Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,492 reviews matching the search
Regional Role
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2017
As Regional Director of Marketing for the Southern Region, I was able to flourish due to the autonomy afforded to me for running the business. I was tasked with isolating potential areas of improvement, developing plans to execute towards resolving challenges and implementing those plans with the assistance of local site leadership. This provided both the greatest challenges and rewards for this position as everything could be measured from the past to post implementation..
Company Cultue
Corporate Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2017
WVO has amazing company culture that treats employees as a family. Employees are motivated and strive to put their best work forward as a team rather than for own self achievement. You are able to push the boundaries with out feeling constrained by negative comments, they strive to innovate every step of the hospitality industry for the guest. You will never feel intimidated when discussing ideas with the executive board, CEO or even your managers.
Generally satisfying job, though job security could not be assured
Night Auditor I DID NOT WORK HERE BUT IN GHANA (Former Employee) –  I DID NOT WORK HERE BUT IN GHANAJanuary 23, 2017
A really challenging working environment, with each passing day, coming with new "the Good and the Ugly". aA Multi National Hospitality Industry, Golden Tulip Hotel, is an ideal place to work.

I learned to appreciate people from different socio-cultural backgrounds.

There were Coaching opportunities for "Non Performing' colleagues to catch up

Management facilitated accommodation facilities for staff who travelled outside Ghana.

Management was however too quick to let the axe fall on deviant staff
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Stressful and insecuured
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Meeting the quest was a typical day.
Taking it one day at a time while completed work assignments.
Management was good and had a open door policy.
Different culture worked in various departments.
Sometimes forgetting to put coffee in the rooms or when having to complete more assigned rooms for the day
Having Christmas parting eating all kinds of different food.
Meeting co-workers and enjoy employees outing
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 mintue lunches
Nice Professional Place to Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Very organized, put together work place. The employees are friendly, the management is stern but approachable. Very nice benefits. We would constantly have drawings for prizes, gift cards, candy, etc. They would plan BBQs and fun themed lunches/ days. They would keep track of customer reviews and treat it like a competition for each different part of the business like housekeeping, reception, maintenance, etc. All in all it was a fun and rewarding place to work, but the housekeepers definitely have the hardest job there.
Stepping Stone
Guest Services Agent/Grounds Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 15, 2017
An hourly job at a resort could be used as a stepping stone to management if desired. Opportunities are provided to transfer to different locations if the position is available which is nice. Different experiences will be had at different resorts depending on the management at that particular location.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement if desired, can apply to transfer to another location for another department or the same.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks, resort location could have poor management.
Fun place to work, bad management
Call Transfer Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Typical day was just depressing. Feels like your working for a huge corporation that doesn't really care about you. I learned a lot about sales and how these sort of huge companies do business. Management did their best but my experience consisted of mostly disorganization and confusion. I'd work here again just for the money though. It's a good deal, but the product wasn't really worth it in my opinion.
Pros
game room
Property Sales Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites
Property Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 10, 2017
Property Sales Manager at Baymont Inns & Suites. Convened with the General Manager to organize, schedule, and attend various public relations events, business fairs, and community activities. Performed multiple tasks as part of Front Desk Customer Service Representative. Trained in all aspects of hotel operations in order to better represent hotel/chain-specific attributes.
Pros
Excellent position for self-initiated person
Cons
Position eliminated at this particular location due to mgmt changes
room inspector
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2017
I started work at 9am from Sunday through Thursday and got off between 3-5. My job duties were to inspect all the cleaned rooms that the housekeepers cleaned to make sure that all the rooms were cleaned up to hotel standards and then put in the rooms to the system to be sold to customers that stayed with the company. I picked up this housekeeping job because the children I cared for started preschool and some of the other ones moved away so I did housekeeping until childcare picked back up for me. working for super 8 was a great experience and a good opportunity to learn new traits and expand my work experiences.
Pros
Meeting people from different parts of the world.
Cons
Some day were slow so barely any hours.
Great opportunities
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Wyndham is a great place to work & build in any type of hospitality or communications skill, you have a vast amount of opportunity to grow in this company, depending on where you work they do take care of you for instance the hotel i work at provides lunch and dinner, most places do not do that. I wish our employee discount stays would be a little better and easier for associates but im sure as wyndham continues to grow it will be. You have to be able to deal with any type of guest at any mood that they may give, always greet them with a smile through the good and bad, the best part about the job is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Meeting people and helping people through serious things or simple
Cons
Employee discounts
High turn over, stressful environment
Maintenance/ Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COJanuary 7, 2017
It may have been the particular resort manager I worked for but I highly doubt it judging from the amount of help wanted advertisements in the local paper. Corporate was always adding more responsibility and work load with out adding more hours to the day or additional staff. Time was rushed and quality had to be maintained. I felt like I regained 10 years to my life when I was wrongfully terminated from the job. Heavy burden of stress was instantly lifted from me.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Stress
Can be big money
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Fairfield Glade, TNDecember 31, 2016
First let me say I worked at Wyndham at a very bad time. I have had relatives that have worked for the company and have done very, very well. My experience was not a very good experience for me, but I do have a buddy that hired on the same time I did and he was very successful. The managers, all but one, at the time I worked there were not very helpful at all, but Wyndham has done things to change this and those managers are not there anymore.
They tell you selling timeshare is the Super Bowl of sales and its' true, very hard to do, but when you sale the commissions are well worth it.
Productive and safe place to work
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Wydham resort in sedona Arizona was a great place to work.the company practices safety at all times. The staff and other team players were very helpful and caring and willing to answere any questions or concerns you may have. Iam a fast learner plus having experience in housekeeping made my job easier for me.
Pros
The company provided there own transportation to and from work
Cons
Very short breaks
Good work environment!
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MOJanuary 26, 2017
I loved enter acting with all the guest and hearing their travel stories...I loved meeting all the new people from around the world and helping them with any questions or concerns. Meeting my guest needs was my top priority and keeping my lobby area clean and tidy. 1st impressions are EVERYTHING along with being friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great boss and co-workers
Cons
Worked alot of overtime
We had a positive and fun working environment
Manager/ front desk (Former Employee) –  Markle, INDecember 22, 2016
There was only 3 employees and myself. We all worked well together. I found that employees work harder and with more positive attitudes when they have a boss that does the same. I never put them down. I always made sure to give them positive feedback and positive criticism. I had to hire all new people when I became manager but I never had to fire anyone here. People came and went occasionally but not because they didn't like the job mainly because they needed better pay.
Pros
Great crew and working environment
Cons
The pay was the only problem
Sorry this is the job I have disliked the most
Director of Catering Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 16, 2017
8 am Business Review meeting every Monday to Friday. Made Sales calls to grow business, guided a team to do the same. Did site inspections with clients and ran their events once booked. Handling all billing for entire department and worked as part of the Executive team.
Pros
Loved working with clients and seeing their events become sucessful
Cons
Company that owned the hotel
Run away from this franchise owner
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 22, 2016
Don't ever work for Northern Oregon Lodging, LLC or its corresponding company V&W Investments. They will treat you like you are dirt under their feet. They will promise you things that never manifest and then fire you with no explanation simply because they don't have any use for you any longer. I quit the company because of the stress level and they refused to take suggestions on how hotels should actually be ran.
My Review
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYDecember 13, 2016
My days are pretty laid back. I have yet to have any problems. Ive learned that there is actually a job out there that could really fit an individuals personality. Management there is awesome. Dont recall a bad moment under the management of the Super 8. The co-workers are cool but we usually work individually on a shift. Theres no hard part of anything i do at my job. I love the solitude, respectful guest, and a dedicated staff. I plan to be here for a very long time.
Great place to work for
Discovery ownership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 11, 2016
the morning stars with a great motivating meeting with your manager, talking about your VPG and how to get your self a deal for today. Your manager cares about you to get a sell every day.
In this position you will learn a lot about the business and how to think out side the box. great team work and friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job is to keep your spirit up an don't let downers have an impact on you because you didn't get a sale today.
When you get a sale, thats a great day for you.
Pros
Great pay and benefit
Cons
high stress
Good workplace i liked wverything about it except for my superviser because he was confusing and agressive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at work was the same every day. I learnt something new everyday i went in. The head boss was a great guy and always worked with you. The boss below him however was very backwards and aggressive towards people. Hardest part of the job was getting all the meat off the machines and parts. And the most enjoyable was working by yourself but also all other employees were easy to get along with.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Very short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval