Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

good work
General Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2015
its a hard working day.Alot of customers. i love the job. My co-wokers are amazing. i really enjoy my job,as a general manager.
Good hours
Night Auditor and Front Desk (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 29, 2015
Staff is small. Rules and policies are in place but are only enforced when with some team members. Management is present but not consistent with rules and polices. Little supervision so that you can get a rhythm that works for you.
Cool job to learn
In House Marketing (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: hard sell
short hours and a fun company
marketing and sales
good management
cool people
hard trying to sell timeshare
company events are fun and working with different people
Front Desk
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE 2 (Former Employee), kent waJuly 27, 2015
Basic office work and befor and after school help for students. work Education classes were offerd to ESl.........................................................................................................
Nice place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here. They had great compensation. I had great co-workers and organized management. I miss working at this place of employment.
Great performing people / enjoyable enviornment
General Manager (Former Employee), Sweet Springs, MOJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Pleasant and good property, easy to sell
Cons: Night desk clerks giving 10 minute notices of not being able to work
I was the General Manager in control of both the front and back of the house.

Duties included, hiring, termination, scheduling, cash control, banking, operational reporting to owners. overseeing all areas of guest service, reservations. group reservations, laundry, grounds keeping, room attendants.
Great Place
Hostess/ Waiter (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch and breakfast
Cons: short breaks and not enough people working
A typical day at work for me would be going in at 6am turning on all the light start filling the orange juice and water jugs fill the sugar containers so guest would have sugar for their coffee, seating guest as they come in taking their orders bring them their orders picking up and cleaning the table once they are done. I've learn a lot there like how to use a cash register at a hotel restaurant and how to handle work in a restaurant all together. My co-workers were very helpful when I didn't know what to do at times. The hardest part about that job was nothing really I enjoyed my job.
may vary franchise to franchise
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 23, 2015
it is nice being able to travel around the country and stay at wyndham hotels for 40% off....

if you can get the time off to travel.
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great bonus structure
Cons: late hours
Fun fast pace environment. The sales team is great. There is a driven nature about production here which makes it motivating to come to work.
okay
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAJuly 23, 2015
maybe if i was in a different location it would be great but this hotel does not offer benefits and the general manager is not what a general manager suppose to be. i love this job because i love dealing with people the downside for the job is dealing with rude guest but you still have to keep a smile on your face.
Job description
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 22, 2015
Customer service and guest relations, checking in guest and making sure they were comfortable as well as filing paperwork.
Good Part time option
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAJuly 21, 2015
Gives me plenty of time to study since I work the night shift. No opportunity for a career here. Its good for students who like to balance their work/study environment.
Pretty much worked alone at night
Night Auditor, Desk Agent and Guest Liaison (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Working alone at night
Cons: Working alone at night
It was the best place to work as I was in school to become a MA. The pay was not that great but it served to its end which was to help me finish the MA program.
At that time, I also volunteered at the Veterans Administration Hospital
Interesting
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Interacting with the customers
Cons: No appreciation
Did my job correct and in a timely matter. Very little communication and always short staffed. No appreciation from management or owners.
a place i will never work again
Housekeeper (Former Employee), gulfshores alJuly 20, 2015
The management was very poor. every pay period my check was shorted, and still has not been paid to me. sometimes when we went to cash our checks the company account would be empty so we would have to wait til the next business day which was that Monday and payday was on Friday. most places refuse to cash checks due to company overdraft history
Management lacked structure, guests were awesome.
In room dining assistant (Former Employee), Downtown, RiverwalkJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good breaks, tips were high, good co-workers
Cons: Pay codes, management, pay check problems
Work schedules were likely to change without notification, even when employee was off schedule managers would not alert that employee. I learned to multitask and always go above and beyond with all tasks. Management lacked structure I felt, and when issues surfaced there was no immediate action taken to resolve the issue. My co-workers were positive and encouraging. Hardest part was staying on top of my hours and keeping track of the pay codes so my pay checks would be accurate.
great
Front Desk Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 20, 2015
I work directly with store manager to ensure that all client communication is accurate and timely documented. Organize and maintain productivity, attendance, and budget reports. Answering switchboard phones for customer service issues and data entry on daily activity
Great Company
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Newport, RIJuly 19, 2015
Wyndham is an amazing company to work for! Always smiles but we all work hard and at the end of the day its making sure the guest has a great experience!
excellent
Hosekeeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2015
i absolutely really did love this job everything was wonderful from the tips to the pay and also the employment and management they made you feel like family and right at home. you'll never fell out of place they are a great company.
Fair
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Felixible schedule, they will work around your life and appointments
Cons: no raises, had to fight for your hours even when you are on the schedule, and will be expected to work off the clock in the mornings, and all day with no lunches and no breaks
To be fair this hotel was franchised to someone who cared nothing about his employees or his customers but the job and work environment were terrible