Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,208 reviews matching the search
Strong team but easy to lose sight of the greater things in life
Sales Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2016
I've been working at Wyndham for almost a year now, and a few times I became so stressed out that I had to step back and remind myself that this wasn't the worst things that could happen to me. I love most of my coworkers and get along well with my supervisors. The workplace is very accommodating for your needs up to a realistic points. What this tends to do is encourages a sense of loyalty to the company that can create stress and it becomes easy to forget that other things might matter.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Healthcare insurance isnt the best
productive and advancement opportunites
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Derby, VTJuly 3, 2016
taking reservations answering questions, serving guest. I learned to be patient because everyone is different. be a team player with co workers. hardest part of job is trying to be calm and courteous with difficult guest. best part is to meet different people from all over the country. Best management anyone could ever ask for
Pros
good advancement
Cons
hurrying when real busy so guest don't have to wait long
Stressful and must be hands-on at all times
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
If you like to be pressured and like problem solving this is a great place to work at. You will get numerous calls due to heating, cooling, water, drainage. etc. I learned a lot about being hands-on. This isn't a job you only do what you are assigned to do. If you can do it, you do it. Management was difficult due to every 3 months a new manager would be hired. The co-workers help you in every way possible to not lose it. The hardest part of the time was to do things on your own even if you weren't taught, but when employees do have time to teach you, they will.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Complaints
very nice people to work with, very large hotel so you dont have any loud neighbors
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 5, 2016
The hardest part about this job was making sure that everyone was happy at all times. It took a lot of coordination with different departments to make sure everyone is on the same page as well.
Pros
flexible work schedule, free or discounted lunch, not a lot of heavy lifting
Cons
cloths had to be dry cleaned, the operating system for the computer was outdated
It went downhill.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2016
Loved my team, but manager and director are horrible, tried to have fun environment, couldnt exist. If you want to laugh and smile, do not work here. You will be fired for being 'too loud'.
Pros
Problem solving opportunity. Loved my team.
Cons
I spent a lot on food for my team that wasnt paid for, cheap, No one who knew Excel or problem solving. Angry faces from director. Couldn't even say hello.
very few benifits
Gifting Coordinator - Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  dandridge tnAugust 5, 2016
Adult

Horse

Hose

Ice

Ice
Fun job but some of the employees and management are rude and unproffessional
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 24, 2016
The company as a whole is wonderful and they provide wonderful benefits and career advancement within the company many. The management tend to be somewhat rude and seem to pick favorites.
Pros
Fun job, long breaks, lots of food and coffee
Cons
Management, attitudes, not feeling well enough trained
Great people to work with
Font Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Wellington, COAugust 6, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job is, seeing smiles on peoples faces as they tell me what a great place an there stay was. As they complement our front desk . As every place has its difficulties , the hardest is turning a guest away when we don't have any rooms left, or if theres something wrong with there room, an we couldnt get them another on, an they leave. that is the hardest. As we just got a new manager , hes great! Kodi, goes over an beyond to try to do what he can to make customers happy. There's a lot to learn working at a hotel, yes most of its easy. Doing night at different places has been an experience , as I am thankful of being able to learn .
During Night audit, I check in our arrivals that come in late, then when time to do the audit I run that. After I get breakfast prep an ready for morning.
Cons
needing hrs and asking for more and not being able to get them
OKAY work place
Data Entry/ Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Great company, great benefits... okay pay! Unless youre in SALES!
I met a lot of great people there. for students, they have tuition reinbursement. great 401k. health and dental plans are great.
Pros
meeting ppl, being able to network
Cons
in order to advance in the company, its about who you know, NOT what you know. you have to suck up to management.
Loved to meet new people from different places everyday
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAAugust 31, 2016
I loved the job! Everyday having guest check in and making sure they were happy before they went to there room. Talking to the guest from all around the world was by far my favorite part! I loved all my co-workers. Getting along with all my co-workers made it easier to come to work everyday and enjoy the job!
This place needs better Management
front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 9, 2016
I been working a year and 5 mo for the Super 8 in Dalton Ga, I got started out at 7.50 i got my first raise 5 mo from my hire date. I have not got a raise since then. I am dependable and always on time. We do not have insurance. I think we should atleast get paid 9.00 and hour so we employees can make it.
Pros
meeting and greeting guests
Cons
the pay
Howard Johnson
Front Desk Receptionist/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 2, 2016
A typical work day is answering the phones and checking in or checking out guest at the hotel. The management is fair, they are great about working with my school schedule but are not their to help in tough situations, this is where I have learned how to take care of a conflict quickly and calmly. My co-workers are amazing. We work together as a team and are always there for each other. The hardest part of the job has to be the conflicts and the best part of the job has to be visiting with the guest and having fun at work.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Working late at night and not getting paid enough
its very productive but a fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be making sure all the rooms got cleaned and up to code for the guests to check into. its not always easy because cleaning these rooms isnt like cleaning your bedroom everything has to be perfect so depending on the room it self it could take at least a half hour. I learned not everyone is gonna be happy in that enviroment because that job is hard but since i experienced alot of different things in housekeeping i would always try to help people if i had the time but i always had a job of my own to do. The hardest part of the job was when you would get people not doing their job correctly and you would ask them continously and your hands were tied it felt like you was being laughed at. I enjoyed my job because i could get time to myself if i needed it to just breathe because when your cleaning or checking the room it does take time.
went broke working here
sales (Former Employee) –  smokey mountainsMay 26, 2016
They will tell you that you have the ability to make money. 2 people out of about 30 do make money. And you do, eventually. Even if you do sell something they will get online, read reviews or watch YouTube and cancel. So you have wasted your time. There is no hourly, they take it back from any money you make. And if you do sell something and it cancels with in a year they take all the money you made back and the bonuses that are included in that. If you don't need to make any money, this is the company for you.
Pros
nice place
Cons
no pay, very high stress
A caregiver job
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 27, 2016
Before I start my job, I put everything in order. Sometimes I train new employees, and also help my co-workers when I'm done with my section. Since I'm used to the job, everything is mostly easy for me. I'm a fast worker and a very passionate one, I always finish before my exact time. I enjoy talking to the guests and taking care of their needs.
Pros
the management
Cons
the benefits
One of them cleaning jobs again
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 28, 2016
Yup you got it it's one of them chore doing jobs that require you to pretty much clean rooms all day and or do laundry too. That's basically it about this job. Never really interacted with co workers too much mainly customers at times.
Pros
decent pay, good hours, reasonable boss
Cons
boss was very strict about what and how he wanted things done at his hotel
Its a fun fast paced work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2016
Would like at least 20 hrs a week.. I usually get 15 hrs a week.. Work schedule is for all employees to call every morning to find out who works.. Normally only 2 out of 6 employees work each day during week.. All employees is to required to work every week end.
Pros
Employer provides free meal on Sundays if we have full house.
Cons
N/a
Not all enjoyed the job, but I did.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMay 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at this hotel, although it was difficult to report abuses or difficulties in the workplace because of the hierarchy that existed. This was a much more prevalent problem for people working in housekeeping or catering. We were owned by a private LLC so things were a bit different than simply working for the corporation. I enjoyed very much getting to interact with guests from all over the world and working to make their stay in our city more enjoyable. Not all of my coworkers saw the job this way.
The hours, the pay and the people where on point.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 18, 2016
I liked being on a team of hard workers. I felt pride in my work. I enjoyed working for the management team, they were fair. The pay was also a positive. Getting to work overtime was also a plus.
Pros
I liked the people I worked with and also appreciated the pay.
Cons
Having to leave when the company to care for a family memeber.
It was a good job. It provided me with what I needed at the time but I couldn't work overnights anymore
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
Great job if you didn't mind the overnights. It just wasn't for me anymore and I went back to school. The only complaint I have was the guest. There were some nice ones but they were too far in between. Most people at the times of 11pm-3am are not the most cooperative. As far as coworkers they were great!

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location