Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,707 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

Job filled with multiple issues
Front Desk Receptionist/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), California, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: very laid back during the week because you didn't have a lot of guest to stay.
Cons: want work to be done that isn't in your job description
I went to work not because I enjoyed it, but to earn a paycheck. The management constantly would pick arguments with staff. Not a very stable work place. They would expect you to do things that were not described in your interview for what you would be doing on a normal work day.
Disorganized
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: learnigh how to audit
Cons: customer complaints
Hard work because the hotel was run down. The rooms had fleas and so the customers would complain and leave and not come back.
Timeshare Sales
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all over the world.
Cons: sometimes it took days to get a sale.
It was called Fairfield when I worked there, I really enjoyed working there probably better than any other job. By my third year I was making 6 figures doing something I loved. It doesn't get any better than that.
Productive workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: worst staff
I had fun working for this company. After working here for a while I realized that this company was not for me. I prefer to work somewhere where I can move and grow with the company.
A productive and learning experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Eager to get my day started accommodating guests request and completing daily tasks.Enjoy working around my co-workers learning their ways an actions.Meeting new people from around the world.
Hard row to hoe.
Front Desk Associate Wingate (Former Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: no room for advancement, unless you're under 25 or 30
I went in with high expectations and promises of advancement, but was stymied at every turn. Almost everyone under 30 and with little or no experience were promoted time and again over me. I don't think it indicative of the entire company, just the one property.
Busy in summer, slower in winter
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Coos Bay, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: there was alot to do, so i was never bored.
Cons: was on my feet almost all day
This was an ok place to work for, my first manager was really great to work with and for. Whenever I needed my hours to be switched or to be a little late, or to show up early, she would help in any way she could.
When the new manager took over, it was not such a good place to work for.
Great workdays, morning Breakfast, great co-workers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and longer lunchbreaks.
Cons: sometimes work days were cut short, cleaning more than 15 rooms a day was hard on my back.
When i worked at Days Inn a typical work day for me was getting up at 8 every morning and being to work at 9:30, then getting off at 5. I cleaned approximately 10 to 25 rooms a day. The most hardest part about my job was making the beds and having to bend over every time you made them. There was two sometimes three beds in each room. I think the most enjoyable part of my day is the morning.
security guard I do all aspects of security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: after 1 year you get vacation
What I like is that each day brings new guests and all types of situations I have learned a great deal about hotels and what you do because I have been in healthcare facilities,church security and law enforcement. Every one is working for the best of our guests. The hardest part is when you try to explain a situation to a guest and they won' listen. Example parking in a handy capped spot when you are not handicapped. Most enjoyable is knowing that when the day is done you have helped people with their problems.
Part of a great team!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Ramada JanesvilleJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: the people you meet.
Fun place to work. You get to meet lots of interesting people. Your part of a team. Customer service is the main point of this job.Great management and co-workers. Great benefits and 401k. Will miss my coworkers. Hardest thing is dealing with disgruntled locals.
It's a great place to work temporarily
Host breakfast for multiple customer (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 27, 2015
Great Environment,Great Management,lack of security,and
need to add benefits
Smaller of the Wyndham Properties
Receptionist (Former Employee), Claremont, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: compensation
I worked at the Howard Johnson which is a small Wyndham property. Hours and days were not usually flexible. I had the same schedule for the 5 years that I worked there. No altered compensation as time went by.
Productive and Interesting place to work
General Manger (Current Employee), Laplace, LAJanuary 25, 2015
- Productive and busy providing better service to customers
- Better attitude for better service
- Better management to keep business competitive
- Sometimes dealing with hard customers
- Service to customers and enjoy job related interactions
Company experiencing growth and change.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
A good company experiencing the challenges that come with success and growth.
Sales and Marketing
Timeshare Salesperson (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: sales trainning and bonuses
Cons: no sick time
It was a fun and fast pace sales environment. The compensation was good. The only drawback was that it was a seasonal position.
Busy day makes for a fast day.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hours and location
Cons: healthcare
8 hours cleaning rooms vacated by check-ins... It was a self paced environment, Management was very knowledgeable. Great company to work for would do it again. HIRING?
Rather busy business; especially during the Summer months
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Depending on the shift worked I did laundry and light housekeeping, made reservations or if I worked the over night shift I did the night audit.
Dead end position due to the fact that time shares have seen their heyday, and the state of New York doesn't want time share industry here.
Marketing Rep (Former Employee), West side of ManhattanJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: no scheduled time for breaks, and always new people to pitch.
Cons: not enough guest traffic to get the kind of numbers we needed to make good money.
Every day was different because we had to practically chase down the guests to pitch them. Most guests were international, and much of what we gave away for time share tour signers was more beneficial to guests that were also US citizens. Management never was clear on what they wanted, and they made many promises they never followed through on.My co-workers were great people, but, they faced the same music I did. All in all, the best part about any sales or marketing position is always when we get the "yes" that we strive for.
Great mentors
IN HOUSE MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee), orlando, flJanuary 23, 2015
Sales analysis. Profit per tour. Created strategic vents and pitches to drive sales
Great Company
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Surfside, WAJanuary 22, 2015
I loved in interaction with the guest and being of service when they needed extra help or time.

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos