Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,799 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Wyndham hotel
Intern (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks
Cons: none
An excellent training experience I thoroughly enjoyed it due in part to the professionalism which was maintained and the can do attitude
Great place
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: great company to move up in
Cons: managment
A typical day is checking customers in, making orders, and checking inventory. Co-workers didn't take job to serious. Learned the steps on how to be a manager. Enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday from everywhere. Hardest part was learning management skills , from scheduling to ordering items we needed and inventory. Management needed a little work.
no benifits or health care, raises or promotions.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lisbon, OHMay 19, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benifits or health care
no benifits or health care. Hardest part of job is dealing with difficult people. Management is rude and uncorropertve.
Horrible place to work
Laundry Manager (Former Employee), Durango, COMay 19, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Management was horrible and horrible employees were kept while the good employees got tired of the drama and politics and quit. Pay and hours are not guaranteed. Overall awful job.
Fun place to meet new people and provide a friendly service
Wedding Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), FloridaMay 18, 2015
Fun place to meet new people an provide a friendly service. Location is accessible to Theme Parks and other tourist attractions.
Growth Oriented Organization!
Regional Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 18, 2015
There's a lot of opportunity especially if you are open to relocating. There is a ton of positions and corporate is located in Orlando.
long nights
Night Audit (Current Employee), Green BayMay 18, 2015
I usually had to run the audit and print out papers as soon as I walked in, which would be around 11 pm I would most likely get done around 3 am and then not have very much to do. This job is good for someone who enjoys being up all night.
best place to work
Night Manager (Former Employee), Hialeah Gardens, FLMay 17, 2015
I worked there long ago and lots has changed but it was hands down the best company
we had lots of fun.. many times I regret leaving..
well organized job assignments
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great Christmas bonus
Cons: Getting done cleaning in time allowed
A typical day was usually15 or 16 rooms to clean. I learned to organize my time & finish in a timely manner. The managers were very accommodating & my co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was when I had a very messy room to clean The best part was when I was finished with a room & looked back to see the improvement.
Laid back style of work
Front Desk Clerk/Nigh Audit (Former Employee), Arkadelphia, ARMay 16, 2015
good place to work during the school year
Hardest part of job was the lack of communication between management and employee
If You Do Well, You'll Do REALLY well but don't plan on it....
Vacation Ownership Consultant and In-House Sales (Current Employee), Branson, MOMay 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits and people are great.
Cons: SOME of the upper manangement; favorites are definitely played.
Don't plan on going to work for Wyndham and making a ton of money. If you're willing to work hard, you'll do alright but it is mainly based around how hard you're willing to work and how much you're willing to sacrifice. Lots of training opportunities. People are generally willing to help. Watch the best and do exactly as they do and you'll make great money.
Great place, but a hyper-political environment
Senior Director (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 14, 2015
I worked with many great people and learned a lot, but at a certain level of management, office politics outweigh actual performance.
loved working here do to timing
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: just loved this job and hours
Cons: no benefits
My day would start after dropping kids off at school then work cleaning 16 rooms sometimes more, efficently and in a timely fashion.
Was a great job for me at the time.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible, and the downtime to futher enrich yourself
Cons: Is low paying, so you have to budget well or get a 2nd job.
Disclaimer, when I worked at Super 8 in Bozeman, MT, it was not part of Wyndham, but a privately owned franchise (might still be).

My typical day was walking to work, clocking in, and sitting at the desk, checking in and out customers, running reports, or just doing some basic customer service. Sometimes there was a lot of downtime, so I would work on programming, reading a book, or watching a tv show. A great job for students as well, so they could get some studying done in between tasks.

The management there was good, as well as my co-workers. I think the hardest part of the job was when I had a schedule that included all three shifts. Working the 7am to 3pm two days in a row, and then the 11pm to 7am the next two days, followed by a 3pm to 11pm shift, was really taxing. It could get hard staying up for that 11pm to 7am shift sometimes.

All in all, the job was really enjoyable. It truly was a job where you either made it a great or terrible job, since there was a lot of downtime. I made the best of it, by furthering my coding skill, as well as learning some more history, and other subjects I enjoyed.
Typical custodian type job.
Dishwasher/bus boy/ stock (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 14, 2015
Pros: fun working at a hotel.
Cons: lots of work.
Did not have a specific title to my position. just was watever my supervisor needed me to be at any given time. i did it all.
Good team to for for
Food Expediter (Current Employee), Jacksonville,FlMay 14, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. The work is light, I learned a lot about preparation of food and customer service. The hardest part is managing the serving of customers in cramped area. I enjoy being able to provide quality service and compliments on the food.
interesting place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee), Craig, COMay 13, 2015
At this position you are never bored, you work lot of hours, you do lots of things, but get a good opportunity to learn lots of things as well.
good business to get into working with
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ames, IAMay 12, 2015
Pros: the hotel experience was great, the hours were very good too, and the skills i've learned have taken me to further employment opportunities
Cons: pay rate was low to start with, with no benefits, the constant intake of drug addicted co workers was tough to deal with
i had lots of fun at Days Inn learning the basics of housekeeping and becoming a good member of their team however the work ethos was not great lots of drug addicts being employed which is fine as long as your willing to support their addictions the hotel quest and management were great so i stayed for almost 1 yr and have learned i like and love working housekeeping in a busy hotel
Easy going job
Receptionist (Current Employee), wyoming MichiganMay 11, 2015
Pros: get to watch tv
Cons: pay is terrible, security is terrible
As a night auditor I don't feel safe working , but over all the job is very easy and not a hassle at all. My typical day would consist of answering the telephone , checking guest in and out, handling payment methods which included credit cards and cash.

I've learned that having a management that is involved and cares just as much as the employees is very important. To fulfil a job at its best you must have a team that cares about the business and not just the profit.

Co-workers are okay , but they tend to take things very personal , for example if they where to ask you to cover a shift and you tell them you cant. They take it personal , as if you don't like them.
relaxed porductive workplace
Vacation Ownership Out-bound Sales Rep (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: best benefits as co-workers, exclusive extremely discounted prices from Wyndham hotels and vendors, motivation curves through out the day on top of commission
Cons: making a high quota every week, short breaks
Most positve enviroment I've ever worked in. Day in and day out people are friendly they want to see me succeed, even though it is a competitive job. Co-workers with experience will stop what they are doing just to make sure I am doing the best work possible for the company and myself. The management staff is the same way. They care for me like I am their own and make sure I have all the tools I need in order to get what you I to get done within the work week. A regular work day consist of a 30 minute meeting with my supervisor answering questions and giving a pep talk to encourage me to meet our quota by the end of the day. This job is rewarding in itself, if I meet the minimum quota for each day, I'm seeing money that most people wont see within the two months. Also the people that we come in contact with on a day to day bases such as CEOs and the higher up management are so down to earth that they will set me aside and coach me with their experiences when they were in the same position I was in. This job is hard, but it's easier to focus and stay positive when I have such a huge support system right there at work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Salaries