Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,320 reviews matching the search
How I feel
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILDecember 4, 2016
I've been with the company for 5 months, I'm told there won't be a raise or any benefits at all offered. I feel that the pay is despicable, how can anyone live off of $660 a month? Don't good employees deserve recognition? Why is there no raise offered after 90 days? I enjoy interacting with the public and I'm a faithful employee who feels unappreciated by the company she's employed by.
Good experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZDecember 3, 2016
Management was wonderful, understanding and easy to get along with. The job itself was easy to understand, and co-workers great. Learned how to deal with good customers, difficult and irate ones as well. Also learned SOFT HOTEL software, used in many hotels across the country. I would definitely work in this hotel again.
Pros
Good boss/manager, understanding and very fair.
Cons
none, other then not high pay scale.
Vacation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 3, 2016
Learned a lot about building my Personal Brand. Management for the most part do try to build the agents up and help them to improve their performance and build their skills.

Hardest part of the job was the constantly changing policies and regulations but it wasn't hard to adapt.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the family atmosphere.
Pros
Free Turkey at Thanksgiving, Descent Insurance
Cons
Managers show major favoritism. They have their cliqs.
Wyndham Vacations
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2016
Working for Wyndham is more about peace rate employer then an hourly employer. You have more days off then on. Pros of working for Wyndham, you get to meet great guest from all over the world.
Wyndham is a great company to work for.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
Wyndham can be a family company. Great colleagues and some opportunities to train and develop and a positive approach by most associates. Pay structure can be developed to better fit the employees. Communication from top can be slow but overall a good company.
Pros
they put a lot of effort in creating a diverse company.
Cons
Compensation could be better for employees.
Good place to work but poor managment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 1, 2016
I loved working there but in the end it was hard to work with management due to poor management skills. I learned that management was not open for new ideas. My co-workers were good at what they did and took what ever advice I gave them into consideration. The hardest part of the job was bringing problems to the new General Manager that was not trying to listen to anything that I had to say. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the guests.
Pros
Cons
no health care
General management change constinetly
Host (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CANovember 30, 2016
Went in for work and started setting up for breakfast/ brunch.
Learned about customer service. Management was changed consistently which was not a good thing.
Fun and easy going place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
The day start out with checking guest out from previous night. Making reservations for guests as well as checking guest in and out of the motel.Working with friendly co workers everyone got along. The hardest part of the job is having that one dissatisfied guest. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet a variety of people from all walks of life
Pros
meeting fun and energetic people
Cons
no vacation pay and no health benefits
Good place, Good people.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 30, 2016
Great place to work, lots of interesting guest to talk with, most employees and management get along great and respect each other
Pros
Good Wage.
Production and fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 30, 2016
I so loved working as the front of the house. I loved all my guest and knew everyone by name. This was a job I've always wanted to do cause your the first person to make them feel at home.

Want to know more about Wyndham Vacation Ownership?

Ask a question
Productive fun work place
HOUSE KEEPING (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work would be like milking a cow.
I learned how to just stay to my self and stay humble and have patience.
I love all my co workers
They hardest part of my job are dealing with very rude custermers so I just kill them with kindness and just smile.
The most enjoyable part about my job is clocking in and clocking out.
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Fast paced front desk work, people skills are a must!
Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARNovember 29, 2016
This job taught me to interact with people.
Day shift and evening shift are both busy, with costumers checking in/out respectively.
Night audit is slower paced, but requires more extensive training.
Hotel staff must work together as a unit in order to provide a comfortable, pleasant experience for the customer.
Pros
$ off hotel stays withing the franchise
Great work enviorment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 28, 2016
It was a very fast paced environment with great training and friendly efficient staff. I learned how to be a food sever as well as a housekeeper.
Notagood place to work
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GANovember 27, 2016
Not professional or family oriented. Theydo notcare about the employee. Or when empk2have emergencies. No matter how hard you work they do not care. Don't pay overtime.
Stable job, but not the most desirable job
Front Desk Clerk - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 27, 2016
I enjoyed the days where it was slow and there was not much to do, because the worst thing about them was that it was boring. On busy days it could either be great or a disaster depending on guest behavior.
On the job, I learned how to deal with people of all types, both good and bad.
Management was alright; very professional but not very relatable.
I enjoyed some of my co-workers, despite there being a pretty big age gap.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with undesirable guests.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when all of my busy work was done and I could monitor the building and pass time however I like.
Pros
Easy job, lots of free time, good pay
Cons
Undesirable customers, no job mobility
only a good place to stay not work
Housekeeper, Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 25, 2016
only good place to stay not work. nice to guest not employees and they over work them.not good with communcation with employees and everyday was a hassle with mixed up boards with rooms to clean
It's okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake City, SCNovember 24, 2016
Really can't complain.. Easy to learn job especially if you already know about hair products.. Starts you off at 7.50. Just clean up rooms and greet guest.
managment will kill you
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 24, 2016
Horrendously inefficient with poor management and a declining need for proper customer service. You will be lied to and then treated with utter disrespect.
Pros
discounts on hotels
Cons
no benefits at all
Hospitality
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 24, 2016
Wingate offered me my first opportunity in getting into the hospitality and restaurant business. Here I learned what it would take to start off as a front desk clerk and be promoted to Assistant General Manager through working hard and making choices others didn't want to. I had a great boss who mentored me as I came up through the promotions.
Pros
Working with the public
Good work environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 22, 2016
Great properties; they focus on creating positive customer experiences. They also place emphasis on leadership development and employee engagement....

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location