Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,673 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Unorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Coming in to a day of work at Days Inn always had me anxious. I never knew what was going to happen when I walked into the door. I am hoping the visitors had not left complaints that I had to handle. It was nice to get to know a lot of the visitors for their reasons were to stay and get treatment at the Mayo Clinic. I mostly enjoyed that.
nothing
housekeeping (Former Employee), Bedford, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: everything
just want to say worse place I ever worked place was a mess management never remodeled just awful didn't like working there at all never had enough help was nothing there I enjoyed
Careers pass away here.............
sales (Former Employee), International DriveFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: careers end here
Wyndham Resorts on International Drive is where good careers go to die!

Property is undergoing construction and mgt. is just flat out inexperienced!!!!

Have former front desk people running hr like a day school causing much legal issues!

Hardest part of job is tolerating the poor mgt. styles and total lack of training.
good place to work
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Tamuning, GUFebruary 9, 2015
-Responsible for quality control. No damaged merchandise is sent out. No damaged merchandise is accepted in.
-Package merchandise for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
-Staging merchandise for loading.
-Loading and unloading merchandise on and off trucks or containers
-Moving merchandise to warehouse for storage.
-Performs other related duties as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
-Clean warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
-Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stocks and losses
Great Learning Experance
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: wonderful people to work with
At this job I was taught how to give great customer service when dealing with the public. How to multitask with ease, how to do audits and a lot of office skills.
Great job
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 6, 2015
I check-in guests and handle customer service. I've learned a lot at this job and still learn something new everyday. Management is a great help they tend to keep a good eye thing that are needed. Co-works are great as well we all tend to get along. we will trade days on works as needed. there really isnt a hard part to the job. you just have to be a people person to work this location. all in all that job is great and you can have a lot of free time doing other things.
Older property with entrenched staff.
Grounds Tech (Former Employee), Sedona, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunches could be an hour long.
Cons: uncooperative atmosphere between departments.
The older staff members are slow to change to more efficient practices. Communication between departments was sorely lacking.
front end
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Canastota, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I love meeting new people and making them happy however i can.
the security at the job is no good there is none and your there most the time by your self its not very safe.
Easy going place to work
Home health aide (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical days is setting up the restaurant, restocking the tables, taking orders, bringing out food, and handling payments. The management was very easy going and laid back along with the staff. The most enjoyable part was being in a nice environment.
very hostile manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: it was a job
Cons: nothing but abuse on the job
2 housekeepers for 4 floors was told not to leave till all rooms are done I learned what harassment at the work place is hardest part is being told to get a room done in 15 minutes and then it to be clean there was no joy at the work place some times there was no time for lunch but it was still taken out of the pay I would never recommend for any one to work there
has great work hours.
housekeeping (Former Employee), Norwich, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no breaks, only lunch.
Typical day started at nine, cleaning seven to fourteen rooms a day. Great customers that are appreciative on how hard you worked. Here I learned to satisfy customers requests. Hardest part was getting it all done in the time given. Most enjoyable part of this job is the cleaning. I love to clean.
Days Inn
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Carson City, NVFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: fun if you like cleaning, meet new people, recognition
Cons: hurt knees, not enough time to do everything they want you to do, didn't provide masks while using strong cleaners
I worked at Days Inn and even put down in my online resume that it was Days Inn so I don't know why they are calling in Wyndham Vacation Ownership. So I will review it as Days Inn.

When you get to work you clock in and receive your list of rooms to clean for the day. Then you take about 10 minutes to set up your cleaning cart and then you're on your way.

I learned to make a room look fabulous as well as fix a few toilets, sinks, and lights.

The management was okay. Not bad, not really good either. They seemed to be very scattered with scheduling their workers and I, a lot of times, seemed to be working on my scheduled days off. However, toward the end they seemed to get better at it. Not to mention, the managers are very kind and would sometimes make us foods and give us gifts during holidays.

My co-workers were always a joy to be around. When I first started working at Days Inn they invited me to eat with them, unfortunately, they spoke spanish and I couldn't understand them haha! But it was very nice of them to include me and they are very nice people.

The hardest part of this job was being on my knees or crouching all the time. My knees were very sore all the time until I resigned. Another hard part was trying to get my housekeeping cart through the snow. Took up a lot of time I could've been using working.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to listen to the radio while I cleaned and meeting new and different people every day. Although it did feel weird cleaning the rooms while the guests were in there! However, a lot of them did make it feel more comfortable. And lastly, training was fun. It was fun to train people in something they are new to.
Job filled with multiple issues
Front Desk Receptionist/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), California, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: very laid back during the week because you didn't have a lot of guest to stay.
Cons: want work to be done that isn't in your job description
I went to work not because I enjoyed it, but to earn a paycheck. The management constantly would pick arguments with staff. Not a very stable work place. They would expect you to do things that were not described in your interview for what you would be doing on a normal work day.
Disorganized
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: learnigh how to audit
Cons: customer complaints
Hard work because the hotel was run down. The rooms had fleas and so the customers would complain and leave and not come back.
Timeshare Sales
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all over the world.
Cons: sometimes it took days to get a sale.
It was called Fairfield when I worked there, I really enjoyed working there probably better than any other job. By my third year I was making 6 figures doing something I loved. It doesn't get any better than that.
Productive workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: worst staff
I had fun working for this company. After working here for a while I realized that this company was not for me. I prefer to work somewhere where I can move and grow with the company.
A productive and learning experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Eager to get my day started accommodating guests request and completing daily tasks.Enjoy working around my co-workers learning their ways an actions.Meeting new people from around the world.
Hard row to hoe.
Front Desk Associate Wingate (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: no room for advancement, unless you're under 25 or 30
I went in with high expectations and promises of advancement, but was stymied at every turn. Almost everyone under 30 and with little or no experience were promoted time and again over me. I don't think it indicative of the entire company, just the one property.
Busy in summer, slower in winter
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Coos Bay, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: there was alot to do, so i was never bored.
Cons: was on my feet almost all day
This was an ok place to work for, my first manager was really great to work with and for. Whenever I needed my hours to be switched or to be a little late, or to show up early, she would help in any way she could.
When the new manager took over, it was not such a good place to work for.
Great workdays, morning Breakfast, great co-workers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and longer lunchbreaks.
Cons: sometimes work days were cut short, cleaning more than 15 rooms a day was hard on my back.
When i worked at Days Inn a typical work day for me was getting up at 8 every morning and being to work at 9:30, then getting off at 5. I cleaned approximately 10 to 25 rooms a day. The most hardest part about my job was making the beds and having to bend over every time you made them. There was two sometimes three beds in each room. I think the most enjoyable part of my day is the morning.

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos