Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 2,641 reviews matching the search
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2017
We're you make beds and clean rooms out by the number of rooms they give you and make suew ever area or clean before you leave out the local of the room s
Pruductive and positive atmosphere plus good pay.
Loundry (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 2, 2017
Owe I clock in when I get to work and chill and talk for a few then get to work . I make sure there's towels and linen avaliable for the house keepers and Asus any costumers in need of directions or towells. I sort the towells from the linnen then I fill the washing machine with either a mix or based on what the house keepers need. Then I loud the two dryers and fold any towels that's still there from last time to get reddy for the house keepers and repeat this sickle. When dun I make sure to shut and turn of the light.
Pros
Free breakfast and extra break if needed
Cons
Good company to work for
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  West Middlesex, PAApril 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for wyndham. The job was easy enough and not to stressful. They provided good training and the staff was great. Not to mention the discount on hotels was great.
Awful
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 1, 2017
This place was, umm, not that great. I usually worked the breakfast shift, and was told to chat with everyone while they ate, and also told to ask everyone what room they slept in. I considered it an invasion of their privacy, so I wouldn't do it.
Pros
nothing
Managment can make or break a company.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 1, 2017
Gained an abundance of knowledge in respect to a customer service position in a motel. Management was there for their employees and their employees there for them
Pros
Raises yearly, friendly work environment
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
M & M Shop #2
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work was to tend to customers in an orderly fashion and to make sure the store stayed clean and presentable. I loved this job and would go back if they had not shut down.
Learning experiences were constant
Extra Holidays Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2017
a typical day at work was always different. This of course made this a great place to work. Each call was a new experience as well as a learning experience.
Loved the people that I worked with
Assistant General Manger (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2017
Loved the people that i worked with. Loved the challenges that each day provided. Making guest happy is what i loved.
workplace
Experience as Manager on Duty
 Handling Express check In/Out
 Cover all positions as needed such as Executive chef and Executive Housekeeper
 Handling and Research of customer complaints and concerns.

 Ensured that all hotel activities were done adhering to appropriate standards.
 Continuously checked the hotel processes.
 Managed the activities of a staff in excess of 10 personnel.
 Acted in additional capacities as General Manager & Asst. General Manager.
 Hotel reservation agent.
 Group booking liaison.
 Banquet and Room Sales

 Accounts Payable processing invoices, preparing payments and reconciliations.
 Accounts receivable processing of payments, application of cash and credit cards.
 Prepared payroll time sheet and maintained proper documentation
Pros
meeting diffrent people
Cons
un happy guest
Open 24 hours during the summer season
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, NJMarch 30, 2017
The owner is a very happy, understanding and friendly man which makes the work environment very pleasant. I worked the over night shift which was a little calmer than during the day. The over night position is only available in the summer season! Also working the over night shift leaves you by yourself so there are a lot of extra duties to handle sometimes such as maintenance and housekeeping responsibilities. Keeping security of the establishment was also very important for the safety of guests!
OK for a job
Legal Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2017
It paid the bills but there's no long-term career advancement there, unless you desire to be the bestest customer call center supervisor in all of Orlando.
Enjoyable part of the job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 29, 2017
I enjoy all the guests that come in through the door. The regulars that come through I enjoy the most because they make feel like a part of the family and that I am appreciated.
Pros
restaurant next door
Cons
no sick or vacation pay
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 29, 2017
Typical work day is you start off putting everything you need to clean the rooms on to your cart. I learned how to use my time in a mannerly order. I enjoyed meeting new people.
I enjoy working there
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
This position offer great opportunity for growth. The experience was priceless. Ther was so much knowledge too obsorb and I was so greatful for that. I truly enjoy working for this company.
Nce compensation but no work/life balance
Quality Assurance Manager - Team of 5 (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 29, 2017
This is a good company to work for, great benefits but there is no sense of loyalty towards its employees and there is no consideration for its salaried whether salaried or hourly.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
No work/life balance
Marketing Supervisor
Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
Great job if you want unclear expectations and to lie to people on a daily basis. Bad culture. The only way you can make a buck is by taking advantage of people and making them angry. This company doesn't do anything good for anyone in the world if it doesn't benefit their pocketbook.
Pros
Great people. Made a number of good friends.
Cons
no work life balance, no time off, pay is only good for sales.
Sales Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMarch 28, 2017
Very demanding. No time to have a life. Excellent people, fun environment. Too much work not enough pay. May job opportunities. High-paced environment.
Benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Pay vs Work
Fun work enviornment
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 28, 2017
Ensure guest satisfactions in the rooms and common areas. Learned how to multi task, take pride in your duties and to work as a team. Workplace was laid back, all employees were nice. The hardest part of the job was high season when you have to flip the hotel for the next reservations coming in.
Cons
no benefits
Not very good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 28, 2017
Hectic job environment with little appreciation to workers. Supervisors are not readily available to staff. Have to work all weekends and holidays. Management is authoritarian and shows little appreciation toward jobs well done.
Horrible Management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMarch 28, 2017
The job it self is not bad it all management. Your direct coworkers are great. The rules change based on managements feelings for the day. The rules make your paycheck. They have no respect for employees and HR is a joke.
experiencing the medival times
Manager and a server (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 28, 2017
Served roast beef, apple dumplings and chicken and fries....ive learned to serve customers without and register and enjoyed the activities they acting out or displayed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only for high schooled students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location