public relation. The most enjoyable part of working was meeting new people from different part of the country and make them feel appreciated and welcome to the South.
Great place to wrok
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Very nice place to work great staff and wonderful hours.very nice guest and wonderful work hours. Very nice work space and helpful staff would give this place a five star rating. would recommend working there. Very nice place. five stars. they have a new staff now so I don't know how it is now.
Management Stands behind you
Marketing Administrator Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Management works great with us. Anytime I have requested off it has been granted and when my father passed away they gave me more then enough time without asking questions. They are always looking to opportunities for one to grow within the company.
Nice Place to work with good beneficts
CMP Marketing Agent (Current Employee), Orlando FlJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: the ompany beneficts
Cons: same of the locations the company has are not kind of good locations to work making tours
In a day to day basis we need to solicit prospective guests in hotel lobbies, booths or other designated locations while providing signature concierge service. To qualify them to assure that they meet the guidelines for the sales presentation; if qualified, invite them to attend a vacation ownership presentation at a variety of Wyndham Resort locations in the area.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos