Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

stressful jobs
Front Desk Agent / Receptionist-Part time (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 15, 2017
they have ownership of the place so its depend what you got from your owner of the place. that's way its hard to say they have each place with same environment.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
no good mangment
Amazing co-workers and very organized.
Property Manager/ Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Silverthorne, COSeptember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Erin and Leon. (Managers) They made me feel comfortable and they were so willing to answer any question I had. I enjoy working with our owners and guest. Everyone was in such a great mood to be on vacation. I enjoyed telling them a loop holes or any local knowledge to save there vacation. Super rewarding.
Pros
Flewible
Cons
On the road
culture is great
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 14, 2017
enjoy this company and love working with the employees. It also is has the opportunity to make a lot of money! It overall had a good work-life-balance.
Working as a line cook
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
I started out working as dishwasher for about half a year and seen a opening for prep-cook and asked my head chef if he could make me cook and he agreed that it would be a good move for me because i was always curious about culinary arts but didnt want to go to school and pay out of pocket . We all worked as a unit and a family and put pressure on each other to work better , i remember when we would get slammed on busy nights and not break a sweat and tell each other good job at the end of night it was a great feeling to hear those words after a rough day
Don't work for one in Newton, ms
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSSeptember 13, 2017
I liked working at the hotel mainly because of the guest. I'm a people person and like meeting new people. The owners/management of the hotel were horrible. Work you to death and only get paid 4.00 a room. Didn't want to give days off. Would work two weeks or more before getting a day off. No insurance, no overtime pay, no vacation, and no raises.
Pros
Not many, free breakfast
Cons
The owners of the one I worked at
Great Opportunity
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
I learned a great deal at my time with Wyndham. I do not miss customer service though. That is a very difficult job. Great company to work for though, loved the conferences
A learning experience
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GASeptember 12, 2017
I worked for the Days Inn & Suites in Hinesville. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. I had no prior experience and had to learn everything on my own. There was no assistance at all, overall I learned the system and enjoyed it.
Pros
I was the General Manager so I made all the decisions
Cons
I worked a lot of hours being the only one in charge
Great Culture and Diversity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is a company that has great culture and diversity. It has often appeared as a great place to work. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Not for me.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Haw River, NCSeptember 12, 2017
My bosses made the work environment not enjoyable. Depending on the ownership of the hotel it might be different for you. But know what you are getting yourself in to when applying.
your adverage housekeeping job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2017
normal day was waiting for guest to leave, cleaning out their rooms, changing bed sheets, and preparing them for next guest. job just wasn't for me. not a bad place to work but not desirable either
Fun Environment
Business Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 10, 2017
Family oriented and amazing work environment. Management highly encouraged individuals to succeed in their departments. Great acknowledgement of individual's hard work.
Pros
Easy Hours
Fakest people ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 9, 2017
They are all racist, its funny how their literally is one black guy that works on the sales floor but I would not even say he is truly African American because he acts white. They have favorites and only help who they want, their all on drugs especially management for sure. They gossip about everybody who works there even the managers they treat you as if your beneath them literally. The managers make racist comments and judge their customers from start to finish.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
racists, if you don't fit in your toast, gossip crews, drug heads
Quick paced, fun atmosphere
Sales & Marketing Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 9, 2017
A typical day at Wyndham is a quick paced, multi tasking day. The team was fantastic! There was lots of room for learning, but not as much room for career advancement.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Hospitality
Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 8, 2017
I learned a lot, I enjoyed the environment . Cooperation with other staff. Meeting and greeting groups of people and seeing that protocol and requirements were done as requested and follow through was done as ordered.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Higher pay
advancing
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTSeptember 7, 2017
It was a relaxed hotel environment with some stressful moments but otherwise the workload was good. there isnt much more to say so I'll leave it to that to hit the mark
Cons
part time no benefits
Poor Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MISeptember 7, 2017
Management cares more about hiring their friends than they do the customers or other employees. Witnessed my supervisor talk very poorly to and about myself and most other coworkers without concern.
Fast paced
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 7, 2017
The Wydham Garden Duluth taught me a lot about relying on oneself usually the role I was required a lot of team which was not always provided by the staff. I believe once the staff and some remodeling happened the hotel could be a wonderful place to work.
Doesn't know what Management is doing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2017
Now this is my first Hotel job, so I will forever be thankful for the opportunity and the skills they imparted to me during this year experience. And at first it was a wonderful place to work at, friendly co-workers, a General Manager who is eager to watch me grow with the company, etc. However, over time, things have began to go rather sour. All my teachers (co-workers) have left, management has been changed a few times, each with their own goals in mind (and not keeping the employees in mind).

There's things that happened in the business I'm not allowed to share but I'm thinking it's because of that my experience has gone down hill. Like I said wonderful place for the opportunity, but I believe I have reached my maximum potential for the company.
Pros
Free drinks, workable schedule, friendly environment
Cons
Poor Management, unfair pay
Great Training! Seasonal money
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to learn sales. If you can sell something with zero resale value you can learn to sell anything. Unbelievable training. Great trainer and amazing team work. Nice culture but hard to be friends with people who will be gone in less then a year. Not for everyone. Standards kept going up but comp plans went down. I was the only one from my training class to last over a year. Had 1 great manager who got promoted then had a different one every couple months. Once you get the hang of it you can pretty much work at any wyndham. Lots of coworkers changed location many times to chase the best pay plan. No job security they can fire you in 2 months if you have bad numbers. No paid time off. Some directors will approve your days off but some will deny almost any time. Pay is a draw system commission only. Get your money and get out. They will hire anyone with a pulse which is good but get ready to prove you self.
Pros
Usually get to go home early
Cons
Commission only takes a little while to get going...Work Weekends and Holidays
fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Good environment everyone is excepting and very nice. Very helpful. had a good time while there. Very flexible working hours for a student going to college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.