Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,559 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Fun, fast pace enviroment
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: when a guest is dissatisfied
Meeting with coworkers from the shift before me
Following up with any issues or concerns from earlier that day
Greeting Guests
Checking guests in and out of rooms
Cash handling and credit card transactions
Answering phone calls
Performing Night Audit and balancing revenue of the day
Loved meeting new people.
Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MODecember 23, 2014
Pros: love meeting and working with people.
Cons: very low pay and no insurance.
I was Front Desk Manager so just about everything was under my supervision. Payroll, Collections, Bookkeeping, Typing and Computer entries as well as making sure all the guest were very happy with their stay.
A good company to work with.
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee), Wildwood, FLDecember 21, 2014
Love working as a Front desk clerk. Get to meet new people everyday. Very easy job to check-inn and check-out customers into Softhotel software.
Ability Summary
housekeeping (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
Experience in performing light cleaning duties to maintain private household and commercial establishment in a clean and ordering manner,including making beds,washing lines,cleaning rooms,and vacuuming
Very fun work place!
reservations sales agent (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SDDecember 16, 2014
The work place itself is very clean. The only problem is I wish they'd rehire sooner than 6 months. I loved working there but I had to help my mom with chemo and they would not let me take off during training so I had to resign.
Exciting to meet new people everyday, good work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 15, 2014
Pros: the tips left by the guest
Cons: no healthcare benefits ava.
Typical day of work required 20-25 rooms on some days less.
Learned to be a team player and often helped others get ahead. Management was very helpful and explained a lot . The co-workers there where very polite and helpful in matters if not understood correctly and I think the hardest part of the job was the hours.
But I enjoyed my time there and the – more... co-workers and the guest made the day go by fast. – less
with opportunities to meet all different types of individuals on a daily basis
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2014
A great company with opportunities to meet all different types of individuals on a daily basis.
No longer in business
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: closed down
Good job but it was a 24hr job. But id you are career orientated this is for you.
Good job
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good job
Good place to work nice people and decent pay. I recommend this place
not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 11, 2014
Cons: everyrthing
i was there about 6 months. never enough supplies. the management treated the guest and there employees rude no respect. i like most of the co workers some were very rude though. i cleaned rooms and made beds. i like knowing that people were coming into a clean room and hear there compliments.
Days Inn of Hamilton Alabama
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ALDecember 11, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: unreasonable work hours, tasks not in job description
The job is easy but the management is terrible. Being a front desk clerk, does not include being a maintenance person. When I accepted the job, I was told I would be expected to run the front desk, but after I took the job, I was told I had to clean the pool, put vents back on the side of the building and fix various items around the complex. On top – more... of that they wanted me to work up to twelve hours a day and not pay any overtime pay, I was not on salary, I was paid hourly. They did not offer and benefits at all. The best part of the job was the co-workers and the customers. – less
Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Delivered great customer service, set room rates, monitor income expenses, interview, hire staff, and supervise other staff. Managed hotel with quality assurance standards of Days Inn.Generated new cliental for hotel to increase revenue. Marketed to other business to join alliances to bring more cliental in town.
PRODUCTIVE AND CHALLENGING PLACE OF BUSINESS
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS CHALLENGING BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.AS AN EMPLOYEE, I ALWAYS CAME PREPARED. I LEARNED A LOT WITH THIS COMPANY AND ADVANCED TO A HIGHER POSITION WITH THE RESPONSIBLITY OF MAKING SURE EVERTHING WAS UP TO PAR IN THE HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT. MANAGEMENT WAS OUTSTANDING WORKING WITH THE EMPLOYEES, BUT THEY WERE VERY – more... ATTENTIVE TO EVERY NEED. UNFORTUNATELY, CO WORKERS WERE FEW, BUT I HAVE WORKED WITH DEDICATED AND COMMITTED CO WORKERS. HOWEVER, THE CHALLENGING PART OF THE JOB WAS LACK OF STAFF. IN CONTRAST, I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING MULTIPLE TASKS TO ENSURE WORK WAS COMPLETED. THEREFORE, I ENJOYED EVERY ASPECT OF MY JOB AND MAKING SURE THE GUESTS STAY WAS AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE DURING THEIR STAY. – less
not much
Front Desk Clerk , head housekeeper (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 9, 2014
Cons: everything
not much to advance, bad manager .The front desk manager is rude to customers, we get complains afters complains and the owner does not believe, were losing business because of him.
Great Place to Work
Gifting Coordinator (Current Employee), myrtle beach scDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: performance standards
Wyndham is a great company to work for. Being that it is so huge there are tons of opportunities for advancement or relocation. I tried being a OPC, when I struggled with that, I was able to transfer to a position that better suited by skills.
Supportive Owners, Clean Rooms, and Employees Truly Work as a Team!
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 9, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks paid vacation time the 1st year, supportive team atmosphere, accommodating owners, freedom to make decisions as needed
Cons: hospitality doesn't pay well, no health insurance, no paid sick time.
It is very refreshing to work with a group of people who really support one another daily. The owners are incredibly accommodating to schedule needs and the housekeepers keep the rooms immaculate!
Poor management and low pay.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Fortuna, CADecember 8, 2014
While I worked here, management gave almost no feed back or critiques on work quality, work was often distributed unevenly among workers. Difficult to completely clean each room in allotted times. A lot of gossip among co-workers. Almost always little work on slow days. Also the pay was low.
Loved the animals
Night Auditor and Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 6, 2014
Grooming was amazing to have such little furry creatures entrusting me with there care was the best as an animal love i have no complains
oj
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Saint Augustine South, FLDecember 6, 2014
A typical day at work I would have cleaned about 15 to 20 rooms. Folded laundry and helped in the breakfast area. At this job I learned, hospitality, cleanliness, how to change a vacuum bag and rubber piece, phone etiquette, and great greeting skills. The co workers where great and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was getting linen, – more... soap and things of that sort up the stairs. there where no elevators. The most enjoyable part would have to be the customer reactions to clean rooms and great service. – less
A great place to work
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 5, 2014
Pros: the discount on room rates
Cons: hours of work
You meet all different people from all over, they will share their stories of travel and other resorts to stay when you visit a certain city.
It is a relaxing place to work even during check in and check out time the pace is calm. That's all I have to say.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos