Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,201 reviews matching the search
Stressful and must be hands-on at all times
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
If you like to be pressured and like problem solving this is a great place to work at. You will get numerous calls due to heating, cooling, water, drainage. etc. I learned a lot about being hands-on. This isn't a job you only do what you are assigned to do. If you can do it, you do it. Management was difficult due to every 3 months a new manager would be hired. The co-workers help you in every way possible to not lose it. The hardest part of the time was to do things on your own even if you weren't taught, but when employees do have time to teach you, they will.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
Complaints
Great place to meet some very interesting people!
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLOctober 8, 2015
Very clear responsibilities and management works closely with their employees to ensure success of workers and company. I've learned more about various cultures while working in this environment. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a guest comes up to me and calls me names like "miracle worker" and gives me a big smile.
Pros
Great benefits!
Customer service
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy meeting new people every day and being able to interact with guest as they check in or as they check out in the morning. I work night audit so depending on how full or busy we are the night can go slow but I do enjoy the down time. I dont have management on duty but I do work with a driver for our 24 hour shuttle service and I do feel safe knowing Iam not working alone during the night shift.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No medical
Needs serious changes
Super 8 (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 7, 2016
Management talked badly about every employee using crude and rude language. If you ask for a day off l was yelled at. Watches the security camera and calls you 20 plus times a day over nothing having to do with bad service. Speaks bad of owners who are very nice, won't follow your schedule just assigns hours out of your scope. My tip is don't work here, never in my work career have I worked with such bad and unorganized management.
Pros
Guests are great
Cons
No breaks, no set schedule, dont ask for a day off, uneducated/unprofessional management.
poor manangement
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHMay 6, 2016
I understand that the Wyndham franchise allows independent buyers to own their hotels. This creates some inconsistency. The owner of the Ramada I worked at was horrible. He threatened my job frequently for making minor mistakes, he was condescending, and over bearing. He ran an illegal parking brigade out of the hotel which caused city wide attention. He did not maintain the rooms properly. There were several reports of bed bugs as well. A typical day at work would be me taking guest complaints and trying to fix them, monitoring the efforts of housekeeping, inspecting rooms, making reservations etc. I learned the Wynguest system quite well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and poor scheduling. My co-workers, however, were wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the guests.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no real breaks, being constantly monitored 24 hours a day via camera, manageent
Seek employment where your efforts are appreciated.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV aka The Blvd.May 29, 2016
The reality of life on the front line was totally different from the culture they pitch at you during orientation. Marketing constantly produced unqualified tours which you were supposed to turn into sales for the company. Unless you pitched heat this was just not going to happen most of the time. Professionalism was not present when you got on the floor, and fighting for desks to promote a sale was a daily battle. I can deal with a certain amount of guerrilla tactics, but the team spirit/count on me was far from the norm. Floor managers/trainers assured new sales reps that there was not favoritism/honey potting going on but this too is far from the truth. The old saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me applies if you plan on committing a part of your life to this organization.
Pros
nothing
Cons
having to give back commission if someone cancels after the recession period, having a draw that is deducted from your commissions, having people ignore you when you need help
Howard Johnson
Front Desk Receptionist/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 2, 2016
A typical work day is answering the phones and checking in or checking out guest at the hotel. The management is fair, they are great about working with my school schedule but are not their to help in tough situations, this is where I have learned how to take care of a conflict quickly and calmly. My co-workers are amazing. We work together as a team and are always there for each other. The hardest part of the job has to be the conflicts and the best part of the job has to be visiting with the guest and having fun at work.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Working late at night and not getting paid enough
Night Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 27, 2015
I work 11p-7a, i balance the days shifts making sure the guest folios were correct and every thing was in the right order. I learned about accounting and receivable. Management are great, but really didn't see them because I work 3rd shift. Co worker are great, but again working 3rd shift hardly seen anyone.

Hard part of job? Finding previous shifts mistakes.

I enjoy my job, because it is 3rd quite and relaxing because the guest are usually all in the bed. So I have time to do my work without being distracted.
Pros
3rd shift
Cons
Management all have different ways of doing the work, So workers don't know which is the correct way to do it!
I assistant with guests need and heip the team out.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 22, 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my co-worker as they progression various problem that comes up with the guest stay. Answer the phones and dot he schedules. Order product they we need. The hardest part of my job is the Laundry. The most enjoyable part of my job is I like went I have made a guest happy and that they real enjoy there stay at our Motel. They leave with a smile on their face,
Pros
We offer Free Breakfast each Daay
Cons
Muffins, Conflakes & Waffles
Who you know organization
Corporate throw away (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2016
This is a company that has grown tremendously over the last 10 years. Unfortunately, mid level management and above is determined by who you know not what you now. Especially in the Corporate office of Las Vegas. I have watch over the last decade friends get promotions rather then the best qualified individual. Please do not let their "count on me" slogan fool you job title is everything. Those below manager are not worthy.
Cons
No work life balance, lower pay, and biased based decisions.
No chance for advancement
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 11, 2015
I worked for an independent Days Inn, The Days Inn Burlington East in North Carolina. The managers hired me at 7.50 per hour with no benefits, no insurance, and no chance for advancement. They were often rude and did not make it easy to work there. I'm not judgmental at all, although I did see at times they thought that they were better than the people that they had working for them. There was a large turnover rate in the short amount of time I worked for this company. They found people off of the street to do their handy work and paint jobs. There was mold under the paint that was scraped off of the walls, which proved to me that they only completed the bare minimum to satisfy state laws. This was the dirtiest employer that I had ever worked for in my life.
Pros
No incentive. Just a job. No perks.
Cons
No healthcare. No lunch or break.
Management needs training on how to be supportive of growth within the company.
Contracts Compliance & Gifting Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 17, 2015
Overall Wyndham need to retrain all management personnel with some form of core guidelines on assisting with advancement and growth within this company. Being that we are short staff at the moment Wyndham should implement a cross train so that management can help out with business demands. Majority of management only knows delegation roles and no knowledge of how to perform everyday jobs.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, short staff, high turn over
Fun and friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 19, 2016
The WSM Resort is an extended family environment in which your management team is eager to share their knowledge with all associates.
Pros
great benefits
Horrible place to work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cave City, KYAugust 30, 2016
I worked there just a short amount of time and during that time I was constantly harassed by the foreigners who lived and resided over the hotel about silly non-sense things. The place was absolutely disgusting. I sat out breakfast one morning and there was bugs in the juice dispenser, there was dried syrup on the floor where no one cleaned throughout the day and when I brought this information to the owners of the hotel they replaced me without my knowledge.
My opinion about a typical work day.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 28, 2016
My work day at work is real good. because I always complete my work task that I am asked to complete.I always learn everything that I can learn on a job. I always give the management department the very best respect. I show my co-workers respect as well. The hardest part of the job to me is to make sure I do everything right. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to break so you can get to know your co-workers and taking the little short break.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive & fun work place
Housekeeper Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work consist of; filling the laundry carts with everything that is needed in the rooms. I do the rooms in order in which they are on the sheet. I've learned how to properly make a bed in the matter of 3 minutes. The management is very nice and understanding, they always have room for improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job, it is productive and laid back. Plenty of things to do and whenever the job is done is when you get to leave.
Ok place to work but it needs improvement
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 19, 2016
This job was very difficult for me, not because of the work but because of the people I worked with and the people in positions above me. The manager and owner were not in sync about alot of things, leaving myself and my coworkers flapping in the wind alot. I was responsible for making and filing guest reservations, filing other paperwork and answering business phones. Assisting customers as well. That part was easy and great. I learned from this position that I love doing clerical work and would love to work in that type of position from now on.
It was great while it lasted
Reservations/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2016
I loved my supervisor he was always very supportive fun and still remained professional. I learned a lot about different locations and top tourist spots than i would if i did not work here. Hardest part would be constantly having to battle the lies that some guest were sold on and still trying to let the guest know that Wyndham is a good company. I liked how the steering committee put together incentives and spirit week.
productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 27, 2015
I enjoy working with my colleagues and we all work together. Ilove meeting new people in this business. There really isn't any hard parts to this job, as long as you stay productive and have things in order you should be fine. There can be some rough days when we are sold out. The only disadvantage is that you can't move up or further your career and no raises
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no, raises, no healthcare, and no vacation, no lunch break
Not very enjoyable front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2016
The hotel is very cheap. The management team was horrible, often we had guests coming in with rooms with roaches, and bugs. Also, the general manager would never want to talk to the guests, even in a more problematic situation, for example, dirty rooms that were put in the system.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
poor management

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location