Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,415 reviews matching the search
Cleaning rooms and helping out around
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I love housekeeping because I love to clean love a good smell in a home nursing home hospitals.I love to make surey clients patients are in a healthy environment
A good introduction to another aspect of hospitality
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 18, 2017
This was another great job that gave me fantastic insight into how the inside workings of companies ebb and flow and allow for calm, smooth, and delightful interpersonal skills among not just employees and guests, but among everyone who enters the hotel.
Great opportunities
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Wyndham is a great place to work & build in any type of hospitality or communications skill, you have a vast amount of opportunity to grow in this company, depending on where you work they do take care of you for instance the hotel i work at provides lunch and dinner, most places do not do that. I wish our employee discount stays would be a little better and easier for associates but im sure as wyndham continues to grow it will be. You have to be able to deal with any type of guest at any mood that they may give, always greet them with a smile through the good and bad, the best part about the job is meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Meeting people and helping people through serious things or simple
Cons
Employee discounts
career starter
Front Desk Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Front desk agent at the Days Inn. Its an ok place to work i can use skills i learn here to advance in a better career. There is material you can pick up here and begin a lasing career in administrative and office work
Dedcated hard working great additudes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 17, 2017
Great teams worked as a team one falls behind we all fall behind pick each other up great attitude wonderful boss came in at the same time left the same time pay was manageable never a bad day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Nice Professional Place to Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Very organized, put together work place. The employees are friendly, the management is stern but approachable. Very nice benefits. We would constantly have drawings for prizes, gift cards, candy, etc. They would plan BBQs and fun themed lunches/ days. They would keep track of customer reviews and treat it like a competition for each different part of the business like housekeeping, reception, maintenance, etc. All in all it was a fun and rewarding place to work, but the housekeepers definitely have the hardest job there.
housekeepng
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wynne, ARJanuary 17, 2017
cleaning rooms was a joy anjoyed being able to constitrate on ,what i was suppose to be doing.Co-workers were awesome to work side by side with. Hardest part of the day was walking in and seeing a room that was destroyed by the person or persons that had checked out that morning.Most enjoyable part of the day is when we know that we are on our last room
Sorry this is the job I have disliked the most
Director of Catering Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 16, 2017
8 am Business Review meeting every Monday to Friday. Made Sales calls to grow business, guided a team to do the same. Did site inspections with clients and ran their events once booked. Handling all billing for entire department and worked as part of the Executive team.
Pros
Loved working with clients and seeing their events become sucessful
Cons
Company that owned the hotel
Stepping Stone
Guest Services Agent/Grounds Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 15, 2017
An hourly job at a resort could be used as a stepping stone to management if desired. Opportunities are provided to transfer to different locations if the position is available which is nice. Different experiences will be had at different resorts depending on the management at that particular location.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement if desired, can apply to transfer to another location for another department or the same.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks, resort location could have poor management.
Productive and safe place to work
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Wydham resort in sedona Arizona was a great place to work.the company practices safety at all times. The staff and other team players were very helpful and caring and willing to answere any questions or concerns you may have. Iam a fast learner plus having experience in housekeeping made my job easier for me.
Pros
The company provided there own transportation to and from work
Cons
Very short breaks
they were very unorganized. The manager that hired me was fired 2 weeks into my hiring process
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2017
It was cold, they gave us personal heathers that barely worked. we got free food though that was nice. i do not have time for this just wanted to update my resume
No idea what I'm reviewing
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I assume this about working for Ramada?
Reservations, phone calls and guests fighting with you just because they had a horrible flight. Not for everyone, especially not me.
Pros
eat while I work
busy understaffed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Stressful work environment, understaffed. Hard to work as a team with the amount of stress. Transition in management was hard for staff to adjust to.
Pros
loved working with the residents
Cons
stressful
Nothing to say
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 12, 2017
Nothing to say, Great place to stay. The best part about the job is meeting all types of people from around the world. Knowing all their personalities
Night Auditor/ Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Most work days are slow. The most difficult thing is dealing with the rude guest that attend the hotel. I love my job at times, the only thing that bothers me is working the shift I work because I'm the only one who works this shift.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2017
I just left because there was no hours to work and it was very slow. One day I went to work and my supervisor had called me 10 minutes prior for me to start and I felt like that wasn't a very good thing to do you should call an hour before so I would know and not drive far to get to work and have to go.
very busy not enough time in the day
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 11, 2017
very busy short staffed and bad manegment. wouldnt want to work for them again. needs more organization. no breaks was given.
very good company to work for it has its incentives
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  360 third avenueJanuary 11, 2017
very good entry level postions great pay but lack of good management would still recommend this company to anyone. you will have to stand outside and deal with all elements of the weather
interesting job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAJanuary 10, 2017
it was a privately owned but ruled by wyndham hotel. i didnt have enough hours, no benefits, and it was a very unsafe job. i was harrassed by all types of guest gthe crime around the hotel was horrible.
Pros
wyndham assistance is good
Cons
preivate owners
i love this job
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this job very family orientated. they gave me a chance and I learned a lot and can go back anytime
Pros
flexable
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.