Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,852 reviews matching the search
enjoyed working for company
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2017
nothing bad to say about the company. i enjoyed everyday that i was there and the customers. it was an easy night job n spent the day babysitting still didnt have to lose the kids i watch
Great Place to work
Night auditor/Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla MoJuly 3, 2017
Enjoyed working for the Patels. It was a typical night auditor position. It was night shift. with weekends off. The owners were good people to work for, the Hotel was Days Inn.
Pros
I had a Good Job
Cons
Had lots of deer strikes because I worked nights
Good place to work. Enjoyed the management experience.
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 3, 2017
I was responsible for the scheduling and supervision of 10 employees. Supervised the daily operation of restaurant. Planned the set-up and execution of banquets.
Pros
Could pretty much come and go as I pleased.
Cons
No benefits.
Fast-paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJuly 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning up to 25 rooms either in teams of 2-3 or by yourself on top of maintaining the pool area, folding laundry, vacuuming the hallways and entry way. I learned how to clean a hotel room while being under a lot of stress and pressure. The management could've been more understanding. The workplace culture was rather tense. The hardest part of the job was cleaning a room with two queen-sized beds and bathroom by yourself in 20 minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that I would work with.
Good place to work and depends on your boss if it is the right fit.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 1, 2017
Excellent for starting out your career within hotel management. Learn a lot and can really enjoy the perks of employment discounts. Work life balance is always there and an opportunity to be creative and really think outside the box for resolving issues is great. Being challenged and making strides to resolve various issues is part of what I enjoy as a supervisor.
It was an ok place
S.C.-Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCJune 30, 2017
The owners of this hotel are horrible. They treat everyone terribly. There is no place for job advancement. Unfortunately bad bosses make great employees quit!
Cons
the managers/owners
Run for the hills
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJune 29, 2017
By far the worst job I have ever had. Workers that steal, lie, and never show up are rewarded and the ones that come to work to do their job the right way are punished. Management is a joke. There is no such thing as an "open door policy". You will be reprimanded for anything you do that involves HR. It's a terrible place to work for. The commission is only great if management likes you and places you in a high volume area. Otherwise, you're doomed to make minimum wage. Whataburger treats their employees better. Just don't do it.
Pros
Weekly pay and benefits package
Cons
Everything. Just stay away
Disorganized
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 29, 2017
Wyndham is a very disorganized organization that offers little to no room for advancement. Work place culture is basically non existent within Wyndham.
Great place to work!
Owner Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2017
Wyndham Vacation Ownership was a great place to work with terrific benefits. They wanted to see their employees succeed and offered many ways to make that happen.
management
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Manning, SCJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed it there however management needs to learn that family comes first and don't tell someone to go see a doctor and then terminate them for doing what they was originally told to do the day before.
Fantastic!
Frontline Representative (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting that discusses the deals from the previous day along with high energy, and motivational speaking. Then you are meeting with a family discussing there future travel plans. I learned so much from every employee. They all have so much to offer especially management! They are always helping in anyway they can to make sure you're making money! The hardest part of the job is dealing with rejection. However, in any sales job you'll always have that. The positives of Wyndham definitely out weigh any hardship you might have. Its all a learning process. The energy, support, and staff make everyday at work enjoyable!
Pros
Free soda and coffee everyday, high energy, money
Cons
working weekends
bad
Sever/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
typical work day
lack in communication
poor management
roaches
poor pay
over worked for the lack of pay
.................just don't....................
Front Desk Fun
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 28, 2017
Great place to meet people from all over the world. Sundays are the most busiest days to work. We are different than a regular hotel. Our rooms are like mini condos where owners pay to keep up with the cleanliness and appearance of the resort.
Pros
Free food, great discount
There was never a dull moment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 28, 2017
I started out in housekeeping. People just don't want to work these days. I was then moved to kitchen as the cook due to staffing problems. I was then working my 5-12 shifts and then helping in housekeeping. I think once management gets more comfortable in their positions it will be a lot better place for all.
Pros
Easy to work with, good wages, offer overtime
Cons
short handed, new management
it was fun but its just the pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZJune 28, 2017
where I use to work at Days Inn in Holbrook, last year. Why I quick because is the pay is not enough paid and they go by the rooms. I didn't like that job. that's why looking for another job like that can go by hours.
Pros
at that place
Cons
health care & appointments
Easy!
Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2017
Interact with guests and serving as a reliable source when needed. Great staff to work with, easy and fun job. The hardest part of the job was standing all day.
Bad company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 27, 2017
The job itself was a fun job but the management was shady and would not work with your hours. That being with school, more or less hours. Owners were very rude.
The management sucked. It was a stressful workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 27, 2017
A typical day here was stressful, you cleaned 20 to 30 rooms a day sometimes and the pay sucks. You get fussed at if it takes you to long and you could help others but when you needed help you didnt get any.
Pros
Cons
No benefits or job security
A lot of opportunity for growth
UNIVERSAL AGENT / AMBASSADOR I (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 26, 2017
Wyndham is a great company if you are motivated by career growth potential. However, it is such a large company that it is difficult to feel like an individual rather than a number.
Interesting diversification of customers, country, cities.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 26, 2017
Interesting people to work with.

Always stayed busy. Great management.

The hardest part of my job was cleaning totally trashed out rooms.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people.
Pros
Great managers.
Cons
No raises; money spent on acommendations not employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.