Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,664 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Good Work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Alvin, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Answering Phones, Data Enrty, Writting out checks for bills & employees, filling,faxing, copies, ect.
I loved working for this company it was always busy and liked that. The hardest part of the job was when it was just me in the office with no help.
Hi turnover
Sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2015
After two months on the job I was the only member from my training class that was still on the job. The deck was stacked against junior sales people to benefit the senior sales people
contractor
HVAC Contractor & Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Salina, KSFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: worked my own hours as a contractor
Cons: not very good pay
I started out as a HVAC contractor. did that for about six months then the maintenance supervisor left and I took over his position. job duties are included on my resume
Productive fun working place
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Check people in and out
customer service
keep lobby clean
have done night audit before
fun nice co workers
handle customer complaints
overall four star
DESK MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2015
Good work culture. Good management. Management taking care of employees. Good team work. Co-workers help each other. Over all very nice company.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2015
I loved working here I just can no longer work here because I am moving to Stillwater June 1 and I need to find a job that I will be at for a very long period of time.
I enjoy working with travelers and making people feel welcome to South Carolina
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: networking with different companies. (nascar, auto auction, csx, duke energy)
Cons: no breaks, no insurance, no raises
A typical day at work can be busy or slow. It depends on the room sales from the previous night. I have to enter the workplace with a free mind because if guests didn't enjoy their stay, I have to figure out how to make them leave satisfied and wanting to come back. I have learned to be patient and communicate with all co workers. (Front desk, housekeeping, security). Management is easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an unhappy guest. The most enjoyable is to see them smile and tell me they enjoyed their stay.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), St. Louis.MOFebruary 18, 2015
This is one very good organization to work for. They have goo compensation and advancement programs, and also a good employee training .
A great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: subway in-store
Cons: being outside alone at night cleaning trash cans
I enjoyed my time with Kangaroo Express. It taught me so much about customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.
Great place to work nights
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: work alone, trained for a week on all shifts.
Cons: even though worked alone, coworkers instigate issues.
Checking guest in and out of hotel. Answereing phones and making reservations. Help guestwith any problems they may have. Preparing breakfast and setting up breakfast bar. Completing night audit and changing computer system to next day. Cleaning pool room, reception area, gym, and office and stoking areas with necessary items.
Poor Leadership
Front Office Agent / Director of Sales (Former Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lower level management team that was strong, customer service given to guest far above standard.
Cons: high turnover, bad business practices, bad gm, bad owners, no money, no materials, no accountability, no organization
This place started off as a IHG property. While an IHG Property it was headed in a great direction as far as customer service, and employee appreciation. Soon after selling this property there was high hopes to move in a positive direction. Already a strong culture, it only needed a physical face lift to the property. That is exactly what did not happen. New owners fired 65% of the staff, then began an extensive renovation, hiring past criminals to do the work. Renovation brought on bad customer reviews and the occupancy of the hotel went down to less then 5 bookings a day. Now 6 months later with poor renovation in the bathrooms and lobby area, renovation has stopped due to funding not being available. So more job cuts, and micromanagement by owners who are never on property. No bills are getting paid, and not supplies for day to day office, kitchen, and housekeeping to do their job. A very unorganized, poor General Manager, who is never available or dressed in a suit. Moral of the employees went from being top contenders awaiting a newly renovated branded hotel. To overworked team with less then the appropriate staff, material, or money to complete any task. Overall a poor facility to work at in this time.
Excellent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), National HarborFebruary 12, 2015
I learned accuracy, and more way to use Microsoft Excel for other projects within the office. Me an my coworkers we worked as a team and helped each other with task that weren't clear.
Front Desk
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Check in guests and process checkouts
Process night audit
Normal 40 hours work week
Currently providing service highway contractors
Unorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Coming in to a day of work at Days Inn always had me anxious. I never knew what was going to happen when I walked into the door. I am hoping the visitors had not left complaints that I had to handle. It was nice to get to know a lot of the visitors for their reasons were to stay and get treatment at the Mayo Clinic. I mostly enjoyed that.
nothing
housekeeping (Former Employee), Bedford, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: everything
just want to say worse place I ever worked place was a mess management never remodeled just awful didn't like working there at all never had enough help was nothing there I enjoyed
Careers pass away here.............
sales (Former Employee), International DriveFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: careers end here
Wyndham Resorts on International Drive is where good careers go to die!

Property is undergoing construction and mgt. is just flat out inexperienced!!!!

Have former front desk people running hr like a day school causing much legal issues!

Hardest part of job is tolerating the poor mgt. styles and total lack of training.
good place to work
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Tamuning, GUFebruary 9, 2015
-Responsible for quality control. No damaged merchandise is sent out. No damaged merchandise is accepted in.
-Package merchandise for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
-Staging merchandise for loading.
-Loading and unloading merchandise on and off trucks or containers
-Moving merchandise to warehouse for storage.
-Performs other related duties as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
-Clean warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
-Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stocks and losses
Great Learning Experance
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: wonderful people to work with
At this job I was taught how to give great customer service when dealing with the public. How to multitask with ease, how to do audits and a lot of office skills.
Great job
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 6, 2015
I check-in guests and handle customer service. I've learned a lot at this job and still learn something new everyday. Management is a great help they tend to keep a good eye thing that are needed. Co-works are great as well we all tend to get along. we will trade days on works as needed. there really isnt a hard part to the job. you just have to be a people person to work this location. all in all that job is great and you can have a lot of free time doing other things.
Older property with entrenched staff.
Grounds Tech (Former Employee), Sedona, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunches could be an hour long.
Cons: uncooperative atmosphere between departments.
The older staff members are slow to change to more efficient practices. Communication between departments was sorely lacking.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos