Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,173 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Good work experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 15, 2014
I miss working a this place. I would have came back if they had a night position in housekeeping. I was pregnant my reason of quitting.
Front office Supervisor/Night Auditor
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee), FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
The day would consist of going to a clients home and helping that client do what they wanted. Anything from moving a client form chair to chair to giving the clients rides in the car. you will need patience for so clients because they are not as mobile as others but over all a good experience.
enjoyed meeting alot of people
Assistant Manager / Group Sales (Current Employee), Rutland, VTApril 15, 2014
It was always nice seeing people I met in the pass come back for another stay, and getting to me a lot of different people from all over the place..
Meeting a variety of people
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: was my own boss
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed being in charge of myself and knowing I was responsible enough to tackle everyday challenges without the help of a supervisor
Enjoy working with others
Executive Manager (Former Employee), Branson, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: what you get out of life
Cons: find none
A typical day at work would making sure that the Lead Housekeeper has all info needed for that day, have meetings with housekeepers, and see that they are ready. Check rooms for inspections to verify they are inspection ready, talk to guest. Ordering, Inventories checking with office to see that everything is being met.As the Executive Housekeeper it – more... is my responsibility to see that all aspects of the job are met to see the resort runs efficiently. I enjoy working with people and talking with others to find out difference in lives. I find it is every enjoyable conversing with others. – less
It was a job.
Front Desk Clerk, Housekeeping, (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: cant think of any.
Cons: long hours, half hour lunch
Not my most favorite place to work. Previous management was awesome and fair. New management was demanding and mean.
I worked there a year, when I quit they would not let me have my vacation pay I had earned.
Great place.
Sales (Former Employee), Margate, FLApril 14, 2014
It was fun working for Wyndham Vacations resort, The ob was located in a call center, and I had my own cubicle but was not isolated from co-workers. Help was just a few steps away with at least 3 supervisors on hand at a given time.
very bad management
front desk (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: didnt know how to talk to co workers
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
• Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
• Prepare for basic food service, such as – more... setting up continental breakfast or coffee and tea supplies. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk, Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks (Former Employee), Turlock, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: food, juice, tv
I would come in count the til, print out a list of who was in what rooms, reservations and billing. I learned how to do the audit, customer service, Have fun. Hardest part of the job was the audit when I was starting. The most enjoyable part was getting to see all different sorts of cultures that came to stay with us.
Professional and Fun Department
Contracts Coordinator/Processor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 11, 2014
I've been in the department for 13yrs. A typical day is extremely busy with contracts processing and finacial applications. I've learned many task through out these years that has increased my knowledge to succeed in my department. I get along very well with coworkers, managers and VP's. The hardest thing about work is when an employee is going through – more... hard times in their life, it affects all of us and we try to cheer them up with faith and support. I enjoy working with all of my peers specially when we do potlucks and exchange cultures which we all learn from and cherish. – less
My job can range from simply checking guests in & out to many other duties
Front desk clerk (Current Employee), Romulus, MIApril 11, 2014
An front desk agent involves a quite few of multi-tasking skills. From answering the phone , to putting in a wake up call , while checking in a guest. Hotel front desk clerks perform some or all of the following duties:

A. Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments

B. Register arriving guests and assign rooms

C. Answer – more... inquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints

D. Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems

E. Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.

But every thing is worth the job while meeting awesome new people. – less
Great job
Front Desk/Administrative Assistant/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no cons
Great job, great pay, guaranteed hours, no complaints. You also have the opportunity to gain a lot of work experience as well as advancement opportunities if you work hard
Awesome place to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: very outgoing place, nice place to work for.
Cons: very hard to get vacations.
A lot of diversity, you get to meet people all over the world.
Collections Representative
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 9, 2014
Contact customers via dialer system for timeshare accounts and contracts. Provide customer service for incoming calls.
very detailed work and it was busy, job treated employees respectful and gave plenty opportunity to advance
Maintenance Technician full time (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits and ability to move up
Cons: wages for the hard work put in and detail could of been a little higher
company was gave lots of options such as working around ones schedule and working with them through family problems and issues. The work enviorment was far from hostile so every one came to work with a smile on thier face this made work less streesing than what it already plans out to be.
It was a paycheck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), yuma,azApril 7, 2014
The hardest part of the job was co workers were committing fraud and management knew and did nothing about it!
Great culture!
Human Resource Generalist; Site Recruiter (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 7, 2014
The company has a great culture that we created. It is a fun environment.
Nice place to work
Sales person (Former Employee), Asia pacificApril 7, 2014
Pros: a great job and worth all the hard work.
Cons: you have to be mentally touch also keep track of your sales.
A very great place to work if you can handle being told NO..
also the work is easy because they tell you want to say and
give you everything you need to sell your product.
it is not about the product but about what the clients can do
with it. I for one will not put my family in a for the
same money I can get comfort, security, and options for the fun.
anyone – more... that does not do well here needs to not be so lazy and
study the information given to make the job easier. – less
delightful
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 6, 2014
Bringing together a memorable scenery that would be forever remembered was a delightful feeling.
Due to frequent management shifts, it was a difficult place to work. It was on the way to improving, but had a long way to go,
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAApril 5, 2014
Pros: discounted rooms in any wyndham property.
Cons: lack of appropriate management at district and upper levels.
I typically worked 3-11 pm shifts, but was occasionally called on to do all shifts. As I started on the Night Audit (11-7 shift), I ended up knowing how to do more with the front desk duties than the new manager that began in October of 2013.
I was the employee with seniority so I was called to answer many questions, which I really quite liked, I enjoy – more... feeling needed, although I know I am not indispensable in any position. I generally got along with all my co-workers, I believe, as well as the management, both local and corporate.
The hardest part of the job was when I was having health issues and still trying to do as much work as possible. I had a knee replacement in December, came back to work a month early and was pushed to do more than I could. It caused some friction, but not too much.
The most enjoyable part of any job for me is meeting new people and tackling new tasks. I enjoy puzzle solving and can easily be counted on to work unsupervised. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos