Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,391 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

challenging
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Xenia, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: creative controll
Cons: no benifits
many obstacles to overcome. learned too do a lot with very little
Good
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Good company to work for, great experience and co-workers. I like meeting people and I was able to do that here since they were new and return guest to service on daily basis.
loved working here near the ocean
Hotel Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Alpine, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: hawaii living
every day was fun and worth the time spent at work I had a blast in this environment.
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, MTSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great work environment and management
Cons: too slow during the late fall and winter months with very few hours to be had.
I enjoyed working with everyone at this job. Typical day at work was checking people in and out of the hotel and daily upkeep of the lobby and breakfast area and assisting with laundry. The hardest part of the job was during the slow season when there was not much to do and hours were cut back.
Fast pace environment with a fun and family orianted work culture.
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k with company matching, fun work environment
Cons: late work hours, stressful at times because of irate owners
Worked in a call center on a fast pace blended dialer taking inbound and making outbound collection calls. Management took extra care to make sure we were always up to date with our training and development plans. There was a wonderful work culture which kept the job fun and lively. The hardest part of the job was working with irate owners but once – more... I started utilizing my training I was able to de-escalate the situation. That turned into the most enjoyable part of the job; helping our owners. – less
Enjoyed my working with my co-workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Davenport, IASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: our managers were very understanding
Cons: health insurance could heve been better
Our managers and the co-workers were the best thing about the job. Everyone worked hard to try to please the higher ups. We not only had to make sure that our customers were happy but we also had to make sure that the restaurants had clean napkins. All of us worked together to attain that goal. We also had alot of potlucks and parties.
Fun place to work, because you came in contact with all types of people.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on rooms in the whydham family.
Cons: telling last minute guest, looking for rooms that we were sold out.
I enjoyed this job, because I helped all types of people. Whether it was giving directions, booking a reservation over the phone, Helping vacationers, or assisting guest for entertainment that weekend.
Good team of hourly employees. Outstanding view.
Front Desk (Former Employee), Stateline, NVSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great hourly crew. amazing view.
Cons: corporate has little/no regard for individual employees. stifles managers from being real managers.
Having worked in hospitality industry for 30+ yrs I was sorely disappointed in the corporate environment that permeated every hour of every day. I believe my resort manager had the best interests of her hourly employees at heart, but with point based discipline/attendance policy, standards set in what are called ROPs and DOPs (both determined by corporate) – more... the most common phrase I heard was 'my hands are tied' . The pay is minimal, and while the sales staff is able to earn extra "bonus" rewards, the front line for the resort has no such incentives, and in my case, even verbal acknowledgement of customer service comments was non-existent. Over all I believe the sales crew was/is much happier with their circumstances in this company then anyone with any real experience could possibly be in the guest service side of things. – less
Meeting people
Secretary (Former Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, flexibility with my schedule, and understandable managers
Cons: the hours
A typical day would start off by counting the drawer. We would have to make sure the drawer was at $300.00 unless it was a busy day then the drawer might have $500.00. Next we would do our call around which is just calling the other hotels to see how many avaliabilities they have. Afterwards we would print off our emergency reports just in case. Then – more... you would answer phone calls, sort out your paper work by VI, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Cash, or Check.
I learned how to speak with customers, how to resolve issues, how to communicate with co-workers, how to fix credit card errors, etc.
The managers were nice and fair to everybody including customers.
My co-workers were very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all around the world. – less
nice place to work,very good manager
Breakfast Person & Landry (Former Employee), Pleasantville, NJSeptember 10, 2014
The staff is very friendly and goes out of they're way to help you.
Bad but good constant work
Painter (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 8, 2014
enjoyed my time with co workers but not my bosses. never were on top of anything and never were on time
Great Benefits, Little Compassion to Life Events
Lead Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, entreprenuership
Cons: sales vs. guest services, points based attendance policy
Coming from a background in hotel operations management, working the guest services department was not fast-paced or challenging enough to keep my interests. Although, there is room to use your creativity and entrepreneurial skills if you have a mind to make processes more efficient.

The benefits were great in regards to insurance coverage, travel – more... discounts, and paid time off if you were granted the time off to use it.

The point based attendance policy tends to work against the company when it comes to life events and hinders management from being able to apply humanity (even when they want to because attendance is all tracked through corporate) such as family illness or unexpected events and accidents.

Also, the sales mentality that intrudes on guest experience is the biggest battle that Guest Services faces as Vacation Owners and Rental Guests who are expecting a relaxing vacation face the unrelenting push to buy more points or take sales tours. – less
It gave me my first opportunity to get my foot in the door and get experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: it gave me the opportunity to get my foot in the door to get experience.
Cons: the new management did not care about their employees
It gave me the chance to understand how the kitchen works at a hotel.
Productive and Fun working environment with employees
Front Desk (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discount on other hotel chains for myself and family
Cons: no healthcare plan
Check in/out guest, Make Reservations, Answer phone calls answering any questions or concerns, Assign the rooms, Make keys, Make sure rooms are ready for use when guest arrives.
I learned how much I can affect the guest stay by making them feel welcome and by smiling and communicating with guest. By being nice and resolving any concerns with communication – more... and personal people skills I learned by doing so guest will give the hotel a better rating and want to come back due to the hospitality.
My co workers were all very hard working as well as myself, they were reliable and energetic and fun to work with.
The Hardest part in my opinion about this job was dealing with assertive guest. By dealing with angry guest I would have to maintain a level head and resolve to problem as best my knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of working at Baymont was meeting new people every day and talking to my guest getting to know them and doing my best to make them have a comfortable and welcoming stay. – less
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2014
While I was only there a short period as I was only living in Virginia for family matters, working here was an adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed my coworkers as well as management.
always smile and customers are always ri
Housekeeping (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2014
one day at work i learned to be patient with my customers and listen sometimes you can learn new things and i think the hardest part is reputition every thing is timed and so much paper work but I still pushed through and get all my work done
Great opportunity for those with the skills
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee), Destin, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits provided
Cons: very hard to sell people
Overall i have no complaints, its a great company to work for if you can make good money doing it. They have an hourly base pay but allow great pay for above and beyond results in sales. Absolute great management available..
potential to be great job with better management and marketing
Sales (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2014
any day could be different a great salesman could see no possible sales opportunities. If the structure enabled a fair share of the potential clients it would have been great
educational
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great job to make a career out of.
Cons: no benefits
it was fun to learn the skills that they gave me to become a maintenance assistant.
Good Company to learn hotel business
Night Auditor (Former Employee), VASeptember 5, 2014
-Enjoyed customer interaction
-Management gave clear direction
-Lots of work for little pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos