Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 1,903 reviews matching the search
Night Auditor/Front Desk Receptionist
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Shift change, check for reservation and Guest checking out.
Drawer count. checking walking Guest, print vacant and occupied
Room list.
balance the pre audit Payments before running the night audit
Pros
busy place and big establishmenet, truckers and rail road workers, checking in at all times
Cons
no health and pension benifits
Fun working place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Great working place but there wasn't any opportunity to advance. I learned a lot while working at the Super 8. I was unhappy with my hourly wage. I am looking for more per hour.
Pros
Quiet work place during the day and afternoon
Cons
low pay
Great job with few job advancements
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALFebruary 2, 2016
It's a great job with lots of experience available but little to none job advancement. It is a great stepping stone for someone trying to achieve a better future.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no job advancements
medium work pace, roller coaster hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 2, 2016
Setting up tables, Chairs, Vacuuming, sound equipment how to hook up microphones and sound level. good management pleasing the banquet people.
Pros
Management and free meals
Cons
Bad breaking work and low pay
Terrific employer, great bosses
Community Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 2, 2016
Worked with a team of other marketing reps, greeting visitors to various sites, giving local information to tourists and encouraging tourists and locals to visit with Wynham Vacation Ownership and tour the facility in North Myrtle Beach. The co-workers were great, the people contact, helping people to become familiar with the Grand Strand, and working for terrific management all contributed to making this a fun job!
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is about the bottom line, not people
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
I have never worked for a big corporation that treats their employees as bad as Wyndham Vacation Ownership. There focus is in the "now" and about the bottom line. There is no desire to train or develop anyone in their roles and they have no problem turning over employees. There is no true long term vision and their employees are taken advantage of everyday.
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Will fire everyone
Great great.
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working for Wyndham. It's a great solid company that provides plenty of advancement opportunities. There are many jobs that are offered within the company and if you do your job well you are rewarded.
Very Corporate
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 31, 2016
We were always made accountable to the main Wyndham office out of NJ. The reports they sent were very rarely on time. There were frequent audits, which led to a stressful work environment.
Data Entry
Coding
Pros
Learning many news skills in the accounting field
Cons
Dealing with a very large corporation
Great people and management
Sales/Marketing/Administration Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 31, 2016
Was a great place to work before the company had to cut back - would have stayed and continued with a job I loved. Commute not very good but they let us have a flex work hours
Great Place to Work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 30, 2016
I love working for Salina Super 8, Amazing company, Management is wonderful and works with employees. Co-workers are amazing and very easy to get along with.
HOA Accounting-Very Poor Management
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
HOA Accounting Department-Each accountant is overloaded with specific resorts. No one is adequately trained including management. You will feel overwhelmed and stressed out on a daily basis. Even if you are being a team player and trying your hardest with minimum training, management will continually to push you towards unrealistic goals. There seems to be a long history of this type of management in the HOA Dept. They will also expect you to work long hours and weekends. And management is very unprofessional they will talk down to you. No opportunities to grow within the department or company. Other managers don't really hire internally from other departments. Management forms clique's like high school, you can be a great worker, but if one manager doesn't like you for personal reason's, your career at Wyndham will go no where! The sad thing is the job is not that complicated if you had the correct training and leadership
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, poor management, no training, stressful work environment
Hotel
Owner/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 28, 2016
This was not Wyndham it was HFM Group Inc a private owned motel group. Was a great place to be a general manager of and enjoyed the 10 years working for them,
Pros
Own boss
Cons
24/7 hours
a good work place with alot of room to grow
fronk desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 28, 2016
I learned that there are many opportunities advance in the work place. Starting with checking in guest to running the office by myself to taking orders from venders.
you have to be a fast learner and be prepared for anything
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 28, 2016
soon as you go in straight to work a very good company to work for
but it was easy and a good job you had to be on your feet for a while
it was a easy job but you have to be very sociable
na
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Some issues with management and there lack of leadership skills. Other than that the people working there and the people you meet are great.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This was a great company to work for, and had awesome benefits. I had some health issues while I was there and required open heart surgery. When I was released to go back to work I wasn't fully recovered so I resigned. Since then I had to have another surgery to correct the problem with the first.
Pros
Great management, great benefits, great hours
Cons
A lot of people could not get approved for financing.
Great opportunity to make a lot of money
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2016
Most of the associates have been there about 4 months or less due to the high turn over; however, if you do make their sales goals you can make a lot of money with very little training. You do have to be a very aggressive sales rep and get past a lot of nos.
Pros
Free Lunches - High Bonuses
Cons
High Turn over - Slow in the winter
Kind co-workers, paid breaks, accommodating about time off
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day would include making hot food, stocking shelves, cleaning inside and outside of store, and working as a cashier. My managers were very friendly and communicative. My co-workers always handled a steady flow of customers with great attention to detail. The hardest part of the job was often having to work overtime. The most enjoyable part of it was getting to know the regular customers.
Pros
Long breaks, accommodating, kind managers
Cons
often covered co-worker's shifts with short notice
English Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 22, 2016
Working as a booking agent for Wyndham was great. The company sees employees as an investment and not a cost which leads to a great in house culture. The changes that are being made always seem to be for the better too. I loved working for Wyndham and miss the job because I had to move out of the area.
Pros
Great culture, advancement is there if you want it, great people.
Cons
pay was a little low. I'd like to see $12/hr instead of the $11 I got.
Needed to put money back in to property
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJanuary 20, 2016
Worked 12 hours most days, managing motel and running restaurant.
Enjoyed the workers in the motel also in the bar and restaurant.
Hardest part of job was no money for supplies and customer complaints. No remodeling getting done in motel.
Enjoyed the guest from different parts of the states and from various countries.
Pros
Was very happy there.
Cons
needed money to run the property